Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, springfiry said:


So JiHeng used the father’s dragon scale to threaten DHDJ.

 

JiHeng (while holding up the dragon scale): I want you to promise me that you will divorce your wife, and keep the DiHou position forever empty. Never marry again. But allow me to accompany you by your side .

 

One of the pictures show DHDJ calmly looking at her while saying that, he must be thinking who the hell does she think she is.

 

After all they did to toned down Ji Heng's wickedness, in the end she still gonna say those lines.

That f****** delusional b**** :rage:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    2817

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Ninky

    1272

  • Megan

    999

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

6 hours ago, FloraImmortal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 Guys, I came across this while I was randomly viewing videos on my homepage. I think that's the scene we are going to see during DH & FJ 's wedding. 


 

Let me translate parts of this video too, it basically shares the gist of how the next few episodes will play out as well as JiHeng’ ending.

 

Spoiler

When DHDJ and FJ entered, Aranya’s dream, their relationship got closer. When they attended the Girl’s festival, DH &FJ were very close and had a lot of sweet moments together. DH will "撒娇“ alot and FJ will also buy a stick candy for DH. 
 

However to continue the Aranya’s dream love storyline, she had to act like she like Shenye and though DHDJ understood it, it him very sad and jealous resulting him standing in the rain to think through his actions and what he has done wrongly.

 

Becaus of this misunderstanding , FJ came across DH when he was bathing and DH refused to let FJ go in that scene(Naughty DH, I suppose this leads to the scene we have been waiting for?!) . DH and FJ confess to each other and they know each other’s feelings. Soon after FJ was pregnant with BGG.

 

The 2 made arrangements to get married after getting out from Aranya’s dream, 

JH upon knowing about the wedding to take place, faked her Cold illness once more to get DH to cure her. When he got there, she used her fathers dragon scale to ask DH to stay single forever with her by his side. DH rejected her and also destroyed the father’s scale so it can never be brought up again.

 

JH was devastated but soon grew to accept XY and realise he is the best to her.
 

I summarised JH’s storyline to a one liner cause i wasn’t so interested. Lol. The narrator said more but that was the gist.Hope you all don’t mind cause I only have eyes for DH x FJ

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

 

That's the biggest mistake DH made. He shouldn't be going to JH on his wedding day. He should only to help her after he has gone through the ceremony.  By abandoning FJ on their wedding day to go save JH, he is blatantly telling FJ that JH is more mportant in his life than FJ. In FJ eyes, DH has always loved JH more. Hence I won't blame FJ for the misunderstanding and gave up on DH. Since DH don't love her at all, she might as well bring up their son alone and be gone from his sight rather than make him shoulder the responsibility. I don't think she did it out of anger towards DH ... perhaps more on the logic that since DH doesn't love her, why trap him in a loveless marriage and be responsible for the baby she is carrying. Her love for DH is too great to laden DH with that. 

 

I might be wrong in my analysis since I didn't read the book.

 

No he didn't leave on the wedding day. He left in the days leading up to the wedding day and FJ knew about it. Because YCW showed up and told both FJ and DH that JH was dying and FJ agreed that he should go. Due to a series of unfortunate events, he didn't make it back in time and the message that he sent to FJ explaining stuff also didn't make it to her.

 

Part of the problem with FJ is that she's still stuck with this idealistic view of love and relationships, and super romantic heroes on top of her insecurity. Maybe because she only knew about the "pretty" parts of her aunt and uncle's love story whom she idolized. DH was a square peg, she was trying to stick in a round hole. This was obvious in Aranya's dream where she was telling Su MoYe what she wanted from love and a lover and why DH broke her heart during the days he didn't even know she existed. Because that's what she thought she had been giving to DH, these grand "epic" love gestures. But DH didn't fall in love with her because of her all shenanigans. He was initially attracted to someone he thought was interesting and unique, that's it. He's not a romantic hero at all though he eventually got to the point where he could make those big romantic gestures.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, springfiry said:


So JiHeng used the father’s dragon scale to threaten DHDJ.

 

JiHeng (while holding up the dragon scale): I want you to promise me that you will divorce your wife, and keep the DiHou position forever empty. Never marry again. But allow me to accompany you by your side .

 

One of the pictures show DHDJ calmly looking at her while saying that, he must be thinking who the hell does she think she is.

 

This scene would be when DH said

 

" Your father would never have guessed you would use the crystal i gifted him to make such a request"

Although this  crystal represents my promise to him, it is still up to me what the promise shall be. I will save your life and cure the poison in your body. I'll then bring you back to the Demon clan and arrange  for you to live there in peace. That will be me repaying the debt of honour to your father. Give the crystal back to me. From now on ,your life and death no longer have anything to do with me. I don't want to see you again."

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pawla said:

@jimmylyne they should include this in the drama too. It will be very satisfying for us to hear DH say it to JH :naughty:

 

BTW, during our "draught season" I want to share this funny tweet. Enjoy. 

 

 

Some commented in YT that theyre more of Seshumaru x Rin. I love this 'couple' too :love:

  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, springfiry said:

Let me translate parts of this video too, it basically shares the gist of how the next few episodes will play out as well as JiHeng’ ending.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

When DHDJ and FJ entered, Aranya’s dream, their relationship got closer. When they attended the Girl’s festival, DH were very close and had a lot of sweet moments together. 
 

However to continue the Aranya’s dream storyline, she had to act like she like Shenye and though DHDJ understood it, it him very sad and jealous resulting him standing in the rain to think through his actions and what he has done wrongly.

 

Becaus of this misunderstanding , FJ came across DH when he was bathing and DH refused to let FJ go in that scene(Naughty DH, I suppose this leads to the scene we have been waiting for?!) . DH and FJ confess to each other and they know each other’s feelings. Soon after FJ was pregnant with BGG.

 

The 2 made arrangements to get married after getting out from Aranya’s dream, 

JH upon knowing about the wedding to take place, faked her Cold illness once more to get DH to cure her. When he got there, she used her fathers dragon scale to ask DH to stay single forever with her by his side. DH rejected her and also destroyed the father’s scale so it can never be brought up again.

 

JH was devastated but soon grew to accept XY and realise he is the best to her.
 

I summarised JH’s storyline to a one liner cause i wasn’t so interested. Lol. The narrator said more but that was the gist.Hope you all don’t mind cause I only have eyes for DH x FJ

 

I knew it ! Since they included Jiheng and Xiao yan's childhood story I have this feeling they will make her stay with XY at the end. Xiao yan deserved better :bawling:

 

The Honeymoon :love: Sooooo sweeet I'm getting diabetes :heart:

4y55u47wz20ta5cp0zhm4kbfw.gif

 

007gp-C6pgy1gc6m63wz5tg316a0myqvk-jpg.gi

 

2e0s8exekethtz8kppmawko47.gif

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lizax1 said:

Because that's what she thought she had been giving to DH, these grand "epic" love gestures. But DH didn't fall in love with her because of her all shenanigans. He was initially attracted to someone he thought was interesting and unique, that's it. He's not a romantic hero at all though he eventually got to the point where he could make those big romantic gestures.

Actually, we don't really have much insights into DH's thoughts as to why he falls in love with her. The only part where he expresses what he thinks of her was the part where he (as Xize told FJ) said ...... “Very beautiful,” .....“And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

 

What we do know is that while FJ has romantic notions/ expectations about the person who loves her, she reaches a point where she also realises that it was one-sided, those were her choices, and she had learnt that her actions need not necessarily result in her expectations...she was prepared to let go (mentally, but not emotionally)

 

Just before their consummation (and after DH as XiZe gets wet from walking in the rain because he got jealous watching FJ/Aranya show affection for ChenYe), we see that DH also feels regret for not treating her better despite her efforts to win him over....perhaps what Tang Qi wanted to tell us was, had he known, he too would have been moved by her actions. [haha, and this is the famous bath tub scene where you have all been saying DH is skinny and too fair]

 

She (FJ) pretended to unconsciously turn her back to Xize and said, “How can it be too late? I'll tell you an old story, you'll see that you'll need to learn from me.”


She cleared her throat and adopted a storyteller's voice: “Before you, I've once liked someone. I've told you before when we went to view Yueling flowers. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. To be by his side, I had disguised as a pet. At first, he was very good to me. But when he had a fiancée, things were somewhat different. His fiancée picked on me, his fiancée's pet also picked on me. And he had taken their side. But even when things came to that point, I was so in love with him that I didn't think I was too late.”


When she finished telling him the past, she was ruefully quiet for a while, then coughed and scolded Xize who was lying next to her: “Although it was unfortunate, it helped me learn many things. I went to look for you the moment you got jealous. I prepared a bath for you the moment you got drenched in the rain. How can you say it's too late, I...”


The rest of her words were swallowed back down her throat. Xize hugged her from behind and whispered to her, “He was a bastard.”

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone posted a link for sniptes of future episodes.

 

Im wondering what DH saw through that opened door? The next scene was him getting wet on the rain :( in the books DH just saw FJ and CY having conversion outside that made DH jealous. Wondering if CY got to embrace.. or kiss FJ? Maybe? 

 

Also I wonder if the the drama will show the first time Su Moye saw FJ (with her uncle). By that time Aranya was already dead. He knows they look alike. I wonder how he reacted. Maybe he gifted her that tea (the one FJ spilled with her 'date' with DH, and the one he served FJ in Aranya Dream? ) as a token of... remembrance (to Aranya)? He's one of the poor souls too :pensive:

  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I knew it ! Since they included Jiheng and Xiao yan's childhood story I have this feeling they will make her stay with XY at the end. Xiao deserved better :bawling:

Totally agree XY deserves someone better other then that beach JH she so delusional and mean. So she accepting XY as the rebound person is it. Tsk tsk tsk maybe the director and her make an agreement to change her storyline to have a happy ending which she doesn't deserve but I'm over her. Good luck to you XY for gaining yourself a witch all I care is my ultimate OTP as long as they the together with their son I'm so satisfied already. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Actually, we don't really have much insights into DH's thoughts as to why he falls in love with her. The only part where he expresses what he thinks of her was the part where he (as Xize told FJ) said ...... “Very beautiful,” .....“And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

 

What we do know is that while FJ has romantic notions/ expectations about the person who loves her, she reaches a point where she also realises that it was one-sided, those were her choices, and she had learnt that her actions need not necessarily result in her expectations...she was prepared to let go (mentally, but not emotionally)

 

Just before their consummation (and after DH as XiZe gets wet from walking in the rain because he got jealous watching FJ/Aranya show affection for ChenYe), we see that DH also feels regret for not treating her better despite her efforts to win him over....perhaps what Tang Qi wanted to tell us was, had he known, he too would have been moved by her actions. [haha, and this is the famous bath tub scene where you have all been saying DH is skinny and too fair]

 

She (FJ) pretended to unconsciously turn her back to Xize and said, “How can it be too late? I'll tell you an old story, you'll see that you'll need to learn from me.”


She cleared her throat and adopted a storyteller's voice: “Before you, I've once liked someone. I've told you before when we went to view Yueling flowers. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. To be by his side, I had disguised as a pet. At first, he was very good to me. But when he had a fiancée, things were somewhat different. His fiancée picked on me, his fiancée's pet also picked on me. And he had taken their side. But even when things came to that point, I was so in love with him that I didn't think I was too late.”


When she finished telling him the past, she was ruefully quiet for a while, then coughed and scolded Xize who was lying next to her: “Although it was unfortunate, it helped me learn many things. I went to look for you the moment you got jealous. I prepared a bath for you the moment you got drenched in the rain. How can you say it's too late, I...”


The rest of her words were swallowed back down her throat. Xize hugged her from behind and whispered to her, “He was a bastard.”

True, in the book, we cant really point out where DH has fallen to FJ.

 

Im glad in the drama they gave us DJ fallen in love starting point, the divan scene after ML leakage. DH line,

 

"There are always people trying to seek protection from me. Its the first time I met someone who wants to protect me instead."

 

:love: My heart flutters just typing it. Vengo so good in this scene. His low voice is so lovable Im in love :love:

  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a lots or huge alterations on DH's characteristics..toned down his intensity character.....in drama he was more considerate, warm, and certainly hopelessly romantic to the point it was so strange "in a good way" to see this new side of him.

 

While in the book's he was cold hearted , calm and emotionless (at least before he meet FJ)..which also make me felt an awe by his cold demeanour nonchalance , aloofness .

 

An excerpts of DH in the books 

 

Being the deity who stayed secluded in Tai chen palace meant he took little notice of anything beyond the changes of the seasons, the rise and fall of the moon and sun, or the fortunes and mishaps of creation.

 

The King wasn't much ot talker, but when he did talk , his words pierced away like a blade in his hand.

 

A deity with neither desire nor want..Desireless, emotionless, loveless. 

Had reached the single-minded state within the nine  mental abidings (inward,continuous, calm,near, harmonized, stillness, supreme stillness, single-mindedness, and mental equanimity).

It meant his heart has reached Ultimate Peace and no Turmoil may reach him. Once his mind is at peace,  it make no difference wether his good or evil. At the next equanimity stage ,he would have transcended into an entirely different existence. 

 

In the past the fairies didn't dare to harbour any feelings for Dijun. Because His Majesty was made of legends, they never thought he might one day marry a queen consort.

 

At the end ...ironically he "hopelessly fell in love with a young adult FJ" :heart: . Zhonglin's quote  ....."Who can really fight destiny?..

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Actually, we don't really have much insights into DH's thoughts as to why he falls in love with her. The only part where he expresses what he thinks of her was the part where he (as Xize told FJ) said ...... “Very beautiful,” .....“And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

 

What we do know is that while FJ has romantic notions/ expectations about the person who loves her, she reaches a point where she also realises that it was one-sided, those were her choices, and she had learnt that her actions need not necessarily result in her expectations...she was prepared to let go (mentally, but not emotionally)

 

Just before their consummation (and after DH as XiZe gets wet from walking in the rain because he got jealous watching FJ/Aranya show affection for ChenYe), we see that DH also feels regret for not treating her better despite her efforts to win him over....perhaps what Tang Qi wanted to tell us was, had he known, he too would have been moved by her actions. [haha, and this is the famous bath tub scene where you have all been saying DH is skinny and too fair]

 

She (FJ) pretended to unconsciously turn her back to Xize and said, “How can it be too late? I'll tell you an old story, you'll see that you'll need to learn from me.”


She cleared her throat and adopted a storyteller's voice: “Before you, I've once liked someone. I've told you before when we went to view Yueling flowers. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. To be by his side, I had disguised as a pet. At first, he was very good to me. But when he had a fiancée, things were somewhat different. His fiancée picked on me, his fiancée's pet also picked on me. And he had taken their side. But even when things came to that point, I was so in love with him that I didn't think I was too late.”


When she finished telling him the past, she was ruefully quiet for a while, then coughed and scolded Xize who was lying next to her: “Although it was unfortunate, it helped me learn many things. I went to look for you the moment you got jealous. I prepared a bath for you the moment you got drenched in the rain. How can you say it's too late, I...”


The rest of her words were swallowed back down her throat. Xize hugged her from behind and whispered to her, “He was a bastard.”

Totally agreed with Xixe(DH).. when he whispered " He was a bastard".:joy: LoL

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Also I wonder if the the drama will show the first time Su Moye saw FJ (with her uncle). By that time Aranya was already dead. He knows they look alike. I wonder how he reacted. Maybe he gifted her that tea (the one FJ spilled with her 'date' with DH, and the one he served FJ in Aranya Dream? ) as a token of... remembrance (to Aranya)? He's one of the poor souls too :pensive:

In book Aranya and Shen ye doesn't look like Fengjiu/Donghua. That's why no one know about the shadows ~

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@kdfan2014 Thanks for the video. I thought some of you might want to know what the director said, it's always nice to hear what he feels in producing the work. I am not proficient and had to use the dictionary to look up some words. For those who want to improve the translation, please feel free to do so. (I missed out a portion, the first time Reba and Vengo spoke because I thought it wasn't that insightful but feel free to translate)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the Director’s perspective, he said the book/story made him think a lot. From the time FJ was a baby fox till she went through all the tribulations/ hardships of loving DH. As for DH, it may not be that DH has developed/grown but how he has walked through each step from a deity/god to experiencing ‘humanity’ because of FJ.

 

The Director adds that DH in the mortal arc is an emperor and even though he feels great pain/internal conflict because of his love for FJ, he has to supress it for the greater good of the kingdom.

 

FJ returns from the mortal arc with injuries and she has decided to give up/ let it go…but then DH appears before her, behaves differently towards her and causes her to be confused. And then FJ enters Aranya’s realm

 

Reba: FJ is someone who has received much love, so she knows how to demonstrate/give love to others. Aranya however is different as she has never received love. So, she behaves in a polite, respectful and courteous manner towards others, except for ChenYe.

 

Vengo: ChenYe is someone who is persistent, obsessed, carrying a burden on his shoulders, to revive Aranya (?)

 

Director: DH as Xize will feel jealousy and do things that he would normally not do

 

Reba: Although she really loves this person, she won’t totally rely on this person, she will solve her own problems and figure it out on her own

 

Vengo: DH is an arrogant person. For thousands of years, he has never met someone ‘right’ for him. When he does meet that person and realises how much that person has done for him, he become totally devoted to her. To people he appears as having achieved a state of calmness and composure but actually inside, he is someone who is very warm/loving.

 

Director: Compliments Reba for being very committed and practices her lines very often. He says Vengo is also very dedicated and learns through time (and mistakes) how to play the mature role of DH, planning how to portray the emotions  to accurately depict DH

 

Director: We should also ponder/reflect about our emotions – what have I done, what have I obtained, what have I learned. After a long time, looking back at how you have coped with certain situations, and recollect on the words you have used (?), those are the times you will value/hold dear.  [this part needs more work as I couldn't quite get the context, someone help tidy the translation please]

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, haylyne said:

Yes they will show this scene, this will be the time when everyone will know DJ and FJ are married to each other already.

I was hoping to see yehua and bai qian. I need to catch up with the drama though I have finished the novel already. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...