[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

5 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

The only thing that I kind of like was the mirroring of WJ with YX. When YX was told by his girl to not talk to her again he really didn’t, but WJ was like I don’t care what you think, I  going to find you again no matter what. So unlike YX, he got his happy ending. 

Agreee .... I also felt weird when JXF told YX not to search for her, YX just do it and went on with life. If i was YX i would just kidnap JXF back to GMD lock her for several months/years until she clear  her head. I mean, she's pregnant anyway she will not do suicide to kill herself and baby. But i guess he got Ming Sect to keep him busy and also YX love Ming Sect too much and he just can't bear to resign from his advisor post. Different with ZWJ who reluctantly become a leader but went on with it because of his nationalism side. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Agreee .... I also felt weird when JXF told YX not to search for her, YX just do it and went on with life. If i was YX i would just kidnap JXF back to GMD lock her for several months/years until she clear  her head. I mean, she's pregnant anyway she will not do suicide to kill herself and baby. But i guess he got Ming Sect to keep him busy and also YX love Ming Sect too much and he just can't bear to resign from his advisor post. Different with ZWJ who reluctantly become a leader but went on with it because of his nationalism side. 

More like young love lol. YX and JXF are both mature adult with pragmatist view while ZWJ and MM are two young adult that has a very difficult relationship to be together, they won't give up just yet if there's evena slight chance since they do know they love each other.

• Like 2

I also do think we need a bonus episode.. That really shown reunion of ZWJ and ZM.. The long talks they should have about wht hv happened after they got separated.. and wht happen after.. it could just be another additional 10 mins or so.. Really wished we can see their blissful, happy, and lovey reunion with each other.. 

• Love 1

So... i think mine is the unpopular opinion, but i hate this version. Too much, er how do i said it, romance? I mean i feel like watching a romantic drama, not a wuxia story. It started good, then gone meh. Someone here said they won’t mind 20 more episode of romance and make ZM amnesia? Oh the horror... (for me)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, aoife86 said:

So... i think mine is the unpopular opinion, but i hate this version. Too much, er how do i said it, romance? I mean i feel like watching a romantic drama, not a wuxia story. It started good, then gone meh. Someone here said they won’t mind 20 more episode of romance and make ZM amnesia? Oh the horror... (for me)

Nah I also don't want 20 more eps of romance. The problem personally for me is they intertwined the politic and romance together this last 4 eps and the pay off kind of lackluster. It's like they just ram through everything, just to get to the end

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

In the eyes of the Ming Sect, I think ZWJ merely served as a figurehead. Someone who is known as the leader, but the ones behind him is the ones pulling the strings. He represented everything the Ming Sect wanted to portray from the outside. So having him serve as the figurehead works out as ZWJ is know as a gentleman with good morals. So if he known as leader, people from the outside would believe it too. I believed in the beginning, they truly did want him to lead them through this rebellion, but slowly realized he was unfit to rule with his entanglements with the Mongolian Princess and every chance to kill her was refuted every time by him. And plus, i don't think this ZWJ is very smart. How he believed that his sect approved this wedding with no strings attached was....come on now, they tried to assassinate her like what, 3-4 times now? Why would you think they would approve now? 

Yeah, why do you think this ZWJ accuse ZM murdered YL, stole sword and sabre and left them alive ? Smart ZWJ will think that if this is ZM they would have been burned alive and turned to ashes by morning. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

More like young love lol. YX and JXF are both mature adult with pragmatist view while ZWJ and MM are two young adult that has a very difficult relationship to be together, they won't give up just yet if there's evena slight chance since they do know they love each other.

I think JXF is very young when she met mature adult YX. Both they are both too damn proud of their own brands. YX seems enjoy the advisor title and JXF with her righteous emei and master. If they both can leave everything behind YBH would be happier kid. 

I just realized YBH and JXF both daughter and mother loved much older men. Wow, such a trait. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

LOL, agree with everyone here.  The ending was a bit rushed, not surprising as I heard the series was originally 54 episodes but they had to cut a bunch of scenes to fit it into 50 episodes (not sure what's up with all the restrictions).

Overall, I'm glad that WJ and MM got a happy ending.  After Yukee mentioned there being a "surprise", I saw some fans speculating that it may be a tragic ending where the scene of them twirling and riding horses together was WJ's dream only and he was still searching for her all the way to his death.  *Whew* thank goodness the scriptwriters did not drop a bombshell and go that route-_-

It's cute they keep promoting their drama on Weibo.  In screenshot below, Joseph says "Add oil Minmin, wait for me at the grasslands".  Yukee replies, "Yes we will twirl in circles together":wub:

005NTknlly1g260x99p4dj30ku112tdr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, aoife86 said:

Personally, I don't hate this hate version, but I totally agree with you that there's too much focus on the romance side that muddles the great wuxia story that it originally is (sigh).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, aoife86 said:

6 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Nah I also don't want 20 more eps of romance. The problem personally for me is they intertwined the politic and romance together this last 4 eps and the pay off kind of lackluster. It's like they just ram through everything, just to get to the end

Hey don't blame me. I'm just desperate for more Yukee and Joseph. The show give us many baits you know but with no execution at all. :D

It doesn't have to be amnesia though. Anything to fulfill our void of feeling after all the looongg revolution talks. 

22 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

WJ making the box with the same pattern as the original and lying about the hairpin not with him is a nice touch though gotta admit. I just want more that kind of stupid richard simmons before it ends:bawling:

Yes, when he met her in the morning ZM asked what happened to him because his face just look 'stupid' with all smiles and happy face. ZWJ just replied that she's so beautiful. Hehehe....:D

• Like 3

After watching the trailers and reading everyone comments, i kinda have less expectations 

Was hoping the WJ Minmin ending to be much much sweeter!! 

And no, i have not watch haha 

5 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Hey don't blame me. I'm just desperate for more Yukee and Joseph. The show give us many baits you know but with no execution at all. :D

It doesn't have to be amnesia though. Anything to fulfill our void of feeling after all the looongg revolution talks. 

I want too hahaha more yukee and Joseph pls

20 minutes ago, aoife86 said:

You probably aren't the only person it's just that there are too many of us phlebian ahjummas/fangirls who are numerous and loud... ;)... I like wuxia for the cool and honor-code, but I'm totally guilty of being a sucker for good angst.[I admit there were points this show went too far even for me, but overall they did such a good job I'm still sold!]

You should rewatch GMD to remind yourself of the parts you like, at least I really liked that part for the wuxia'ness of it! :)

[I'm a HSDS evangelist and support everyone enjoying the parts of HSDS they love often!]

• Like 2

I agree with everyone here about the payoff. All this drama would only be worth it if WJ dramatically left everything even when the war was still going - it would be a huge gesture from him since we know how guilt-trippable he is, and how he insists on keeping even the most stupid promise (marrying girls he didn't love, twice). 

I think the writer struggles with having an ending that feels epic enough. In the novel, the climax seems to be the Shaolin arc, after that it just kinda meanders for a while with not much going on. The reason why WJ left Ming sect in the novel also seems random (Zhu Yuan Zhang pretended to poison him, he got disappointed). In a way upping ZYZ's scheming level makes WJ's final decision to leave more compelling, but at the same time like you all said, we were robbed of that actual decision process. He was gonna leave after the war was done anyway, what did ZYZ's plot of killing ZM's dad even add? Maybe in this way, with all the most important people in their lives gone, they can truly be together unburdened. I don't dislike the concept of this ending, it's the execution that leaves much to be desired.

Re: kiss and whatnot, I've always thought him drawing her eyebrows was the most romantic gesture. The simplicity of her request, the intimacy, and the implication that he'd be by her side forever to do this, is what does it for me :)

I'm of the probably controversial school of thought that marriage is just a social contract to protect people, and having kids was an economic necessity (more labor, back when we didn't have machines), so I'm perfectly happy with no wedding and no kid. Commitment is more important, and we know that they're committed.

Re: YX, ommmggg where was YX in all of this?! I'm happy he wasn't involved in the s***ty plotting so he could remain Top Boss in terms of being Hot & Perfect, but I need YX on my screen! Re: YX & JXF, I think he knew how stubborn she was, and how committed she was to Er Mei, so if he had tried to find her, she'd probably kill herself or something like that. He also knew that being together would make JXF truly miserable. So I'm happy he respected her wish.

As for WJ and ZM, she's free and unburdened from everything, and already has the tendency to tell WJ to "go away" without ever really meaning it, so I think in this case WJ has better grounds to ignore her request and go find her.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Yeah I wish we could get 1 more episode (sigh)

11 minutes ago, achng said:

LOL, agree with everyone here.  The ending was a bit rushed, not surprising as I heard the series was originally 54 episodes but they had to cut a bunch of scenes to fit it into 50 episodes (not sure what's up with all the restrictions).

Overall, I'm glad that WJ and MM got a happy ending.  After Yukee mentioned there being a "surprise", I saw some fans speculating that it may be a tragic ending where the scene of them twirling and riding horses together was WJ's dream only and he was still searching for her all the way to his death.  *Whew* thank goodness the scriptwriters did not drop a bombshell and go that route-_-

It's cute they keep promoting their drama on Weibo.  In screenshot below, Joseph says "Add oil Minmin, wait for me at the grasslands".  Yukee replies, "Yes we will twirl in circles together":wub:

005NTknlly1g260x99p4dj30ku112tdr.jpg

Thanks for sharing!  

Ok, I have to say that it is pretty minimal for fanservice, but I'll take what they've got to give! [And my expectations of how fond the leads are of each other is realistically low :) ]

4 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

After watching the trailers and reading everyone comments, i kinda have less expectations 

Was hoping the WJ Minmin ending to be much much sweeter!! 

And no, i have not watch haha 

I want too hahaha more yukee and Joseph pls

Me too, need more WJ-MinMin sweet scenes. Not enough....I was expect that they have some sweet talk at the end. 

18 minutes ago, aoife86 said:

God if she has amnesia I would have just thrown my phone across the room. This isn’t supposed to be a purely romance story only. QY himself said so. 

I think wuxia story is muddled but not by romance. It was muddled by all that political intrigue. It’s the political intrigue that causes all that angst in ZM and WJ relationship, none of it existed in the original. 

• Like 5