[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I have to rant, doing sub for eps.41. If I don't rant I'll have high blood pressure just from subbing ZR being two-faced ar**, daring to say to ZM " You slander me!" Excuse me! F*** you!! :rage:  orz

So yah have to rant about ZR why she's such a boring antagonist.

@graceeedwardmom But yah Yellow dress lady fight not happening was so disappointing I wish they didn't change that from all the stuff they already changed

I hear ya! That's why I think she got away too easy after she was forced to confess. She lied about it and framed someone else. And even after all that, the entire crowd still believe her, including Ming members. URGH!! 

I was looking forward to ZR vs Yellow Dress Lady fight. It would be the ultimate bad martial arts vs good. 

Hahaha....fun video to shared.  Credited this youtuber!

YSS worried too much for her son,  warning him to beware of beautiful women deceiving him.  The prettier the woman, the more she'll be able to deceive him. It's actually the other way around, ZWJ deceived these 4 beautiful women instead.

• LOL 1

JZ liked a drawing of WJ and MM on the grassland that was re-posted by an instagram user (the pic was originally posted on weibo by the same weibo account that drew beautiful pictures of WJ-MM,  including the mature ones, that I share the links several pages back). I went to this ig user and the pic was posted about 9 hours before (at the time I posted this message). J had liked two  WJ-MM pics so far from this account hahaha. 

Seems like JZ really is a MM-WJ supporter.  How can the WJ-MM shippers and/or the series fans got out of the shipping pit if WJ himself was still inside? Hahaha.  :lol:

All credits to the owners of the pic,  instagram,  weibo,  and any relevant parties please. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4370527978121303

• Like 7
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

JZ liked a drawing of WJ and MM on the grassland that was re-posted by an instagram user (the pic was originally posted on weibo by the same weibo account that drew beautiful pictures of WJ-MM,  including the mature ones, that I share the links several pages back). I went to this ig user and the pic was posted about 9 hours before (at the time I posted this message). J had liked two  WJ-MM pics so far from this account hahaha. 

Seems like JZ really is a MM-WJ supporter.  How can the WJ-MM shippers and/or the series fans got out of the shipping pit if WJ himself was still inside? Hahaha.  :lol:

All credits to the owners of the pic,  instagram,  weibo,  and any relevant parties please. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4370527978121303

Awwww.. he's one of us... one of us... one of us...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 5/9/2019 at 3:43 AM, ildiz said:

OH WOW!! This MV is soooooooooo spectacular! That is amazing editing right there, and I was already hooked from the three promises in the beginning. Truly captures their love (and Wu Ji's love) for her. Thank you so much for sharing!

@2handsintertwined Welcome! I hope you enjoy the drama and feel free to share any thoughts and comments. I love reading everyone's analysis here.

@chipz03 I love Joseph's love for HSDS and WJ/ZM! He is an adorable baby that should be protected at alllll costs. My Forever Wu Ji <3

@yukiyukiku Hi! Thanks to @kimmortal for providing the link. I am happy to see you joining the discussion forum and are looking forward to my next chapters. I will hopefully be posting this weekend (usually try to update weekly), and I always post both here and on Archive of Our Own. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, deminni said:

OH WOW!! This MV is soooooooooo spectacular! That is amazing editing right there, and I was already hooked from the three promises in the beginning. Truly captures their love (and Wu Ji's love) for her. Thank you so much for sharing!

What were the three promises? Loved the mv but couldn’t understand what they were saying.

6 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

What were the three promises? Loved the mv but couldn’t understand what they were saying.

I put it under the spoilers lest new show watchers get spoiled:

Spoiler

It's from the series, how ZM made WJ promise to do three things for her in exchange for saving his Wu Dang Uncles with the medicine in the box and hairpin.

1st promise: Bring her to see Tu Long Dao (Dragon Slaying Sabre), which he did on Snake Island.

2nd promise: Don't marry Zhou Zhi Ruo, which Wu Ji begrudgingly does after she shows him his Yi Fu's locks of golden hair. He has to follow her in order to find out where he is because she knows if she tells him, Wu Ji will just leave her behind to go save his Yi Fu.

3rd promise: Draw in her eyebrows for the rest of his life (meaning "be with me forever" because only husbands do this for their wives).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know Chinese viewers have seen this in the forum, but for Vietnamese fans, there are Viet Subs now!

I am watching it (slowly of course because I suck at reading Viet Subs), and Joseph is seriously so humble and HE LOVES ZHANG WU JI SO MUCH. The dedication and passion and energy he put in this role is told through this "Ted Talk" is what it seems like. I love being able to hear the actor talk about their role, and Wu Ji was meant for Joseph. He's so young, but you can tell he has an old soul, and his dedication towards acting is admirable.

Love this. Must watch! (And yes, he calls her Min Min <3)

He is definitely my Forever Wu Ji.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@deminni This is the better (imho) version "Only for her I'll forego the world" if you haven't see it

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51273572

Ooh! I've seen this one, too! So many great MVs out there about our WJ/ZM. I just love that I can read the translated lyrics to the other one. It adds to the ~ambience~ haha. Please share more for us. I stalked bilibili today for more FMVs haha

Beside the kiss, all these intimacy moments are my favorites.  Aww..They really do love each other a lot.:wub:

Lol...A lot of times they treats the presence of other people invisible.:sweatingbullets:

W9j9D1Y.gif

8Qr6LyW.gif

3JhUswg.gif

YtxsCqY.gif

6wyouv8.gif

IfolezU.gif

PeAQRQw.gif

DQ8652Y.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Does anybody know how long FY has been working for RYW? In eps 41 he at least has been ZM's teacher for 10 years. However based on ZM's conversation with FY seems like FY has been RYW's subordinate much longer than that. Did this ever mentioned in the book how long he's been a secret agent?

Also based on XX's story he's deceased son should be 18 yrs old when WJ was born. So when WJ becomes Ming sect leader,  Ming sect has no leader for at least close to 40 years (if we assume WJ is 22 yr old by then). FY and YX are both hot 60 yr old man hahaha. If my calculation is right anyway. Hope somebody else can help me confirm or clarify it.

Just wondering, because watching ep 41 and later episodes I think FY totally need therapy :sweatingbullets: 

Seems like FY really love ZM or at least because of ZM his last 10 years of life before HSDS start was the happiest for him since ZM is implied to treat him very well even though he's a Han person. But he also got burdened by his responsibility to Ming sect. Sometimes I feel like he got split personality when ZM is in danger he automatically move to save her, but if he remembered his Ming sect he has to switch it back to become ZM's enemy again. Poor guy lol

Cheers.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Does anybody know how long FY has been working for RYW? In eps 41 he at least has been ZM's teacher for 10 years. However based on ZM's conversation with FY seems like FY has been RYW's subordinate much longer than that. Did this ever mentioned in the book how long he's been a secret agent?

Also based on XX's story he's deceased son should be 18 yrs old when WJ was born. So when WJ becomes Ming sect leader,  Ming sect has no leader for at least close to 40 years (if we assume WJ is 22 yr old by then). FY and YX are both hot 60 yr old man hahaha. If my calculation is right anyway. Hope somebody else can help me confirm or clarify it.

Just wondering, because watching ep 41 and later episodes I think FY totally need therapy :sweatingbullets: 

Seems like FY really love ZM or at least because of ZM his last 10 years of life before HSDS start was the happiest for him since ZM is implied to treat him very well even though he's a Han person. But he also got burdened by his responsibility to Ming sect. Sometimes I feel like he got split personality when ZM is in danger he automatically move to save her, but if he remembered his Ming sect he has to switch it back to become ZM's enemy again. Poor guy lol

Cheers

My suggestion is not to count the timeline in Jinyong works. He kinda messed up the whole things with lots of loopholes. You might even suspect XZ is older than ZWJ. Ever since i found out HR is older than GJ, i just stopped. I mean i just enjoy the characterization, the philosophy behind the martial arts he created, the history mixed with fictious character and events. 

FY in this version is not pathetic at all. He knows exactly from the very beginning that his ultimate loyalty is to the Ming Sect. It goes beyond his love to the country, to his disciple ZM, his love PRDG, his leader YDT, or even himself. He scratched his face to be the perfect spy. He did save ZM from beheading but after that he got hidden agenda of his own. He also colluded with other to kill RYW, without YX if you can get FY to say yes then it's 90 percent of success on your hand.

I think he must have some soft spot for ZM but not so significant.

@graceeedwardmom Hahaha all right then, time is probably one of the things author usually tend to trip up on, especially JY wrote this originally as a serial on newspaper. HR older than GJ never bothers me personally, hahaha.

That's a bit oversimplification of FY, he's still human, and if he's that simple I would find him boring which I don't. ZR is boring, FY no. But no wonder JHPP don't want to be with him, he thinks too much of the world, not man-woman love affair even a bit, JHPP at least has more foresight about FY ^_^