Cast:

Zeng Shun Xi 

Chen Yu Qi

Li Dong Xue

Yang Ming Na

Kathy Chow 

Louis Fan

Synopsis:

This is the last part of the trilogy which began with Legend of the Condor Heroes and continued in Return of the Condor Heroes. Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre took place nearly 100 years after the events of Return of the Condor Heroes in a China ruled by the Mongolian Yuan Dynasty. 

Legend said that whoever obtains the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Saber can rule the world. Zhang Wuji was orphaned at a young age by schemes to discover secrets of these two weapons. Despite his preference to live a non-violent life, Wuji found himself embroiled in the struggles for power and must fight to save himself and others he loves...

~~ Based on the popular novel by Jin Yong (Louis Cha).

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记 English Subbed Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Finally a thread for this, thank you! 

The male lead for Zhang WuZi look cute, but i cant find where is Zhao Min. 

Yeah, personally for me much more AWESOME than these Romance dramas! This has Romance and actual Wuxia!!

• Like 3

I am always up for a new version of YTTLJ (my favourite of the Condor Trilogy)... even with the harem... ;) and the newest adaptation Legend of the Condor Heroes was quite decent. I know Wuji's family tragedy and childhood is crucial backstory but I hope they don't drag it out too long. 

I'm really geed up for this after watching the trailer. The young actor they picked to play Wuji looks age appropriate and I love me some decent hardcore wuxia. The recent spate of xianxia has done nothing for me.

And I really hope that they keep to the older ending... not the new one that Jing Yong came up with in more recent days... Not terribly fond of the ambiguity.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yeah the main character of this last trilogy is the least i like, Zhang WuJi is not assertive in love like Guo Jing and Yang Guo, they only focus on one woman only. Zhang WuJi is too soft hearted. I think my last version of HSDS is Alec Su's :joy:, in fact i only watched Tony Leung's and Alec Su's version of ZWJ and i love Tony Leung's most.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

18 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hiii @40somethingahjumma, how are you doing? Yup, I also want them to use the older ending, not the new one. Love the old ending better. 

In my case, this is actually my least fave out of the trilogy. But, I love the fighting scenes, especially :

Hide contents

the fight in the Bright Peak. Oh that is my most fave part in the novel. The second one is the fight in the Shaolin temple. I saw a BTS of evil ZZR and she looked cool! And she also used a whip, like MCF in LOCH. I'm so waiting for her and ZWJ teaming up using the 2 highest skills in the world. I want to see how they portray them here.

Oh, and I also want to see how they portray that highest skill of the Ming sect. Hope it'll be good. 

Well, there others ..but those are my most favourites. I also hope that they wont use too much slow motion, like the matrix style. I saw some like that in the trailer.

Hi dear, nice to see you here also. ;) I'm well thanks! Hello to @epinklyn also.

I think my feelings about the Condor Trilogy are generally coloured by the versions that I've seen. As someone who has never read the novels, I really liked the last version of YTTLJ... (2008-9) Not a popular opinion I know. ;) For some reason I really liked Deng Cao's Wuji and Ady An's Zhao Min. From what I've heard, that particular Wuji was a lot more decisive on many fronts and less wishy washy where the ladies were concerned. But then Wuji has traditionally been the sort of guy who wants everyone to get along, hold hands and sing kumbaya round the campfire. 

I've enjoyed every version that I've seen for the most part. I was in high school when Tony Leung did his turn and I haven't revisited it. So my recollection of it is dim at best. I think I've watched a bit of the Alec Su one. And then there's the Ma Jing Tao version which I watched in the 90s on VHS :P 

Like everyone else, I like these adaptations for what they do in the fight scenes. It's what I liked about the recent LOCH... fight scenes were very well done. I don't watch these things exclusively for romance (that I don't understand) but if it's well done, it can add an extra dimension to the whole thing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hi dear, nice to see you here also. ;) I'm well thanks! Hello to @epinklyn also.

I think my feelings about the Condor Trilogy are generally coloured by the versions that I've seen. As someone who has never read the novels, I really liked the last version of YTTLJ... (2008-9) Not a popular opinion I know. ;) For some reason I really liked Deng Cao's Wuji and Ady An's Zhao Min. From what I've heard, that particular Wuji was a lot more decisive on many fronts and less wishy washy where the ladies were concerned. But then Wuji has traditionally been the sort of guy who wants everyone to get along, hold hands and sing kumbaya round the campfire. 

I've enjoyed every version that I've seen for the most part. I was in high school when Tony Leung did his turn and I haven't revisited it. So my recollection of it is dim at best. I think I've watched a bit of the Alec Su one. And then there's the Ma Jing Tao version which I watched in the 90s on VHS :P 

Like everyone else, I like these adaptations for what they do in the fight scenes. It's what I liked about the recent LOCH... fight scenes were very well done. I don't watch these things exclusively for romance (that I don't understand) but if it's well done, it can add an extra dimension to the whole thing.

Hi @40somethingahjumma, i think we met in thread Princess Agent? But i was still a lurker back then :P. I have read HSDS novel but a long long time ago, i have forgotten the detail though, so as long as there is no extreme changes, i wont notice. Ah yeah i also focus on fighting scenes, romance yeah should be there but not too much stil okay for me. Actually i watched some clips of Deng Cao's version, i like Ady An as Zhao Min, i like her, she is really good, she is one of taiwan talented actors that came to China entertainment beside Ariel Lin and Wallace Huo. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sava2sava said:

I wtch the TL verison a long time ago. I'm looking forward to this one.. I just hope I can keep from dong comparisons 

Comparisons are inevitable. So there's no need to fight it. It's one of the things that the human mind does naturally. ;)

What I do is treat adaptations as just someone else's interpretation of the source material. Like very expensive fanfiction. It's how I cope with the neverending output of Jane Austen adaptations as well. 

But if this version is good, its strengths will compel us to look at it as a standalone product.

11 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Hi @40somethingahjumma, i think we met in thread Princess Agent? But i was still a lurker back then :P. I have read HSDS novel but a long long time ago, i have forgotten the detail though, so as long as there is no extreme changes, i wont notice. Ah yeah i also focus on fighting scenes, romance yeah should be there but not too much stil okay for me. Actually i watched some clips of Deng Cao's version, i like Ady An as Zhao Min, i like her, she is really good, she is one of taiwan talented actors that came to China entertainment beside Ariel Lin and Wallace Huo. 

Ah... did we? I don't recall. ;) But that drama (PA) still breaks my heart for lost potential.

I'm of the opinion that Ady An was one of the best things about YTTLJ (2009). Not only does she have the charisma and looks, her acting in it was great. The other thing great about 2009 is how well the fight sequences were shot. It's 10 years on and the effects still look watchable. On the other hand, almost everything about 2003 looks ridiculously badly dated by comparison. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Comparisons are inevitable. So there's no need to fight it. It's one of the things that the human mind does naturally. ;)

What I do is treat adaptations as just someone else's interpretation of the source material. Like very expensive fanfiction. It's how I cope with the neverending output of Jane Austen adaptations as well. 

But if this version is good, its strengths will compel us to look at it as a standalone product.

Ah... did we? I don't recall. ;) But that drama (PA) still breaks my heart for lost potential.

I'm of the opinion that Ady An was one of the best things about YTTLJ (2009). Not only does she have the charisma and looks, her acting in it was great. The other thing great about 2009 is how well the fight sequences were shot. It's 10 years on and the effects still look watchable. On the other hand, almost everything about 2003 looks ridiculously badly dated by comparison. :P

Yeah me too, PA's ending really make me dissapointed, after astonished with the whole beautiful story and outstanding casts. I hope i will not encounter another PA in future LOL. Ah yeah i also found the Special Effect from HSDS 2009 was decent. Yeah the 2003 Alec Su's was so bad in special effect, i think it was Taiwan's production? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Thanks!

Nice trailer ..It has too many slow motion in the fighting scenes in the fighting scenes and ZWJ is very ..pretty. Well, the overall looked nice. Strangely I'm looking forward for ZZR and SQS more, just because their fighting scenes looked cool. 

Haha yeah... I agree, too many slow motions! I'm not digging the CGI either. Seriously, producers should just take a page out of LOCH 2017 and make it the basic standard for all Jin Yong forthcoming adaptations. This said, I'd still check this out.

• Love 1