[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Good morning. I have authenticated the following:

This is the few chapters that Tanq Qi had posted several years ago for 三生三世 普提结 (Three Lives Three Worlds, Pu Ti Jie). Shaowan and Mo Yuan’s story. In here you will be able to see a young version Dong Hua and also a bit of Feng Jiu through Shao Wan, the protagonist of this story. 

There is another version around partially translated but I have spoken to another friend and this version is the one Chinese readers have been reading. Lian Song’s line about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu after the boating scene (He took hanky Feng Jiu with him playing chess with Lian Song on a boat)  “一个愿打,一个愿挨” is from here. LOL.

You will also be able to find out more about Feng Jiu’s 凤羽花 birthmark in here too. 缘份这个东西可真奇妙。

You can read it here:

https://www.kanunu8.com/book2/10886/index.html 

Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

This is a random question, but what feelings does Miao Luo, the demon queen, have towards DH?

Is it just animosity, or does she have small part of her that likes him?

No romantic love at all in the book. They are trying to imply otherwise in the show.

• Insightful 4

After weeks of silently following this thread I finally decided to open an account to discuss things with you guys, and it turns out I already made one 4 years ago but stupidly forgot about it :sweat_smile:

Anyway... I have so many things to say but don't know where to start. Random thoughts in no particular order:

1. Seriously, I wake up and the first thing I do is go to this thread and catch up on what I've missed over night lol.

2. To all the people who translated the snippets in English - thank you so, so much!

3. Anyone else disappointed that they didn't do the scene where DH was staring at FJ's sleeping fox form? Instead it's XY who got to see her fox side when she fled from DH. In general, I wished for ONE scene, be it before or after DH knew about everything, where she'd turn into her full fox form. The reaction from DH would have been awesome 

4. I don't know if this has been asked before but for the people who watched all raw episodes and understand chinese - I know they didn't include the scene where DH inquires about his fate with FJ but is there perhaps a scene where they talk about the significance of MY messing up A's and CY's fate and that his doing created one for DH and FJ? Or did they just not talk at all about this?

5. I love it when FJ plays with DH's hair. It's so endearing somehow.

6. Why oh why doesn't WeTV release all 8 episodes this week like they did in the beginning? Instead we have to wait until next week for the final 2 episodes aaargh! Like I'm so impatient but at the same time I also don't want everything to end.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

This is a random question, but what feelings does Miao Luo, the demon queen, have towards DH?

Is it just animosity, or does she have small part of her that likes him?

In the books ML was the purest evils a manifestation from Three worldly sins.

1) Discontentment

2) Greed

3) Anger

But somehow in drama they make ML as a Demoness Queen..

• Insightful 4

12 hours ago, Donghuadijun said:

Just hope she won't craving for sweet sour fish.. I don't want to imagine what would happen to her if DH insist to cook it for her.. 

actually she taught him how to cook it correctly already. Won’t poison people like it has for over 300,000 years. Hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, jimmylyne said:

In the books ML was the purest evils a manifestation from Three worldly sins.

1) Discontentment

2) Greed

3) Anger

But somehow in drama they make ML as a Demoness Queen..

Yes the real Demon Queen is actually his bff Shaowan, a golden phoenix. Tang Qi will get to that book after finishing Lotus Steps. ML is a “yao”, something of true evil. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

For myself, I truly enjoyed watching "Eternal Dream of Love". I chanced upon Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms in 2018 and really liked Dong Hua & Feng Jiu's relationship although that was unrequited in that drama so I have been waiting for their story to unfold since then. I must admit it is quite a wait knowing they had already filmed it way, way back. So I am a happy woman.

Feng Jiu is full of warmth and it is just the right recipe for Dong Hua's cold and lonely life. Although she is young but her principle as a monarch is quite similar to what Dong Hua's view his own identity as well. Of course, not knowing their past, he cannot figured out why Feng Jiu is so "angry" with him.

I congratulated Si Ming for drinking and spill the beans.

Aranya's Dream was a good place for him to make amends. Like Ye Hua, he took did it at the risk on his own well-being. Throughout their relationship, Dong Hua acted like a father and sometimes as a pampered child demanding his mother's attention. Feng Jiu also played the mothering hen as well as a damsel in distress too. They established a good ground for a relationship. I think they had it better than Ye Hua and Bai Qian. At least, Feng Jiu raising her son knowing that his father is still around.

I always loved when the female lead character can cook. Nice food always bring happiness.

I am still watching it until all the subs are up.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, LovelyLady said:

I think it was to hide her face when she was going to her seat.

Actually she is trying to avoid being seen by Dong Hua. So funny how when she decided to draw a line in the sand with him, she kept right on running into him everywhere in the 9 heavens. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

@Ninky I've been reading it twice already.

Which make me always scratched my head or frowning  trying to figure out what exactly it's meant.. Apparently Google translate was unreliable and its making my head hurts.

DH and SW are good friend . Fung Hung is her best friend and also her assistant.

Anyone who are good looking to her they  are homosexual namely Zhe Yan ,DH, Bai Zhi and Mo Yan.

The first time she met DH was when she training near the Blue Sea and DH saved her from Monster crocodile with just one blow?? 

My questions...Why she chasing a spirit?

DH protective over phoenix flower (something to do with FJ) the only and rare flower that can grooming at his place?? DH's place have a lots of rocks and swamps.

She becomes friend with DH and Mo Yan.

At one time her hair tangled and messy if it DH who was with her he would conjures a sissor to cut off her hair..but Mo Yan give her a hair tied instead??

DH older than her about 10,000yrs but I thinks more than that.( 30,000 yrs)

She was slightly younger than Zhe Yan

She older than Mo Yan by a few thousand (5000yrs)

Here's the link of TMOPB timeline of theirs age.

don't know if this accurate 

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2017/04/ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-timeline.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Which make me always scratched my head or frowning  trying to figure out what exactly it's meant.. Apparently Google translate was unreliable and its making my head hurts.

DH and SW are good friend . Fung Hung is her best friend and also her assistant.

I'll have to check with the other ladies regarding translation. The chapters are pretty long. But u can pm me as well. I can answer questions u may have.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Actually she is trying to avoid being seen by Dong Hua. So funny how when she decided to draw a line in the sand with him, she kept right on running into him everywhere in the 9 heavens. 

Yes,I should've been precise. That's why she wanted to hide herself, not to be seen by him. I guess that how fate works.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:
Spoiler

DH and SW are good frien. Fung Hung is cantonese, his name is Feng Xing (mandarin) (also he is like Zhong Lin to Dong Hua) is her best friend and also her assistant.

Anyone who are good looking to her they  are richard simmons**t namely Zhe Yan ,DH, Bai Zhi and Mo Yan.

The first time she met DH was when she training near the Blue Sea and DH saved her from Monster crocodile with just one blow?? 

She didn't want to be saved, hahah, she was mad at him for doing so. 

My questions...Why she chasing a spirit?

Oh this is their way to increase cultivation faster.

DH protective over phoenix flower (something to do with FJ) the only and rare flower that can grooming at his place?? DH's place have a lots of rocks and swamps. 

DH protected the flower that will eventually be symbolically on his wife's forehead. In Shao Wan's opinion, fate is interesting because this same flower eventually allowed Feng Jiu to be born (her mother had almost lost her in her womb until Zhe Yan turned that flower into a pill) and become her best friend's wife, over 300,000 years later. Also Feng Jiu and Shao Wan became close friends as well. They frequently spend time together, reading books or just talking. She actually laments that even people like Dong Hua can find a mate, yet she is still single. 

She becomes friend with DH and Mo Yan.

At one time her hair tangled and messy if it DH who was with her he would conjures a sissor to cut off her hair..but Mo Yan give her a hair tied instead??

DH older than her about 10,000yrs but I thinks more than that.

She older than Mo Yan  by a few thousands

She was slightly younger than Zhe Yan.

Here's the link of TMOPB timeline of theirs age.

don't know if this accurate 

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2017/04/ten-miles-of-peach-blossoms-timeline.html

Basically, all of those people are around the same age, give and take 10,000 - 20,000 difference which isn't much. They are just all OLD hahahha. I know the show presents Bai Zhi fox king as older but in reality, the Fox King and his wife still look like they are in their 20s. Kind of like Legolas and his father. They don't look a day over 25. The older immortals, they just don't age. Zhe Yan also looks young. The funny thing is Shao Wan said Zhe Yan has a lazy life, playing around until one day his "sleeve" broke (meaning he turned gay hahhaha he did marry Feng Jiu's fourth uncle after all).

See my bolded answers. Also currently reading chapter 1 and 2 of this manuscript twice over at the moment. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Good morning. I have authenticated the following:

This is the few chapters that Tanq Qi had posted several years ago for 三生三世 普提结 (Three Lives Three Worlds, Pu Ti Jie). Shaowan and Mo Yuan’s story. In here you will be able to see a young version Dong Hua and also a bit of Feng Jiu through Shao Wan, the protagonist of this story. 

There is another version around partially translated but I have spoken to another friend and this version is the one Chinese readers have been reading. Lian Song’s line about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu after the boating scene (He took hanky Feng Jiu with him playing chess with Lian Song on a boat)  “一个愿打,一个愿挨” is from here. LOL.

You will also be able to find out more about Feng Jiu’s 凤羽花 birthmark in here too. 缘份这个东西可真奇妙。

You can read it here:

https://www.kanunu8.com/book2/10886/index.html 

Enjoy!

I opened the link excitedly to read the goodies inside but saw only Chinese characters. I wasn't disappointed but instead I had a good laugh at myself. :joy: Saying this, I feel like I am DH in the scene where DongHua excitedly ran to Feng Jiu to have the soup she prepared for him. 

Can someone who can read Chinese please translate it?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, FloraImmortal said:

I opened the link excitedly to read the goodies inside but saw only Chinese characters. I wasn't disappointed but instead I had a good laugh at myself. :joy: Saying this, I feel like I am DH in the scene where DongHua excitedly ran to Feng Jiu to have the soup she prepared for him. 

Can someone who can read Chinese please translate it?

I will speak to the other ladies about translating. It's very long 4 chapters. @Yori Ten @SC2019  Let's discuss.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Zhe Yan also looks young. The funny thing is Shao Wan said Zhe Yan has a lazy life, playing around until one day his "sleeve" broke (meaning he turned gay hahhaha he did marry Feng Jiu's fourth uncle after all).

I guess ZY and BZ relationship is openly known to the characters in the book but implied on screen. I just want to comment that casting Baron as ZY fits better than the actor in TMOPB. Baron and his pink robe is so metro. Hahaha...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I guess ZY and BZ relationship is openly known to the characters in the book but implied on screen. I just want to comment that casting Baron as ZY fits better than the actor in TMOPB. Baron and his pink robe is so metro. Hahaha...

Agree that Baron is a better fit. Zhe Yan looks young. And frankly so does Bai Zhi and his children. The show casted them as older to help people understand those are the older generation, I guess. To be canonically correct in appearance, they should be looking like Legolas and King Thranduil. But the truth is they all don't look a day over 25, just like Dong Hua. Ancient magical beings like nine tailed foxes don't age and stay forever young looking. They have deeper cultivation, hence why they all retained their youthful appearance for eternity.

But other immortals can feel their "old" aura. It's different. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@NinkySo Fengjiu's birthmark has a link with Donghua? Where did you read it? I don't think there were an explanation in the pillow book. He saved the flower and Fengjiu's mom took it as pill when she was pregnant. That's all or there additional infos. I'm sorry if you already talked about it and I didn't pay attention. Thank you.

• Like 4

My dear beloved ELOD friends, may I request that all discussion regarding Lotus Steps and Bodhi Fate be placed behind a spoiler please. Those two books are WIP which I will eventually read once they are completed. I want to avoid all spoilers if possible. This will make my reading more exciting later. Thank you for your kind consideration. Love ya!!!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1