[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Hahhaahh i notice something. The women of Qing Qiu like to play leave home when hubby/lover makes them upset hahhaha. Good Luck Di Jun. Maybe he needs that extra room after all...

But if she leaves home, he can still have their marital room to himself! :joy:

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu said:

Tencent will look at ratings and demand to see if it can milk this drama like The Untamed. 

Does anyone know the rating comparison between ELOD and Untamed? I only watched Untamed from the Youtube and I didn't follow the premier from Tencent , so I don't know the actual rating. Was ELOD better than Untamed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

Petition for what? More steamy stuff that won't get to be acted out? :D

LOL, petition for Pillow Book 2.0 which is about DH FJ Family and more steamy scenes...:ph34r::wub:, it is okay if the actors won't act for it.. I'll let my imagination run wild.. :wub:

• Like 5

I liked it that after having a pre wedding night, Dong Hua and Feng Jiu spent as much time together. Even on their return from Aranya's Dream, Dong Hua share the same bed in order to make Feng Jiu feel safe after she regained consciousness. Almost like a "doctor on call". Then like soon to be married couple, they planned their home and plan the number of kids as well. They even spoke of the SOP in case of an argument. I think Dong Hua will like to have the two kids because the kids can played together while he will definitely "play" with their mother. After all, he said he got plenty of free time. 

I think it must be the first time Dong Hua oversee the decoration of his Palace so that his Empress will be comfortable. A great number of fresh flowers are brought in to brighten up the place.

Dong Hua was also so patient and waited for 13 days for her to complete her sword case and then rushed her into bed. His "compliment" for her work was her talent was beyond his expectation.

• Like 10
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

I liked it that after having a pre wedding night, Dong Hua and Feng Jiu spent as much time together. Even on their return from Aranya's Dream, Dong Hua share the same bed in order to make Feng Jiu feel safe after she regained consciousness. Almost like a "doctor on call". Then like soon to be married couple, they planned their home and plan the number of kids as well. They even spoke of the SOP in case of an argument. I think Dong Hua will like to have the two kids because the kids can played together while he will definitely "play" with their mother. After all, he said he got plenty of free time. 

I think it must be the first time Dong Hua oversee the decoration of his Palace so that his Empress will be comfortable. A great number of fresh flowers are brought in to brighten up the place.

Dong Hua was also so patient and waited for 13 days for her to complete her sword case and then rushed her into bed. His "compliment" for her work was her talent was beyond his expectation.

I need my man to step up and redecorate our house to my favorite colors/decorations/flowers. DHDJ setting impossible goals for my mere mortal man.:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

3 hours ago, ipohtown said:

Does anyone know the rating comparison between ELOD and Untamed? I only watched Untamed from the Youtube and I didn't follow the premier from Tencent , so I don't know the actual rating. Was ELOD better than Untamed?

I might be wrong, the untamed was 7billions views on Tencent but it brought a lot of money. Many people bought the vvip and others things proposed in the vip package. It was also well rated on especially in Douban 8,..(china biggest media rating) and others sites as Viki, MDL (9,..). They had fan meetings, concerts too.

ELoD has hit 6 billions last week but it's not well rated on Douban. Last time, I read it was 5,...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

I might be wrong, the untamed was 7billions views on Tencent but it brought a lot of money. Many people bought the vvip and others things proposed in the vip package. It was also well rated on especially in Douban 8,..(china biggest media rating) and others sites as Viki, MDL (9,..). They had fan meetings, concerts too.

ELoD has hit 6 billions last week but it's not well rated on Douban. Last time, I read it was 5,...

I saw a lot of the interviews for the cast. They said that they never thought that they had that big of a fan base from the novel. They all were pretty much unknown actors and just went for it. It showed in their performances and reflected in the ratings. 

I love ELOD, but I am not sure that all of the supporting cast just went for it in their acting skills. Additionally, the choppy editing did not help with the rating. 

As a side note, if you want a good modern drama that will make you think, then watch the Perfect Partner with Huang Xuan. The first 10 episodes may be a little annoying with the female lead (Tong Li Ya),  but it gets better just like The Untamed. It also has a seasoned cast with some interesting backstories for the characters. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

I saw a lot of the interviews for the cast. They said that they never thought that they had that big of a fan base from the novel. They all were pretty much unknown actors and just went for it. It showed in their performances and reflected in the ratings. 

I love ELOD, but I am not sure that all of the supporting cast just went for it in their acting skills. Additionally, the choppy editing did not help with the rating. 

As a side note, if you want a good modern drama that will make you think, then watch the Perfect Partner with Huang Xuan. The first 10 episodes may be a little annoying with the female lead (Tong Li Ya),  but it gets better just like The Untamed. It also has a seasoned cast with some interesting backstories for the characters. 

I'm on ep.48 of ELoD, I'm pretty satisfied with it for now (The wedding night wasn't as expected). I'm looking forward for the last episodes. As for the acting, I don't have a lot of critics. As for anything, there's always room for improvement.

I hope many people will come to love it as I love it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Current Douban rating for The Untamed is 7.9

ELOD statistics:

Views on Tencent: 6.3 billion

Douban: 6.3

IMDb: 8.5

Mydramalist: 8.9

Viki: 9.4

Good to know that their ratings is improving. I hope the views on tencent will improve too. So we can get additional things like special edition.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

Good to know that their ratings is improving. I hope the views on tencent will improve too. So we can get additional things like special edition.

Yes.. me too hope the rating will go up bit more. The ELOD Weibo seems explosive.. I’m surprised the rating not so high. 
I really hope ELOD get special editions too. :grin:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

What I picture everytime I see a BTS of silly Vengo. Start at the 1 hour mark and die of laughter.

Vengo should try doing comedy he'd be a natural.:joy:

Thanks to you I'm definitely going to rewatch the movie I don't remember that seen need to refresh my memory. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, rapo65 said:

:love: I need more! It is funny to see how come so many fans from all around the world have kind of same disappointment and all this disappointment have something to do with the steamy part. :lol:, I am sorry DH and FJ, your bed activities became our imagination.. Imagine if these two are real, I feel bad for them. It must be scary for them to stay over somewhere else for there might be some prying eyes everywhere! :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7