[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

sugarplum892

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jeijei said:

Guan Chao is so pretty. :c The actor is so comfortable playing him, my goodness. 

Ikr?!? He is effortlessly playing it with right mix of seriousness and playfulness. I need to hunt this actor down and see what other works he has done. Hehe

9 hours ago, jadore1 said:

So what you are saying is that you can totally relate to all the girls smiling at him LOL.... I think that was the episode that I gave him my :heart: and re watching i am totally in agreement with you "Guan Chao  J'Adore 100%" 

You are so late, my heart was with him way back when he said "my sister is my bottom line"  That there is the moment I fell in love with him. 

:love: Who else but our green horn Yan Mo who would confess to Qiao Yi by saying, "But you're not an outsider!" and then shyly ran off. :P

Aiyoh! (Chinese expression  similiar to Aigoo in Korean.) This grandma was giggling like crazy that her daughter asked her if she's now hooked onto Cdramas. My Chinese has improved a lot since then.:D

Also giggling like a teenager when stoic YM showed his dimply laughter when QY addressed his mum as "mum". I was floored by it as it was the 1st time he'd really laughed!:P

I'm really loving every minute and character of this drama. Oh DRAMA! What have you done to me? :wub:

Watching the opening credits, I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for all upcoming WuYi/Guan chao moments. There seems to be plenty of it. And I can't wait to see my boy to be in love and do all those swoony things. Arghhhhhhhh:heart:

Ok now they are watching Reply 1988 and it's even a Jung Hwan scene. I give up. Kill me now. 

Edit: Did Guan Chao gave up on becoming a military pilot (I'm sure this is not the right term)??? Why though?? I actually did get confused because of one scene in the opening credits where it looked like he was wearing a doctor's white coat. But I forgot about that and started fantasizing him in these military uniforms. LOL. Sigh. 

I finally finished the last two episodes and boy was I disappointed with everyone who stood by and watched that arrogant worthless classmate ridicule and make a mockery of that father’s earnest profession. It was an awful awful scene to see a hardworking man bring a box of full of noodle lunches to a classroom and not only was his labor wasted, he was disrespected, derided and uncompensated by these morons. To me the only person I could respect in this scene was the teacher who basically called out the loser for being a loser. Everybody else disappointed me. For me this was the most profound scene of that episode followed by QY’s talk with her dad. 

58 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I finally finished the last two episodes and boy was I disappointed with everyone who stood by and watched that arrogant worthless classmate ridicule and make a mockery of that father’s earnest profession. It was an awful awful scene to see a hardworking man bring a box of full of noodle lunches to a classroom and not only was his labor wasted, he was disrespected, derided and uncompensated by these morons. To me the only person I could respect in this scene was the teacher who basically called out the loser for being a loser. Everybody else disappointed me. For me this was the most profound scene of that episode followed by QY’s talk with her dad. 

@celebrianna I am sorry i was busy giving my heart to Guan Chao to comment, but in reality i was delaying my comments because my tummy did not like the angst of that episode , but i wanted to say Class = no class and Mates = no mates ...we can call something million times but if the actions do not match &%&#$    Your spot on description " It was an awful awful scene to see a hardworking man bring a box of full of noodle lunches to a classroom and not only was his labor wasted, he was disrespected, derided and uncompensated by these morons.Everybody else disappointed me"    I felt like crying and i hoped that the Goddess would shove the whole box in his face.    

Yep that scene in ep 12 where all kids watched when the arrogant bastard ridiculed the new girl's father was so hard to watch. One would think that school is the place where equality is profound. Once you step out of the school and enter the real world, you would start being conscious of all the disparities between people in terms of wealth, status and so on...But when you are in school, you don't even think much about how rich or poor your friends are. Everyone wears the same uniform, studies the same books and are treated equally. Actually in my school, we even ought to wear same kind of shoes and socks to school. And all kinds of expensive jewelry or accessories or strictly prohibited from wearing. Seeing Qiao Yi feeling down for not having that expensive pair of shoes or the goddess getting mocked for coming from a poor family is all making me worried high time. Luckily for Qiao Yi, she has her brother who could buy her the shoes she wanted, but not all kids have that kind of fortune. Sighhh. And I want to believe that this is not how all the kids behave these days, not standing up for what they feel is wrong. Or worse they don't even know that it is wrong.....

4 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Fei Dachuan our big teddy bear ,  I love you too 

One of my favorite episodes is still the one where we really get to know Da Chuan.  I just loved how everyone had their assumptions as to the kind of person he'd be, based on his looks and his heavy handed ways, but as it turned out, he was actually the sweetheart who saved the abandoned kittens.  Da Chuan is always a constant surprise, like the way he took to being a safety patrol monitor!  I really like his character a lot too.  :D  

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Yep that scene in ep 12 where all kids watched when the arrogant bastard ridiculed the new girl's father was so hard to watch. One would think that school is the place where equality is profound. Once you step out of the school and enter the real world, you would start being conscious of all the disparities between people in terms of wealth, status and so on...But when you are in school, you don't even think much about how rich or poor your friends are. Everyone wears the same uniform, studies the same books and are treated equally. Actually in my school, we even ought to wear same kind of shoes and socks to school. And all kinds of expensive jewelry or accessories or strictly prohibited from wearing. Seeing Qiao Yi feeling down for not having that expensive pair of shoes or the goddess getting mocked for coming from a poor family is all making me worried high time. Luckily for Qiao Yi, she has her brother who could buy her the shoes she wanted, but not all kids have that kind of fortune. Sighhh. And I want to believe that this is not how all the kids behave these days, not standing up for what they feel is wrong. Or worse they don't even know that it is wrong.....

Which is why I find this gem of a drama very realistic and relatable!:wub:

As a retired teacher who taught for 39years, I can find all the characters here in my teaching career. :lol:

And those so called bullies characters are actually redeemable later on.:D

Ep 12 has me viewing and reviewing ... Full Marks 100% to the Teacher :star: " Don't bring bad practices into the school     ...Listen carefully, if you have inferior virtues no matter how good college you go to , you'll graduate as a looser".... throughout the last 12 episodes he has been extremely present and influential in our young students' lives .. a truly salt of the earth man just like our  Ba   " If we can only be silent good person, that would be a convenience to  bad people

Just as a matter of curiosity , in Chinese is it Pa and Ma or did they Anglicize it   ..ie tata,  pa, father , pop, dad ?

Kids can be cruel, and I empathize with QY's dilemma.  She knows what the other kids are doing is wrong, but it's also hard finding that inner strength to stand up and help the other girl in the face of so much opposition (and possibly mark herself as a target as well).  I think we'd all like to think that we would've been the person who would stand up against the bullies, but speaking personally and realistically, I would've been sitting in my seat fretting over the situation just like QY.  This is why I love this drama as much as do.  Even though Episode 12 might have been hard to watch (and it was probably the hardest part of the book to read too), it's very real.  I was glad the teacher stepped in when he did to scold the classroom and QY's conversation with her stepfather was great too.  Neither of those scenes were in the book.  Instead (for those curious), in the book . . . 

Spoiler

The teacher came in and said to both the bullying student and Female Goddess, "Final examinations are nearing, so don't try to create any trouble."  As a result, the Female Goddess poured the soup onto the boy's face and smashed the bowl onto the floor.  She then stormed out of the classroom and said, "Fine.  Worst comes to worst, I won't sit for the exam."  After that, she was never heard from again until many years later when Qiao Yi ran into her at a mutual acquaintance's party.  The Female Goddess told her that she'd changed her name and was working as a host on an Internet program.  She insisted on treating Qiao Yi to a meal for having helped her father in the past, but Qiao Yi described herself as feeling uncomfortable throughout that meal as she felt that she was an accomplice along with her classmates.  The Female Goddess told her that she later sat for the exam as a private candidate and won a beauty contest, which allowed her to come to Beijing.  She also shared that the bullying student had eventually reached out to her over some online social network and apologized to her, but he'd also tried to justify his actions by saying he couldn't bear to see others being kept in the dark by her lies (doesn't sound like much of an apology, if you ask me).  

Qiao Yi shares a few more anecdotes about the Female Goddess, including one where she participated in a web drama and received a lot of backlash for her acting.  Female Goddess reacted by putting her head down and working harder until she later told Qiao Yi that she had decided to do a post-graduate degree at the Beijing Film Academy.  The basic gist to the character of this Female Goddess is that she's a hard worker.  As Qiao Yi states, "When people insulted Female Goddess by calling her uncultured, she chose not to stand up for herself.  Instead, she chose to silently remember the insults that were flung at her.  Some people have a habit of claiming that they put in 70% effort when in actuality, they hadn't put in a single ounce of effort.  Conversely, there were others who would modestly claim that they only put in 30% effort despite having put in 70% effort, and would eventually put in their full 100% effort.  Female Goddess belonged to the latter category."  Qiao Yi concludes the Female Goddess's part in her story by observing that "whenever Female Goddess bid others good-bye and left, she never ever turned back.  She simply trooped ahead and waved her hands high in the air without turning back.  Female Goddess is always moving forward, and she never ever looks back."

7 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Just as a matter of curiosity , in Chinese is it Pa and Ma or did they Anglicize it   ..ie tata,  pa, father , pop, dad ?

父亲 (fuqin)/爸爸 (baba) is father and 母亲 (muqin)/妈妈 (mama) is mother in Chinese, but we might refer to our parents colloquially as 爸 (ba) and 妈 (ma), which would be similar to referring to them as "pa," "dad," "ma," "mom."  

Generally the Chinese are more

apathetic in nature. Being a Chinese myself I understand how QY felt and why the others also didn't react. However where were Dachuan and QY's bro?  :D

I dont know where you viewers come from. B) Probably we're too used to watching recent Kdramas whereby the girls are super sassy. :)

As a teacher myself, my students (mostly Chinese) would react similiarly as the drama depicted. Someone would run to report to me.:o

To me this scene and many others are very relatable and realistic. 

Which is why I love this drama to bits!:wub:

A HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO EVERY MOTHER HERE!:blush:

15 hours ago, themarchioness said:

父亲 (fuqin)/爸爸 (baba) is father and 母亲 (muqin)/妈妈 (mama) is mother in Chinese, but we might refer to our parents colloquially as 爸 (ba) and 妈 (ma), which would be similar to referring to them as "pa," "dad," "ma," "mom."  

Thank you @themarchioness there are so many times that i think to myself it's never too late to learn Chinese LOL  .  I will go back to my posting and change Pa to Ba .  

Thank you for the Hidden Content , i too was curious . 

@gladys57 I never expected QY to speak up for the goddess during that incident. It's just not in her character to just swoop in and be a hero. She has always been a shy soft spoken girl, I can't even hear her voice tbh. Only in the present timeline where she is giving the interview, her voice can be clearly heard, in the high school timeline she only like whispers all the time unless she is fighting with her bro. LOL. Anyways yeah, I guess you can say that bullying is very much a real issue, that is why from the Meteor Garden era we are constantly seeing this trope being used in many of the dramas. So it's not something new for the dramaland. I don't see any difference between Shan Cai and Goddess, they both are tough nuts. Haha. In this drama though, they conveniently left off all the other main characters from that scene who would've definitely raised a voice against that bully. Even Wu Yi, was not there, right?? LOL

Archived