[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Just got done with eps 49 and 50 as I had work last night... 

The end of the dream of aranya arc... Wow. The emotions!  I was all over the place! Devastated for CY and Aranya :bawling: 

Ecstatic over DJ and his protectiveness/jealousy over FJ (with his own shadow! And he knows CY is his own shadow too! :joy:

The closure/filler scenes with MS, XY and LS just talking was kinda meh. Didn't really add anything to the story or plot. Kinda liked the ending in the book of MS saying he was gonna turn gay when he found out "Jiuge" was actually Bai Fengjiu.... 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shane Tricia Facultad said:

Just got done with eps 49 and 50 as I had work last night... 

The end of the dream of aranya arc... Wow. The emotions!  I was all over the place! Devastated for CY and Aranya :bawling: 

Ecstatic over DJ and his protectiveness/jealousy over FJ (with his own shadow! And he knows CY is his own shadow too! :joy:

The closure/filler scenes with MS, XY and LS just talking was kinda meh. Didn't really add anything to the story or plot. Kinda liked the ending in the book of MS saying he was gonna turn gay when he found out "Jiuge" was actually Bai Fengjiu.... 

Not going to spoil it for you but there is reason why they did the closure scene between those 3. You will find out later.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, taekwang said:

If you can understand chinese

i laffed so hard at Mark Chao’s (ye Hua) action. And Yang mi (bai Qian) could Guess the answer.. damn funny

Has all the cast from TMOPB in here.. Super happy to see them :)

enjoy!!!!!

Ooohhhh! Loved this show! It was about an hour long, and was so funny! Wish it had eng subs though! 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Ninky said:

At first he believed it, then after she said did they meet at some matchmaking feast thing, he knew she was playing him.  You can see that subtle shift in his expression. That's why Vengo nailed this character.

Agreed..and that back hug from FJ..:love:

She's super cute..

This scene is my happy pill

Dongfeng'scuteness...after watched ShenYe gut wrenching scene.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Hmmmm....

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc0020098t20e9/b09323hktgg.html

Vengo's interview. Can't get over the fact that Vengo and Reba have worked together 8 times and there are still feelings of awkwardness during kiss scenes. He mentioned how the director already have a clear idea on how the kiss scenes were going to be filmed. From the movements, angles and even expressions. ((Whoa, this one too? Directors, we love you!!!)) The directors even acted out the scene for them (remember the rolling kiss scene) so they don't feel awkward. If they just roll with whatever the director requested, can you imagine the explosiveness??? :naughty:

• Like 7
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4

21 minutes ago, Shane Tricia Facultad said:

Ooohhhh! Loved this show! It was about an hour long, and was so funny! Wish it had eng subs though! 

Yes damn funny

esp the comical actions of some of the guys.. made me laffed out loud like crazy . Was watching in office during lunch

my colleagues tot I went mad

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

Hmmmm....

Vengo's interview. Can't get over the fact that Vengo and Reba have worked together 8 times and there are still feelings of awkwardness during kiss scenes. He mentioned how the director already have a clear idea on how the kiss scenes were going to be filmed. From the movements, angles and even expressions. ((Whoa, this one too? Directors, we love you!!!)) The directors even acted out the scene for them (remember the rolling kiss scene) so they don't feel awkward. If they just roll with whatever the director requested, can you imagine the explosiveness??? :naughty:

I think Reba is quite a shy girl to begin with in that sense. She is quite the Kuai Kuai girl. :D. She almost could not hold it together for the consummation scene. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Hmmmm....

Ooo thanks for the snippets of what was said during the interview. I was hoping somebody will sub it. He's appearing in more and more interviews he's very active. I hope to see Reba do the same as well. 

• Like 4

@Ninky yeah. That is the cute thing about DH. When it comes to FJ, there is no pretending. He does what he thinks and disregard everyone else. FJ is also good at making DH happy, she has learnt to offer to cook for him and instantly DH is all smiley.

JH is the classic side female character. On the surface she is all nice, but her actions have double meaning. 

I have said this many times, but I absolutely love FJ. Even when she was jealous, she was still mindful of other peoples needs and would not engage in spiteful behaviour to harm others. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think Reba is quite a shy girl to begin with in that sense. She is quite the Kuai Kuai girl. :D. She almost could not hold it together for the consummation scene. 

Yeah, saw some bts for sweet dreams her and denglun - there is some awkwardness :D also saw the kiss scene from flames daughter and yep it was s chaste one :D

But! She needs to step up a bit coz competition is fierce in their industry :D and the viewers like unchased kisses:D

she should have taken the opportunity for a passionate kiss with vengo since they are good friends :D and just laught it off afterwards!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

@Ninky yeah. That is the cute thing about DH. When it comes to FJ, there is no pretending. He does what he thinks and disregard everyone else. FJ is also good at making DH happy, she has learnt to offer to cook for him and instantly DH is all smiley.

JH is the classic side female character. On the surface she is all nice, but her actions have double meaning. 

I have said this many times, but I absolutely love FJ. Even when she was jealous, she was still mindful of other peoples needs and would not engage in spiteful behaviour to harm others. 

That's why I also love Feng Jiu so much. Strong, happy, loving and considerate of others. Can fight a good fight, can cook so well. That's why as Dong Hua puts it that morning after he stalked her at the restaurant, she has many friends. He's not wrong there, people feel drawn to her, like both XY and Meng Shao enjoy spending time with her as good friends ( I mean poor XY was on DH's hit list hahaha). 

Spoiler

Bai Qian totally ignored her son when she was in despair. Feng Jiu went ahead with a 3 year pregnancy and raised her son by herself for 197 years in the mortal world. That's why I admire her so much.

Even when she misunderstood Dong Hua and was heartbroken, she still kept the very reminder of him, a child that looks so much like him and raised him lovingly.

Spoiler

Ji Heng is a good for nothing. She basically nearly killed DH. That Qiu Shui poison is no joke. It slows down cultivation recovery making it 5 times slower. If you love someone, you would NEVER blackmail them. And that's the kind of thing DH hates,  being blackmailed. I love how he hauled her back to the demon realms by the collar and dropped her on the floor in front of her brother when he took her back there. I am most definitely sure she wasn't in his arms.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

@Donghuadijun The restaurant scene was very amusing except that JH as one of the guests was rude to the host FJ. She brought soup for DH, and she said in front of everybody that it's because DH may not be used to the food being served. Had she brought enough soup for everyone, it could be forgiven. But she was mannerless in that scene.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

I was looking for english novel of TMOPB, but found some DongFeng instead :heart: some were already posted here but some were new to me.

https://webnovelonline.com/chapter/three_lives_three_worlds_ten_miles_of_peach_blossoms/chapter-5

I’ve actually created an ePub of the English translation The Pillow Book that includes 18 Mini Special, which each has 10 mini sections.

I also have the English translation of TMOPB as well if you’re interested. Please PM your email address and I will send it to you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Both of them seem to be a good girl and good boy typed..Reba said she won't watch this drama with her parents because she herself felt this drama is mushy..that enough saying what kind of girl she is..a good girl.

Actually I think they're two peas in the pod:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

@Yori Ten ELOD is really a beautiful story, and the series adaptations is also very well done. Like you said though, there are great expectations due to the teasers released, moreso when it's something that was actually in the book. 

It was unfortunate that in the last few episodes, finale in particular, that the adaptation almost got ruined due to scenes not making the cut, as compared to what was actually shown. Hence, the backlash, from many viewers.

There's little room to play around in the last few episodes when the climax of the story is at its peak. It was fine to have some sort of closure for JH, a despised character, but it didn't have to be that long.

It was so good that there was a happy ending for DH's family; it was not, however, quite the perfect ending scene to cap the series due to so little time allotted for the three's reunion.  For anyone that was batting for this little family, that boat scene which can be as long as 30sec only would have been a welcome addition to see.

Hope Tencent production and editing teams learn from the reactions and feedbacks, given that they have ample time to review thoroughly the scenes for the final cut.

Except for a few gripes, I adore ELOD series as a whole. Many more will watch and love this story, and will read the book as well. :)

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Ladies (or hidden gentleman??) of Soompi ELOD fans!

May we present to you the latest addition to Tang Qi's epilogue (#6) of our beloved Pillow Book (of Samsara).

Source : @Yori Ten

Translation : @Ninky

婚宴

Wedding Reception

这事发生在凤九醒来后不久。

This matter happened shortly after Feng Jiu woke up.

司命找重霖打探事情。

Si Ming approached Zhong Lin to to make a discreet inquiry.

司命:重霖大人,听说帝君打算为凤九殿下补办婚宴?

Si Ming: Zhong Lin, I heard Di Jun is planning a make up wedding feast for Her Highness, Feng Jiu?

重霖:没错。

Zhong Lin: That's correct.

司命:还要连贺两百天?

Si Ming: And it will be two hundred days of continuous celebration?

重霖:没错。

Zhong Lin: That's correct.

司命:这是否有些夸张?四海八荒的众位仙者其实也并不是那么闲,能日日去赴他老人家的婚宴啊。

Si Ming: Isn't that a bit extreme? The immortals of the 4 Seas and Eight Realms don't actually have that much free time to attend that old man's wedding every day.

重霖:他老人家其实也不太在乎你们来不来。

Zhong Lin: The old man isn't actually that concerned about whether people will show up or not.

司命:?

Si Ming: ?

重霖:他只在乎这两百年来他花了心思准备的那两百套样式不同风格迥异的婚服,凤九殿下会不会一天一套穿给他看。

Zhong Lin: He only cares about the last 200 years of effort he had painstakingly spent on preparing the 200 different styles and flavour of wedding robes and whether Her Highness, Feng Jiu will wear a different one each day for him to admire.

司命:……

Si Ming: ...

重霖:我觉得殿下会的。

Zhong Lin: I feel that Her Highness will do it.

Si Ming:...

重霖:殿下傻傻的,帝君说洪荒时代,尊神成亲都是这样的,要连贺两百日,新娘还要换两百套婚服,她真信了。

Zhong Lin: Her Highness is so gullible, Di Jun said that in the era of Great Desolation (洪荒), marriage between the ancient gods were done this way; it must have 200 days of continuous celebration where the bride has to wear 200 different wedding robes. She truly believed him.

Si Ming: ...

司命:折颜上神也是洪荒神,就没去提醒一下凤九殿下,揭穿这个谎言?

Si Ming: High God Zhe Yan is also a God from the era of Great Desolation (洪荒), didn't he warn Her Highness, Feng Jiu of the truth and expose the lie?

重霖:没有。

Zhong Lin: He did not.

司命:这不太像是护短的折颜上神啊。

Si Ming: It is not like High God Zhe Yan to shield the truth.

重霖:嗯,大概因为折颜上神还指望着白真上神也能信了这个邪,成亲时也换两百套婚服给他看吧。

Zhong Lin: Yes, It must be because High God Zhe Yan is hoping that High God Bai Zhen will also believe this lie so when they get married, he will also wear 200 different wedding robes for him to admire. :tounge_xd::sweat_smile::heart:

Si Ming:....

重霖:现在你知道我们太晨宫近两百年最大的秘密了。

Zhong Lin: So now you know our Tai Chen Palace's biggest secret in the recent 200 years.

司命:?

Si Ming: ?

重霖拍了拍司命的肩:要是外面有关于这场婚宴不太好的解读,司命星君,我会找你谈心的。

司命:??????!!!!!!

Zhong Lin patting Si Ming on his shoulder: If anyone outside of Tai Chen Palace misinterprets what is really going on at the wedding reception, Star Lord Si Ming, I will have a heart-to-heart chat with you.

Si Ming: ?????????!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------

Translator's note @Ninky : Zhong Lin's last line is the gist of the joke. He doesn't want the realms to know the real truth behind the 200 day wedding and says it indirectly (不太好的解读). Which is why I phrased the translation this way, to try to invoke the same meaning. The joke is the way Zhong Lin says it. That is anyone outside of my palace misinterprets (as in actually knowing the truth), he will hold Si Ming responsible.

---------------------------------------

@Yori Ten feelings about this whole epilogue edition and the previous one is how Si Ming, being the walking gossip encyclopedia is so clueless, so not up to date with the happenings in the 9 heavens! He must update his reception. He is still using 2G service!!!

Omg.... really DH..200 days?.. isn't it a bit too much.

Well I totally can understand him.. showing off to the world.

just hoping he won't give a stink eyes at  every male guests eveytime they stare at his beautiful wife.

Bravo Zhonglin *big applause*

Thks for the goodies ..ladies:kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2