[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

I agree.  If JH had threatened FJ's life,  I am sure he would have killed her. It wouldn't be with his own hands, but he would have laid it out so she'd disappear. Just look at what happened in AY's dream when the two princesses harmed FJ.

Yep, he would have 借刀杀人 (Borrow someone else’s knife to kill someone). Same strat.

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

Rewatching through ep47 now (near the end of the Aranya arc), very proud to be able to drag till tomorrow’s high def release of the final two episodes :D

The voice actor for DH is very good. The tonal inflections he uses for Shenye are different, more earthy. When he tells FJ to hide when Miaolu attacks (just before the soul gathering lamp shatters), it’s very different from DH saying the same thing. If I close my eyes, I can almost believe it’s two different voices. 

I expected Shenye to have a greater reaction to the lamp shattering - that’s 200 years of his hard labour down the drain (before he realised FJ had absorbed Aranya’s essence) - it was quite muted instead. The entire sequence from the revelation to them sitting inside the house was very moving and sad. Shenye’s caution (he says it was his weakness for not daring to reciprocate) caused Aranya to die without knowing the extent of his feelings for her just as DH’s way of doing things his way caused FJ to doubt and misunderstand. No wonder Vengo said in his character special to “be brave and love”. This is my favourite part of the arc involving Shenye and only became so on the second watching. :wub:

Anyone knows how Su Moye’s appearance disrupted the fate Shenye and Aranya were meant to have? Because it seemed like Aranya loved Shenye to the end even though Su Moye was in her life and also Su Moye was absent during the last two years of her life when the couple also experienced their greatest bliss. I haven’t quite figured this out.

Also, they played up the reabsorption by DH and FJ of their shadow’s essences in the drama. Moments after Shenye drowned, DH was so overcome that he wasn’t aware what ML was doing to FJ until it was too late. FJ also just stood there absorbing Aranya’s essence when the lamp shattered - except that one would  have thought since Aranya died 200 years ago, FJ would already have experienced this 200 years ago. Hmm. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

@bertrande Su Moye took Aranya from the snake pit before Shen Ye was powerful enough to save her. After Su Moye became her teacher, she was later on wed to Xi Ze. Even if Xi Ze was absent most of the time and the marriage is in paper only, SY and Aranya did not cross bounderies however much they feel for each other. Had it been Shen Ye rescuing her from the snake pit, their relationship could have blossomed naturally.

Aranya's essences were collected every time the events are repeated in Aranya's dream. As for DH and FJ, the reabsorption made them see and feel everything way back the lives of SY and Aranya...I like how the script emphasized it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Congratz to reba!

she has really great star power, vengo is in number 14.

i think in the top 10, she is the only girl and maintaining the number 1 spot for the 4th week.

Reba has a HUGE Fan base in China so I’m not surprised that she’s been at No.1 , Glad to see her doing well. She and Yangmi are my favorite 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Anyone knows how Su Moye’s appearance disrupted the fate Shenye and Aranya were meant to have? Because it seemed like Aranya loved Shenye to the end even though Su Moye was in her life and also Su Moye was absent during the last two years of her life when the couple also experienced their greatest bliss. I haven’t quite figured this out.

Also, they played up the reabsorption by DH and FJ of their shadow’s essences in the drama. Moments after Shenye drowned, DH was so overcome that he wasn’t aware what ML was doing to FJ until it was too late. FJ also just stood there absorbing Aranya’s essence when the lamp shattered - except that one would  have thought since Aranya died 200 years ago, FJ would already have experienced this 200 years ago. Hmm. 

Wrt to your first question - Su Moye took Aranya out of the snake formation and made her his disciple; I think if he had not intervened, it would have been Chenye. In that case, their relationship would have been different. 

As for Aranya's reabsorption  - hhmm... I think Chenye kept them in his flower-like lamp. In the book, only reference was made to her shadow, not her essence, so that part was played up for dramatic effect, methinks.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

I feel that DH really is lazy sometimes. Or at least has a faulty thinking process. He repeatedly saw FJ's insecurities towards JH, and at one point (in the cave) promised that he would explain everything that has been bothering her. Regardless of the impending collapse of the toxin realm, he could have kept that secret while explaining all the other stuff. But honestly, we only see him enjoying himself with his little fox and never received the real talk. 

@vivi0303 I think DH really have a faulty thinking process. Even if he sees FJ's insecurities, he doesn't understand why because he loves her and he shows it every chance he gets. He thought FJ sees it as it is. He didn't even entertain the remote possibility of FJ thinking that he liked JH. He has also repeatedly told and shown her that he doesn't care about JH (in the cave in Aranya's dream, Fanyin Valley). I think he assumed FJ would understand him which was his biggest mistake. 

We may have a different story if DH did tell FJ though. If he had told FJ about his promise and then the possibility of having to stop Miao Luo, I am quite sure that FJ is stubborn enough to follow him. They would be together and the conflict/quarrels they may repeatedly have would be DH trying to protect FJ at all costs because he is distracted because of her most of the time.  

Hahahha, and BGG would definitely have more siblings in that 200 years!

• LOL 7
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I am watching from episode 24 again. I'm now on 29. So funny how YCW is a good friend that gives bad advice...

His advice always increases the misunderstood between DH and FJ

every time he gives an advice to FJ ..I feel I want to smack his head..

• LOL 12

1 minute ago, jimmylyne said:

that was fate's deliberate hand hahaha. But I think the tests that they go through in the relationship makes the sweet ending sweeter.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Barbedflower said:

@vivi0303 I think DH really have a faulty thinking process. Even if he sees FJ's insecurities, he doesn't understand why because he loves her and he shows it every chance he gets. He thought FJ sees it as it is. He didn't even entertain the remote possibility of FJ thinking that he liked JH. He has also repeatedly told and shown her that he doesn't care about JH (in the cave in Aranya's dream, Fanyin Valley). I think he assumed FJ would understand him which was his biggest mistake. 

We may have a different story if DH did tell FJ though. If he had told FJ about his promise and then the possibility of having to stop Miao Luo, I am quite sure that FJ is stubborn enough to follow him. They would be together and the conflict/quarrels they may repeatedly have would be DH trying to protect FJ at all costs because he is distracted because of her most of the time.  

Hahahha, and BGG would definitely have more siblings in that 200 years!

Remember, this god has high IQ low EQ. In fact Tang Qi said he had zero EQ. And that's his biggest flaw. FJ is deeply disturbed by Zi Heng because of the fake wedding that DH organised to help Zi Heng run away with MinSu. It did "appear" that they were really getting married. I still feel she has a right to know about Miao Luo. It would make the Zi Heng problem look like a non-issue issue at all as FJ knows that getting rid of ML is of utmost importance to all realms.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I need recommendations for future dramas like this one, guys. 

I have seen Love and Destiny and loved it. 

Also, if you recommend a show, can you also say where you are watching it? I have a Vicki subscription.

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

He is so blindsided by JH apparently "dazzling" beauty that he failed to look at all her flaws. Also FJ is the second most beautiful woman after her aunt in 4 seas and 8 realms.... everytime YCW praises JH, I cringe. On top of that her instinct to protect others weaker than herself and all that makes FJ beautiful on the inside and outside. And to be honest, DH saw the inside before outside. Totally not shallow. That's what DH is talking about when he described the "tea" she made. She didn't get it, like he said...

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, mtalspaugh said:

I need recommendations for future dramas like this one, guys. 

I have seen Love and Destiny and loved it. 

Also, if you recommend a show, can you also say where you are watching it? I have a Vicki subscription.

Thanks in advance! 

I am watching The Eternal Love. It's surprisingly good. https://www.viki.com/tv/35557c-the-eternal-love#modal-episode

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ninky said:

that was fate's deliberate hand hahaha. But I think the tests that they go through in the relationship makes the sweet ending sweeter.

Couldn't agree more.

His behaviour was guite entertaining tho..

Is it true he end up with Jiheng? If so .. I'm kind of disappointed..

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I am watching from episode 24 again. I'm now on 29. So funny how YCW is a good friend that gives bad advice...

17 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

lol it’s bad advice that can also make sense!! It’s like “well...if you look at it THAT way...” hahaha. 

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Couldn't agree more.

His behaviour was guite entertaining tho..

Is it true he end up with Jiheng? If so .. I'm kind of disappointed..

Spoiler

Yes, it's was unfortunate for YCW he got his wish but ewwwwww.  Not in the books though. We will know more with the release of the third story.

• Like 3