[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

45 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Vengo: Actually, a lot of people hold back from expressing their love/ emotions, and miss out on a lot of things, do be brave to love…[this part I especially treasured, as it's kinda like Vengo's advice to us viewers....

His thoughtfulness is :heart:.

I was watching Vengo interviews last night.

He knows what he's lacking, shying away to see his past character roles because he himself could see where he lacks and works hard to improve himself. He loves his parents much.

He was conscious of his age :joy: He is 37 and would try to be a 'young hunk' as long as he can stretch it, "There is still a lot of time to be considered a middle age man.":joy: The actors that I can say I fell in love with (before I encountered cdrama) were George Clooney and Richard Geere. My age difference with these were like DH and FJ :joy:. I say with grace that he already have he'll be wonderful as time pass by. :heart:

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

I have been a silent reader for a very long time and I really enjoy your convos here and can't help to join as well :D, I really love your insights on this drama as well as the book and helps me to understand more about the story. 

Anyway am I the only one who dislike Yan Chiwu here? Lol. I don't hate him though because some of his characters are funny. It just I feel like he is a nuisance and he is the one who caused a lot of misunderstanding between Donghua and Fengjiu, if it wasn't because of him, Fengjiu probably won't thinking that Donghua loves Jiheng that much and cause her so much pain, yeah some of Donghua actions fed the doubts but it was Yan Chiwu who keep planting the doubt even deeper :unsure:. He was also the one who stole the Jade Lock and caused it lost into Mortal realm, and his love interest who lost her memory at that time helps Nie Chu Yin to get the Jade (even though it didn't succeed) which lead onto Miao Luo get the Jade, both Yan Chiwu and Jiheng are nothing good but just misery to others (well maybe I am a little bit harsh on Chiwu) but look even after Lian Song told everyone in Fanyin Valley don't let anyone know about DHFJ in the Aranya Dream, he with his big mouth told everyone in the demon realm :angry: and that led to Miaoluo know DHFJ whereabouts , I really think YCW and JH match each others (pain in the b##t couple) LOL . I also saw some scene DH spoon fed Jiheng, I need someone smack him at the back of the head too lol, even without romance intention why need to fed her as she is someone paralyzed? I know he take care of Jiheng because of her father but still one shouldn't do something unnecessary.. :( Sorry for the rant just need to let it out. Ha ha. 

Spoon fed Jiheng?..Damn..now I really want to kick him in the butt..:angry:

He give her medicine... i think....

I hope  it wasn't his precious red golden blood because that privilege is only belong to FJ.

• Like 1

I just finished the raws and there was so much to laugh and swoon over.

For those who’ve seen it—the chicken blood scene had me rolling :joy:

And the cave scene was soo fluffy! Lovebirds singing to each other and DH being a big baby hehe. 

@katfindlay @springfiry I thought Reba’s singing was fine actually. :sweatingbullets: During the Yueling flower scene, she was laying down and it’s really hard to sing when you’re in that position. Gravity doesn’t help lol. I believe it’s her real voice in both instances because in real life, unless she’s doing an intentionally “cutesy” voice, her voice is a bit deeper. I’m iffy on whether Vengo did his own singing or not. The lips didn’t seem to match the singing at some parts but maybe I’ll have to listen more closely when I rewatch. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Haha, feeling a little inspired today. Ok, after this I have to be good and get back to work:naughty:

here's what the BTS says (again feel free to correct the translations). I love hearing Vengo's perspective of DJ - it gives us insights into what he feels and thinks while playing the role.

DH is an arrogant person/ strong personality, someone who is detached from the world. I portray him as someone with godly airs and with subtle expressions. I recall there is a Chinese saying – the more one speaks, the worse it gets, the more befuddled it becomes (my rough translation), and this is what can be used to describe the relationship (connection) between DH with FJ. The both of them go through many misunderstandings.

On Song Xuan Ren: He will love, he will take the initiative to obtain/fight for something, he is very affectionate/warm, very possessive – I love you, no one else can have you. This kind of love culminates in a tragedy…

On ChenYe – He is persistent. To revive Aranya, he is willing to be in a dream-world for a few hundred years, moving through a cycle. He shoulders all the responsibility, and the emotions/burden that he carries is too heavy.

XiZe – When DH takes on the role of Xize, this enables him to easily look for Aranya.

Reba – Actually, DH as XiZe turns out to a blessing. The both of them, as spouses, get to be together (which is unexpected) and their love is nurtured

About DH – He has an innocent, aloof personality. The portrayal of his character is the most, in terms of development and variety (range?). In his interactions/ relationship with FJ, I feel that he is like an ‘old child’, he feels jealousy and is obvious about it. When you add all these three people/ personalities together, I truly feel then only does it portray the real DH. For thousands of years, he has never met someone ‘right’ for him. When he does meet that person and realises how much that person has done for him, he become totally devoted to her. [in the last battle where they are both trapped together while fighting MiaoLuo, I (DH) have no way to send her out of the force field, and am reluctant to do so but I have no other alternative.

Reba: He is able to play the different roles, portray different emotions and this enables us to experience different reactions/feelings.

Vengo: Actually, a lot of people hold back from expressing their love/ emotions, and miss out on a lot of things, do be brave to love…[this part I especially treasured, as it's kinda like Vengo's advice to us viewers....]

First of all thank you so much for the translation.

I always want to know the director and their thought about the character and story. But so far I don't really find that much with eng sub. 

I didn't really expect that they potraying/ describe Dong Hua that deep but totally loved it :heart: 

As for Vengo comment I was think he is person that show it really openly but I totally agree with what he said too (although I'm 360℃ the opposite type :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Em D said:

I just finished the raws and there was so much to laugh and swoon over.

For those who’ve seen it—the chicken blood scene had me rolling :joy:

And the cave scene was soo fluffy! Lovebirds singing to each other and DH being a big baby hehe. 

@katfindlay @springfiry I thought Reba’s singing was fine actually. :sweatingbullets: During the Yueling flower scene, she was laying down and it’s really hard to sing when you’re in that position. Gravity doesn’t help lol. I believe it’s her real voice in both instances because in real life, unless she’s doing an intentionally “cutesy” voice, her voice is a bit deeper. I’m iffy on whether Vengo did his own singing or not. The lips didn’t seem to match the singing at some parts but maybe I’ll have to listen more closely when I rewatch. 

Please don't tempt me to watch the raw :bawling: I'm planning to wait till eng sub is out but everyone has been tempting me with 'cave scene' 

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

66ladj9f69wxmrepvoutk7pai.gif

Can't wait to watch this episode. This should be when they are back to Jiuchongtian and before the bingcang. I went back to re-read that chapter in the book. This and just before the wedding should be the sweetest time! 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Suiren said:

Please don't tempt me to watch the raw :bawling: I'm planning to wait till eng sub is out but everyone has been tempting me with 'cave scene' 

Me too..i was also planning to watch till eng sub is out..

I already watched it (cut scene in the cave "sweets loving kiss")..it was posted here already..so it can't be help..:grin:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

I don't know anymore, my daughter always told me I'm colour blind but not the worst case. Maybe goes with the age. :lol::tears:

there are two angles of the garment, one appears dark blue but the later one is purple. Blame it on the light - it's ok, you are not colour blind. LOL

@Em D yes, the chicken blood scene was hilarious. There are few occasions when Su Moye is completely exasperated with her and can't believe what she can think of, this is one of those. The way he tells her to give it to him and the expression on his face is a gem. The other time he gets flabbergasted with her is when she runs away from her mother's birthday celebration, before she meets Xize....he can't believe she ditched him to attend the function on his own. Actually I find it quite funny to watch the drama's version of Su Moye as I don't get that from the book (in the book, I think he is suave, charming, serious, with his own agenda for finding out more about Aranya's death). In the drama though, Dylan Kuo is quite a laugh...

@Sannie I think she is making her bingchang sword case? And she forgets to eat....so DH feeds her...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Me too..i was also planning to watch till eng sub is out..

I already watched it (cut scene in the cave "sweets loving kiss")..it was posted here already..so it can't be help..:grin:

Yess me to watched the cut scene only but too tempting :bawling:

I wonder how come Yan Chiwu able back to demon kingdom and do the meeting. I thlugh vanyin only open 60 years only small gap only? :huh:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Suiren said:

I wonder how come Yan Chiwu able back to demon kingdom and do the meeting. I thlugh vanyin only open 60 years only small gap only? :huh:

PB book 1, page 183

Fanyin Valley was a very strange place. In order to keep out worldly toxins, only on winter solstice each year could a powerful deity use magic to open the valley's entrance. The gate would remain open for two months henceforth.

Lian Song has been in and out of that place a few times already :lol:

For other birds/foxes,/demons/deities who are not so powerful, they can only wait for the gate to open every 60 years.

Edited by orenji_neko
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, lovelygoddess said:

can someone help answer this? 

I thought i read somewhere in this post that there was the option for WETV vips to pay extra for extra episodes somewhere in the middle of the series??  like a VVIP ?? is that still happening or am I off on this?  Thanks!

VVIP option is for Tencent's website (China's viewer), not for WeTV

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

there are two angles of the garment, one appears dark blue but the later one is purple. Blame it on the light - it's ok, you are not colour blind. LOL

@Em D yes, the chicken blood scene was hilarious. There are few occasions when Su Moye is completely exasperated with her and can't believe what she can think of, this is one of those. The way he tells her to give it to him and the expression on his face is a gem. The other time he gets flabbergasted with her is when she runs away from her mother's birthday celebration, before she meets Xize....he can't believe she ditched him to attend the function on his own. Actually I find it quite funny to watch the drama's version of Su Moye as I don't get that from the book (in the book, I think he is suave, charming, serious, with his own agenda for finding out more about Aranya's death). In the drama though, Dylan Kuo is quite a laugh...

@Sannie I think she is making her bingchang sword case? And she forgets to eat....so DH feeds her...

The part that made me laugh out loud is when Su Moye disguised as DJ and after Changdi fell into the hole, they both keep covering their faces as they walk. It's so funny. 

• LOL 10

1 hour ago, lovelygoddess said:

can someone help answer this? 

I thought i read somewhere in this post that there was the option for WETV vips to pay extra for extra episodes somewhere in the middle of the series??  like a VVIP ?? is that still happening or am I off on this?  Thanks!

I was just about to post a question - does anyone have/know the VVIP schedule? I am curious to know when the last two episodes for VVIP will be aired.  Lovelygoddess - the VVIP started last week, thus Ep31-42 were released (available online, if you know where to look for it). Subscriptions is only for China viewers, so unless you are in China, I believe you can't access.

@Donghuadijun "And if I remember correctly, he also told Ye Qingti cut all ties with FJ even knowing he won't reconcile with FJ anymore" - Vengo said that DH is the culmination of all 3 personalities: DJ, Chen Ye and Song Xuan Ren....this is Song Xuan Ren, "only I can love her, no one else can".:sweatingbullets:  The DH we know is a child in terms of relationships (Vengo calls him an 'old child' or my words, a big baby) - he can fight battles, formulate strategies and conquer demons, but when it comes to love, he truly knows not. He only does what he thinks is right by himself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1