Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

@jackieusa  I knew I'll mistype eventually:sweatingbullets:. You know you can just edit the sub immediately I don't mind.

Also you can message @vicious219 next time you found anything wrong with the sub since they're the one managing the YT, they can reupload the fixed sub. I only help with the sub ;)

Cheers

• Insightful 1

Really interesting. I found an old article about the audition for the main roles of HSDS 2019.

http://kenh14.vn/ho-nhat-thien-ngung-lam-hot-boy-thanh-xuan-tham-gia-thu-vai-trong-y-thien-do-long-ky-20171206121942142.chn

Niu Jun Feng (Love o2o) and Hu Yi Tian (A Love So Beautiful) auditioned for the role of Zhang Wu Ji. There are also pictures of them in ZWJ clothes.

I am so happy Joseph got the role. He was the perfect choice.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I'm re watching episode 34 and just realized that ZM did take off her dress to wash off the blood stains.  The white and green clothing handing in front of XX, those should be ZM dress.  Right?  No wonder episode 36 when they were on the beach, her dress was almost completely stain free.  Lol...all this time I thought the blood stains just magically disappeared. :phew: Wow.. they do have some amazing stains remover back then, that a lot of blood on her dress.:lol:

Edited:

Wait, she took off her boots too. This is like easter egg hunt for me.:sweatingbullets:

KKhhTWd.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, deminni said:

I know Chinese viewers have seen this in the forum, but for Vietnamese fans, there are Viet Subs now!

I am watching it (slowly of course because I suck at reading Viet Subs), and Joseph is seriously so humble and HE LOVES ZHANG WU JI SO MUCH. The dedication and passion and energy he put in this role is told through this "Ted Talk" is what it seems like. I love being able to hear the actor talk about their role, and Wu Ji was meant for Joseph. He's so young, but you can tell he has an old soul, and his dedication towards acting is admirable.

Love this. Must watch! (And yes, he calls her Min Min <3)

He is definitely my Forever Wu Ji.

Thank you so much for this. I also took forever to finish reading the subtitles. He said he auditioned for Legend of the Condor Heroes 2016 back then—interesting! He really is a fan of Jin Yong’s works. I think he’s very handsome and suave so I’m glad in the end he got chosen to be Zhang Wuji, who gets more mature, romantic scenes. I really like how humble he sounds and how serious he is about his art.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

I'm re watching episode 34 and just realized that ZM did take off her dress to wash off the blood stains.  The white and green clothing handing in front of XX, those should be ZM dress.  Right?  No wonder episode 36 when they were on the beach, her dress was almost completely stain free.  Lol...all this time I thought the blood stains just magically disappeared. :phew: Wow.. they do have some amazing stains remover back then, that a lot of blood on her dress.:lol:

Edited:

Wait, she took off her boots too. This is like easter egg hunt for me.:sweatingbullets:

KKhhTWd.jpg

Amazing.... You are so deep in the gutter of HSDS. You even managed to find this. Man, you gotta asked XZ about how to remove the blood stain. I bet WJ asked XZ to do it that's why XZ quite certain about how deep WJ had crush on our princess. XZ also the one who take care of ZM to heal the stab wound.

Kudos for you @jackieusa

I have managed to heal from this drama. I no longer rewatch the eps. Only sometimes still take a glimpse of wedding crash arc. But i still find our forum exciting because you guys still updating new stuff like Joseph new video about how he got the role. Thank you guys for our fruitful discussion on HSDS for the months. I'm so lucky i found you guys otherwise i got a lot to say in my heart when i watched the show but i don't know where to pour them.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Thank you so much for this. I also took forever to finish reading the subtitles. He said he auditioned for Legend of the Condor Heroes 2016 back then—interesting! He really is a fan of Jin Yong’s works. I think he’s very handsome and suave so I’m glad in the end he got chosen to be Zhang Wuji, who gets more mature, romantic scenes. I really like how humble he sounds and how serious he is about his art.

Yes, agreed i don't think he matched well with GJ. He is much better as ZWJ love his starry starry eyes when gazing at ZM. The couple from LOCH 2017 are already well casted. 

I think director Jiang had a good eye in casting the actors. I hoped new ROCH will be good also so we got the trilogy we can appreciate together.

• Like 4

Shameless plug but I'm starting a multi-chapter Modern-AU fanfic inspired by a chinese-fanfic (see below) that I recommend! :)

This is a fun AU take on the ZWJ/ZM romance in the modern setting, with Zhaomin as a high-powered executive within the Te'Muer corporate empire, and Zhang Wuji a brilliant medical student at Ming University. Also features Fanyao as gym owner and trainer, Zhou Dian as Ming U's resident gossip, Ding Minjun as fanatic Bible club member and, of course, a Mongolian Crown Prince... of sorts.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18790927/chapters/44583460

Inspired and taking a lot of major plot elements and scenes from fabulous, AU-Modern, Chinese-language fanfic 【画眉】小男孩 “Xiao NanHai” (Little Boy) by 长风无声 http://nlxxkoff.lofter.com/

[Kisses to everyone who's posting the awesome MV's watching them inspires me to write!] :kiss_wink:

PS Joseph as ZWJ/ZM fan is squeal'able! (I watched part of the clip of his speech and he says wonderful things about the director, and how the director really inspired him in many scenes on how to be a better ZWJ)

• Like 5

On 5/9/2019 at 10:25 PM, LaurenPanna said:

img-1865a038cb46acb1d0f47dded1587218.jpg

Wuji actually teared when he thought minmin send soldiers back to the island to assassinate them 

Thanks for explaining this scene.:cry:  The first time I watched this part I thought he teared up because he feels sorry for the dead soldiers.:lol:

Edited

I don't like this part of the story arc, hated ZZR so I wasn't paying attention.  

• LOL 2

15 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Amazing.... You are so deep in the gutter of HSDS. You even managed to find this. Man, you gotta asked XZ about how to remove the blood stain. I bet WJ asked XZ to do it that's why XZ quite certain about how deep WJ had crush on our princess. XZ also the one who take care of ZM to heal the stab wound.

Kudos for you @jackieusa

I have managed to heal from this drama. I no longer rewatch the eps. Only sometimes still take a glimpse of wedding crash arc. But i still find our forum exciting because you guys still updating new stuff like Joseph new video about how he got the role. Thank you guys for our fruitful discussion on HSDS for the months. I'm so lucky i found you guys otherwise i got a lot to say in my heart when i watched the show but i don't know where to pour them.

LOL...Congratulations! happy for you.  I'm still stuck in the limbo.  Give me probably another week until I get really sick of it.  I watched too many times of all the favorites scenes I almost can remembered there lines.:D  Oh well, sometime re watching is rewarding too.  I'm able to detected some details or expressions that I didn't see the first couple of times watched.:joy:

• Like 2

I stop rewatching too but being in weibo help me discover small details through others findings. So I am actually still reading articles, fanfics and others perspective, surprisingly learnt alot of things from them, not just things about hsds. AMAZING DRAMA

• Like 3

I am on my first rewatch in Vietnamese dub. But I’m also doing something I never did before. I’m reading the novel translation in English, and after each chapter, I watch its corresponding episode. This is the first adaptation that I feel the fight scenes are close to the novel. Parts that were never adapted got included into the show, but I’m also sad that key moments from the novel that we’re used to seeing didn’t get adapted this time around, like Crown Prince, Wuji’s speech about true love, ZCS and YSS’s bonding prior to sabre presentation, etc.

Also, it’s obvious from the novel that girls like XZ and YBH were never contenders for Wuji’s heart because he’s always seen them as little sisters. ZX is said to be so young that Wuji even tells her, “when you grow up you’ll become very beautiful”. It’s interesting that most adaptations make her a bit older.

I just read Wuji’s meeting with Zhao Min and it’s so cute! I like reading his inner thoughts about her.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

Shameless plug but I'm starting a multi-chapter Modern-AU fanfic inspired by a chinese-fanfic (see below) that I recommend! :)

This is a fun AU take on the ZWJ/ZM romance in the modern setting, with Zhaomin as a high-powered executive within the Te'Muer corporate empire, and Zhang Wuji a brilliant medical student at Ming University. Also features Fanyao as gym owner and trainer, Zhou Dian as Ming U's resident gossip, Ding Minjun as fanatic Bible club member and, of course, a Mongolian Crown Prince... of sorts.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18790927/chapters/44583460

Inspired and taking a lot of major plot elements and scenes from fabulous, AU-Modern, Chinese-language fanfic 【画眉】小男孩 “Xiao NanHai” (Little Boy) by 长风无声 http://nlxxkoff.lofter.com/

[Kisses to everyone who's posting the awesome MV's watching them inspires me to write!] :kiss_wink:

PS Joseph as ZWJ/ZM fan is squeal'able! (I watched part of the clip of his speech and he says wonderful things about the director, and how the director really inspired him in many scenes on how to be a better ZWJ)

I love this. Please continue writing. I want to read more of this story. It got me hooked already.

• Like 1

Those of you who are able to move on from this drama.  Are you starting any new drama(s)?   Are there any good drama(s) you guys can recommend, new or fairly old one?  I want to start once I'm manage to move on.:lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Those of you who are able to move on from this drama.  Are you starting any new drama(s)?   Are there any good drama(s) you guys can recommend, new or fairly old one?  I want to start once I'm manage to move on.:lol:

I still haven't found new wuxia/classic chiness drama to replace HSDS. Yukee and Joseph chemistry is very strong in my heart i just see new shows OTP and found them quite meh...

Currently watching game of thrones but only 2 eps left so i don't know what to do if it ends too.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I can't quite move on either. I want too but it's so hard. I haven't been rewatching but I still watch the gifs a lot and every single time I scroll through some I get hooked. UGh. And then I go watch the MVs. It's an endless cycle. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

suq0ygq.jpg

Apparently Lin Yu Shen if he can choose again he wants to play as Zhao Min :joy:

Who wouldn't want to play Zhaomin?!! :) But yeah, I watched the interview where Yu Shen said that, and it was hilarious but also true... and BTW, for the record, I think he would make a GREAT Zhaomin!

(Although for me, then I'd want Zhang Wuji to be a girl, and all the 4 girls to be 4 guys.... but wouldn't that be fun? Someone write a fanfic like that!!)

@Angee86 Aw, thanks! I'm having fun writing this one, so definitely hope to keep it up! (Note the teens and up rating, nothing R-rated but probably not for 6-year-olds in case there are young posters at this forum!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

Not really starting any new mainland drama, this is the first JY wuxia from mainland I love a lot, the other mainland drama I think were good are Yanxi Palace and Legend of Zhen Huan/Empresses in the Palace, if you haven't watch it, but I only watch that because my mom and bro watch it, I was ok with it. It has solid casts, story, set and costume design though, Yanxi palace has great op-ed songs, even though they could cut a few episodes, feels like it's too long sometimes.

Always prefer western series and anime in general.

Still helping with the sub of HSDS and rewatching early episodes, so yah slowly crawling out but not yet ^_^

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, kimmortal said:

I am on my first rewatch in Vietnamese dub. But I’m also doing something I never did before. I’m reading the novel translation in English, and after each chapter, I watch its corresponding episode. This is the first adaptation that I feel the fight scenes are close to the novel. Parts that were never adapted got included into the show, but I’m also sad that key moments from the novel that we’re used to seeing didn’t get adapted this time around, like Crown Prince, Wuji’s speech about true love, ZCS and YSS’s bonding prior to sabre presentation, etc.

Also, it’s obvious from the novel that girls like XZ and YBH were never contenders for Wuji’s heart because he’s always seen them as little sisters. ZX is said to be so young that Wuji even tells her, “when you grow up you’ll become very beautiful”. It’s interesting that most adaptations make her a bit older.

I just read Wuji’s meeting with Zhao Min and it’s so cute! I like reading his inner thoughts about her.

Hii ...do you mind telling me where to find the english version of the HSDS novel?

is it available online?