[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

sugarplum892

I loved the book this is based on and so far the drama has not disappointed me. I do hope in episode 19 QY tells YM she came to Beijing for him. That was such a sweet moment in the book and YM really needed to hear it. Also I don't know if I like that they work together. 

Spoiler

The reason they broke up in the book was natural and understandable. I think most people in that situation would at least think about breaking up so it felt real without making the reader feel like these people shouldn't be dating. With them working together I don't know if the same reason for their break up fits and I really hope the writers don't make the breakup too over the top. 

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, gladys57 said:

Tsundere and Cold YM is the death of me!:D His expressions are to die for! He and QY are a match made in heaven indeed! I'm now a fan of Zhang Yu Jian!:wub:

Me too! ZYJ’ acting is so good here, I hope he hit big after this. 

I love how Yan Mo is a tsundere but not the over the top jerk type. A guy can be cold but also sweet without being an a-hole 

2 hours ago, pocohantas01 said:

I loved the book this is based on and so far the drama has not disappointed me. I do hope in episode 19 QY tells YM she came to Beijing for him. That was such a sweet moment in the book and YM really needed to hear it. 

Spoilers spoilers spoilers, only if you want to know.

Spoiler

She'll still be evasive in her reply.  It's not until Episode 24 that she'll finally blurt out the truth.  You'll recognize the moment from the book.  But she ends up homeless and without her phone (because she left it in YM's car) and so when he doubles back to return her phone, he'll find her sitting on top of her suitcase at a bus stop.  As he drives her away, he'll start berating her about how how he just doesn't understand why she'd give up a perfectly good job to come to Beijing without a plan, and that's when she'll finally explode that it was because of him.

I may have rewatched that moment multiple times already.  Haha. :wub:

10 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Reveal hidden contents

She'll still be evasive in her reply.  It's not until Episode 24 that she'll finally blurt out the truth.  You'll recognize the moment from the book.  But she ends up homeless and without her phone (because she left it in YM's car) and so when he doubles back to return her phone, he'll find her sitting on top of her suitcase at a bus stop.  As he drives her away, he'll start berating her about how how he just doesn't understand why she'd give up a perfectly good job to come to Beijing without a plan, and that's when she'll finally explode that it was because of him.

This makes me so happy. I can't wait to see it! This drama just keeps hitting all the right notes with me. 

27 minutes ago, pocohantas01 said:

This makes me so happy. I can't wait to see it! This drama just keeps hitting all the right notes with me. 

If you want more spoilers... just because I love it that much.  ;)

Spoiler

Episode 24 is pretty much my high note right now since that's all we've gotten so far, but to your point about YM really needing to hear it.  Yes, he does, and that's demonstrated in Episode 24.  He'll kiss her after hearing her blurt out the truth, but even then, there's still insecurity.  Which you can tell exists because when he brings her back to his place and shows her the room that she can use, he'll ask her if she really meant all the things she'd just said in the car.  She'll get all shy and pretend like she's not sure what he's talking and so he'll parrot back word for word everything she'd just said.  She's so embarrassed but as a viewer, I'm dying!  Anyway, she'll make a noise of assent and then he'll ask her, "You like me," to which she'll make another noise of assent.  And then he'll ask her, "Since when," and she'll say, "Since the beginning," and then he'll have the biggest smile on his face.  Proving that yes, he really did need to hear it.

When YM had found her at the bus stop, there was also an abandoned dog that he wouldn't let her bring with her.  But later that night, he'll go out to meet the dog.  Although we don't see what happens next, the next day, after work, he'll tell her they need to go somewhere.  And then he'll bring her to a vet's office where he's had the dog cleaned and checked out.  She asks if they can adopt the dog and he says yes, which makes her happy.  The vet's assistant then starts to give her instructions by saying, "You and your boyfriend will need to..." and then she'll ask, "He is your boyfriend, right?"  And YM will answer in the affirmative.  As they leave the vet's office, QY is feeling hesitant and asks him if he was serious about what he said in there and he just looks at her and says, "When am I ever not serious?"  And then he'll walk away to get in the car like it's no big business, while QY gets really excited and says to the dog, "You're going to have a daddy!!!"  It's a really really cute scene.  :D  

23 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 24 is pretty much my high note right now since that's all we've gotten so far, but to your point about YM really needing to hear it.  Yes, he does, and that's demonstrated in Episode 24.  He'll kiss her after hearing her blurt out the truth, but even then, there's still insecurity.  Which you can tell exists because when he brings her back to his place and shows her the room that she can use, he'll ask her if she really meant all the things she'd just said in the car.  She'll get all shy and pretend like she's not sure what he's talking and so he'll parrot back word for word everything she'd just said.  She's so embarrassed but as a viewer, I'm dying!  Anyway, she'll make a noise of assent and then he'll ask her, "You like me," to which she'll make another noise of assent.  And then he'll ask her, "Since when," and she'll say, "Since the beginning," and then he'll have the biggest smile on his face.  Proving that yes, he really did need to hear it.

When YM had found her at the bus stop, there was also an abandoned dog that he wouldn't let her bring with her.  But later that night, he'll go out to meet the dog.  Although we don't see what happens next, the next day, after work, he'll tell her they need to go somewhere.  And then he'll bring her to a vet's office where he's had the dog cleaned and checked out.  She asks if they can adopt the dog and he says yes, which makes her happy.  The vet's assistant then starts to give her instructions by saying, "You and your boyfriend will need to..." and then she'll ask, "He is your boyfriend, right?"  And YM will answer in the affirmative.  As they leave the vet's office, QY is feeling hesitant and asks him if he was serious about what he said in there and he just looks at her and says, "When am I ever not serious?"  And then he'll walk away to get in the car like it's no big business, while QY gets really excited and says to the dog, "You're going to have a daddy!!!"  It's a really really cute scene.  :D  

Awww!!!! This is the best. 

Gimme all of the spoilers! :lol: I'm so jealous. Can it be next week already? 

39 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@themarchioness, I saw next week’s episodes for Viki. I have one burning question. 

Hide contents

Is Wu Yi pregnant? From the way they’re behaving it’s either she suspects she’s pregnant or she’s really pregnant?

The Short Answer:

Spoiler

She takes an at-home pregnancy test, which is positive, but it's later revealed to be a false positive.

The Long Answer

Spoiler

WY starts to have symptoms and takes a pregnancy test, which returns positive.  She confesses to QY who agrees to support and help keep her secret.  This actually leads to some pretty hilarious scenes because when QY goes to the hospital to get information for WY, she runs into her brother and is obviously hiding something from him.  This naturally leaves GC suspicious and after putting together what he thinks is 2 and 2, he concludes that QY must be pregnant.  This results him calling out YM and before they can even exchange a word, GC starts beating him up so of course YM fights back.  It's only after they've beat each other senseless that YM asks, "By the way, why'd you hit me?"  GC says QY is pregnant and then it's YM's turn to be all, "That's impossible!" and upset over the thought that she might have had relations with another person.  He immediately sets out to track QY down with GC following closely behind.

When they find QY at her apartment there's this hilarious tag team to gain information out of her.  She splutters that it's her friend who's pregnant and she's just trying to help her out and YM says, "What's her name," while GC asks, "What's her number?" YM pulls out his phone and says, "I'll call."  She points out her friend wants to keep things a secret and they're like we don't care who she is, we only want to confirm what you're saying!  QY escapes pleading the need to use the bathroom and sends YM a text from her bedroom revealing the truth.  He reads this as GC is railing over irresponsible baby daddies who leave women on their own, and YM looks at him says, "You are so right."  LOL.

GC eventually figures out what's really going on because WY starts hiding from him and not responding to his texts.  There's this one part where wants to enter her apartment to see if everything's okay because she's been absent for so long.  He plugs in different possible passcodes and finally thinks of one.  After he enters it and the door unlocks, he says to himself, "Of course, it's QY's birth date," and I just want to say to him, "AND YOURS."  :P  Anyway, after he realizes what's going on, he's of course shocked initially and doesn't know what to think, but he eventually warms to the idea.  At the same time, WY finally goes to the doctor and learns it was a false positive.  Episode 24 ends with GC taking her out to shop for baby stuff and she doesn't know how to tell him the truth.  :( 

@themarchioness,

Spoiler

Thanks. You know I actually suspected she wasn’t pregnant after she went to the hospital. Isn’t it amazing that even though I don’t know a lick of the language I can still sufficiently guess what’s happening? The actors are doing a good job. I think it’s WY’s expression that told me it was a false alarm and I was hoping she would tell GC ASAP that it’s a false alarm.

Hi.

19 minutes ago, owlstar said:

Spoiler videos!  Only if you're ready to see THE moment... 

Reveal hidden contents

I keep rewatching scenes from Ep 24 so I decided to share... enjoy!

Hi, thanks for the videos. But do you have one in subbed in english? Thanks much. :)

1 hour ago, savingrace said:

Hi.

Hi, thanks for the videos. But do you have one in subbed in english? Thanks much. :)

English subs aren't available yet (only up to ep 18), but I couldn't wait so watched from a Vietsub site.  

You can see these earlier posts for more details about this episode.

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Reveal hidden contents

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have seen all the 24 episodes raw and enjoyed it.  Now i am watching it with subs.  

Somebody who know chinese, can you help me.  In episode 12, did the goddess write in QY's alumni book or not?

Is this the one she wrote or is it YM's entry in her alumni book?  :)

PCCD8zL.png

More BTS YT link

Awww, she is so tired to sleep in standing.

Cr: as tagged

Besides the cuteness overload moments between our OTP, there are many moments which resonate with real life. :P

I love the "small tiff" QY had with her mum over her constant calling her reminding her about having proper food and rest and the weather. After consulting QC, she apologised to her mum while being caught in the rain. She was crying in the rain while feeling apologetic for being upset with her mum! That really had me crying too. In reality, we do sometimes have little tiffs with our mums.:sweatingbullets:

Our YM came over to return a CD. QY mentioned to him she missed her mum and home and wished she hadn't come to Beijing. YM agreed that she shouldn't come before going off to buy medicine. Poor QY cried pitifully after him, "I came because of you!" I teared again.:sweatingbullets:

QY and QC conversation about their mum really touched my heart.:wub:

Ep 21 subbed :tounge_wink:   The story of boyfriend came to light aw aw aw .... and our poor baby YM .."I was cold in England too"  i just want to hug him . 

GC you are officially invited to my place and you can clean all you want...you are so good at it too  . 

Glad to see parents working on their independence ..Ma getting a drivers licence at that age i really have to hand it to this woman, she is so typical Ma and yet so exceptional . Our Ba lost a bit of weight but has adjusted to his BMW and knowing him he would probably want to race if his wife ever gets a car lol.  

14 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I have seen all the 24 episodes raw and enjoyed it.  Now i am watching it with subs.  

Somebody who know chinese, can you help me.  In episode 12, did the goddess write in QY's alumni book or not?

Is this the one she wrote or is it YM's entry in her alumni book?  :)

PCCD8zL.png

That's the goddess writing in her book, subtitles a little later translated it as hope you "always be kind, innocent and optimistic." 

YM wrote this in her book, which is more like "Study hard, don't be lazy."  :lol:

vqy77lm.jpg

On 5/18/2019 at 7:21 AM, jadore1 said:

Ep 21 subbed :tounge_wink:   The story of boyfriend came to light aw aw aw .... and our poor baby YM .."I was cold in England too"  i just want to hug him . 

GC you are officially invited to my place and you can clean all you want...you are so good at it too  . 

Glad to see parents working on their independence ..Ma getting a drivers licence at that age i really have to hand it to this woman, she is so typical Ma and yet so exceptional . Our Ba lost a bit of weight but has adjusted to his BMW and knowing him he would probably want to race if his wife ever gets a car lol.  

The story of the boyfriend is both heartwrenching and cute! LOL!:lol:

The flashback scene of drunkard YM crying in England was so heartwrenching. Then at his office the scene when his housemate in England made fun of him infront of him , QY and others was hilarious. YM even admitted he cried and stormed off!:)

The BIG REVEAL about the boyfriend totally caught him by surprise but  YM being who he is, hid his RELIEF with his poker face!:ph34r:

I cracked up when QY chided him for reading her blog without leaving his name. Which made him stormed off in pretence of going to the gents probably to hid his embarassment!:lol:

The BEST part is when he returned home and gave a GRIN of  complete relief & satisfaction! I went bonkers over this scene!:D

Oh! This drama is really driving me crazy!:blush:

How did i forget to mention in ep 21   that German lesson scene ...our YM is really a genius :naughty: ...what a good and totally practical lol way to teach  Ich liebe dich:heart:

Subs up to 24 ... Ba has not lost his police training whatsoever , still very observant . 

Archived