[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

After Zhao Min explained why she bit his hand, Zhang Wuji (while laughing) even grabbed her hand threatening to bite her so she would never forget him too. She pulled away shyly of course.

IIRC, the 86 version has this scene.  Also the scene after the wedding where he says to her that she needs to repay him with her body for ruining his wedding.  He's such a lecher.

• LOL 6

If I remembered correctly, the 2009 version also had the scene where he demanded she repay him his wedding night?  :sweatingbullets:

as mentioned before,  WJ is really prone to forgetting the proper etiquette between man and woman observed at that time when it comes to ZM. Barging into her rooms, princess carried her, pulled her so close to him in front of her brother (in the scene after they ran away from his doomed almost wedding,  when ZM was trying to stop WJ from hurting her brother and she got hurt by his Jiu Yang inner energy.  Well,  he's trying to support her who's hurt, but still, it looks like he hold her quite tightly hahaha),  holding her hands to help her up and help her seat after offering a cup of wine to her father and brother in the attempted peace talk (side note,  they looked like husband and wife paying respect to the wife's family ;)). He Can be very bold when it comes to ZM :lol:

Can I check for the pic of YC wearing wedding attire posted in this forum before the show ended,  anybody know from what drama was that?  I thought it was part of HSDS as I thought the headpiece worn by her in that pic looked very familiar with the headpieces MM wore in this drama (if I remembered correctly).

When thw drama ended,  I did not really re-watch the series, only browsing through weibo but now I am pulled back and have been re watching the episodes while keep browing weibo hahaha.

In YC latest vid posted two days ago (I think), even her staff still called her Min min. 

Oh well,  I am going to enjoy the ride while it lasts hahaha. 

Thank you all for the awesome subs!!!  :mrgreen:

Edited to add: I am super glad this version of WJ is more definite about his feeling, less wishy washy when it comes to his choice among the four women. He knew who he loves and he stick with it till the end. Come to think about it honestly, I am not sure if I would like HsDS as much as I love this series now if my first time watching is the WJ that was described in the novel (no offense please).  I dont know if I can like a protagonist who cannot determine the one and only person to whom his love belongs to. -_-:sweatingbullets:

Peace all 

• Like 4

Thank you so much Sophiesyc for the info. :D

===========================================================================================================

So, I've been dabbing more on fanfic writing, and I decided to try out a much darker fanfic :sweatingbullets:. This is not part of the chronicles about WJ-ZM life after their reunion at the grassland that I had been posting before, but more like a stand-alone, one shot fanfic.

For the chronicles fanfic, I planned to add perhaps two or three more chapters, and these chapters should be more fluff and lighter/happier tone.

Please read the warning (in the spoiler) before proceeding, as this will be dark fic (sad/tragic story) and might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Peace all :blush:

Spoiler

Warning:

One-shot, stand-alone fanfic. This fanfic is sad/tragic fanfic with major character death. Extreme Alternate Universe (AU) that do not really follow the canon timeline. Dark Wuji (perhaps even very dark Wuji for some), so if you are more of a stickler to the canon WJ, this might not be suitable :). Some matured themes (not explicit, I think. Please don't ban me mod. If this is not allowed, I'll removed the post).

All credits of the characters belong to the relevant parties. I am just flexing some fanfic-writing muscles for pure enjoyment here :blush:

Set from the moment WJ found out ZM was still alive on the riverbank as he floated the paper lantern boat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if Min-min took the arrows that were meant for her father and brother?

She had said that they would travel the world together. She had told him that she would be by his side when they journeyed the beautiful mountains, the crystal blue rivers. She had whispered softly in his ears that beautiful night when they abandoned all cares and just treasured each other’s company. When they became husband and wife.

That night, he found out that she was still alive. That her brother had plotted her fake death and her dad had given her an exit route. She had not planned to let him know of her presence or that she was alive. His stubborn Min-min. Yet, she underestimated his keen senses when it came to her. One sigh. Her one sigh was all he needed to let him know that she was nearby. That she was alive. His adrenaline rushed as he abandoned the riverbank where he had just floated his last paper lantern boat, bearing his hope to have his Min-min by his side, and frantically searched for her. Hoping that it was not his delirious fantasy. Hoping that it was indeed his sane reality.

He found her at the inn. Sitting alone in her room, her unlighted lantern boat in front her.

He remembered his euphoria when he barged into the room and saw her. There, sitting there at the table was his Min-min. His Min-min. Alive. In two big strides, he came to her. His strong arms pulled her tiny figure into his embrace.

“Do you know how much I miss you?”

That night, he blurted that question to the beautiful woman in his embrace. His love who had decorated his dreams with unending longings. But that night, he thought that those dreams would remain merely bad dreams. Bad dreams that would never haunt him again. That night, he thanked heaven for bringing her back to him in his waking hours. He held her hands tightly, never wanted to let go as they sat on the table. Her unlighted paper lantern boat was clearly visible.

‘Wishing husband was on her side’

A small smile appeared on his lips as he remembered the rush of pride when he saw her lantern then. He remembered his heart felt like bursting with all the happiness that he had so suddenly found again.

Her husband. She had considered him her husband.

That night, he lit her paper lantern boat as he wished to be by her side forever. As her husband. She asked him to paint her eyebrow as his third promises, and he promised to paint her eyebrow every day of their life.

But that every day of their life was far too few.

His mind wandered back to that night at the inn, when he gently kissed her. He could feel their heartbeats raced as he looked deeply into her eyes. Understanding filled them when he blurted the proposal that he had been dying to ask, the question he wished he had asked sooner.

“Marry me, Min-min”

He remembered whispering those words so softly in her ears that he feared she might not hear him. Until he met her wide bright eyes, looking back at him intensely. She was about to protest when he repeated the question again. Firmly. The quietness that befell them felt deafening for him, as he prayed that she would consent. He loved her. He needed her.

He nearly jumped in jubilation that night when she finally nodded. As quickly as he could, he rushed out to ask the innkeepers if they could get him red candles and a ‘shuang-shi’ symbol. Hoping that it was not too late to get them. And he remembered his joy when he brought those items back to her room. He thought that finally heaven blessed them to be together forever.

Together forever, he chuckled bitterly. These words had now become broken dreams that mocked him.

He remembered their simple wedding ceremony. In that room, just the two of them. That night, he gently pulled her to the bed, as he tried to ease her fear. It was her first time ever, and he hated to see the quiet fear and a spark of embarrassment in her beautiful eyes, behind her shy smile. That night, for once they finally let go of their hesitations, and just explored the happiness and pleasure they brought to each other. He remembered her trembling body as she softly called his name. A memory that had mercilessly kept him awake at night.

That night, he thanked heaven that he could finally be with his lover again. No, not just a lover. His wife. He felt a bit unhappy that he had to hurt her, and he promised to never hurt her again. To keep her away from harm.

'Promises that he failed to keep.' He cruelly reminded himself.

That night, they stayed together until midnight left them, and they talked. They talked about their reality. They shared their dream futures.  She urged him to return to his sect’s military camp. She asked him to keep their union a secret. She told him that she would wait for him in Mongolia amidst his protests. He hated to admit that he was stubborn that night. That what she described was the best solution for them. For his safety, his reputation, his fights.

A cold laughter escape from his lips as he downed the wine in his hand. His safety. His battles. All she ever thought about was him. Yet, what had he ever given her? He could not even protect her.

The following morning, they had promised to meet each other at the hill before his Min-min left for her homeland. His wife. He remembered staying awake that night, feverishly carved a wooden box in likeness of the golden box she once gave to him not so long before. The broken box he had once treasured so much. The broken box that he had to throw away due to his foolishness in believing Zhiruo’s scheme. The broken box that he had to discard at his godfather’s insistence. 

But that day, when they said their goodbye, his members found them. Anger flowed through his veins as he remembered the endless schemes those members had thrown at them to trap her. Even pushing them to get married. Those traitors.

But his Min-min was smarter than them. She had foiled their attempts, and she had outsmarted each and everyone of them. A small comfort seeped through the fury as he consoled himself that he never told those men about his and Min-min’s secret marriage. That he listened to his Min-min’s advice.

And yet, he had been the reason why he was staring at the cold wooden name placard on the table, surrounded by those offerings. His gullibility, his naivete had caused her untimely death.

If only he did not beg her to stay one more night that afternoon. If only he just let her go that day. If only he had never asked to meet with her father and brother. If only. So many ‘if only’ ran through his head.

His body went cold when he remembered that day when he had to say his forever farewell to his love, his wife, his Min-min. He felt his world stopped when he saw those arrows pierced through her small body. Those arrows that had been prepared to bring down her father and brother by his members behind his back. But his Min-min, his brave Min-min had taken those arrows, giving her father and brother an escape route as her penitence to them.

‘I won’t let you or anyone hurt my family. I, Min-min Temur, can do what I say I will do’

Her words echoed through his ears as he rushed to her. He desperately begged her not to leave him, to stay with him as he frantically tried to save her. Even though he knew it was futile, he could not stop. He did not want to stop. For if he stopped, that meant she was gone. That meant he had lost her. She had looked at him, her eyes filled with tears. But he could see her determination, her peaceful acceptance, her contentment of saving her family. Her love for him.

‘Wuji, I..have..no…regret’

He repeated her last words in his head, over and over again. He closed his eyes as he recalled her beautiful smile on her lips. That day, his wife had left him forever, and this time, she could not come back to him. She would not come back. That day, pain and sadness drawn him as he let go of a sorrowful cry like a wounded wolf before anger washed through him. A terrifying wrath filled every inch of his body, a petrifying fury that he had never felt and never knew he could ever feel before. A rage that had torn down all his self-control, that had pushed his immense inner energy to lash out against those people who had gone behind his back to plan such an abominable scheme. Those traitors who had killed his wife. His Min-min.

And for the first time ever that day, he was thirsty for vengeance. He wanted revenge like he had never wanted anything before. An obsession that he had never truly felt prior. He would make sure that each and everyone of them suffered his retributions. Once they had gotten no use for him. Once he was done using them. He had become cold and calculative. He had learned to scheme and to use them for his advantage. The battles were ending, and he could soon get his revenge. He would soon make the members pay for the scheme they had done.

“Very soon, Min-min. Very soon”

He told her name placard that had accompanied him through the nights. He knew his Min-min would not be happy with her Wuji now, but he did not care. He could not care anymore. That Wuji was gone. He had been nice before, but it only led to heartbreak after heartbreak. He had been used enough. He had lost enough. He had suffered enough.

So, he waited for his chance to finally assuage his thirst for revenge. His chance to make those traitors suffered the pain he had to endure.

‘Very soon, Min-min. Very soon’

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, chipz03 said:

===========================================================================================================

So, I've been dabbing more on fanfic writing, and I decided to try out a much darker fanfic :sweatingbullets:. This is not part of the chronicles about WJ-ZM life after their reunion at the grassland that I had been posting before, but more like a stand-alone, one shot fanfic.

For the chronicles fanfic, I planned to add perhaps two or three more chapters, and these chapters should be more fluff and lighter/happier tone.

Please read the warning (in the spoiler) before proceeding, as this will be dark fic (sad/tragic story) and might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Reveal hidden contents

Warning:

One-shot, stand-alone fanfic. This fanfic is sad/tragic fanfic with major character death. Extreme Alternate Universe (AU) that do not really follow the canon timeline. Dark Wuji (perhaps even very dark Wuji for some), so if you are more of a stickler to the canon WJ, this might not be suitable :). Some matured themes (not explicit, I think. Please don't ban me mod. If this is not allowed, I'll removed the post).

All credits of the characters belong to the relevant parties. I am just flexing some fanfic-writing muscles for pure enjoyment here :blush:

Set from the moment WJ found out ZM was still alive on the riverbank as he floated the paper lantern boat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had said that they would travel the world together. She had told him that she would be by his side when they journeyed the beautiful mountains, the crystal blue rivers. She had whispered softly in his ears that beautiful night when they abandoned all cares and just treasured each other’s company. When they became husband and wife.

That night, he found out that she was still alive. That her brother had plotted her fake death and her dad had given her an exit route. She had not planned to let him know of her presence or that she was alive. His stubborn Min-min. Yet, she underestimated his keen senses when it came to her. One sigh. Her one sigh was all he needed to let him know that she was nearby. That she was alive. His adrenaline rushed as he abandoned the riverbank where he had just floated his last paper lantern boat, bearing his hope to have his Min-min by his side, and frantically searched for her. Hoping that it was not his delirious fantasy. Hoping that it was indeed his sane reality.

He found her at the inn. Sitting alone in her room, her unlighted lantern boat in front her.

He remembered his euphoria when he barged into the room and saw her. There, sitting there at the table was his Min-min. His Min-min. Alive. In two big strides, he came to her. His strong arms pulled her tiny figure into his embrace.

That night, he blurted that question to the beautiful woman in his embrace. His love who had decorated his dreams with unending longings. But that night, he thought that those dreams would remain merely bad dreams. Bad dreams that would never haunt him again. That night, he thanked heaven for bringing her back to him in his waking hours. He held her hands tightly, never wanted to let go as they sat on the table. Her unlighted paper lantern boat was clearly visible.

A small smile appeared on his lips as he remembered the rush of pride when he saw her lantern then. He remembered his heart felt like bursting with all the happiness that he had so suddenly found again.

That night, he lit her paper lantern boat as he wished to be by her side forever. As her husband. She asked him to paint her eyebrow as his third promises, and he promised to paint her eyebrow every day of their life.

His mind wandered back to that night at the inn, when he gently kissed her. He could feel their heartbeats raced as he looked deeply into her eyes. Understanding filled them when he blurted the proposal that he had been dying to ask, the question he wished he had asked sooner.

“Marry me, Min-min”

He remembered whispering those words so softly in her ears that he feared she might not hear him. Until he met her wide bright eyes, looking back at him intensely. She was about to protest when he repeated the question again. Firmly. The quietness that befell them felt deafening for him, as he prayed that she would consent. He loved her. He needed her.

He nearly jumped in jubilation that night when she finally nodded. As quickly as he could, he rushed out to ask the innkeepers if they could get him red candles and a ‘shuang-shi’ symbol. Hoping that it was not too late to get them. And he remembered his joy when he brought those items back to her room. He thought that finally heaven blessed them to be together forever.

Together forever, he chuckled bitterly. These words had now become broken dreams that mocked him.

He remembered their simple wedding ceremony. In that room, just the two of them. That night, he gently pulled her to the bed, as he tried to ease her fear. It was her first time ever, and he hated to see the quiet fear and a spark of embarrassment in her beautiful eyes, behind her shy smile. That night, for once they finally let go of their hesitations, and just explored the happiness and pleasure they brought to each other. He remembered her trembling body as she softly called his name. A memory that had mercilessly kept him awake at night.

That night, he thanked heaven that he could finally be with his lover again. No, not just a lover. His wife. He felt a bit unhappy that he had to hurt her, and he promised to never hurt her again. To keep her away from harm.

That night, they stayed together until midnight left them, and they talked. They talked about their reality. They shared their dream futures.  She urged him to return to his sect’s military camp. She asked him to keep their union a secret. She told him that she would wait for him in Mongolia amidst his protests. He hated to admit that he was stubborn that night. That what she described was the best solution for them. For his safety, his reputation, his fights.

A cold laughter escape from his lips as he downed the wine in his hand. His safety. His battles. All she ever thought about was him. Yet, what had he ever given her? He could not even protect her.

The following morning, they had promised to meet each other at the hill before his Min-min left for her homeland. His wife. He remembered staying awake that night, feverishly carved a wooden box in likeness of the golden box she once gave to him not so long before. The broken box he had once treasured so much. The broken box that he had to throw away due to his foolishness in believing Zhiruo’s scheme. The broken box that he had to discard at his godfather’s insistence. 

But that day, when they said their goodbye, his members found them. Anger flowed through his veins as he remembered the endless schemes those members had thrown at them to trap her. Even pushing them to get married. Those traitors.

But his Min-min was smarter than them. She had foiled their attempts, and she had outsmarted each and everyone of them. A small comfort seeped through the fury as he consoled himself that he never told those men about his and Min-min’s secret marriage. That he listened to his Min-min’s advice.

And yet, he had been the reason why he was staring at the cold wooden name placard on the table, surrounded by those offerings. His gullibility, his naivete had caused her untimely death.

If only he did not beg her to stay one more night that afternoon. If only he just let her go that day. If only he had never asked to meet with her father and brother. If only. So many ‘if only’ ran through his head.

His body went cold when he remembered that day when he had to say his forever farewell to his love, his wife, his Min-min. He felt his world stopped when he saw those arrows pierced through her small body. Those arrows that had been prepared to bring down her father and brother by his members behind his back. But his Min-min, his brave Min-min had taken those arrows, giving her father and brother an escape route as her penitence to them.

‘I won’t let you or anyone hurt my family. I, Min-min Temur, can do what I say I will do’

Her words echoed through his ears as he rushed to her. He desperately begged her not to leave him, to stay with him as he frantically tried to save her. Even though he knew it was futile, he could not stop. He did not want to stop. For if he stopped, that meant she was gone. That meant he had lost her. She had looked at him, her eyes filled with tears. But he could see her determination, her peaceful acceptance, her contentment of saving her family. Her love for him.

He repeated her last words in his head, over and over again. He closed his eyes as he recalled her beautiful smile on her lips. That day, his wife had left him forever, and this time, she could not come back to him. She would not come back. That day, pain and sadness drawn him as he let go of a sorrowful cry like a wounded wolf before anger washed through him. A terrifying wrath filled every inch of his body, a petrifying fury that he had never felt and never knew he could ever feel before. A rage that had torn down all his self-control, that had pushed his immense inner energy to lash out against those people who had gone behind his back to plan such an abominable scheme. Those traitors who had killed his wife. His Min-min.

And for the first time ever that day, he was thirsty for vengeance. He wanted revenge like he had never wanted anything before. An obsession that he had never truly felt prior. He would make sure that each and everyone of them suffered his retributions. Once they had gotten no use for him. Once he was done using them. He had become cold and calculative. He had learned to scheme and to use them for his advantage. The battles were ending, and he could soon get his revenge. He would soon make the members pay for the scheme they had done.

He told her name placard that had accompanied him through the nights. He knew his Min-min would not be happy with her Wuji now, but he did not care. He could not care anymore. That Wuji was gone. He had been nice before, but it only led to heartbreak after heartbreak. He had been used enough. He had lost enough. He had suffered enough.

So, he waited for his chance to finally assuage his thirst for revenge. His chance to make those traitors suffered the pain he had to endure.

I have to say 

I love this!!! 

Will wait for next chapter. 

Regardless dark or light, most important to me is Wuji's love to be only for minmin 

I tell u I actually cried reading this 

Love torturing wuji

9 hours ago, chipz03 said:

If I remembered correctly, the 2009 version also had the scene where he demanded she repay him his wedding night?  :sweatingbullets:

as mentioned before,  WJ is really prone to forgetting the proper etiquette between man and woman observed at that time when it comes to ZM. Barging into her rooms, princess carried her, pulled her so close to him in front of her brother (in the scene after they ran away from his doomed almost wedding,  when ZM was trying to stop WJ from hurting her brother and she got hurt by his Jiu Yang inner energy.  Well,  he's trying to support her who's hurt, but still, it looks like he hold her quite tightly hahaha),  holding her hands to help her up and help her seat after offering a cup of wine to her father and brother in the attempted peace talk (side note,  they looked like husband and wife paying respect to the wife's family ;)). He Can be very bold when it comes to ZM :lol:

I sometimes wonder if the Nine Yang Manual taught him these incredible lecherous techniques.

• LOL 1

HSDS was always a difficult show for me to watch because of Zhang Wuji’s wishy-washiness. Unlike my older sister, I couldn’t stand how divided his heart was. I remember when HSDS 2000 came out, I would catch my sister rewatching scenes starting from Snake Island and onward. Or maybe from the introduction of Zhao Min to the end. I was always like, “I thought you finished, you’re watching AGAIN?”

It occurs to me that, as fans, even though we really like the romance in LoCH and RoCH because our heroes are so in love and so devoted to their respected ladies, Huang Rong and Xiao Long Nu, we also don’t find it as addictive. Due to Guo Jing and Yang Guo’s strong love for their ladies, it was never going to be a question of who do they love. We just knew it would either end happily (together)  or tragically (not together). But HSDS’s romance is entirely different, and so much more suspenseful, like a “Will they or won’t they?” Watching Wuji and Minmin go through this love-hate relationship and all their obstacles is much more addictive because it pulls at the heartstrings and makes us root that much stronger for the woman who never gave up on her love. Yes, Huang Rong and Xiao Longnu only ever loved one man each and they prove it also. But we, the audience, knows that their love is returned and it’s only plot that keeps them apart. Compared to Zhao Min who has to fight her way through so many people (not just the other ladies, but also friends and family, and Wuji himself) to win her man’s heart, these two girls had it easy. Our Zhao Min has to work so hard and the suspense of it all compels us to watch, and whatever small bit of affection/moments/flirting we get onscreen we soak it all up as much as we can. And with so many adaptations providing different levels of fluffy/tender moments or flirting, it’s like there’s not one that has it all to satisfy our hunger, only a bit in 1986, then a bit in 2000, 2003, 2009. Only now with JZ and YC’s chemistry we are completely addicted because, IMO, they provide the most fluffy/tender non-wishywashy portrayal of our hero’s love for Zhao Min, hence why we can’t get over this and move on. Their love story is like a drug lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Sorry to keep bombarding this forum with my thoughts, but I have nowhere else to express them. Who can I talk to? My coworkers or my babies? Lol

Reading WJ and ZR on the island was so difficult. First, ZR is a liar and hypocrite. Second, every sentence that comes out of ZR’s mouth is her comparing herself with Minmin at best, and at worst accusing WJ of having feelings for MM (granted, she’s correct). But my god, any conversation between them was always about MM or the hypothetical question of what he would do to ZR if she ever makes (read: made) a mistake. I know the reader is privy to only relevant plot-related convos of theirs, but it still seems like their whole relationship was always going to be defined by the fact that it didn’t work out between WJ and the other girls so that’s why the only option left was ZR. That’s not how you want to start a relationship lol.

I know some fans are still upset that WJ (either in the novel or in 2009’s series) was portrayed as only choosing MM because she was the “last girl left standing”, but it seems to me that THIS Snake Island moment between ZR and WJ in the novel shows what it would have looked like if WJ truly picked whoever was left, as if to tell readers, hey look Wuji settled for whoever was there and he was unenthused and reluctant. Compare that with how he ended up with MM, he wasn’t unenthused and reluctant, he was happy. Now, does he still think about the others? Perhaps, but it’s like relishing in a beautiful past memory. As long as he keeps it quiet in his heart and mind, it’s not a crime.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I hate, and hate when people said WJ only ends up with ZM because she is the last girl standing/left. Like come on he even said so in the novel that if he can’t find her he would rather die. I am ignoring the crappy ending lol. 

This 2019 version really shows how much he also loves her. While also showing that she has her struggles and did not abandon her country/family to run away after a guy. WJ in the novel is such a player but kind of smarter than this tv version I think. Still I prefer the tv version where he knows who he loves, it’s just that because she’s Mongolian that’s why he kept pushing her away. I think at the snake island he already knew by then that he likes or have strong feeling for her. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Warning:

“Marry me, Min-min”

thank you and I really enjoyed. Hope to see next chapter soon.

8 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Warning:

“Marry me, Min-min”

Oh boy... I love it.  Please continue this story, really like the dark side of WJ.

17 hours ago, vicious219 said:

IIRC, the 86 version has this scene.  Also the scene after the wedding where he says to her that she needs to repay him with her body for ruining his wedding.  He's such a lecher.

How I wish this version include this part of the story where WJ ask MM to repay him with her body.   Hahaha...it'll be so fun to watch JZ act the scene.   I believe WJ and MM gonna be so shy at that awkward moment.   But too bad in this version they make WJ's character too upright. Don't get me wrong, I still loves this version's WJ to death.  Only hope he can take advantage of her sometime with some lecher words.

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, kimmortal said:

Sorry to keep bombarding this forum with my thoughts, but I have nowhere else to express them. Who can I talk to? My coworkers or my babies? Lol

Reading WJ and ZR on the island was so difficult. First, ZR is a liar and hypocrite. Second, every sentence that comes out of ZR’s mouth is her comparing herself with Minmin at best, and at worst accusing WJ of having feelings for MM (granted, she’s correct). But my god, any conversation between them was always about MM or the hypothetical question of what he would do to ZR if she ever makes (read: made) a mistake. I know the reader is privy to only relevant plot-related convos of theirs, but it still seems like their whole relationship was always going to be defined by the fact that it didn’t work out between WJ and the other girls so that’s why the only option left was ZR. That’s not how you want to start a relationship lol.

I know some fans are still upset that WJ (either in the novel or in 2009’s series) was portrayed as only choosing MM because she was the “last girl left standing”, but it seems to me that THIS Snake Island moment between ZR and WJ in the novel shows what it would have looked like if WJ truly picked whoever was left, as if to tell readers, hey look Wuji settled for whoever was there and he was unenthused and reluctant. Compare that with how he ended up with MM, he wasn’t unenthused and reluctant, he was happy. Now, does he still think about the others? Perhaps, but it’s like relishing in a beautiful past memory. As long as he keeps it quiet in his heart and mind, it’s not a crime.

5 hours ago, sophiesyc said:

I hate, and hate when people said WJ only ends up with ZM because she is the last girl standing/left. Like come on he even said so in the novel that if he can’t find her he would rather die. I am ignoring the crappy ending lol. 

This 2019 version really shows how much he also loves her. While also showing that she has her struggles and did not abandon her country/family to run away after a guy. WJ in the novel is such a player but kind of smarter than this tv version I think. Still I prefer the tv version where he knows who he loves, it’s just that because she’s Mongolian that’s why he kept pushing her away. I think at the snake island he already knew by then that he likes or have strong feeling for her. 

I gave up reading the novel once I've the feelings the character of ZWJ is such a  wishy washy guy, and a player.  Didn't he kiss every girls in the novel?

No doubt, this version we can tell how specials he think of ZM when he subconsciously have the golden box with him all the time.  At Snake Island, he knew he love her and only her not ZR, YL, or XZ.  WJ never denied when asked if he likes ZM by XX. Even when JFPP said ZM is his most precious, again WJ didn't denied it.  Indeed,  because of ZM's identity he keep pushing her away.  And then later he learned of her way of sacrifice herself for him and her family, WJ got even more scared to be with her.  He really fear that she'll die for him.  Due to ZR's schemes and godfather's order, he has to give in to the marriage contract.  WJ probably think letting her go and marrying ZR was the best way out for ZM.  After the wedding clash, ZM determination to gamble and he no longer able to hold back his strong feelings for her.  WJ finally give in and decided he and ZM should face it together, protected their love. 

• Like 4

Gah! I really wished they’d kept

1) The dialogue about MM owing WJ a wedding night and him pretending to bite her hand.

2) The scene where WJ wanders aimlessly into the restaurant just before his wedding and sees MM sitting sadly by herself (and she kisses him)

3) The scene where they hide in the bell at Beggar Sect meeting and eavesdrop on Wulin gossip (people are nosy, aren’t they?). They sat soo closely and MM didn’t know about the tragedies so she was extemely affectionate toward him. He in return, squeezed her arm and made her cry silently. Yikes!

4) The scene where she lies to her father about being his woman already so they’d let them go.

5) The scene where they brave dangers in that temple full of fake Shaolin disciples of Cheng Kun.

6) Their days spent at the little house close to Shaolin Temple where they pretend to be farmer husband and wife.

7) Zhou Zhirou sneak attack wanting to kill MM

This is as far as I got in the novel. Why, oh why did they not shoot these scenes? Was it because previous adaptations already had them? I’m not bored watching these again :P

• Like 4

@chipz03 I like dark and tragic fanfics! :) 

BTW, for everyone who's writing fanfic if you post on AOOO or fanfiction.net then you'll be able to share with more readers, keep it active for longer and also track comments etc.  I also find it easier to read vs. in posts!

Final note: Read another interesting c-fanfic which is a role-reversal-cum-time-travel AU: ZM/ZZR change roles (i.e., ZM is the fisherman's child who feeds ZWJ and gets rescued by ZSF, and ZZR is the person born a princess of the Yuan empire) plus ZZR has gone back in time so remembers the story as it is.  Of course, since I read only Ji-min (ZWJ/ZM) fanfic, ZM still creams ZZR, by firstly managing to escape Ermei and return to Wudang, getting ZSF to be her shifu, and hence being Wuji's Shishu ('uncle')!  I'm waiting for the "Hao Shishu" (Good Uncle) scene, and of course ZWJ is already grateful to ZM for feeding him and is dazzled by ZM's Taiji (as his only female disciple ZSF decides to pass his 'softest' wugong to her).  In this story ZSF with ZM turn up at WanAn to rescue the Wudang people captured by ZZR.

Brilliant plotting! (Although I think the writing a little uneven, and the role-reversal is sufficiently fun that the time-travel just adds complication without too much interest- mostly ZZR is constantly angry at ZM!) 

http://tangduanfa.lofter.com/post/1e719940_12e9a274e

2 hours ago, kimmortal said:

1) The dialogue about MM owing WJ a wedding night and him pretending to bite her hand.

2) The scene where WJ wanders aimlessly into the restaurant just before his wedding and sees MM sitting sadly by herself (and she kisses him)

3) The scene where they hide in the bell at Beggar Sect meeting and eavesdrop on Wulin gossip (people are nosy, aren’t they?). They sat soo closely and MM didn’t know about the tragedies so she was extemely affectionate toward him. He in return, squeezed her arm and made her cry silently. Yikes!

4) The scene where she lies to her father about being his woman already so they’d let them go.

5) The scene where they brave dangers in that temple full of fake Shaolin disciples of Cheng Kun.

6) Their days spent at the little house close to Shaolin Temple where they pretend to be farmer husband and wife.

This is as far as I got in the novel. Why, oh why did they not shoot these scenes? Was it because previous adaptations already had them? I’m not bored watching these again :P

Hahaha... I haven't thought about those scenes in a long time, and yes, I remember all of them.  '86 had them all I think.  Which is awesome.  Perhaps this series has them too? Just that they cut them out? Wasn't there rumors that there was a lot of edited footage?

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, AppleBanana said:

You are so on point about this. She never received any consequences. She doesn’t even feel sorry for what she did. Arggh. And she got away so easily still with her position of sect leader and wj forgiving her. It doesn’t matter if yl is alive at the end because it still doesn’t justify her actions. The director or writer for zzr made her character kinda gray and let her off too easily. They try to make us feel sorry for her (which I don’t at all) and forgive her. Mehhh. Pass. I don’t quite remember other versions of zzr. Did she get off quite easily too? I liked the 2000 version where she lost her memories. And 2009 version she showed more remorse I think? 

I know this version ZZR owe YL an apology for almost killing her and WJ owe ZM an apology for accusing her for murder.  For those who read the completed novel and watched most of the tv versions, did WJ ever apologize to ZM for wrongfully accused her of the crimes at Snake Island.  I just feel so bad for ZM, in the novel and all of the tv versions, WJ strangled her and some even slapped her on the face.  

3 hours ago, kimmortal said:

Some of them, it's quite impossible though since it doesn't fit ZWJ character in 2019 version. The biggest difference in the 2019 and book version is Joseph's WJ is a steely upright man (as c-netizen like to characterise him lol) He's very upright in treating all the girls and have quite a pure thoughts.

All the c-netizens was laughing and complaining when in the last episode WJ ask ZM to stay one more night, and they only went outside to just be together look at the star and talk lol, rather than doing what all the people were thinking when a guy ask a girl to stay one more night ;)

Such a pure and upright boy :D that's why no.1,3,4 is unnecessary

And for me in this version the biggest problem with WJ-ZM is not from Cheng Kun or outside foes, but always from their own people disapproval, Ming sect/Wu dang uncles/ZM's family. That's why I'm still sad every time I see RYW got killed, he approved of them and got killed immediately *sigh* orz

So yah I think no.5,6,7 is unnecessary

No.2 I think they do shot it but it was not used, since WJ didn't come I think. It was implied in eps 45 when ZM was standing in the rain waiting for WJ, she said that she waited for WJ before but WJ didn't come. I was always confused with that sentence, since the only other time she might've waited for WJ but he didnt come is the execution scene, but it wouldn't make sense since she already accepted her sentence to clear RYW's name. But if it was connected with the deleted hotpot scene where ZM was waiting alone it made more sense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

No.2 I think they do shot it but it was not used

Yeah, I remember seeing a BTS clip of ZM sitting in the restaurant alone with tears down her face.  Could that be the scene that was cut?

As for the other scenes on the list, I think you hit the nail on the head with your conclusion.  They changed this version's WJ to be more upright and matured in the later episodes so it would be weird to see him change his act from one scene to the next and then back again.  They made his personality go through a gradual change.

24 minutes ago, vicious219 said:

Yeah, I remember seeing a BTS clip of ZM sitting in the restaurant alone with tears down her face.  Could that be the scene that was cut?

As for the other scenes on the list, I think you hit the nail on the head with your conclusion.  They changed this version's WJ to be more upright and matured in the later episodes so it would be weird to see him change his act from one scene to the next and then back again.  They made his personality go through a gradual change.

You mean there is a clip of Min-Min crying alone in the restaurant waiting for a no-show WJ? I'm glad I didn't watch that - that will be heartbreaking and I'll be upset for days.