[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

16 minutes ago, achng said:

LOL, agree with everyone here.  The ending was a bit rushed, not surprising as I heard the series was originally 54 episodes but they had to cut a bunch of scenes to fit it into 50 episodes (not sure what's up with all the restrictions).

It's cute they keep promoting their drama on Weibo.  In screenshot below, Joseph says "Add oil Minmin, wait for me at the grasslands".  Yukee replies, "Yes we will twirl in circles together":wub:

005NTknlly1g260x99p4dj30ku112tdr.jpg

I wish they cut more of the beginning. There was like 15 eps of background and childhood story, while it fleshes out a lot of characters most of them end up dead early anyway so....

• Like 1

@insertusernamehere i think the show wanted us to think that ZWJ left Ming Sect without saying goodbye. He just left like that because they are plotting everything behind his back anyway. ZWJ just preached his last words before slashing the throne as a way to announce that after the foreigners are gone then the job is done. Ming sect is forbidden to have political move after revolution is over. If in the future the new ruler is corrupted as well then Ming sect is obligated to overthrown him too. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Ah.... for those who need more,  there's always fanfiction! :) #Everyone_gets_the_story_they_want

The problem sometimes fanfic failed to stick to the character. Some fanfic i read made ZWJ suddenly smarter or more flirty, or ZM less bratty, i just can't follow. You know it will destroy the continuation of the story. 

15 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

I wish they cut more of the beginning. There was like 15 eps of background and childhood story, while it fleshes out a lot of characters most of them end up dead early anyway so....

Yes, i agree with you. I wish they cut the Zhu family story, because i think it's too long and unnecessary. Also about SQS crush on ZZR geez so many scenes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dramagirlslove said:

In lightheartedness, did you see how happy ZWJ was when he thought he was gonna get to marry ZM? 

Yes, grinning from ear to ear. Foolishly happy when his uncle gave his approval, i was like 'OMG, you believe that after all the REJECTION'. Also the wedding also very lame, thank god ZM rejected the idea. I mean better elope with no wedding at all than having this.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

In lightheartedness, did you see how happy ZWJ was when he thought he was gonna get to marry ZM? 

Yes, of course he get to marry MinMIn the one that he love and you can tell the BIG smiles on his face.

10 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Yes, grinning from ear to ear. Foolishly happy when his uncle gave his approval, i was like 'OMG, you believe that after all the REJECTION'. Also the wedding also very lame, thank god ZM rejected the idea. I mean better elope with no wedding at all than having this.

Everyone especially ZYZ look like faking their happiness for him, except ZWJ smiling happily. Even ZM can tell they don't mean it

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362180512128409

For me

- wuji and ming cult chase mongol away

- wuji go to find min min in mongol and being mongolian?

- so why must chase mongol away?

I have watched so many version of these hsds. But this end very funny for me.

5 minutes ago, Rinmei said:

For me

i'm happy with this ending at least NO zzr jump in from no where. Just WJ-MinMin better than WJ can't find MinMin.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rinmei said:

For me

I don't think they stay in mongol. The ending and prior eps already implied they will travel the world together with ZWJ as a healer and ZM accompany him. Both leave their status behind to become commoner forever.

• Like 1

I guess I might again be in the differing opinions on this version overall ;) But i love this version!  I have watched several versions of hsds and this is the first that got me so emotionally invested :sweatingbullets:. Sure,  the pacing should be Focusing more on the later and finale arcs and many aspects can be improved, and the cuttings can be better  but I take what I have and I am pleased with the overall execution of this version. My favorite version,  even more than 1986 and 2000.:kiss_closed:

Spoilers ahead!!! 

I really love this ZM.  In the last episode, she really shows the anger and betrayed looks really well. The fact that she can let go of WJ emphasis her loyalty to her father and family,  something that somehow lacked in the previous versions. She has this pride as her father's daughter, and when her father was brought down like that,  she stood by her family and able to let go of WJ,  the man she has loved and sacrificed so much. This make her more matured to me,  not just a wide eyed,  drunk in love youngster. She can love him but she can also let go of him.

She is indeed a very smart lady who can see through the schemes of the Ming members. Marrying WJ would be her dream, I am sure,  but she can really see through the ruse. Aargh.. So much reasons for me to love this version ZM:wub: 

I think killing RYW was a necessity in the eyes of the Ming members. He is a war general, he and eventually WBB commanded troops and troops of armies. They are the fortress that protects their dynasty.  Ming members need to take him down to reduce the strength of the Yuan army before they can target/weaken the emperor and eventually brought down the dynasty.

This plot actually make me despise the members of the Ming sect in the story. Hsds theme that stuck with me is that the good wasn't necessarily good while the bad wasn't necessarily bad,  and this plot actually an example for that.  Ming members resort to such underhanded tactic to advance their agenda, when WJ has been trying to steer them to better path (i think).  It rankled me to see how They resort to underhanded method to gain their goal.  Even ZM said so, her biggest anger was that her father,  the military general was ambushed not in the war,  but by underhanded and unfair method. 

I also thought that WJ didn't just leave because he is bound by his promise as the leader in the fight. To make clean cut with his duties,  he needs to first finish the tasks before he can join ZM peacefully. This actually feel better for me,  since it actually shows the maturity of this version ZM and WJ. They don't just drop everything and cut clean from their families or roots in the middle of the fights.  Even ZM,  despites all her sacrifices, she still doesn't abandon her root as RYW daughter. 

I really like Yinli here too.  At least she's happier here and her interactions with ZM are so sweet. 

I also love the fact that WJ came to Wudang when he was troubled (I guess).  I always felt in this story,  Wudang is the one that can truly support him without much baggage or string attached. Of course,  the uncles and grand shifu have their own wishes for WJ too,  but I felt their love, respect, and care for him are more genuine than Ming members who seem to want too much of him. 

Now I want to gush about ZM and WJ: :lol:

I looove the scene when WJ was closing his eyes as he was about to push the paper lantern boat bearing ZM name. It truly shows his sadness and how he must have missed her. When he barged into the room,  he looks so cool there. These two actor and actress really need to get togteher in another project asap.  Their chemistry is no joke.

Regarding the surprise, I thought some said that Yukee said the ending will be different instead of surprise?  (i might remember wrongly though). I thought the ending is indeed different from the previous versions. Instead of traveling the world together, this time WJ has to travel the distance to find her after the war is won.

Aargh... I am going to re-watch again and again.  

Peace all

Edited to add:

WJ was smiling so widely when he was walking toward ZM after he found her again,  when he wanted to give her the hairpin before ZM planned to leave. He also smiled so happily when he brought ZM to the Ming headquarters and when he was so ready to start his and MM's wedding ceremony. He smiled so widely there that his teeth were showing,  seemed different than his previous almost wedding.  ;)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

I guess I might again be in the differing opinions on this version overall ;) But i love this version!  I have watched several versions of hsds and this is the first that got me so emotionally invested :sweatingbullets:. Sure,  the pacing should be Focusing more on the later and finale arcs and many aspects can be improved, and the cuttings can be better  but I take what I have and I am pleased with the overall execution of this version. My favorite version,  even more than 1986 and 2000.:kiss_closed:

Spoilers ahead!!! 

I really love this ZM.  In the last episode, she really shows the anger and betrayed looks really well. The fact that she can let go of WJ emphasis her loyalty to her father and family,  something that somehow lacked in the previous versions. She has this pride as her father's daughter, and when her father was brought down like that,  she stood by her family and able to let go of WJ,  the man she has loved and sacrificed so much. This make her more matured to me,  not just a wide eyed,  drunk in love youngster. She can love him but she can also let go of him.

She is indeed a very smart lady who can see through the schemes of the Ming members. Marrying WJ would be her dream, I am sure,  but she can really see through the ruse. Aargh.. So much reasons for me to love this version ZM:wub: 

I think killing RYW was a necessity in the eyes of the Ming members. He is a war general, he and eventually WBB commanded troops and troops of armies. They are the fortress that protects their dynasty.  Ming members need to take him down to reduce the strength of the Yuan army before they can target/weaken the emperor and eventually brought down the dynasty.

This plot actually make me despise the members of the Ming sect in the story. Hsds theme that stuck with me is that the good wasn't necessarily good while the bad wasn't necessarily bad,  and this plot actually an example for that.  Ming members resort to such underhanded tactic to advance their agenda, when WJ has been trying to steer them to better path (i think).  It rankled me to see how They resort to underhanded method to gain their goal.  Even ZM said so, her biggest anger was that her father,  the military general was ambushed not in the war,  but by underhanded and unfair method. 

I also thought that WJ didn't just leave because he is bound by his promise as the leader in the fight. To make clean cut with his duties,  he needs to first finish the tasks before he can join ZM peacefully. This actually feel better for me,  since it actually shows the maturity of this version ZM and WJ. They don't just drop everything and cut clean from their families or roots in the middle of the fights.  Even ZM,  despites all her sacrifices, she still doesn't abandon her root as RYW daughter. 

I really like Yinli here too.  At least she's happier here and her interactions with ZM are so sweet. 

I also love the fact that WJ came to Wudang when he was troubled (I guess).  I always felt in this story,  Wudang is the one that can truly support him without much baggage or string attached. Of course,  the uncles and grand shifu have their own wishes for WJ too,  but I felt their love, respect, and care for him are more genuine than Ming members seem to want too much of him. 

Now I want to gush about ZM and WJ: :lol:

I looove the scene when WJ was closing his eyes as he was about to push the paper lantern boat bearing ZM name. It truly shows his sadness and how he must have missed her. When he barged into the room,  he looks so cool there. These two actor and actress really need to get togteher in another project asap.  Their chemistry is no joke.

Regarding the surprise, I thought some said that Yukee said the ending will be different instead of surprise?  (i might remember wrongly though). I thought the ending is indeed different from the previous versions. Instead of traveling the world together, this time WJ has to travel the distance to find her after the war is won.

Aargh... I am going to re-watch again and again.  

Peace all

I like your emphasize this version and I agreed with you in all. I have watched most of the HSDS and I like this 2019 the most and so far the best of all HSDS. I personal think that Joseph & Yukee have good chemistry and hope to see them pair up again soon.

I just feel that WJ have this special Eyes when he look at MinMin and nobody else. It's like his eyes do all the talking of his feeling toward MinMin.

• Like 2