[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@Ninky, I personally don't mind the mortal arc. I actually love the mortal arc because I get to see a different version of DH and surprisingly I like YQT, when I read the book I had a completely different view toward YQT, since he was briefly mentioned I didn't give much thoughts on him, but seeing him on the drama made me understand why FJ wanted so badly to get the fruit and why she would mourn for him, I feel a bit sad for him as well because he like FJ and knew he won't get the same feeling from her. The only scenes that need to be deleted or cut for my taste is Jiheng and Nie Chu Yin's lol :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, Donghuadijun said:

@Ninky, I personally don't mind the mortal arc. I actually love the mortal arc because I get to see a different version of DH and surprisingly I like YQT, when I read the book I had a completely different view toward YQT, since he was briefly mentioned I didn't give much thoughts on him, but seeing him on the drama made me understand why FJ wanted so badly to get the fruit and why she would mourn for him, I feel a bit sad for him as well because he like FJ and knew he won't get the same feeling from her. The only scenes that need to be deleted or cut for my taste is Jiheng and Nie Chu Yin's lol :lol:

I personally like it but it needs to be reduced down for more important scenes. Thats my only gripe. It was just too long. 10 episodes max for that but it went to 12.

They portrayed YQT correctly. He is exactly as described in book though the description was pretty brief.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

They are a necessary evil, one is the catalyst for trouble as he assisted Miao Luo. The other is somebody who didn’t understand what love really meant and kept on loving the wrong person and the device which the author used to separate the lovers for 200 years. 

Dong Hua needed to learn some lessons and this is the way the author wanted him to learn unfortunately.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

@Ninky can you put your post under spoilers, please. For those who didn't watch the advanced episodes like me, it's a big spoiler. Sorry and thank you.

Now, I understand why they gave him the spotlight in ep.50.

Done. Put two parts in spoilers in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

The scenes that I found amusing were, when FJ invited DH and the rest to the restaurant and she thought she was dreaming seeing LS and Ahli there, so she pinched her self but she was actually pinching DH, or when LS trolling DH by taking the cakes slowly in front of DH. I also think it was funny when LS kept asking DH why FJ wanted the Pimpon fruit so badly to distract DH. Also when LS trying to peep inside the spring pool when FJ was taking a bath and he made an excuse that he left his fan there. I think anything with LS is amusing :D, never thought an immortal would love to gossip but apparently thats all what the immortals do there in jiuchongtian.. Gossiping. :lol:

There was a line said by Feng Jiu when she was a hanky in the boat scene with Lian Song. She said something like, “I didn’t know men also like to gossip.” Hahhaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

They are a necessary evil, one is the catalyst for trouble as he assisted Miao Luo. The other is somebody who didn’t understand what love really meant and kept on loving the wrong person and the device which the author used to separate the lovers for 200 years. 

Dong Hua needed to learn some lessons and this is the way the author wanted him to learn unfortunately.

This is why I hate them :tears:, and I know it is necessary for them to be on the drama, but you see JH and NCY were also in mortal arc while in the book they were not and yeah they change the story.. It just I hope they toned down their screen time lol.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Also I am just wondering, because I remember that someone said in cdrama, the actors are using voice actors, is it for all Chinese dramas or only drama like ELOD, TMOPB? What about modern life drama? Do they use voice actors as well? 

Mainly for period dramas. Modern dramas i have heard actors own voices. Its also to standardise accents.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

Mainly for period dramas. Modern dramas i have heard actors own voices. Its also to standardise accents.

But in modern dramas, won't the actors also have their own accents? In the past I thought DH voice is really Vengo's. I thought not only he has sexy lips.. Also sexy voice :P

• LOL 3

For some of my all time favorite seens they have to be :

1. The fish incident: the second time Si Ming own hands prevented him from eating DJ s&s fish then blacking out ( the self struggle was killer) :joy: :joy::joy:

2. Si Ming the first time he ate the fish (bam he was a goner DJ's food truely toxic ). :joy:

3. FJ and her two first dates (without understanding the language I know what was going down):joy:

4. When DJ personally brought the chopstick for SM (that when I truely glimpse the mischievous  man hiding behind the enlightened one, I was not too surprised that he'd be attracted to FJ he saw another mischievous soul) :joy:

5. When SM claim to be enlightened and also eating the fish (distracting LS of FJ, thats true friendship):joy:

Just rounding up to 5 because if I continue........ there will be no end :love:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Miljenko1708 said:

Please can someone be kind and explain in details why donghua never saw FJ until Bai wedding? Im confused about all that shadow thing??? Thank you

after the mortal realm, FJ went back to QingQiu to recuperate, though, she did go to ChengYu house for drink, but there is still no chance for her to bump into DH at the heaven, just like the probability of seeing ur neighbor along ur way is so low. As for the shadow, she has asked XGC to bring part of her shadow to cast it where DH was, so that she could repay her kindness, shadow to shadow repayment, and this was after her return from TaiChen palace as a fox in Ep 9 (this part was replayed in Ep 49, on FJ shadow becoming Aranya).

Spoiler

In the novel, before breaking out from Dream of Aranya, DH called the Destiny Stone to check their fate together, the immortal explained that the shadows were supposed to be a lovely couple ending together, but with SuMoYe came in between them, their fate was twisted becoming the heart wrenching unfulfilled love, as such, the change also changes the fate between DH and FJ, they were able to meet thru the wedding so that they could continue the unfulfilled love. This destiny explanation was shown as ChongLin’s narrative in the last 2 episodes, and that is why all of us who read the novel were very disappointed about this important scene being cut out, unable to bring out the impact of their destiny on why they only met at the wedding. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have seen fans asking about the release of the Ancient War cut scenes. This is news to me so I digged around. It appears they did film our young Dong Hua fighting in a war besides his generals especially with Bai Yi, FJ's father. Wow, the scene must have been epic!

If shown, it should have been at the first episode when viewers were first introduced to DH. Starting from the Ancient War to reunite the world and then the battle with Miao Luo. Woah, why did they cut it though. DH in his top knot and war gear is super bad axx. 

20200313-084324.png20200313-084302.png

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I have seen fans asking about the release of the Ancient War cut scenes. This is news to me so I digged around. It appears they did film our young Dong Hua fighting in a war besides his generals especially with Bai Yi, FJ's father. Wow, the scene must have been epic!

If shown, it should have been at the first episode when viewers were first introduced to DH. Starting from the Ancient War to reunite the world and then the battle with Miao Luo. Woah, why did they cut it though. DH in his top knot and war gear is super bad axx. 

20200313-084324.png20200313-084302.png

Why? Why? The editor really have a knack to cut out all the interesting and poignant scene. Im getting headache with all the anger. 

Lets compile the list, scene would’ve rake in more rating

1. Ancient war

2. Destiny stone

3. Aranya confronting Qinghua

4. Consummation scene

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@Yori Ten

*Is there a new drama on them in Ancient War with the same cast? Not heard any news so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In the books DH was described as Emotionless Desireless Loveless deity The High and Almighty powerful an ancient God. In drama his character has tonned down into more considerate and certainly playful especially when he around FJ his love and LS his best friend. He sure smile a lots which was so adorablely cute.

In drama the time we only seen him Emotionless was when he fight with Miaoluo 

EP 49..

DH's expression here really fitted to his infamous character as Emotionless deity.

I was practically shuddered by DH expression he was so heartless so cruel didn't hesitate to explanation the truth to his own shadow ShenYe saying that Aranya cannot be revived or reincarnated no matter what.. because she's born out of shadow just like ShenYe himself.

His possessiveness toward Xiao Bai was really something he was even jealous of his own shadow.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

@Yori Ten @They Sick

Uh, I think that's Bai Zhi, FJ's grandpa.

Whenever I see these lovely and important details/scenes axed from the final cut, I feel like throttling the editing and post production team of ELOD. They most probably didn't read the book, they have lousy taste of what will hook the viewers, or they did not expect how closely this body of work will be scrutinized by the story fans.

So very much dismayed. If only they properly decided what scenes should be included and what are not important, it would have been one of the most perfect series to be seen. It's like rubbing salt to the wound when stills like this one surfaces.

***Sorry for the rant, hahaha. I used to work in product development, so I sometimes have that nitpicking tendency. :sweatingbullets: 

@Yori Ten Ahahaha, take your time :)

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zelnk said:

Yeah, dong hua in battle gear and leading a war (cold and so ruthless) would have given the series an explosive intro.

Yeah! They might show JH's father, the dragon, also fighting along with him and how he saved DH thus having DH owing him a favor too. That will make the story flows better during his scene with JH threatening him with her father's scale. So many missed opportunities!

• Like 7