[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Ohmaygaaaaddttt

tenor.gif

I swear this drama will be the dead of me.. they really try to cater fans' demands as much as possible. 

@Sisca_TVXQ agree, i also want that uncut version, i don't mind paying though.. especially when they include better subtitles hahaha. But I'm still glad for wetv for providing subtitles faster this time, regardless the quality :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, memine said:

agree, i also want that uncut version, i don't mind paying though.. especially when they include better subtitles hahaha. But I'm still glad for wetv for providing subtitles faster this time, regardless the quality :sweatingbullets:

have they done that before, for other CDramas? Coz I know you can buy director's cut for K dramas...

@Marie Kay you mean at timing 18.03? He says "Xiao Bai, there is too much misunderstanding between us. Aranya's dream is a mysterious place. Your primordial spirit has just returned to your body and it's not stable. Whatever confusion surrounding your primordial spirit, there are just too many variables. And I can't resolve whatever doubts (knots in your heart) you have, once we leave this dream world, I will personally ensure that I resolve them."   (translation to the best to my ability LOL)

it's not that he can't return her to the ice coffin but FJ's soul has returned to her body and Aranya's body has dissolved. Sorry, my bad I realised you meant the one at 27 mins but I think Yori Ten has done a good job of explaining what he said already in the post below.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marie Kay said:

Can anyone translate  what DH is saying to himself (thinking) in ep 42 when it decided  not to put FJ back in the ice coffin? 

DH is basically thinking about the link between FJ and Aranya. Since FJ's soul went back to her own physical body and Aranya's soul has disappeared. FJ replaced Aranya in the dream but Aranya lived hundred of years ago while FJ was still in QingQiu. FJ never left QingQiu except for the time she went to the mortal realm during his trials. So, it's not possible for FJ to be in Fanyin Valley during Aranya's time. However, there seems to be a link between FJ and Aranya. So, if he can see Aranya's past and present life through the Miao Hua mirror, then he could find the answer to the connection.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, memine said:

Ohmaygaaaaddttt

tenor.gif

I swear this drama will be the dead of me.. they really try to cater fans' demands as much as possible. 

@Sisca_TVXQ agree, i also want that uncut version, i don't mind paying though.. especially when they include better subtitles hahaha. But I'm still glad for wetv for providing subtitles faster this time, regardless the quality :sweatingbullets:

Ha, yes! It's all money right? Give me your price and take my money!! :tounge_wink:

I haven't found any discrepancies with the plot flow atm so I wonder what did they cut out. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

have they done that before, for other CDramas? Coz I know you can buy director's cut for K dramas...

@Marie Kay you mean at timing 18.03? He says "Xiao Bai, there is too much misunderstanding between us. Aranya's dream is a mysterious place. Your primordial spirit has just returned to your body and it's not stable. Whatever confusion surrounding your primordial spirit, there are just too many variables. And I can't resolve whatever doubts (knots in your heart) you have, once we leave this dream world, I will personally ensure that I resolve them."   (translation to the best to my ability LOL)

it's not that he can't return her to the ice coffin but FJ's soul has returned to her body and Aranya's body has 

Thank you... can you clear up one more thing please .....its my understanding  that in ep 42 she now knows DH is XZ in the dream instead of continuing to be fooled. Is that correct? 

I hope so because  I hate that part in the book. She sleeps with DH thinking  he is someone else. That was just weird on so many levels.

Edited by Marie Kay
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Marie Kay said:

Thank you... can you clear up one more thing please .....its my understanding  that in ep 42 she now knows DH is ZY in the dream instead of continuing to be fooled. Is that correct? 

I hope so because  I hate that part in the book. She sleeps with DH thinking  he is someone else. That was just weird on so many levels.

Yes she now know Xize is DH in the dream. She will call him Dijun instead of Xize. 

I don't like that part of the book as well. It's like the entire story is about her live for DH and all those things she did for him out of love, then so fast she forget him and move on with someone else. I think the director probably thinks it doesn't make sense either. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Marie Kay said:

Thank you... can you clear up one more thing please .....its my understanding  that in ep 42 she now knows DH is ZY in the dream instead of continuing to be fooled. Is that correct? 

Yes, in this drama, they have made that change. Yet to see how that would unfold and affect the story line.
hhmm, if you feel that it is strange for her to fall for XiZe, that could explain why the drama has changed it; perhaps they don't want Reba's fans to complain and say that it isn't right for her to move her affections to someone else.

For me, in the story though, why she does so is because she is trying to let go of her feelings for DH. More so, as Su Moye is trying to nudge her to think that XiZe is similar to DH, so she can transfer her affections to him. In reality we know that he is just trying to manipulate her to fall for DH in disguise. But for FJ, she truly thinks that there is another man who now loves her, and she feels attracted to him because he possesses similar qualities to DH. Maybe modern day people would call this love on a rebound or you could also say that she is able to let go and move on....

Edited to reply to @Marie Kay DH IS shameless I guess because he really doesn't give a darn to what others think about him. He even has the cheek to tell Lian Song this...

Liansong sighed deeply and said, “Had you known this, you shouldn't have pretended to be Xize to deceive her in the dream.” He then quipped, “Didn't you feel jealous watching her and your version of Xize get close?”
Donghua frowned and said in seeming puzzlement, “Why should I feel jealous? I was just borrowing Xize's identity; I'm still me. Didn't she fall in love with me again because she'll never be able to love anyone else but me?”

So...that tells you this much about DH. I suppose his idea of ethics and morality are too far above us puny humans. hahahah

@haylyne probably out this Thursday/Friday depending what time zone you are in...

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Yes she now know Xize is DH in the dream. She will call him Dijun instead of Xize. 

I don't like that part of the book as well. It's like the entire story is about her live for DH and all those things she did for him out of love, then so fast she forget him and move on with someone else. I think the director probably thinks it doesn't make sense either. 

I also didn't quite get it the first time I read the book. But after re reading, I get it, although it still left me with a sour taste. The reason FJ accepted XZ is because of what SMY said to her. He said that the reason why FJ came to accept XZ is because XZ is the same type of men as DH. As because he is that type, then it is only natural that FJ develops an affection towards XZ. 

Anyway, I am glad they took this part out and rewrote the scenario. It is indeed much better this way. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Yes, in this drama, they have made that change. Yet to see how that would unfold and affect the story line.
hhmm, if you feel that it is strange for her to fall for XiZe, that could explain why the drama has changed it; perhaps they don't want Reba's fans to complain and say that it isn't right for her to move her affections to someone else.

For me, in the story though, why she does so is because she is trying to let go of her feelings for DH. More so, as Su Moye is trying to nudge her to think that XiZe is similar to DH, so she can transfer her affections to him. In reality we know that he is just trying to manipulate her to fall for DH in disguise. But for FJ, she truly thinks that there is another man who now loves her, and she feels attracted to him because he possesses similar qualities to DH. Maybe modern day people would call this love on a rebound or you could also say that she is able to let go and move on....

I get that but the weird part is mostly DH is sleeping her while pretending  to be someone else. She even says XZ name in bed:vicx:. He really is shameless. I prefer that drama version where its establish that she knows from that very beginning (no memory altered) that DH is the one to lost her virginity too.

• Like 6