Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

@nichiwoohee, what's ZYJ's IG handle?

@gladys57, haha!  Yes!  I love all those moments that you mentioned, too.  It also slays me when he gets irritated by (what he terms) QY's "scatter-brained"-ness because she doesn't pick up on the hints and clues.  I find it especially hilarious (and ironic) considering that so often he's so often obtuse himself.  (Albeit it's usually towards the other people around him because he just can't be bothered, and never her.)  

One of my favorite moments from this week's episodes (apart from the Amazing Ep 24) will be when:

Spoiler

He learns Cheng You Mei's been running QY ragged with her personal chores.  First, I love that he'll tell CYM to stop and doesn't bother to hide why he's telling her to stop.  Second, it's the absolute sweetest when he calls QY into his office and hands her a book, telling her to read it.  She's confused and doesn't understand why, but when we see the book boring her to sleep, we know why.  I love when his teddy bear sides come out for QY, and QY alone.  :wub:

Speaking of new eps, so excited it's Monday and we get more new eps at last!  (It's pretty much the only reason i'm glad it's Monday... :P)

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Excellent, thank you!  Yes,  I already follow WQ as well, but I would not have been able to find that handle so thank you again for sharing.  Love that he's also got pics of Molly on his IG.  Including a Wedding Molly!!  

• Like 5

Yahoo!   Episode 25 to 30 are posted 

maplestage.   Glad to know I’m not the only one crazy about this drama.   Which is very surprising for me.   I normally prefer Kdramas.   This is my 4th C drama i’m Hooked on this year.   Gotta give big applause to the writer.  Lovin’ this drama.  Now off the watch raw.   Then will refresh again and again others sites till subtitles pop up....am crazy :D

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, mizv said:

maplestage.   Glad to know I’m not the only one crazy about this drama.   Which is very surprising for me.   I normally prefer Kdramas.   This is my 4th C drama i’m Hooked on this year.   Gotta give big applause to the writer.  Lovin’ this drama.  Now off the watch raw.   Then will refresh again and again others sites till subtitles pop up....am crazy :D

It's ok @mizv you have million of us to keep you company  :tounge_wink:...with @DontEatMyKimchi posting that  LCDF has officially broke the 800 million mark!   

• Like 5

Hello! Can you please give the website where can I watch the ep 25-30? Thank you!

51 minutes ago, mizv said:

Today's subbed episodes (19 & 20) have already been released.  Episodes 25-30 won't be released with subs until next week.  You might already be aware of that, but based on your phrasing I wasn't sure and didn't want you reloading all day waiting for subbed versions of 25-30... :)  

• Like 4

As always, some of the subs for Episodes 19 & 20 left me feeling a little meh.  The meaning may not have been lost, but I just feel like the spirit of the sentiments aren't always properly conveyed.  Here are the most notable ones that stood out to me. 

• When Da Chuan asks Yan Mo when Chen You Mei/Alicia will leave, what he really asks is when Yan Mo will chase her out of their company. 
  • This one's an actual error in translation!  When the employees are talking about the compatibility of Yan Mo, Alicia, and Qiao Yi, Yan Mo comes out of his office which sends him scurrying.  When he calls back one of the employees to ask a question, the subs have him asking which sign matches the Scorpion (which doesn't make sense since that's Alicia's sign).  The correct translation is Capricorn - he's asking which sign matches the Capricorn (his sign).
  • When Yan Mo asks Qiao Yi if she'd jump from a bridge because he asked her to do so, the subs have her answering, "Yes... with you..." but the more accurate version of what she said (and my preferred version, because we get a glimpse of her sassy personality) is, "Yes... and I'd take you with me."  LOL.
  • When Yan Mo, Qiao Yi, and Wang Wen (I think that's his name) are meeting with his college roommate, there's a part where the subs have Yan Mo saying, "I knew something that hurt me."  That's more properly translated as, "I learned something that I found upsetting."
  • When Qiao Yi gets a text message while she's banging on her brother's door, they didn't translate that text message, but it's from Wu Yi begging Qiao Yi to allow her to be the one to tell Guan Chao her news.
  • When Qiao Yi is sick in bed and Yan Mo turns to her laptop and notices what she was looking up online, not positive about this one, but I'm pretty sure she was looking up what horoscope signs matched the Capricorn. 

Anyway, hope that's helpful to you all -- I will post a short recap tomorrow of this week's VIP eps 25-30 for anyone who's interested.  Bed for now though; it's late.  ;) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

So as we're approaching the end, my overall thoughts on the adaptation:

- I love 2018 Qiao Yi - she's exactly what I envisioned from reading the novel. I'm not keen on the post-high school up to ep. 24 Qiao Yi. There are hints of the spunkiness but dear lord, the timidness is way too much for me. She's way too soft spoken in some scenes - it was hard to hear her. And what happened to the courage she mentioned when she got to university? It's like all of that disappeared. 

- I'm happy they kept some of the scenes exactly like how they were in the novel. 

- While Wu Yi and Guan Chao are super cute together, I wished they hadn't created a love story for them. I'd rather have the stories about Qiao Yi's college friends. 

- Not a fan of the working together set-up. I really liked how independent they were in the book.

- Love, love, love Yan Mo (and Yan Mo + Qiao Yi together) and Guan Chao.

- Yay for adding Da Chuan into the story.

- And I guess no young master, since she didn't have a boyfriend in college? :( 

- I'm so glad that the whole Alicia/ fiancee - arc wasn't played out for long. That would have been so annoying. 

- Guan Chao and Qiao Yi's relationship is so sweet. I'm glad they decided to add/ expand on it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

As always, some of the subs for Episodes 19 & 20 left me feeling a little meh.  The meaning may not have been lost, but I just feel like the spirit of the sentiments aren't always properly conveyed.  Here are the most notable ones that stood out to me. 

• When Da Chuan asks Yan Mo when Chen You Mei/Alicia will leave, what he really asks is when Yan Mo will chase her out of their company. 
  • This one's an actual error in translation!  When the employees are talking about the compatibility of Yan Mo, Alicia, and Qiao Yi, Yan Mo comes out of his office which sends him scurrying.  When he calls back one of the employees to ask a question, the subs have him asking which sign matches the Scorpion (which doesn't make sense since that's Alicia's sign).  The correct translation is Capricorn - he's asking which sign matches the Capricorn (his sign).
  • When Yan Mo asks Qiao Yi if she'd jump from a bridge because he asked her to do so, the subs have her answering, "Yes... with you..." but the more accurate version of what she said (and my preferred version, because we get a glimpse of her sassy personality) is, "Yes... and I'd take you with me."  LOL.
  • When Yan Mo, Qiao Yi, and Wang Wen (I think that's his name) are meeting with his college roommate, there's a part where the subs have Yan Mo saying, "I knew something that hurt me."  That's more properly translated as, "I learned something that I found upsetting."
  • When Qiao Yi gets a text message while she's banging on her brother's door, they didn't translate that text message, but it's from Wu Yi begging Qiao Yi to allow her to be the one to tell Guan Chao her news.
  • When Qiao Yi is sick in bed and Yan Mo turns to her laptop and notices what she was looking up online, not positive about this one, but I'm pretty sure she was looking up what horoscope signs matched the Capricorn. 

Anyway, hope that's helpful to you all -- I will post a short recap tomorrow of this week's VIP eps 25-30 for anyone who's interested.  Bed for now though; it's late.  ;) 

Thank you so much for these translations!!!!! Helps us viewers get the full meaning of things that inevitably get lost in translation. I feel the same way when I watch korean dramas, I feel like so many times it’s hard to convey the intent and meaning oftentimes from korean to English. I’m sure there are instances for Chinese to english! Really appreciate you taking the time to share with us!

• Like 4

Subs are posted up to 26 on FD

Spoiler

Fastdrama

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

DaChaun is an awesome.  

He should get more credit

its so funny watching him in love 

• Like 6

Am I the only one who rather see more of Qiao Yi with people close to her like her mother, her mother in law, her brother and her friend  Wu Yi . Since I have read the book I just wish the drama stays close to the book rather than inventing the Wu Yi and Guan Chao love story adding the triangle Wang Wen . I am happy that they added her step father and Da Chuan . I wish they stay true to Yan Mo family which is stable and happy. Making his mother remarry does not add anything to the story. In all I am just in love with the couple Qiao Yi and Yan Mo. I am in awe of the siblings Qiao Yi and Guan Chao. I am touching of parental love Qiao Yi and her parents (mother and step father). It is a pity that they did not develop a bit more the relationship of Qiao Yi and her mother in law. And one factor that Yan Mo falls in love with her is because she is very much like his mum.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mizv said:

DaChaun is an awesome.  

He should get more credit

its so funny watching him in love 

AGREE! Da Chuan is as cute as a Teddy Bear!:lol:

He's like a dork when in love and looks  super adorable. 

I laughed like a lunatic when he exclaimed gleefully to YM, "It's about time you 2 get together. Otherwise I'll abandon the Drama!" YM as usual showed his deadpan face but was obviously very pleased!:blush:

NB: Yeah! We're having more Newbies here! WELCOME to the newbies!:wub:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mizv said:

Subs are posted up to 26 on FD

Hide contents

Fastdrama

Aah this makes me so happy.Thank you:wub:

• Like 2

Awww, kiss BTS

I think it's pd's son:heart:

Off to London BTS

Cr:as tagged

• Like 4

I looove YM's way of scaring off a love rival (who wrote QY a love letter that YM conveniently didn't give to her ;)).  English subbed!

To be honest I'm a little disappointed in eps 25-30.

Spoiler

I find the reason they broke up a little random and unbelievable, especially for these two who loved each other for years.  It was more reasonable in the book.  But because they changed the story to them working together, I guess it wouldn't have made sense. 

I want more cute YM-QY scenes!  My favorite moment from this set of episodes. :wub:

Spoiler

Poor girl worked so hard to get some lol. I love her smiling face when he's putting the moves on her.  But in the end all she got was "we'll wait for our honeymoon." :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6