Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

50 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

when they had their arguments and yan mo 

Reveal hidden contents

Shouted PIG!!!

I was laughing so hard lol

One of my favorite scenes too!  So childish but so hilarious. :lol:  I love that she can get a rise out of him even though he's trying so hard to be cold/distant. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

LOL     QY and YM are the same when it comes to  alcoholic beverages ...she wants to be his sandwich awwwww LOL 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Tsundere and Cold YM is the death of me!:D His expressions are to die for! He and QY are a match made in heaven indeed! I'm now a fan of Zhang Yu Jian!:wub:

I love our OTP's interraction during high school days but I'm loving their presnt days moment more and more. That "pig" moment is priceless indeed! Only the now more outspoken QY can force the tsundere YM to react in such a way. :P

So now YM is going to realise that his quiet and demure QY has changed. I simply love their cute confrontations! There's so much cuteness overload!:wub:

The scriptwriter is doing an awesome job as I'm loving every minute and conversation of this GEM of a drama. Every episode is getting better and better and the whole cast is doing an awesome job!:love:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I haven’t finished episode 14 yet but did anybody manage to keep a dry eye throughout episodes 13 and 14? They were very good episodes but they were a sob-fest for me. Whether it’s the scene when QY opened her parents’ bank book and was hit with the impact of the reality of their financial situation or when GC gave QY his bank book for her to use his hard earned money, or when WY calmly, amiably and sadly confronted GC about his lack of feelings for her or when QY treated YM so terribly (she should have at least been honest about her father’s accident) or when YM was ignoring her but couldn’t quite do it but turned around and gave her his umbrella or when mom was hungrily eating QY’s leftovers and so many more including when QY first warmed up to stepdad. This show is very enjoyable to me in the right ways. By the way, the siblings are heartbreakers to WY and YM. I hope they will do better in the future.

• Like 5

@celebrianna, love all the moments you highlighted.  So heart felt.  It's moments like those that make this drama such a gem of a show to watch.  (I'd probably have cried except I just don't cry over dramas anymore.  It now takes a lot for me to cry... :lol:)

@gladys57, I am also in love with the Zhang Yu Jian's expressions -- especially those deadpan ones.  His acting in this drama really makes me want to check out some of his other works so I can properly differentiate between those mannerisms that are just him and those that he's affecting to play this role of YM.  Whether they're him or his acting skills, either way, I think he's perfect as YM!  I spent my morning commute reliving that whole scene where he interrupts QY's blind date in my head, and I'm sure I looked like a crazy loon to others with the way I was chuckling to myself on the street.  But seriously!  I laugh when I think about how he "smiled" when he realized QY was there in WY's stead, how he mischievously let out the secret by telling the other guy she was once pregnant and abused by her husband, and then the way he says, "Oh!  Wu Yi's a writer!"  I was doubled over from laughter by the time they reached that point where QY was flailing over the place trying to explain and make things right, while the other guy was obviously upset, and YM just says in the calmest of ways while drinking his water (something along the lines of), "Don't panic.  Just keep lying."  Hahaha!  And of course, there's that final brilliant moment where QY asks him if he's satisfied and he says not until the door slams, and then it does, and so he stands up at last and says, "Now I'm satisfied."  Oh, YM.  You really are something else!  

I also feel like the show gets better with each episode and can't wait to go home and watch more!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@themarchioness, the show is indeed a gem. I enjoyed the scene you mentioned with the blind date. The suspense must have been suffocating Yan Mo so he had to go back up to the second floor to find out what was happening. It’s amusing to me because one moment he acts like he doesn’t want to know or maybe acts like he doesn’t care but he couldn’t help himself after seeing QY with the guy. :lol:

There are so many small moments that pack a punch. Another favorite of mines is mom sneaking into QY’s room when she’s sleeping and packs her suitcase even after openly disapproving QY’s decision to quit her job to move to Beijing to pursue Yan Mo. And the scene afterwards is priceless when mom is crying over missing QY and dad absentmindedly pulls out his liquor. :sweatingbullets: That scene went perfectly from tears to laughter. One moment I’m all tears and then the next the bottle of liquor had me laughing so hard. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

@celebrianna, love all the moments you highlighted.  So heart felt.  It's moments like those that make this drama such a gem of a show to watch.  (I'd probably have cried except I just don't cry over dramas anymore.  It now takes a lot for me to cry... :lol:)

@gladys57, I am also in love with the Zhang Yu Jian's expressions -- especially those deadpan ones.  His acting in this drama really makes me want to check out some of his other works so I can properly differentiate between those mannerisms that are just him and those that he's affecting to play this role of YM.  Whether they're him or his acting skills, either way, I think he's perfect as YM!  I spent my morning commute reliving that whole scene where he interrupts QY's blind date in my head, and I'm sure I looked like a crazy loon to others with the way I was chuckling to myself on the street.  But seriously!  I laugh when I think about how he "smiled" when he realized QY was there in WY's stead, how he mischievously let out the secret by telling the other guy she was once pregnant and abused by her husband, and then the way he says, "Oh!  Wu Yi's a writer!"  I was doubled over from laughter by the time they reached that point where QY was flailing over the place trying to explain and make things right, while the other guy was obviously upset, and YM just says in the calmest of ways while drinking his water (something along the lines of), "Don't panic.  Just keep lying."  Hahaha!  And of course, there's that final brilliant moment where QY asks him if he's satisfied and he says not until the door slams, and then it does, and so he stands up at last and says, "Now I'm satisfied."  Oh, YM.  You really are something else!  

I also feel like the show gets better with each episode and can't wait to go home and watch more!!

That blind date scene is pure gold indeed! I was like a lunatic while watching it! I watched it raw and kept rewatching it with Eng subs late at night not to disturb or get scolded by family members! ZYJ's acting is amazing!:star:

Being retired I'm glad I've the whole day to watch this drama at home without disturbing anyone. If I do watch it in public I had to control myself whenever there are comical scenes. :lol:

Of course, there are countless touching scenes which make this drama so realistic and  relatable (being Chinese and coming from similiar background) that it is such a GEM to watch. And I simply dont have the time to high light all the touching moments which are really heartwrenching or heartwarming.

@celebrianna, yes, I also share the same sentiments as you regarding those scenes too. Thanks for mentioning.

I also LOVE the scene whereby QY told her stepdad the reason why she didn't go to England. Their relationship is such a joy to watch.:wub:

• Like 5

I loved the book this is based on and so far the drama has not disappointed me. I do hope in episode 19 QY tells YM she came to Beijing for him. That was such a sweet moment in the book and YM really needed to hear it. Also I don't know if I like that they work together. 

Spoiler

The reason they broke up in the book was natural and understandable. I think most people in that situation would at least think about breaking up so it felt real without making the reader feel like these people shouldn't be dating. With them working together I don't know if the same reason for their break up fits and I really hope the writers don't make the breakup too over the top. 

• Like 6

On 5/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, gladys57 said:

Tsundere and Cold YM is the death of me!:D His expressions are to die for! He and QY are a match made in heaven indeed! I'm now a fan of Zhang Yu Jian!:wub:

Me too! ZYJ’ acting is so good here, I hope he hit big after this. 

I love how Yan Mo is a tsundere but not the over the top jerk type. A guy can be cold but also sweet without being an a-hole 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pocohantas01 said:

I loved the book this is based on and so far the drama has not disappointed me. I do hope in episode 19 QY tells YM she came to Beijing for him. That was such a sweet moment in the book and YM really needed to hear it. 

Spoilers spoilers spoilers, only if you want to know.

Spoiler

She'll still be evasive in her reply.  It's not until Episode 24 that she'll finally blurt out the truth.  You'll recognize the moment from the book.  But she ends up homeless and without her phone (because she left it in YM's car) and so when he doubles back to return her phone, he'll find her sitting on top of her suitcase at a bus stop.  As he drives her away, he'll start berating her about how how he just doesn't understand why she'd give up a perfectly good job to come to Beijing without a plan, and that's when she'll finally explode that it was because of him.

I may have rewatched that moment multiple times already.  Haha. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Spoilers spoilers spoilers, only if you want to know.

Reveal hidden contents

She'll still be evasive in her reply.  It's not until Episode 24 that she'll finally blurt out the truth.  You'll recognize the moment from the book.  But she ends up homeless and without her phone (because she left it in YM's car) and so when he doubles back to return her phone, he'll find her sitting on top of her suitcase at a bus stop.  As he drives her away, he'll start berating her about how how he just doesn't understand why she'd give up a perfectly good job to come to Beijing without a plan, and that's when she'll finally explode that it was because of him.

I may have rewatched that moment multiple times already.  Haha. :wub:

This makes me so happy. I can't wait to see it! This drama just keeps hitting all the right notes with me. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pocohantas01 said:

This makes me so happy. I can't wait to see it! This drama just keeps hitting all the right notes with me. 

If you want more spoilers... just because I love it that much.  ;)

Spoiler

Episode 24 is pretty much my high note right now since that's all we've gotten so far, but to your point about YM really needing to hear it.  Yes, he does, and that's demonstrated in Episode 24.  He'll kiss her after hearing her blurt out the truth, but even then, there's still insecurity.  Which you can tell exists because when he brings her back to his place and shows her the room that she can use, he'll ask her if she really meant all the things she'd just said in the car.  She'll get all shy and pretend like she's not sure what he's talking and so he'll parrot back word for word everything she'd just said.  She's so embarrassed but as a viewer, I'm dying!  Anyway, she'll make a noise of assent and then he'll ask her, "You like me," to which she'll make another noise of assent.  And then he'll ask her, "Since when," and she'll say, "Since the beginning," and then he'll have the biggest smile on his face.  Proving that yes, he really did need to hear it.

When YM had found her at the bus stop, there was also an abandoned dog that he wouldn't let her bring with her.  But later that night, he'll go out to meet the dog.  Although we don't see what happens next, the next day, after work, he'll tell her they need to go somewhere.  And then he'll bring her to a vet's office where he's had the dog cleaned and checked out.  She asks if they can adopt the dog and he says yes, which makes her happy.  The vet's assistant then starts to give her instructions by saying, "You and your boyfriend will need to..." and then she'll ask, "He is your boyfriend, right?"  And YM will answer in the affirmative.  As they leave the vet's office, QY is feeling hesitant and asks him if he was serious about what he said in there and he just looks at her and says, "When am I ever not serious?"  And then he'll walk away to get in the car like it's no big business, while QY gets really excited and says to the dog, "You're going to have a daddy!!!"  It's a really really cute scene.  :D  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

If you want more spoilers... just because I love it that much.  ;)

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 24 is pretty much my high note right now since that's all we've gotten so far, but to your point about YM really needing to hear it.  Yes, he does, and that's demonstrated in Episode 24.  He'll kiss her after hearing her blurt out the truth, but even then, there's still insecurity.  Which you can tell exists because when he brings her back to his place and shows her the room that she can use, he'll ask her if she really meant all the things she'd just said in the car.  She'll get all shy and pretend like she's not sure what he's talking and so he'll parrot back word for word everything she'd just said.  She's so embarrassed but as a viewer, I'm dying!  Anyway, she'll make a noise of assent and then he'll ask her, "You like me," to which she'll make another noise of assent.  And then he'll ask her, "Since when," and she'll say, "Since the beginning," and then he'll have the biggest smile on his face.  Proving that yes, he really did need to hear it.

When YM had found her at the bus stop, there was also an abandoned dog that he wouldn't let her bring with her.  But later that night, he'll go out to meet the dog.  Although we don't see what happens next, the next day, after work, he'll tell her they need to go somewhere.  And then he'll bring her to a vet's office where he's had the dog cleaned and checked out.  She asks if they can adopt the dog and he says yes, which makes her happy.  The vet's assistant then starts to give her instructions by saying, "You and your boyfriend will need to..." and then she'll ask, "He is your boyfriend, right?"  And YM will answer in the affirmative.  As they leave the vet's office, QY is feeling hesitant and asks him if he was serious about what he said in there and he just looks at her and says, "When am I ever not serious?"  And then he'll walk away to get in the car like it's no big business, while QY gets really excited and says to the dog, "You're going to have a daddy!!!"  It's a really really cute scene.  :D  

Awww!!!! This is the best. 

Gimme all of the spoilers! :lol: I'm so jealous. Can it be next week already? 

• Like 1

@themarchioness, I saw next week’s episodes for Viki. I have one burning question. 

Spoiler

Is Wu Yi pregnant? From the way they’re behaving it’s either she suspects she’s pregnant or she’s really pregnant?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@themarchioness, I saw next week’s episodes for Viki. I have one burning question. 

Hide contents

Is Wu Yi pregnant? From the way they’re behaving it’s either she suspects she’s pregnant or she’s really pregnant?

The Short Answer:

Spoiler

She takes an at-home pregnancy test, which is positive, but it's later revealed to be a false positive.

The Long Answer

Spoiler

WY starts to have symptoms and takes a pregnancy test, which returns positive.  She confesses to QY who agrees to support and help keep her secret.  This actually leads to some pretty hilarious scenes because when QY goes to the hospital to get information for WY, she runs into her brother and is obviously hiding something from him.  This naturally leaves GC suspicious and after putting together what he thinks is 2 and 2, he concludes that QY must be pregnant.  This results him calling out YM and before they can even exchange a word, GC starts beating him up so of course YM fights back.  It's only after they've beat each other senseless that YM asks, "By the way, why'd you hit me?"  GC says QY is pregnant and then it's YM's turn to be all, "That's impossible!" and upset over the thought that she might have had relations with another person.  He immediately sets out to track QY down with GC following closely behind.

When they find QY at her apartment there's this hilarious tag team to gain information out of her.  She splutters that it's her friend who's pregnant and she's just trying to help her out and YM says, "What's her name," while GC asks, "What's her number?" YM pulls out his phone and says, "I'll call."  She points out her friend wants to keep things a secret and they're like we don't care who she is, we only want to confirm what you're saying!  QY escapes pleading the need to use the bathroom and sends YM a text from her bedroom revealing the truth.  He reads this as GC is railing over irresponsible baby daddies who leave women on their own, and YM looks at him says, "You are so right."  LOL.

GC eventually figures out what's really going on because WY starts hiding from him and not responding to his texts.  There's this one part where wants to enter her apartment to see if everything's okay because she's been absent for so long.  He plugs in different possible passcodes and finally thinks of one.  After he enters it and the door unlocks, he says to himself, "Of course, it's QY's birth date," and I just want to say to him, "AND YOURS."  :P  Anyway, after he realizes what's going on, he's of course shocked initially and doesn't know what to think, but he eventually warms to the idea.  At the same time, WY finally goes to the doctor and learns it was a false positive.  Episode 24 ends with GC taking her out to shop for baby stuff and she doesn't know how to tell him the truth.  :( 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

@themarchioness,

Spoiler

Thanks. You know I actually suspected she wasn’t pregnant after she went to the hospital. Isn’t it amazing that even though I don’t know a lick of the language I can still sufficiently guess what’s happening? The actors are doing a good job. I think it’s WY’s expression that told me it was a false alarm and I was hoping she would tell GC ASAP that it’s a false alarm.

• Like 4