[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

19 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I heard that MinMin didn't show up on eps 19. from TVB version.

Yeah, i think it just a false rumors tactics.  I'm already expected since the TVB version is identical to mainland version except for some cut scenes.  I think our only hope is for the production company to release the DVD un cut version.

5 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Yeah, i think it just a false rumors tactics.  I'm already expected since the TVB version is identical to mainland version except for some cut scenes.  I think our only hope is for the production company to release the DVD un cut version.

i just wonder if they cut some scenes and still keep 50 eps. That mean there will be adding some scenes.

11 hours ago, ildiz said:

https://www.weibo.com/6315203766/Htdodpgd8?type=comment

Did you guys see this? It seems that Joseph made a speech and he mentions a lot about HSDS. :heart:

HSDS's ZWJ was his dream role.  He always loves/admired the character of ZWJ. He knew the character so well that he doesn't need to study the script.  At the audition room, he said the other actors were busy memorizing the lines but Joseph himself tried to do some exercise to relieved stress.  He really appreciated the director for choosing him,  being able to acted as ZWJ was the most blissful thing that happened in his 20 years of life.  He said the audition wasn't the worse experiences but the waiting from the casting department phone call is.  Lol...he was so nervous to miss his agent's call, he even bring his phone with him when going to the bathroom. The 150 filming days of hardship is all well worth it. 

I feels so bad for him when he mentioned about his acknowledgement of some fans who give him bad criticism about his acting and complained about his big eyes. He almost gave up acting.  Fans should give these young actors/actresses chance to improves.  He's only 21 years old, what do they expect from him.

Hopefully someone can translate the whole speech, he sound like a humble guy.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

i just wonder if they cut some scenes and still keep 50 eps. That mean there will be adding some scenes.

I don't think they'll add any scenes since the cuts are very minimal just to fit their 45 min time slot like @kur4p1k4 explained.

Just wonder if you guys spot the scene where WJ-MinMin was walking and MinMin saw their shadow from the water. She try to move her hand to like they both was holding hand. Did you think WJ see them from the shadow. Because the their shadow is pretty big and I notice that WJ hand was far away from his body. I thought he did it on purpose for MinMin to hold his hand. hahaha

• Like 3

Actually being in weibo for weeks, i realise there are many cfans who love Joseph too. In fact i hardly see anyone who complained about him in all the weibo hsds groups I followed. Then I realise it seems like all the complaints come from tieba groups. Then I think i willl not join tieba hahaha 

9 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I think ZR must thank ZM actually for crashing the wedding. If they got married, ZYZ must toppled this couple easily. ZR and WJ will be easily manipulated by others, they are puppet rulers. 

After successful coup by ZYZ, their descendants would be targeted closely by ZYZ. He will make them suffer to the lowest level to make sure they couldn't rise to the top ever. Girls would go to brothel and boys to do hard labor at the borders. 

MJST curses will be fulfilled. Well, ZZR is better be a nun for rest of her life than becoming ZWJ wife.

VERY well analyzed

I wish I could put "Lol" and "insightful" at the same time. LOL @ ZZR being a puppet, I can totally imagine her being that 

• Like 2

TVB audience must be super confused why everybody like YX so much. His voice actor in TVB totally cannot be compared to Lin Yu Shen's voice as YX. It's like half his charm is gone in TVB because of the voice actor :pensive:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

TVB audience must be super confused why everybody like YX so much. His voice actor in TVB totally cannot be compared to Lin Yu Shen's voice as YX. It's like half his charm is gone in TVB because of the voice actor :pensive:

Even without his voice I thought he was super charismatic and cool. But his voice does bring it up a notch! 

@LaurenPanna I miss them. I just rewatched a bunch of their gifs!

• Like 1

You know what, I hate ZR not because of all the despicable things she did but because she never receive the consequence from all her action. Somehow this ZR in this drama did all those things but she never got the repercussion, but she immediately got redemption, like wth! No wonder I always feel this ZR doesn't have any lasting impression or character, she's just a boring villain. She never bear the consequence. She got whitewashed too much by the director/writer until she got no character at all.

Even SQS somehow look better than ZR, he has his fault, attempted rape and poisoning he got the consequence, he got expelled from Wu dang and got 'enslave' by ZR. Then he can get his redemption, when he saved his dad from ZR hands and from battle, he knows he can't go back to Wu dang but he still wants his dad forgiveness most of all

Even MJST has better arc than ZR even though she's only in a few episode. MJST is a stubborn old lady that cannot be change to her if you're 'evil' you'll always be 'evil'. The consequence is she died because of her arrogance and stubbornness that she won't accept help from unorthodox sect, which is logical and inevitable from her arc. Does she need redemption? No, because she is exactly like that, to give her redemption is to destroy MJST character. The only road for her character to end is to die.

ZR never receive any consequences, it's like everybody just suddenly forgot she did all the bad stuffs. Bloody hell! It infuriates me, because for one of the main character to not be given a complete arc is just sloppy.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

You know what, I hate ZR not because of all the despicable things she did but because she never receive the consequence from all her action. Somehow this ZR in this drama did all those things but she never got the repercussion, but she immediately got redemption, like wth! No wonder I always feel this ZR doesn't have any lasting impression or character, she's just a boring villain. She never bear the consequence. She got whitewashed too much by the director/writer until she got no character at all.

Even SQS somehow look better than ZR, he has his fault, attempted rape and poisoning he got the consequence, he got expelled from Wu dang and got 'enslave' by ZR. Then he can get his redemption, when he saved his dad from ZR hands and from battle, he knows he can't go back to Wu dang but he still wants his dad forgiveness most of all

Even MJST has better arc than ZR even though she's only in a few episode. MJST is a stubborn old lady that cannot be change to her if you're 'evil' you'll always be 'evil'. The consequence is she died because of her arrogance and stubbornness that she won't accept help from unorthodox sect, which is logical and inevitable from her arc. Does she need redemption? No, because she is exactly like that, to give her redemption is to destroy MJST character. The only road for her character to end is to die.

ZR never receive any consequences, it's like everybody just suddenly forgot she did all the bad stuffs. Bloody hell! It infuriates me, because for one of the main character to not be given a complete arc is just sloppy.

You are so on point about this. She never received any consequences. She doesn’t even feel sorry for what she did. Arggh. And she got away so easily still with her position of sect leader and wj forgiving her. It doesn’t matter if yl is alive at the end because it still doesn’t justify her actions. The director or writer for zzr made her character kinda gray and let her off too easily. They try to make us feel sorry for her (which I don’t at all) and forgive her. Mehhh. Pass. I don’t quite remember other versions of zzr. Did she get off quite easily too? I liked the 2000 version where she lost her memories. And 2009 version she showed more remorse I think? 

• Like 4

@kur4p1k4 @AppleBanana

That's right. It was supposed to be Yellow Dress Maiden role to give ZZR a lesson. Just a slap or two will satisfy me but this show urrghhhh they killed me, they just treat YDM as fashion show models.

I'm so pissed because we can't expect ZWJ to do that as he got too much guilt for taking ZZR this far. Nobody else on the show is stronger than ZZR other than those two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have to rant, doing sub for eps.41. If I don't rant I'll have high blood pressure just from subbing ZR being two-faced ar**, daring to say to ZM " You slander me!" Excuse me! F*** you!! :rage:  orz

So yah have to rant about ZR why she's such a boring antagonist.

@graceeedwardmom But yah Yellow dress lady fight not happening was so disappointing I wish they didn't change that from all the stuff they already changed

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, penforella said:

I sometimes amaze that everyone still here discussing the tiniest plot details. I think it was still on 50 odd pages when the last episode aired :wub:

Yeah everyone is still under the drain and couldn't climb up. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I have to rant, doing sub for eps.41. If I don't rant I'll have high blood pressure just from subbing ZR being two-faced ar**, daring to say to ZM " You slander me!" Excuse me! F*** you!! :rage:  orz

So yah have to rant about ZR why she's such a boring antagonist.

@graceeedwardmom But yah Yellow dress lady fight not happening was so disappointing I wish they didn't change that from all the stuff they already changed

As I only remember the 86th version, does in the other versions ZR also act as bad in this shameless i'm a victim holier-than-thou way?

On 5/3/2019 at 9:56 AM, deminni said:

This chapter was really fun to write! I'd never written action scenes before, so it was a bit of a struggle there haha. Sorry if it's weird and choppy at parts. Also, Chapter 5 is half-written and a future chapter has also been started, because again, I didn't intend for this to go on for more than a few chapters, but it has grown into something of a sequel instead of just a revised ending?

I have lots more ideas for this story, and hopefully can get them onto paper as soon as I can. Thank you to everyone who has commented, liked, and is just generally enjoying this! (I'm starting to feel bad for what I'm doing to Wu Ji lololol)

Title: Fortunately

Chapter 4:

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

--

“Would you continue to look for three more years? What if you never find her again?”

She is particularly inquisitive here, and Wu Ji can relate; he’s asked himself these questions often in the beginning. What if I find her and she doesn’t forgive me? What if I have to spend the rest of my life looking for her? What if all this is for nothing?

Wu Ji’s resolve has long been steeled.

aytl1Kx.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Wu Ji gets up early just as the sun is peaking out from behind the desert hills on the horizon. The skies are a light wash of blue, and blue, as Wu Ji has become acquainted to, is his favorite color.

He ties the handkerchief around his wrist, concealing it beneath his top sleeve and puts on the rest of his thin cotton layers.

Wu Ji can smell da shum’s food as he steps out into the field. After he feeds Ping On, who unsurprisingly has taken well to having proper shelter, meals, and grassland to roam, Wu Ji is lured to the outdoor kitchen by the smell of delicious cooking.

Da shum greets him with a big smile. “Zhang da fu, you are up early!”

Wu Ji stretches a bit as he says, “Da shum, please call me Wu Ji. There is no need for formalities between us.”

She doesn’t look up from meticulously dicing the vegetables, but she conveys her sincerity through the gentleness of her voice. “I call you Zhang da fu out of respect because it has been so wonderful with you here. I know you have been hard at work not just on the fields, but also looking for herbals for us old folks, and we are so grateful for you.”

“No, it is da shum and da ye who have helped me so much since I’ve come. Wu Ji doesn’t know how I can repay your kindness.”

“You can repay me by eating all of this food!” She throws the vegetables into the sizzling wok. “Wu Ji ah, you are too thin. I can’t imagine it being easy traveling all by yourself. If da shum doesn’t fatten you up, your wife might come find me and make me pay for mistreating her husband!”

At this, Wu Ji chuckles ruefully and looks down at his hands. “She might still be so mad, she won’t care.” It's my fault she left. I deserve this.

He hears her put down the spatula and looks up to see da shum’s face soften. She is looking at him like she understands, and Wu Ji feels the need to avoid her eyes.

“Wh-what can I help you with today, da shum?” He picks up a daikon and holds it awkwardly.

Da shum laughs kindly and takes the vegetable from him. “You can help me set the table. It is just us this morning.” She goes back to finish sautéing the veggies. “Your da ye is not feeling well and is sleeping in. You can take a break today, Wu Ji.”

“Sick? Is he okay? I can check his pulse and see what’s wrong.”

“No no, no need. It’s just old people things. You can check after we eat. Let him sleep. Now come.” She takes two plates of food into the main yurt and Wu Ji follows with two bowls of congee and utensils.

He takes the first sip of congee and is thankful for another day of da shum’s cooking. As he eats, Wu Ji can sense the weight of her eyes on him, glancing his way every other bite.

“Wu Ji, I notice you wear a blue handkerchief around your wrist. By any chance is it from your wife?”

He nods and glimpses at the fabric peeking out from beneath the layers.

“Before she left, she had embroidered it for me.”

He takes several more scoops of congee successively, suddenly anxious.

Da shum is oddly contemplative, like she has many things to say and tell and ask.

“Wu Ji, I don’t mean to be pry…” Wu Ji has a feeling he knows what she is about to ask.

“…but to look for your wife for almost three years is no small feat. I know she is stubborn--" She pauses. "To not see you for three years must be tough for her, too. What had happened?"

“I—da shum…”

She puts her spoon down and earnestly waits for Wu Ji to continue. “Wu Ji ah, tell da shum and maybe this old lady can still be of help. If nothing else, it might be good to just talk about it instead of holding it all in.”

Wu Ji hesitates, not because he does not trust her, but because it has been so long. Ever since she left, ever since Wudang Mountains, he has not uttered a single word to anyone about her parting.

Fan Yao had been the only person who knew the full extent of the story having been in on and witnessing the plot come to fruition, and he was also the only person remotely concerned about her after the fact, but at that point, Wu Ji had resolved to absolutely not talking about it.

He was not going to share how he tried to plead for her to stay. Even when he knew that was impossible, he begged her to wait for him, that he was going to fulfill the promises he had made to her.

“I’m asking you for the last time. Are you leaving or not?”

Wu Ji has never seen her look at him this way. She had been angry with him before, for not trusting her and for denying his feelings for her, but never like this. There is finality in her eyes that chilled him to the bones.

Wu Ji did not want to answer this question; he tried to explain to her the severity of the situation they were in, but he fell on deaf ears.

“And whose responsibility is this? Back when I had intruded on your wedding, I had wanted to gamble with myself. I wanted to bet that your heart was like mine, that you were going to be able to throw away everything to travel to the ends of the earth with me.”

Her eyes break away, and Wu Ji wants to scream. He fears.

Nothing can prepare Wu Ji for the tearful words that come next.

“But I accept that I have lost.”

There is no life in her eyes.

“I will not come bother Zhang Jiao Zhu anymore…”

He calls her name to no avail.

“And I hope Zhang Jiao Zhu will not bother to look for me.”

Wu Ji blinks away the dampness clouding his vision, and he can only shake his head as he begs her not to continue. She always had other ideas.

“Back then, I was able to risk everything to follow you. Now, I am also able to do everything in my power to stay away from you. I, Min Min Temür, can do exactly as I say. The only thing I regret is that the price I had to pay was with my father’s life.”

Wu Ji remembers flashes of it now.

He catches the discarded hairpin. She walks past him and firmly does not turn back.

He had stood there for so long, watching as she and her father became little specks of indiscernible dust in the distance.

Wu Ji hadn’t returned to Ming Sect. It seemed his heart had a mind of its own. His feet unconsciously took him towards the direction she had left in, but he couldn't come with her. Not then. Wu Ji was lost at a crossroad.

He somehow ended up in the only place he knew that was as close to home as he could possibly remember.

Tai Shi Fu’s words had never left him.

“The things that cause regret in this world are countless. But you are still young. Any regrettable situation can still be amended… A person’s heart can move even Heaven and Earth.”

Wu Ji’s right hand firmly clasps his scarf-tied wrist.

“Her father’s death,” he begins, eyes unfocused as he recounts a story he has tried to repress for years now.

“It was caused by people I call my brothers. Da shum, Jiang Hu can be a dangerous place, but the rules are solidified, black and white. If you kill someone, you pay those dues with your own life. A debt owed in blood should thus be paid in blood. Even if I don’t agree, I can at least understand it. But war. War is even more treacherous than I could have ever imagined.”

Da shum nods, and Wu Ji knows she would understand. Her son was also a casualty among the other millions of souls lost through numerous battles and conquests.

“I… Da shum, I led my people to fight against the Yuan army. I know that your son was probably one of the—“

“It’s all right, Wu Ji. I know what you are going to say, but you don’t have to feel guilty towards me. I have watched my father, my husband…” She pauses and Wu Ji sees her melancholy smile turn to him. “…and my son all leave home to fight as patriots, not knowing if they were ever going to be able to return. No matter which side it is, I am sure the reasons are all the same. You were just doing what you had to do for the sake of your country.”

Wu Ji nods earnestly, grateful for her acceptance.

“Now tell me, what does the war have to do with her father?”

His sigh is nearly indiscernible. “Her father is Chaghan Temür, Prince of Ru Yang.”

Wu Ji can hear da shum’s sharp intake of breath. “And your wife…”

He nods and da shum’s hand goes to her mouth. “She was born to royalty, jade leaves on golden branches 金枝玉叶, but because of me, she had severed ties with her father and her homeland. She left everything behind for me, and I could only stand there and watch my men kill her father.”

“Wu Ji ah, did you know of their plans?”

He feels indignation rising from within. “No. No, I did not know. They had purposely left me in the dark because they knew I would have never agreed to it.” He looks at da shum and silently pleads for her to believe him. “I would have never agreed to it. They knew how much she meant to me. Everyone knew.”

“Did she?”

Wu Ji’s eyes flicker in uncertainty at the question. She had to have known.

“I… I don’t know.” He pauses and considers the weight of this knowledge. “I’d promised her we would travel the world together. I fully intend to keep that promise, but she had asked me to leave with her then. After her father’s passing. I couldn’t. The war… I couldn’t just leave.” His mouth is dry and Wu Ji finds it difficult to continue.

“You had your responsibilities to your people and your country.”

He nods again, forcing himself to finish. “I had made promises that were bigger than myself. In order to keep those promises, I couldn’t leave with her. She asked me not to bother looking for her, but here I am almost three years later.”

Da shum contemplates to herself for a brief moment and asks, “Would you continue to look for three more years? What if you never find her again?”

She is particularly inquisitive here, and Wu Ji can relate; he’s asked himself these questions often in the beginning. What if I find her and she doesn’t forgive me? What if I have to spend the rest of my life looking for her? What if all this is for nothing?

Wu Ji’s resolve has long been steeled.

“Even if it’s an eternity, I won’t stop until I find her.”

It seems enough of a confirmation for the elder woman.

Da shum takes his hand and cups it in hers; she is gleaming in a calm of motherly affection Wu Ji thought he’d never find again.

He suddenly feels small, transported back to a wintry oasis surrounded by three loving parents.

“Wu Ji ah, if I ever see her, I will tell her she is a very fortunate young lady.”

Wu Ji feels a wash of thankfulness come over him once again.

--

After checking up on da ye and being relieved that his cold is minor, Wu Ji mentally logs that he needs to gather citrus and aster for the older man’s formula. He can set out today and stock up on everything they need.

He asks da shum to borrow one of the ox carts and heads to a small forest seven lis east as directed.

Wu Ji first scavenges for herbals, and then proceeds with the task of gathering firewood.

He is poised in front of two trees and begins to cultivate his nei gong 內功, careful to appropriate the exact force needed to knock down two trees and not the entire forest.

Wu Ji has a fleeting thought of how absurd it must be to the previous generations of Ming Sect Jiao Zhus that he is using Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi 乾坤大挪移 to essentially chop down wood and stockpile them for an elderly couple in the middle of Mongolia.

He spends half a morning collecting as much lumber as could possibly fit on the oxcart and is proud of his assemblage.

As Wu Ji is loading the cart, his ears pick up the rustling of footsteps on fallen leaves. He freezes and listens.

He hears the footsteps hastening. There are two sets.

Suddenly, a figure bursts through the thick of the forestry a distance away and is rapidly moving past the landscape. Wu Ji is on vigilant watch as the second figure, a female donning all white and a veiled hat, uses qing gong 輕功 deftly, shadowing the first.

It is a game of cat and mouse.

Both martial artists maneuver through the woodland swiftly and cleverly, fabric and leaves moving in unison with the wind. With their qing gong, the pair kick off from the trunks of trees to change directions as they glide across greenery in a chase that resembles dancing.

They are fast, but the female pursuant is faster and smarter, Wu Ji notes.

She takes one leap upwards, high into to the canopy of the forest, then uses both feet to propel herself, spinning past the first figure in a perfect arch to stop squarely in front of him.

She lands with grace and finality, a swirl of white stark against the emerald backdrop, sword pulled and directed at the man. He knows he has been caught.

The pair is now only a few yards away from him, and Wu Ji ducks behind a tree, continuing to monitor the situation.

The female assailant abruptly thrusts fortified steel forward, but the man sidesteps her and barely has time to duck before she turns and swipes her sword horizontally, every move intending to kill. He has no weapon and Wu Ji notes that he is oddly not retaliating with any offense of his own.

He continues to dodge attack after attack, feet working in a zig zag pattern as he glides backwards through the crackling of tumbled leaves, but with every swipe of her blade, Wu Ji knows the man is in more imminent danger of losing his life.

When the man slows, she takes the opportunity to strike, successfully slashing his arm, and a deep gash blooms bright red instantly. He falls to the ground. She does not delay her next move, and as her sword nears, Wu Ji’s body wills him forward.

He jumps out, surprising both of them, and uses his arm to block the hilt of her sword from coming down on the target. She looks at him through the snowy cloak, and though the thickness of the fabric obstructs him from her appearance, Wu Ji knows she is not happy that he has stepped in.

She tries to move past him, but Wu Ji is a secured force.

This time, her sword is turned on Wu Ji.

She lashes out, but Wu Ji can tell she is holding back. She uses her sword to create just enough distance to push him back to create distance between them in order to get to the other man.

Wu Ji easily avoids the weapon, and simultaneously grabs the man off the ground. They fly back a few feet and Wu Ji now stands between predator and prey.

The man is breathing hard, but no one says a word.

Wu Ji is the first to speak. His hands go up in the formality of fist to palm and slightly bows his head as a greeting. “Nu ying xiong 女英雄, I am Zhang Wu Ji.”

She says nothing, tightening her grip on sword and sheath, and turns her back to him as an act of dismissal.

Wu Ji continues. “I apologize if I have caused offense today. I just could not stand by and watch an unarmed man be killed. Though I do not know what had transpired between you, I hope that my interference can save his life. Whatever it is, perhaps we can discuss and resolve it.”

The female fighter is silent for a few beats.

Then with the retraction of metal into leather, she simply walks away.

Wu Ji doesn't understand why he has the sudden urge to stop her.

He doesn't.

He stands there watching her leave, and in the blink of an eye, she flies up and disappears through the forest in a haze of ethereal white.

He is no stranger to highly skilled martial artists with eccentric characteristics and knows it is usually best to leave them be.

He turns to the man behind him. “Xiong di, are you okay?”

“I am fine. Da xia 大侠, please accept my gratitude.” He respectfully bows his head to Wu Ji, hand firmly pressed against his wound. “Goodbye.” The man abruptly turns and walks away, and Wu Ji is left bewildered. Both people had acted so strangely.

He supposes it could have ended worse, and suddenly remembers that dai shum and dai ye are expecting him to return soon. He should probably also head back before more trouble arises.

Wu Ji hurries to his cart, relieved that everything is still where it should be. He jumps on and prods the ox forward. He muses that the last time he was on one, she was with him.

As he rides back, Wu Ji listens to the sound of wood on gravel, silently noting the absence of teasing and laughter.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/44319919

Hi there... im a long-lost member of soompi, came back just for HSDS
i want to know if there's next chapters for fanfic quoted above

Did i miss the chapter? 

Also, i want to THANK all of the authors and the translators for this fanfic and all other fanfics

Thank you so much...i've thoroughly enjoyed them

there is not enough ZWJ & ZM, especially with the rushed ending

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

Hi there... im a long-lost member of soompi, came back just for HSDS
i want to know if there's next chapters for fanfic quoted above

Did i miss the chapter? 

Also, i want to THANK all of the authors and the translators for this fanfic and all other fanfics

Thank you so much...i've thoroughly enjoyed them

there is not enough ZWJ & ZM, especially with the rushed ending

Click on Next Chapter at the bottom right of the website. Since it's a direct link to her fanfic page, all the chapters are right there.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/44319919

• Like 2