[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

@LaurenPanna  Your guess totally makes sense to me about why RYW likely did that for the army and for ZM's freedom.  The only part that is still throwing me off about ZR is the scene in the evening before ZM's disappearance.  The sects were all celebrating a win against the the Mongolians.  ZM didn't partake and was looking at them from afar then XX comes to meet her.  I am not exactly certain, but it almost seems like ZR saw ZM and XX in that moment.  This is why I think ZR may know more than what she really told WJ.  I could be over-thinking it though.

3 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

@LaurenPanna  Your guess totally makes sense to me about why RYW likely did that for the army and for ZM's freedom.  The only part that is still throwing me off about ZR is the scene in the evening before ZM's disappearance.  The sects were all celebrating a win against the the Mongolians.  ZM didn't partake and was looking at them from afar then XX comes to meet her.  I am not exactly certain, but it almost seems like ZR saw ZM and XX in that moment.  This is why I think ZR may know more than what she really told WJ.  I could be over-thinking it though.

Lol yah me too I also thought I might be overthinking it since the camera did not zoom back to ZR so I'm not sure whether ZR actually saw them or not

4 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Lol yah me too I also thought I might be overthinking it since the camera did not zoom back to ZR so I'm not sure whether ZR actually saw them or not

LOL...same reason for me too.  The camera man/editor is clever!!  Making me think way too hard.

OMG same here! I thought i saw ZZR spotted Minmin leaving with XX to chit chat.

but why cameraman never focus back to her again

I thought that was some sort of Glitches

6 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I want to see eps 49. what is WJ reaction when he saw MinMin again and how will they meet each other.

You know what. This is what I look forward too!

I can imagine when he saw Minmin again ! Teary eye, emotional, agitated and may even scold her cruel for leaving

hahahahhaha I am so looking forward to today, that I kept smiling at work.

please tell me that this is normal

7 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

OMG same here! I thought i saw ZZR spotted Minmin leaving with XX to chit chat.

but why cameraman never focus back to her again

I thought that was some sort of Glitches

You know what. This is what I look forward too!

I can imagine when he saw Minmin again ! Teary eye, emotional, agitated and may even scold her cruel for leaving

hahahahhaha I am so looking forward to today, that I kept smiling at work.

please tell me that this is normal

You not the only one and it normal. Me too, I hope we are normal here. 

• LOL 1

Now that the finale is just around the corner, I am realizing that some of my fave scenes toward the end from past versions will likely not be there.  Aside from WJ's relationship with his parents and godfather, I have always admired his relationship with his great shi-fu.  I hope WJ will see his great shi-fu at least one more time before it all ends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

On YL's headstone, WJ did put "loving wife Zhu Er" then his full name. On ZM's, I don't think you can see what came before the words "Zhao Min", but it was followed by "husband Zhang...".  

The tombstone reads「爱妻赵敏之墓,夫君张无忌立」which translates (roughly) to "Tomb of Beloved Wife Zhao Min, Erected by Husband Zhang Wu Ji".  I've seen this happen in other c-dramas as well.  Even if the couple haven't had their wedding ceremony, it's WJ's way of telling everyone that they already see each other as husband and wife, and there will never be anyone else who could take MM's place in his heart in this lifetime.

• Like 5

Oooh that was really nice surprises

Spoiler

Firstly, thank heavens Min Min refused the wedding, luckily she's smarter than that, WJ is totally a bloody idiot to believe that there's no plot behind the wedding thing.

Secondly, YL already healed but she chose to keep the facade was a nice touch. I don't know whether I'm fine with that but since she choose it herself I can't really fault her for wanting a new start with her father and A Niu Ge Ge by deliberately forgetting her past. Nice job Min Min for catching it though.

Third, XX died to save ZR was fine I guess I don't know why they have to do that just to give advice to ZR to not follow the wrong road again and again? Or Is it to make it even for what they're doing to do Min Min's family? That's a bit mean I think to make both of them orphan, I mean RYW already accept WJ's idea and I think he agrees to retreat(?) RYW also mend his relationship with Min Min

ZR going back to calling WJ as WJ Ge Ge and him calling her ZR Mei Mei, was surprising and I don't know. I feel sad and happy especially when they were walking on the bridge and separated in the middle, feels like a relationship that just ends but also mended.

Min Min throwing away the hairpin and saying that she lost the bet and her father as consequence, damn that was a punch in the gut for WJ.

The only thing I would complain is I feel like WJ still cannot give up everything while Min Min is still the one that give up the most. I guess is that Chinese code of honor where you have to put your country and people above love and personal gain. But I feel like by then WJ can leave as Min Min already said all his subordinates are being arseholes and just using him anyway. And most of the army is being commandeer by ZYZ, even WJ give ZYZ Wu Mu Yi Shu since he is the better general.

It is a bit short though and I feel that they really rush through even the politic side and they really make all the Ming sect arseholes that like to plot behind WJ.

If all the Ming sect people never even talk to WJ about something as important killing RWY, why do they even keep WJ as leader? And also why does WJ still insist that he has to stay with them since they keep plotting behind his back? I get that he feels a responsibility to do it until Yuan emperor is gone from mainland, but it feels like Ming sect is doing well anyway without him, the fact that they keep going around him to do stuffs.

Also the ending is a bit unrealistic :sweatingbullets: I mean historically ZYZ is the emperor so kind of weird they just skip that.  

Also wth Yang Xiao is gone for most of the episodes!! Give me more Yang Xiao!

Overall I feel like they rush through the ending, awesome journey though 8/10

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Like 3

Spoiler

Man... It seems like i'll be one of the first who finished the finales. OMG, all our imaginations here about kisses, first night together, babies, wedding are all in our little 'dirty' minds only. ZWJ remain a gentleman the whole time even when he has plenty of opportunities to do those things. 

Even though i hate RYW death plotted by ZYZ, i can understand why he chose to kill RYW. I mean, who can trust the cease fire promise from mongols. You might trust RYW but WBB??

Not to mention ZWJ is already so much into ZM. If i were Ming sect members i would have been desperate too because our achievements so far are likely to be useless. Better to kill RYW once you had a chance to and confess later to ZWJ to get punishments.

The ending fell rather flat for me because i want more of ZWJ-ZM romance. They spent too much time on politics talk. 

I actually don't mind if they make ZM got amnesia and add 20 more episodes of romance but i think this version of HSDS wanted to emphasize on heroic and nationalism side of the characters. Not bad though, but we still starving here for more joseph and yukee....

You guys who already watched the finale like i did. Can you point out what surprise Yukee was referring to in the final episodes ?? Because i can't figure out which scene ?

7 hours ago, achng said:

The tombstone reads「爱妻赵敏之墓,夫君张无忌立」which translates (roughly) to "Tomb of Beloved Wife Zhao Min, Erected by Husband Zhang Wu Ji".  I've seen this happen in other c-dramas as well.  Even if the couple haven't had their wedding ceremony, it's WJ's way of telling everyone that they already see each other as husband and wife, and there will never be anyone else who could take MM's place in his heart in this lifetime.

Thank you for explaining @achng .  That is very touching and now I know why :).

8 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:
  Hide contents

You guys who already watched the finale like i did. Can you point out what surprise Yukee was referring to in the final episodes ?? Because i can't figure out which scene ?

Same. What’s the surprise? I couldn’t figure it out either.

And yes they could’ve at least add one more kiss scene at the end when they reunited or when WJ found ZM alive. Darn. So stingy! 

17 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Oooh that was really nice surprises

Hide contents

It is a bit short though and I feel that they really rush through even the politic side and they really make all the Ming sect arseholes that like to plot behind WJ.

If all the Ming sect people never even talk to WJ about something as important killing RWY, why do they even keep WJ as leader? And also why does WJ still insist that he has to stay with them since they keep plotting behind his back? I get that he feels a responsibility to do it until Yuan emperor is gone from mainland, but it feels like Ming sect is doing well anyway without him, the fact that they keep going around him to do stuffs.

I think they are keeping ZWJ as icon you know and also all the righteous sect would only join the fight if ZWJ is the leader. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

Same. What’s the surprise? I couldn’t figure it out either.

And yes they could’ve at least add one more kiss scene at the end when they reunited or when WJ found ZM alive. Darn. So stingy! 

Yes,  Yukee got so many kiss scenes in ashes of love to the point that her scenes get boring. The male lead also kind of old unlike Joseph here so i don't understand why. Is it because Joseph was still 20 when they filmed this ? So they want to give him better image. So stingy, agree with you

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I think they are keeping ZWJ as icon you know and also all the righteous sect would only join the fight if ZWJ is the leader. 

Yeah it was definitely as his Tai Shi fu said he is the only one who is able to get everyone to work together. So I think Ming cult kept him for that. 

And i I don’t think I like the last two episodes that much. Too much mellodrama and not enough pay off. 

Also I felt like they should have at least one scene to show him deciding to leave. Cause he didn’t leave right after the cutting of the chair. He left some time after that after he was able to finish the war. 

Finally, YX didn’t even get a proper ending? Disappointing since he is so cool.

The only thing that I kind of like was the mirroring of WJ with YX. When YX was told by his girl to not talk to her again he really didn’t, but WJ was like I don’t care what you think, I  going to find you again no matter what. So unlike YX, he got his happy ending. 

• Like 3

In the eyes of the Ming Sect, I think ZWJ merely served as a figurehead. Someone who is known as the leader, but the ones behind him is the ones pulling the strings. He represented everything the Ming Sect wanted to portray from the outside. So having him serve as the figurehead works out as ZWJ is know as a gentleman with good morals. So if he known as leader, people from the outside would believe it too. I believed in the beginning, they truly did want him to lead them through this rebellion, but slowly realized he was unfit to rule with his entanglements with the Mongolian Princess and every chance to kill her was refuted every time by him. And plus, i don't think this ZWJ is very smart. How he believed that his sect approved this wedding with no strings attached was....come on now, they tried to assassinate her like what, 3-4 times now? Why would you think they would approve now? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

You rock!!!  

My teeth are hurting from how much sweat and bitter the is here!!  Eeee!  Amazing angst and love!  Thanks for sharing!

Also think both Joseph and Yukee look great on house back,  not all actors look as comfortable and postured.  Totally appropriate for ZM since she is Mongolian nobility! :)

Love ZM's 

Spoiler

Before I could love you without a backward glance,  now I can also leave you with a backward glance.  I'm only sorry that I lost my father's life in my gamble!

She's awesome :)

Finally, and most of all, 'm ambivalent about their kisses,  but I ADORE their bone melting, teeth-rottingly sweet, HUGS!!  You can almost feel the warmth, love, comfort and full and total abandonment into the moment rolling off of them through the hugs!  [5 minutes of undignified fangirl squealing commences]

• Like 1
  • LOL 4