Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

 

You brought up an important part that really rings true to me: the suicide attempt. How is it we can let fictional characters get away with schemes like that, but in real life this would be classified as emotional abuse. Can you imagine? Pretending to attempt suicide to manipulate your fiance/husband to do what you want him to do? Or in those modern dramas, pretend to commit suicide because you "can't live without him" to force the guy to choose you over his wife knowing that he'll feel tremendous guilt if you died.

 

ZR can blame her master for forcing her to achieve certain goals, but HOW she obtained those goals was entirely up to her. She could have simply ASKED Wuji to give her back the heavenly sword and to give her the dragon sabre, arguing that they belonged to the Guo and Yang family, which are related to Emei sect. She could have expressed her love to Wuji and see if he feels the same. If, after this declaration of love, he tells her he wants to be with her too then it's entirely on him if he decides to go back on his word. If he thanks her for her love and gently rejects her, then she can focus on glorifying Emei. She could have done everything her master ordered her to do (maybe not kill Wuji), but in an upright and honourable fashion. Heck, if she wanted to attempt to complete everything, she could challenge Wuji to a duel and then lose the fight, still holding her head up high because she tried and failed. Instead, everything she did was schemy, underhanded, manipulative, and wicked. I don't care what her intentions are, but her actions were evil and those speak louder. I just can't ever forgive her for choosing those acts. She's so selfish. She also never apologized to YL for the failed murder.

 

Well said!!  I totally agree with you and that is why I have never liked ZR.  It was good that Yukee Chen did not play ZR because if she was, I probably would not have watched this series.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm completely gobsmacked by the criticisms of young Joseph's performance. So far he's nailed the role in all its essence.  He's probably the most age-appropriate ZWJ that I've seen. And I love how he

About to get sentimental on you guys. I think I've finally realized why I'm borderline obsessed with this version of ZM/ZWJ, as opposed to just being a passerby viewer in the previous versions. This v

@kur4p1k4 thank you kurapika for the information. ZM and ZWJ are indeed the best couple beating all the odds. I think they are representing most of us people so we can feel the love.   

6 hours ago, ildiz said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51881401?from=search&seid=10344290197598284873

 

This MV is amazing!!  :love:

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av49214720/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.1

 

This one is very funny. :lol:

MJ VS ZZR  They are the same person!!?? lol 

 

Oh my goodness, the first MV is a MUST-SEE! Seriously - do not skip it. It is so darn good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vietnamese Fans on FB of HSDS are very strongly about MinMin just like this forum. There no room for ZZR there. I'm so thankful to Lauren for recommended. I'm grateful that I can read Vietnamese and it funny how those fans wrote there.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ildiz said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51881401?from=search&seid=10344290197598284873

 

This MV is amazing!!  :love:

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av49214720/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.1

 

This one is very funny. :lol:

MJ VS ZZR  They are the same person!!?? lol 

So. Much. Feels! :)

 

Thanks for keeping the fire alive... it feels like the show hasn't ended because of all the art and fervor still hanging around!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

The Vietnamese Fans on FB of HSDS are very strongly about MinMin just like this forum. There no room for ZZR there. I'm so thankful to Lauren for recommended. I'm grateful that I can read Vietnamese and it funny how those fans wrote there.

 

Well of course! Our MinMin is so purrrrrrtyyyyyy and so smart. I love her! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

All yeah for ZM! Courageous, smart,  confident, bold, even when she was weak. :mrgreen:

 

I would say the amazing chemistry between JZ and YC played a big role in making the Impact to last longer. In weibo,  the topic (or group,  I am not sure) of Ji Min (from ZWJ and ZM last characters had been in no.  1 (and at time of this posting, still no.  1 in the rank of something related to film and television--at least that's what google translate told me hahaha ). The rank slipped to 2,3, and 4 several weeks back after the show is over but some how it climbed back up to 1 and had been mainly 1st (occasionally drop to 2nd, but so far, it's back to no. 1). This also include other versions ZM and WJ,  but mainly,  and lately,  the postings had been referring to 2019 WJ-ZM pairings. 

 

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=100808b107d2996480025716f12059fba4b0a2&extparam=忌敏&luicode=10000011&lfid=231522type%3D61%26q%3D%23忌敏%23%26t%3D0

 

:lol::mrgreen:

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipz03 said:

All yeah for ZM! Courageous, smart,  confident, bold, even when she was weak. :mrgreen:

 

I would say the amazing chemistry between JZ and YC played a big role in making the Impact to last longer. In weibo,  the topic (or group,  I am not sure) of Ji Min (from ZWJ and ZM last characters had been in no.  1 (and at time of this posting, still no.  1 in the rank of something related to film and television--at least that's what google translate told me hahaha ). The rank slipped to 2,3, and 4 several weeks back after the show is over but some how it climbed back up to 1 and had been mainly 1st (occasionally drop to 2nd, but so far, it's back to no. 1). This also include other versions ZM and WJ,  but mainly,  and lately,  the postings had been referring to 2019 WJ-ZM pairings. 

 

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=100808b107d2996480025716f12059fba4b0a2&extparam=忌敏&luicode=10000011&lfid=231522type%3D61%26q%3D%23忌敏%23%26t%3D0

 

:lol::mrgreen:

Indeed, I myself said it many times too,  it's their amazing chemistry that make a long lasting impacted for our viewers.  If a script and pot line of a drama is excellent but the actor or actress can't convinces or delivers then it basically meaningless. I know I'm being superficial and shallow, but it does help that both Joseph and Yukee are very attractive.  They're so comparable that it's really help us audiences get emotional attached to the characters even though Yukee is about 5 years older.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I heard that MinMin didn't show up on eps 19. from TVB version.

 

Yeah, i think it just a false rumors tactics.  I'm already expected since the TVB version is identical to mainland version except for some cut scenes.  I think our only hope is for the production company to release the DVD un cut version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Yeah, i think it just a false rumors tactics.  I'm already expected since the TVB version is identical to mainland version except for some cut scenes.  I think our only hope is for the production company to release the DVD un cut version.

i just wonder if they cut some scenes and still keep 50 eps. That mean there will be adding some scenes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ildiz said:

https://www.weibo.com/6315203766/Htdodpgd8?type=comment

 

Did you guys see this? It seems that Joseph made a speech and he mentions a lot about HSDS. :heart:

HSDS's ZWJ was his dream role.  He always loves/admired the character of ZWJ. He knew the character so well that he doesn't need to study the script.  At the audition room, he said the other actors were busy memorizing the lines but Joseph himself tried to do some exercise to relieved stress.  He really appreciated the director for choosing him,  being able to acted as ZWJ was the most blissful thing that happened in his 20 years of life.  He said the audition wasn't the worse experiences but the waiting from the casting department phone call is.  Lol...he was so nervous to miss his agent's call, he even bring his phone with him when going to the bathroom. The 150 filming days of hardship is all well worth it. 

 

I feels so bad for him when he mentioned about his acknowledgement of some fans who give him bad criticism about his acting and complained about his big eyes. He almost gave up acting.  Fans should give these young actors/actresses chance to improves.  He's only 21 years old, what do they expect from him.

 

Hopefully someone can translate the whole speech, he sound like a humble guy.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

i just wonder if they cut some scenes and still keep 50 eps. That mean there will be adding some scenes.

I don't think they'll add any scenes since the cuts are very minimal just to fit their 45 min time slot like @kur4p1k4 explained.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wonder if you guys spot the scene where WJ-MinMin was walking and MinMin saw their shadow from the water. She try to move her hand to like they both was holding hand. Did you think WJ see them from the shadow. Because the their shadow is pretty big and I notice that WJ hand was far away from his body. I thought he did it on purpose for MinMin to hold his hand. hahaha

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually being in weibo for weeks, i realise there are many cfans who love Joseph too. In fact i hardly see anyone who complained about him in all the weibo hsds groups I followed. Then I realise it seems like all the complaints come from tieba groups. Then I think i willl not join tieba hahaha 

9 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I think ZR must thank ZM actually for crashing the wedding. If they got married, ZYZ must toppled this couple easily. ZR and WJ will be easily manipulated by others, they are puppet rulers. 

After successful coup by ZYZ, their descendants would be targeted closely by ZYZ. He will make them suffer to the lowest level to make sure they couldn't rise to the top ever. Girls would go to brothel and boys to do hard labor at the borders. 

MJST curses will be fulfilled. Well, ZZR is better be a nun for rest of her life than becoming ZWJ wife.

 

VERY well analyzed

I wish I could put "Lol" and "insightful" at the same time. LOL @ ZZR being a puppet, I can totally imagine her being that 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

TVB audience must be super confused why everybody like YX so much. His voice actor in TVB totally cannot be compared to Lin Yu Shen's voice as YX. It's like half his charm is gone in TVB because of the voice actor :pensive:

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

TVB audience must be super confused why everybody like YX so much. His voice actor in TVB totally cannot be compared to Lin Yu Shen's voice as YX. It's like half his charm is gone in TVB because of the voice actor :pensive:

 

Even without his voice I thought he was super charismatic and cool. But his voice does bring it up a notch! 

@LaurenPanna I miss them. I just rewatched a bunch of their gifs!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what, I hate ZR not because of all the despicable things she did but because she never receive the consequence from all her action. Somehow this ZR in this drama did all those things but she never got the repercussion, but she immediately got redemption, like wth! No wonder I always feel this ZR doesn't have any lasting impression or character, she's just a boring villain. She never bear the consequence. She got whitewashed too much by the director/writer until she got no character at all.

 

Even SQS somehow look better than ZR, he has his fault, attempted rape and poisoning he got the consequence, he got expelled from Wu dang and got 'enslave' by ZR. Then he can get his redemption, when he saved his dad from ZR hands and from battle, he knows he can't go back to Wu dang but he still wants his dad forgiveness most of all

 

Even MJST has better arc than ZR even though she's only in a few episode. MJST is a stubborn old lady that cannot be change to her if you're 'evil' you'll always be 'evil'. The consequence is she died because of her arrogance and stubbornness that she won't accept help from unorthodox sect, which is logical and inevitable from her arc. Does she need redemption? No, because she is exactly like that, to give her redemption is to destroy MJST character. The only road for her character to end is to die.

 

ZR never receive any consequences, it's like everybody just suddenly forgot she did all the bad stuffs. Bloody hell! It infuriates me, because for one of the main character to not be given a complete arc is just sloppy.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

You know what, I hate ZR not because of all the despicable things she did but because she never receive the consequence from all her action. Somehow this ZR in this drama did all those things but she never got the repercussion, but she immediately got redemption, like wth! No wonder I always feel this ZR doesn't have any lasting impression or character, she's just a boring villain. She never bear the consequence. She got whitewashed too much by the director/writer until she got no character at all.

 

Even SQS somehow look better than ZR, he has his fault, attempted rape and poisoning he got the consequence, he got expelled from Wu dang and got 'enslave' by ZR. Then he can get his redemption, when he saved his dad from ZR hands and from battle, he knows he can't go back to Wu dang but he still wants his dad forgiveness most of all

 

Even MJST has better arc than ZR even though she's only in a few episode. MJST is a stubborn old lady that cannot be change to her if you're 'evil' you'll always be 'evil'. The consequence is she died because of her arrogance and stubbornness that she won't accept help from unorthodox sect, which is logical and inevitable from her arc. Does she need redemption? No, because she is exactly like that, to give her redemption is to destroy MJST character. The only road for her character to end is to die.

 

ZR never receive any consequences, it's like everybody just suddenly forgot she did all the bad stuffs. Bloody hell! It infuriates me, because for one of the main character to not be given a complete arc is just sloppy.

 

You are so on point about this. She never received any consequences. She doesn’t even feel sorry for what she did. Arggh. And she got away so easily still with her position of sect leader and wj forgiving her. It doesn’t matter if yl is alive at the end because it still doesn’t justify her actions. The director or writer for zzr made her character kinda gray and let her off too easily. They try to make us feel sorry for her (which I don’t at all) and forgive her. Mehhh. Pass. I don’t quite remember other versions of zzr. Did she get off quite easily too? I liked the 2000 version where she lost her memories. And 2009 version she showed more remorse I think? 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...