[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

37 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

They should be giving the viewers juicy bts to raise interest and ship the leads :D other dramas i watch, they usually give sweet bts from the leads but for this...nada...zero... But its ok, atleast the bts are fuuny.

Apparently ELOD's Behind the scene crews not as good as TMOPB..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuefuu said:

The morning after consummation?  Hahaha where did you get this? 

PB official weibo.

1 hour ago, Donghuadijun said:

I think the only couple that the bed activities I am interested to and look forward, just Donghua and Fengjiu's... :lol::sweatingbullets: 

Don't worry you're not alone. Most of us here are eager and anxiously waiting for their consummation. We are a bunch of perverts, aren't we :joy:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 5
  • LOL 2

27 minutes ago, sssf said:

I am alittle confuse. Can someone help to clarify. In ep36, Chen Ye explained he wronged Aranya and driven her to die. How did this happen? CY recreated the dream to try to revive her. So in the dream, why can’t CY approach Aranya and express his feelings? Or try to woo her given he clearly loved her. 

well....in the book, Chen Ye is portrayed as not being aware of how deep his feelings of love for Aranya are until it is too late and he finds out that she is dead (when she goes to battle on behalf of her brother). This is what ChenYe felt after realising that Aranya was gone for good. "He had lost her so many times, but he was now comprehending for the first time what loss really meant as he watched her shadow disappear from his sight yet again..... Immense pain from deep inside cut through him, spreading inch by inch. It was belated despair. He had never tasted despair in his life. Had he known this earlier..."      Perhaps if at all ChenYe is to be faulted is that he never expressed his real feelings or affections for Aranya, leaving her to think that her affections for him were one-sided, and not allowing her to experience love. On his part, he always thought that he didn't have enough political power. And then she became XiZe's wife, so he thought that she would be better protected with that legal marital ties, than by being with him.

I don't think we can say that he caused her to die, what drove her to die in the end was perhaps her realisation that dying in war is more worthy than being made to commit suicide by her own mother. Her reason for going to battle was to protect her brother. Here are her thoughts on this matter...

"If there's anyone for me to miss in the palace, perhaps it's just my brother. He's a pushover. In truth, he has no ambition for the throne. This war with the Owl Clan is no accident. It's undoubtedly my mo… Lady Qinghua's ruse. She intends to use someone else's blade to permanently eliminate him. Being a kindhearted person, my brother won't be able to defend against the enemy. Once on the battlefield, he will never come back alive" ...."“If you (Xize) know my personality,” Aranya unhurriedly told him, “then you should know I wouldn't turn a blind eye and abandon my brother. I will go to the battlefield and change places with him."..... If I didn't come back from this trip, even if I died, I would be killed in battle in the name of my brother. Compared to Lady Qinghua's forcing me to commit suicide, this way of dying is much more meaningful."

Why can't ChenYe approach Aranya? The dreamworld is like the JiePou lamp in TMOPB. It's supposed to recreate Aranya's soul and in the end he attempts to do that (in the book anyway) but is thwarted by DH. Anyway, it's useless because Aranya is a part of FJ's shadow and you can't recreate a soul out of a shadow.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

4 minutes ago, pawla said:

PB official weibo.

Don't worry you're not alone. Most of us here are eager and anxiously waiting for their consummation. We are a bunch of perverts, aren't we :joy:

Hehehe i hope the scene wont disappoint :phew:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, springfiry said:

Here are more pictures!!!

Cannot wait for these scenes and the last picture of FJ in her wedding outfit is so pretty!!

I love how they show Fengiu and Donghua spending time with their son. I didn’t like how Bai Qian was mourning for Ye Hua for years and never spend any lost time with Ah Li.   I’m not sure about other moms but as a mom myself,  first think that came to my mind when watching TMPB’s ending, was “what about your child? He lost his father too!” 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

well....in the book, Chen Ye is portrayed as not being aware of how deep his feelings of love for Aranya are until it is too late and he finds out that she is dead (when she goes to battle on behalf of her brother). This is what ChenYe felt after realising that Aranya was gone for good. "He had lost her so many times, but he was now comprehending for the first time what loss really meant as he watched her shadow disappear from his sight yet again..... Immense pain from deep inside cut through him, spreading inch by inch. It was belated despair. He had never tasted despair in his life. Had he known this earlier..."      Perhaps if at all ChenYe is to be faulted is that he never expressed his real feelings or affections for Aranya, leaving her to think that her affections for him were one-sided, and not allowing her to experience love. On his part, he always thought that he didn't have enough political power. And then she became XiZe's wife, so he thought that she would be better protected with that legal marital ties, than by being with him.

I don't think we can say that he caused her to die, what drove her to die in the end was perhaps her realisation that dying in war is more worthy than being made to commit suicide by her own mother. Her reason for going to battle was to protect her brother. Here are her thoughts on this matter...

"If there's anyone for me to miss in the palace, perhaps it's just my brother. He's a pushover. In truth, he has no ambition for the throne. This war with the Owl Clan is no accident. It's undoubtedly my mo… Lady Qinghua's ruse. She intends to use someone else's blade to permanently eliminate him. Being a kindhearted person, my brother won't be able to defend against the enemy. Once on the battlefield, he will never come back alive" ...."“If you (Xize) know my personality,” Aranya unhurriedly told him, “then you should know I wouldn't turn a blind eye and abandon my brother. I will go to the battlefield and change places with him."..... If I didn't come back from this trip, even if I died, I would be killed in battle in the name of my brother. Compared to Lady Qinghua's forcing me to commit suicide, this way of dying is much more meaningful."

Why can't ChenYe approach Aranya? The dreamworld is like the JiePou lamp in TMOPB. It's supposed to recreate Aranya's soul and in the end he attempts to do that (in the book anyway) but is thwarted by DH. Anyway, it's useless because Aranya is a part of FJ's shadow and you can't recreate a soul out of a shadow.

Thank you for explaining. Now it makes sense. I saw some preview saying that DJ accidentally saw FJ hugged CY or DJ thought FJ have feelings for CY and he stood in the rain to wake himself up... what was that about? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sssf said:

I am alittle confuse. Can someone help to clarify. 1. In ep36, Chen Ye explained he wronged Aranya and driven her to die. How did this happen?

2. CY recreated the dream to try to revive her. So in the dream, why can’t CY approach Aranya and express his feelings? Or try to woo her given he clearly loved her. 

Coz CY is from DH, he inherited some of DH personality that caused FJ heartbreak :expressionless:

1. The things CY did were all for Aranya, but he did it tightly lid (coz he knows A's family is a threat to her own life), didn't say anything to Aranya thus the misunderstanding :expressionless:

CY wrote letter recommending how to sentence A to death coz 'she killed her father'. I think its the same as incinerating A's soul but CY has a chance to save her this way. A's mother let her read the letter (this was after CY and A had sweet moment) inside the prison, and you know whats next, misunderstanding. A choose to die the way CY 'wanted her to'  :bawling:.

2. I dont know about the drama but if you think about it, CY knows Aranya in the dream is not the 'alive Aranya'. There is nothing to confess to the illusion. Though when CY transfered A's soul pieces he takes care of the body which is FJ.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

25 minutes ago, sssf said:

Thank you for explaining. Now it makes sense. I saw some preview saying that DJ accidentally saw FJ hugged CY or DJ thought FJ have feelings for CY and he stood in the rain to wake himself up... what was that about? 

He was actually jealous, in the book he was thought he's too late in gaining her affection. He was thinking on how he could win her from CY. 

Regarding your first question about Chen Ye and Aranya, I think CY was blaming himself why Aranya did not have any will to live in the end. In the book he was the one who made the letter accusing Aranya of her father's murder and Aranya not knowing he did that because he made a deal with the queen (and that he had also arranged for Xize to rescue her). She thought that he hated her so much and that he was disgusted by her. This was the reason why she was so willing to go to battle on behalf of her brother. She felt like she has nothing to lose and no one loves her anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, sssf said:

haha that adds to the misunderstanding between FJ and DH. I kinda think it's a theme now, the theme of "misunderstanding" which Vengo actually said describes or connects the two leads throughout the 3 worlds. FJ as Aranya is forced to show affection to ChenYe as instructed by Su Moye (because the real Aranya actually liked Chen Ye). So, she says somethings to ChenYe that Xize/DH overhears. It's words of affection, in short. 

And DH gets jealous (the Song Xuan Ren in him), decides to clear his head by walking in the rain, and comes back totally drenched. In the book, he walks into Aranya's room and lies down next to her, soaking half the bed. Aranya asks him why he's there. This leads to her fixing a bath for him to ensure he doesn't catch a cold. Which ultimately leads to fireworks and sparks between the two and the need for purple yam the next morning....

[The humourous part of this story is that Cha Cha, Aranya's maid kinda predicted that Xize would get jealous and asked Aranya to go out to look for him in the rain. I think she did but didn't look for too long, also she didn't quite believe that XiZe would behave in that manner. The maid knows the hubby more than the wife]

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Zelnk said:

Or maybe they just avoid such bts to avoid rumors.. read somewhere, some reba fans are a bit sensitive about her leading men.

Yes.. maybe. 

Her fanatics fan would surely throwing a tantrum.

But at least indulged us a loyal fan of ELOD with some funny BTS not necessarily a lovey dovey one..just to show us their wonderful  chemistry.. their wonderful friendship.(They've said they know each other well)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Yes.. maybe. 

Her fanatics fan would surely throwing a tantrum.

But at least indulged us a loyal fan of ELOD with some funny BTS not necessarily a lovey dovey one..just to show us their wonderful  chemistry.. their wonderful friendship.(They've said they know each other well)

As much as I hope to see a lot of BTS and sweet interactions between our DongFeng couple, the delusional fans (who ships Reba with different ppl) always get in the way. Reba fans can be over protective and rabid at times and I kinda feel bad for the girl. Reading her fans comments on weibo can really put one in a downer. So, I am happy to at least see some BTS. Sigh...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pvang02 said:

I love how they show Fengiu and Donghua spending time with their son. I didn’t like how Bai Qian was mourning for Ye Hua for years and never spend any lost time with Ah Li.   I’m not sure about other moms but as a mom myself,  first think that came to my mind when watching TMPB’s ending, was “what about your child? He lost his father too!” 

She abandoned A Li twice. Not when she jumped off, that was necessary so she can go back to her original self. But when she drank that potion to forget YH, she is aware that not only YH, she will also forget A Li who was only a newborn that time.  After YH died, she travelled first rather than at least visit A Li. Doesn't matter if she was banned or something by the Celestial tribe.

Though I get people react differently when in grief, BQ is so detached with A Li when it really mattered. Didn't cross her mind at all that there's A Li, a living memento of YH, who needs her now more than ever.

FJ, despite being alone, with her family not knowing where she was in the mortal realm, went ahead with her pregnancy even if Zhe Yan sent her abortifacients. IMO Zhe Yan sent those to give FJ the choice should she find it necessary to do that to help her be fully over DH. FJ might still be a baby herself; she is, however, a grown up on how she rationalised things. That's her difference from BQ, and why I like her more, too - FJ cuts the ties if she must, but she will not abandon nor decimate those who didn't have anything to do with it.

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, Fuefuu said:

He was actually jealous, in the book he was thought he's too late in gaining her affection. He was thinking on how he could win her from CY. 

Regarding your first question about Chen Ye and Aranya, I think CY was blaming himself why Aranya did not have any will to live in the end. In the book he was the one who made the letter accusing Aranya of her father's murder and Aranya not knowing he did that because he made a deal with the queen (and that he had also arranged for Xize to rescue her). She thought that he hated her so much and that he was disgusted by her. This was the reason why she was so willing to go to battle on behalf of her brother. She felt like she has nothing to lose and no one loves her anyway.

I felt my heart breaking reading the part on CY taking care of his garden while Aranya is fighting in battle. TQ wrote it such that it pulls at your heart strings. I was like, come on TQ, do you really need to do that to us readers? We know Aranya is dying and you have this oblivious CY gardening...I cried so badly!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

33 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

[The humourous part of this story is that Cha Cha, Aranya's maid kinda predicted that Xize would get jealous and asked Aranya to go out to look for him in the rain. I think she did but didn't look for too long, also she didn't quite believe that XiZe would behave in that manner. The maid knows the hubby more than the wife]

Cha Cha is US!! Haha, that's exactly how we feel about DongFeng. Of course she will fangirl Aranya and Xize but hey, we can see ourselves in her!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

38 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

haha that adds to the misunderstanding between FJ and DH. I kinda think it's a theme now, the theme of "misunderstanding" which Vengo actually said describes or connects the two leads throughout the 3 worlds. FJ as Aranya is forced to show affection to ChenYe as instructed by Su Moye (because the real Aranya actually liked Chen Ye). So, she says somethings to ChenYe that Xize/DH overhears. It's words of affection, in short. 

And DH gets jealous (the Song Xuan Ren in him), decides to clear his head by walking in the rain, and comes back totally drenched. In the book, he walks into Aranya's room and lies down next to her, soaking half the bed. Aranya asks him why he's there. This leads to her fixing a bath for him to ensure he doesn't catch a cold. Which ultimately leads to fireworks and sparks between the two and the need for purple yam the next morning....

Ikr.. just another prove FJ was so innocent and naive ( at least in the books) she have zero experience with how to deal with a man..she should read a bit of romantic novel/erotica that was given by her Aunt to read, which she didn't because she thought DH would prefer "chaste and pure/innocent woman"

FJ in books a bit different from FJ in drama version...which remind me ..urgh!... Song Xuanren had that honor.. being her first kiss).

• LOL 6