Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

the drama is better than i expected. 

Spoiler

i like the fact that they include both the present and past parts! the fact that they also made it clear in the beginning that they were married were also nice. very different from other dramas yet still successfully grabs our attention throughout the entire episode!! can't wait for the next episodes already!! T.T 

i think i have a new favorite drama that'll be placed on my all-time favorite dramas list (if the drama keeps this up throughout the entire run)!! and lucky for us, we STILL have 33 more episodes!!! not 24 or 30!! yesssss!! :D

• Like 5

I absolutely loved the novel. It was adorable. Yan Mo is exactly how I always pictured Mr.F 

Lots of great cdramas right now.

Goodbye my Princess, Put your head on my shoulder, and now this:D

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

the drama is better than i expected. 

Hide contents

i like the fact that they include both the present and past parts! the fact that they also made it clear in the beginning that they were married were also nice. very different from other dramas yet still successfully grabs our attention throughout the entire episode!! can't wait for the next episodes already!! T.T 

Oh good.  It sounds like they're following the approach of the novel then, and I'm glad because that unique style is something I really enjoyed about it.  I was imagining they'd take a more linear approach to the story for the drama and I'm glad to hear that's not the case.  Eager for my work day to end so I can go home to watch!  ;)  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Oh good.  It sounds like they're following the approach of the novel then, and I'm glad because that unique style is something I really enjoyed about it.  I was imagining they'd take a more linear approach to the story for the drama and I'm glad to hear that's not the case.  Eager for my work day to end so I can go home to watch!  ;)  

u havent started on it yet too? :D 

i just had the times to really read thru things.....been busy since beginning of the month till now

• Like 3

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

u havent started on it yet too? :D

Well, I couldn't have started it any earlier.  When the episodes get posted, it's morning where I am, which means I'm at work.  ;)  Just finished watching the first two episodes though! 

First, re: subs.  I'm grateful that Huace is releasing subbed episodes through their YouTube channel, but . . . well, let's just say that every now then, the subs are definitely a miss.  It's not any big thing, really, but it's like nails on a chalkboard for the translator in me and I wish I could go in and fix it so that others would have a more accurate understanding of what's being said.  That said, again, just grateful they're out and available!  Also, it does look like Viki is using the same subs because I went there to spot check, to see if there would be any improvement, and it's got the same errors. 

Second, re: first impressions.  I liked it!  I'm glad they're sticking with the non-linear form of storytelling that's so central to the charm of the web novel, but I admit there was a brief bit in the first episode where I got confused as to what year they were in.  I think it's because sometimes the drama stays faithful to the book (right down to the very lines the characters say), but at other times they're either moving things around or just making things up for the drama.  When use stuff from the book but in a different way from the book, I find that particularly jarring because I'm expecting it to go a different way!  So I have to play catch up.  :P  I'll give some examples/comparisons under a spoiler cut.

All in all though, the drama seems to be keeping with the spirit of the book and that's the most important part.  Looking forward to more eps tomorrow!

For those curious about the book/drama differences:

Spoiler

- In the drama, when QY and YM reunite, he's technically still living in England and has only returned to China because of his father's illness.  And then they cross paths at the television station where she's working.  In the book, YM has already returned to China.  There's a high school reunion and the class representative calls up YM, to invite him over.  QY runs to the toilet to hide (much like she tried to do at the reunion party in the drama) and when she returns to the table, he's already there. They sit near each other, but don't interact until she tries to open a coke can and puts it back down when she can't.  YM then opens it for her, although the entire time he does so, he continues his conversation with someone else.  After that night, he returned to Beijing and she stayed in their hometown.  When he returned to their hometown for business one time, she invited him out to dinner and they talked a lot that night.  She then takes a gamble by quitting her job and moving to Beijing to be with him.

- In the drama, QY and GC have a stepfather.  In the book, their mother stays single after the divorce.  I also wasn't given the impression that GC and QY were twins... rather, they were just so close in age that once QY and YM reached that point in their academic career where they had to choose between the science and humanity paths, YM and GC ended up in the same class after he chose the science path.  Prior to that, they were never in the same classes.  (QY chose the humanities path.)

- In the drama, QY tries to call YM and, as a result, misunderstands when a female answers his phone.  As indicated above, however, throughout YM's time in England in the book, they never have any contact.  He does, however, keep the same phone number as in the drama.

- In the drama, QY has a work assignment that asks the question, "How is the person you liked in school doing now?"  As I mentioned above, sometimes the drama uses stuff from the book in a different way and this one is a perfect example of that.  It's also one that, I'm not going to lie, hurts the most so far because the way this question is used in the book is sooo beautiful - as you will see, once I explain.  I hope they revisit this question in the "present" so that the drama will also use it in the same way.  Anyway, in the book, QY's company is planning an event relating to the reminiscence of youth.  As a result, she poses this question in a mass text to all her friends.  The answers she receives range from, "He became the father of other children," to "When I was studying, I only loved my textbooks."  As she reads through the answers, she realizes she also sent it to YM (whom she's already married to at the time).  She has no expectation that he'll actually reply to this text, so puts the phone aside.  When she gets home that night, it's already 11pm but YM is even later than her.  While half asleep, she "[feels] him carefully making his way onto the bed and tucking [her] blanket in for [her]."  He's already gone when she wakes up the next morning, and it's only after she arrives at work that she notices she has an unread message on her phone.  She opens it and sees his answer, "She became my wife, and she's sleeping beside me right now."  Sent at 2:45am.  :wub:

- Some of the things the drama has kept the same from the book: 1) the opening scene where she randomly pretends to be having an affair with her brother-in-law just to shock the waiter.  She didn't expect YM to play along!  2) the scene where she's so bad at math she bargains by suggesting a higher price than what the store was offering.  3) the scene where she goes home to complain to YM that GC was mistreating her, and so he exacts revenge by trouncing him in a computer game.

- Some of the things the drama is changing entirely: It looks like YM has a very lonely household with his parents gone all the time.  In the book, however, he has a very warm home life and it's actually something QY envies since she grew up in a single family home.  Even though his mother is also a dancer in the book, there's no suggestion that she left him home by himself all the time.  Giving YM a same-aged uncle is also something entirely concocted for the drama, but I have to say that little twist actually made me laugh.  And GC running around earning money by fixing computers is also something made up for the drama, but a twist I also appreciated.  I like that there's more depth to his character than the super playboy he pretends to be. 

Anyhow, that's just some of the comparisons that came to mind as I was watching.  I just re-read the book this past weekend to prepare for the drama so it's kind of fresh in my head.  Comparisons are going to be inevitable.  ;) 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

:o I just noticed, Maplestage has raw episodes through 12!  I haven't seen any official words regarding the release schedule for this drama, other than it airs 2 eps from Monday-Wednesday, but I'm going to assume applying the normal pattern of VIP versus official episodes that VIP/raw episode viewers of this drama will always be a full week ahead.  Meaning, VIP viewers must've gotten 12 episodes out the gate in one day, whereas by the end of this week, those watching the official videos will be at episode 6. 

So far, the raw episodes on Maplestage are slooooow to load and I'm so busy this week, I'll just stick with the subbed ones.  But if I get impatient next week.... ;) 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

:o I just noticed, Maplestage has raw episodes through 12!  I haven't seen any official words regarding the release schedule for this drama, other than it airs 2 eps from Monday-Wednesday, but I'm going to assume applying the normal pattern of VIP versus official episodes that VIP/raw episode viewers of this drama will always be a full week ahead.  Meaning, VIP viewers must've gotten 12 episodes out the gate in one day, whereas by the end of this week, those watching the official videos will be at episode 6. 

So far, the raw episodes on Maplestage are slooooow to load and I'm so busy this week, I'll just stick with the subbed ones.  But if I get impatient next week.... ;) 

oh that is nice lols.......usually i go for raw one :D  as like u....sometimes i wish i could go in to fix the subtitles when they are a miss :D hahahaha

• LOL 3

For the VIP subscribers 12 episodes were already released. Unfortunately I can’t watch them because I banned Flash at home, so I have to go with the normal schedule. It is okay since I have 2 other Dramas to watch at the moment. :ph34r:

Good to know about the subs. That is the reason we I really miss Dramafever who had way better ones than Viki. I even still miss WithS2 for KDrama :tears:.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

For the VIP subscribers 12 episodes were already released. Unfortunately I can’t watch them because I banned Flash at home, so I have to go with the normal schedule. It is okay since I have 2 other Dramas to watch at the moment. :ph34r:

Good to know about the subs. That is the reason we I really miss Dramafever who had way better ones than Viki. I even still miss WithS2 for KDrama :tears:.

some of the translation in Viki is done by fans i think hence that why not all the translations are up to par

not to mention i always felt sometimes some of the translation doesnt do justice to original language by itself.

• Like 2

After EP3+4...well...the school story surely isn't my cup of tea :sweatingbullets:. Proably too much Youth Drama for me lately who did it way better. Anyone of the novel readers who knows how long that is part of the story? I want to see them building up a working relationship as adults. :ph34r:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

After EP3+4...well...the school story surely isn't my cup of tea :sweatingbullets:. Proably too much Youth Drama for me lately who did it way better. Anyone of the novel readers who knows how long that is part of the story? I want to see them building up a working relationship as adults. :ph34r:

I agree with you I would like to see them focus more on adult timeline I read the book a while ago and they go back and forth a lot so I’m not sure where they are going to focus on I always look forward to when they r grown ups rather than the school age days

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Great news!!! Le Coup De Foudre reached 100 million views after 13 hours of premiering!! Seems like China loves this drama!! :wub:  So happy for the cast!! :w00t:

Edited by gracebkk
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I had time to catch up ep 1-2 yesterday... and I have to say.. Ep 2 especially the latter end had me end up in tears.... especially parts about "Idiot had his/her pride too" and also about how we "Misread people" during our youth. All of this thing really feel relatable for me. 

I enjoy what I watch so far.. and will take everything slowly to savor this warmhearted drama.. 

• Like 7

BTS

Spoiler

BTS 1 (weibo posted 04/29)

BTS 2 (weibo 04/30)

BTS 4 (05.01)

Posted on drama's weibo, but not yet on the youtube channel:

BTS 3 (04/30): direct link weibo video 

[this is the direct link to the video input itself, not the weibo post. so there shouldnt be any vpn problems. maybe] 

BTS 5 (05/02): direct link weibo video 

Some more Promo posters

Spoiler

tumblr_pqukf2vSO31u1iqoao4_1280.jpgtumblr_pqukf2vSO31u1iqoao5_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_pquiqo9UfL1u1iqoao1_250.jpgtumblr_pquiqo9UfL1u1iqoao2_250.jpgtumblr_pquiqo9UfL1u1iqoao3_400.jpg

As a fan of the novel, I have 2 major and one minor complains about the drama depiction. First, the book is based on the real life experiences of the main couple. In other words, every character exists including the parents of both female and male protagonist. It is true that Qiao Yi came from a single mother family but why add a step-father? [Sorry, I didnt realize youtube channel only updated up to ep 6]

Spoiler

In addition, the script writers totally played around with Yan Mo's family. Divorced + hidden little brother??!!?? I am very well aware that the author had participated in the script writing and the final product was a mutual agreement between both parties. However, I still think it is slightly disrespectful to the parents. 

Second, in the novel Qiao Yi did not know about Yan Mo's departure to England until graduation. If the drama had to emphasize the fact that Qiao Yi's family had low income, what makes the option of oversea study a feasible route? Putting money aside, my dear drama Qiao Yi did you forget you are a steady low mark ranker? 

I loved the novel for being down to earth. As well as, how it embraced the ups and downs of a relationship with polar opposite personalities. The drama on the other hand, the actor and actress did a great job on the character portrayal but the plot lacks in the realistic aspect. I know there is no such thing as a perfect drama adaption and asking a drama to be reasonable is impossible but I still wished they went another way about it. 

Lastly, the minor complain I have is with Qiao Yi's character. She not the smartest, especially when compared with Yan Mo but I believe the drama dumb down the protagonist beyond the necessary range. Like they had to force fit Qiao Yi and Mo Yan into the typical 学霸 and 学渣 scenario. UGH. 

Aside from all these negative comments, I really like the first 12 episodes! The last drama I was really into was Zhao Yao/The Legends but their editing was...[coughs out blood]. Le Coup de Foudre has really pulled me out and reignited my faith in quality post productions. Mr. Monday hurry up and come. 

I dont think the youtube channel posted the next ep previews. (PS. Tencent QQ has updated to the preview for ep 18) I will post them if anyone is interested. 

Spoiler

There is one preview where Qiao Yi goes on a blind date in the place of Wu Yi. And (OFC) our Yan Mo happens to interrupt. HAHA! I really like the older Yan Mo. 

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

I dont think the youtube channel posted the next ep previews. (PS. Tencent QQ has update to the preview for ep 18) I will post them if anyone is interested. 

Hide contents

There is one preview where Qiao Yi goes on a blind date in the place of Wu Yi. And (OFC) our Yan Mo happens to interrupt. HAHA! I really like the older Yan Mo. 

There are previews until ep 18?!?! Gahhh..!! :w00t: Can you pleaseeeeee post them!! pretty pleaseeeeee..  :tears: 

That aside, I do agree with your other points. There are some parts of the drama where I went "Did that really happen?", but overall I think the adaption stayed true to the novel. A lot of the parts which made me squeal was included, which I was very happy to see. Lots of times adaptations tend to miss out on adding those in, which makes us readers sad. Glad this wasn't the case here. And even for the parts they changed/added, it didn't really break the momentum of the drama. On the other hand, for me, it made the drama stronger so that was fine :) I guess the reason for that is because the author participated in the scriptwriting.. I didn't know that.. thanks for telling us! :D 

Spoiler

I mean.. Did you see ep 10?! I was shocked they placed that scene in ep 10! so early.. We're not even halfway yet!! A kiss so suddenly?! I guess it helps that the drama isn't in a linear format. So glad they decided not to do it in linear form. Makes this drama wayyyy unique & better. 

Now.. I can't wait for ep 13-18 already!!! :D I need more young & adult Yan Mo, Qiao Yi, Guan Chao, Wu Yi, & Yan Mo's uncle (forgot his name suddenly). Even Yan Mo's mom is hilarious! hahahaha :D 

I hope to see the adult version & Yan Mo & Qiao Yi's reunion soon though.. even though we've been getting snippets of their future life, I want to see them reuniting, getting together, and being in a relationship. I just hope the last episode isn't them just getting together. I REALLY hope the drama gives them episodes of them dating.. I mean.. a relationship also has problems right???

Spoiler

(afterall... the book did include that... :rolleyes:)

• Like 6