[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

That the thing with novel adaption. The readers have many expectations. It's true, it could've been better if they included thoses scenes since we saw the bts and some still cuts. I think so far, they did great. I didn't watch the 6 remaining episodes yet, but except the mortal realm arc which was really boring and too long, the drama portrayed well their relationship. It didn't lost the novel essence. And maybe it's a way for them to release some special episodes later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

I would've cut the entire mortal arc cause honestly, after Song Xuanren, I cannot take Dijun seriously. Sorry but not sorry :joy:

I am ok with 6 episodes full of dong feng for the mortal arc :D actually, a lot really did not like the slow start of ELOD. Oh just thinking about the missed opportunity again makes my blood pressure increase :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

As someone who didn’t watch TMOPB (only the truncated film version on the plane), and approached ELOD without the benefit of the book (only cross referencing some scenes to the relevant parts of the book when I can find them), I thought the producers did a great job. Would have loved the destiny stone scene and thought the mortal arc was too protracted while the last 4 episodes were too compressed and chaotic but overall, I really enjoyed the series. I agree that the BTS showing cut scenes weren’t ideal but hey, without them, we wouldn’t know they were filmed and cut right so for viewing pleasure I would still like to have seen them :P

Having been from the industry many moons ago, sometimes things take on a very fluid and spontaneous pace during filming and I understand why many scenes were filmed which are later deemed superfluous and not included even before real editing begins. I remember during filming for a soap, we knew how many episodes they had planned but we were not even given the full script for each episode. And sometimes multiple revisions would follow. Probably different for a 16 episode season vs a 60 episode one off series following a book but maybe artistic direction changed as the filming went along. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Tang Qi is on fire! Epilogue Six is out. Will share the translation with all when the ELOD translation team is ready. We are so spoilt and lucky to be fans of Pillow Book! :heart:

She must really be happy with ELOD adaptation :w00t:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

I have seen fans asking about the release of the Ancient War cut scenes. This is news to me so I digged around. It appears they did film our young Dong Hua fighting in a war besides his generals especially with Bai Yi, FJ's father. Wow, the scene must have been epic!

If shown, it should have been at the first episode when viewers were first introduced to DH. Starting from the Ancient War to reunite the world and then the battle with Miao Luo. Woah, why did they cut it though. DH in his top knot and war gear is super bad axx. 

WOW, would have loved to see these Ancient War scenes.  BY's pic is very nice - too bad they never did release it officially.  How did these fans know!  And Weibo fans can be really harsh with their comments huh, very direct and brusque.  It's a brutal world there lol.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Darn, can't open the link.  Hope it finds its way to playlists in other places soon - love this BGM!

I edited to a different site that doesn't need the APP. Hope this works for you.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, bertrande said:

WOW, would have loved to see these Ancient War scenes.  BY's pic is very nice - too bad they never did release it officially.  How did these fans know!  And Weibo fans can be really harsh with their comments huh, very direct and brusque.  It's a brutal world there lol.

For dj in ancient war drab, it was already leaked before, i totally forgot about it!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I forgot to include this in my ep notes yesterday,

Turns out Meng and Jiulou are cousins...?

Meng said shes 'uncle and aunt's' only child, uncle was always first to be said. I guess she's  Xiangli He's daughter? 

(At least in drama.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I kind of laughed and cried with CY in the second clip. CY losing his mind over sugar foxes. :joy::bawling:

I see this scene differently with your comment. Those sugar foxes weren't in his taste :DToo bad Dong Hua didn't know shen ye got some.  He would've get them too.

• LOL 10

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

In the books DH was described as Emotionless Desireless Loveless deity The High and Almighty powerful an ancient God. In drama his character has tonned down into more considerate and certainly playful especially when he around FJ his love and LS his best friend. He sure smile a lots which was so adorablely cute.

In drama the time we only seen him Emotionless was when he fight with Miaoluo 

EP 49..

DH's expression here really fitted to his infamous character as Emotionless deity.

I was practically shuddered by DH expression he was so heartless so cruel didn't hesitate to explanation the truth to his own shadow ShenYe saying that Aranya cannot be revived or reincarnated no matter what.. because she's born out of shadow just like ShenYe himself.

His possessiveness toward Xiao Bai was really something he was even jealous of his own shadow.

He also tried to kill him at the battle ground, fortunately/unfortunate for SY he blocked DJ sword.The heart brake after that was simply....simple.

They missed a grate opportunity to show case SY (Vengo) expressiveness at seeing his dream/desperation shattered and splintered before his eyes, we just got the aftermath of that. I need a good ugly cry for both SY and A it will help with the hurt my heart feels every time I think about them:bawling:. Hopefully we all learned a good lesson from that as my grandmother use to say make hay while the sun shines. Regret is an unbearable burden, I speek from personal experience once a opportunity is gone there is no way to get it bach.:bawling:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

@Wuzetian, what new drama? "Ancient war" are scenes from ELOD which have been cut. From the time Dijun was still the emperor and Ji Heng's father was one of his generals.

Guess I was too excited thinking there's another sequel or something. Sigh only cut scenes for now.  Any links to DH's fight BTS?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1