Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Just have to share this two briliant MV's apologies if it's already posted ^_^ seriously ppl who make MV is like magic lol

https://b23.tv/av51417534

https://b23.tv/av48845666

Agreed!  The first one is brilliant- so energetic with a sweeping wuxia feel!  Nice one! 

MV's are creative works as well and the addition of music and picking of scenes.. it's art for sure and I love it that HSDS is inspiring so much lovely art!

6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

For all those people that think Joseph has been acting well since the beginning, I personally would disagree. He was pretty bad and inconsistent in the beginning, especially if you compare to other senior actors. Even Bambi and YL's actress Cao Xi Yue both of them acted better than him in earlier episode. I was also bothered a lot by his eyes, it somehow just doesn't fit wuxia. I do get used to it since he was getting good, acting wise, once he reach GMD. So yeah there's valid criticism, but I do disagree if they're being mean spirited about it on social media.

Cheers all

Well, at lease for me, I'm pretty satisfied with Joseph portraying of ZWJ from beginning to end.  For me Joseph being only 20 years old, his acting is better than a lot of actors at his age or older.  I loves his version of ZWJ so much to the point that majority of my posts on Soompi are for HSDS 19.  I even learned how to do screenshots and gifs and write my views on scenes which I'm very poor at (I don't like to write) this alone speak volumes.:phew:  I even searched high and low for MVs and keep repeating the favorites one. Every days keep checking back in Soompi 100Xs to read all the good fanfic and new posts which I never did in my entire life with other dramas.  My dying wish is for the production company to release the un-cut DVD's version to satisfy my thirst.:sweatingbullets: I've mentioned 100Xs before that HSDS plot line is my lease favorite out of the trilogy (Condor's Heroes is my favorite, blamed it on Louis Koo and Carman Lee's amazing chemistry:lol:) I'm a sucker for romances plots. I wasn't even going to watch this version when it first aired (I'm so glad I did and no regrets at all afterward) 86 version was the only one I completed watching almost 30 years ago and I never went back to watch the second time.  Plus I haven't watch any of Joseph and Yukee's dramas before so I wasn't interested.  Today, I'm still suffering drama withdrawal syndrome even though the drama had ended airing for 3 weeks (the last drama that I suffers withdrawal was TMOPB for 1 week).  This HSDS 19 has caused such a distractions for my works and daily life that it's becoming unhealthy.  This one week I spent so much time doing screenshots and gifs that it's unimaginable for me.  Every nights I still re watched some of my favorites scenes and smiles like an idiot and had caused my husband to shake his head in disbelieved.:lol: So to me all these affections from HSDS 19, Joseph played the major role with his acting skills. I specially loves his big round eyes with all the awww expressions. 

The reasons I think Joseph wasn't able to shines when he first appears on screen was because he still has to acted sickly when he met those Zhu and Wu's families.  He was quickly fall into their schemes being a young teenager and then falling off the mountain then learned Nine Yang Divine Art. Years later he fall off the cliffs and broke both legs, so he can only crawl, sit, or lie down.  Not long later him and YL being captured and hold hostages by MJST and every time he try to say something, MJ or someone else will just shut him up.  At GMD he already fully healed and had learned Ming Sect.'s most powerful kungfu so he was more confidence.  This is ZWJ one man show so Joseph was able to showcase his acting skills. Lol....do I sound logical for defending his acting?

Apologize for the long rants.  I by no means to disrespect or mock others opinions.  This is solely my humble opinion and passion for Joseph as an actor. 

Peace all!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I am quite enjoying his acting too. even at the earlier episodes when he first appeared. I gotta say I am pleasantly surprised,  since I admit I am usually very skeptical when young,  pretty face actors were casted for a Wuxia series (no offense please :sweat_smile:) .

At least,  I didn't feel like his actings distract me from the story and the flow. It's understandable that they needed time to find their dynamics as the series progressed, and constructive (without malice)   critics on their acting skills are actually good for their development. But to continually criticizing without checking the fact whether there are any improvements on the performances Or the critics are warranted, attacking the actor/actress personally,  especially done with malicious intention is where lines should be drawn. 

Peace all :blush:

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Well, at lease for me, I'm pretty satisfied with Joseph portraying of ZWJ.  For me Joseph being only 20 years old, his acting is better than a lot of actors at his age or older.  I loves his version of ZWJ so much to the point that majority of my posts on Soompi are for HSDS 19.  I even learned how to do screenshots and gifs and write my views on scenes which I'm very poor at (I don't like to write) this alone speak volumes.:phew:  I even searched high and low for MVs and keep repeating the favorites one. Every days keep checking back in Soompi 100Xs to read all the good fanfic and new posts which I never did in my entire life with other dramas.  My dying wish is for the production company to release the un-cut DVD's version to satisfy my thirst.:sweatingbullets: I've mentioned 100Xs before that HSDS plot line is my lease favorite out of the trilogy (Condor's Heroes is my favorite, blamed it on Louis Koo and Carman Lee's amazing chemistry:lol:) I'm a sucker for romances plots. I wasn't even going to watch this version when it first aired (I'm so glad I did and no regrets at all afterward) 86 version was the only one I completed watching almost 30 years ago and I never went back to watch the second time.  Plus I haven't watch any of Joseph and Yukee's dramas before so I wasn't interested.  Today, I'm still suffering drama withdrawal syndrome even though the drama had ended airing for 3 weeks (the last drama that I suffers withdrawal was TMOPB for 1 week).  This HSDS 19 has caused such a distractions for my works and daily life that it's becoming unhealthy.  This one week I spent so much time doing screenshots and gifs that it's unimaginable for me.  Every nights I still re watched some of my favorites scenes and smiles like an idiots and had caused my husband to shake his head in disbelieved.:lol: So to me all these affections from HSDS 19, Joseph played the major role with his acting skills. I specially loves his big round eyes with all the awww expressions.

The reasons I think Joseph wasn't able to shines when he first appears on screen was because he still has to acted sickly when he met those Zhu and Wu's families.  He was quickly fall into their schemes being a young teenager and then falling off the mountain then learned Nine Yang Divine Art. Years later he fall off the cliffs and broke both legs, so he can only crawl, sit, or lie down.  Not long later him and YL being captured and hold hostages by MJST and every time he try to say something, MJ or someone else will just shut him up.  At GMD he already fully healed and had learned Ming Sect.'s most powerful kungfu so he was more confidence. Joseph then was able to showcase his acting skills. Lol....do I sound logical for defending his acting?

Apologize for the long rants.  I by no means to disrespect or mock others opinions.  This is solely my humble opinion and passion for Joseph as an actor.

Peace all!

This is what i want to said. thank you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I personally think I like his acting Only from GMD onwards 

When he first appear, I was not convinced that this little boy can hold the Wuji character 

I agree. I didn’t think much of it when he first appeared. I was just watching the plot unfold; acting was secondary.

But then at Guang Ming Peak I really liked seeing Joseph act compassionate, and then later he was also fierce at the same time. I remember telling my sister, “this Wuji is kind, intelligent, naive, but also fierce. He’s my favourite Wuji out of them all!” He really sold it to me at that moment. He only improved since then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kimmortal said:

I agree. I didn’t think much of it when he first appeared. I was just watching the plot unfold; acting was secondary.

But then at Guang Ming Peak I really liked seeing Joseph act compassionate, and then later he was also fierce at the same time. I remember telling my sister, “this Wuji is kind, intelligent, naive, but also fierce. He’s my favourite Wuji out of them all!” He really sold it to me at that moment. He only improved since then.

I totally skipped the first part of the series and started at the GMD arc. So it didn’t bother me at all. And yes my fav WJ too!

• Like 2

Guys, please clarify something for me: 

In episode 38, after WJ saved MinMin from the Beggars Sect, he still didn't believe that she wasn't the murderer. At the inn, which one did MinMin say to him?

A - I'm so stupid to like someone like you.

B - I can't believe I like someone as stupid as you

C - none of the above

This is what happens when I'm guessing.. 

27 minutes ago, PutriSing said:

Guys, please clarify something for me: 

In episode 38, after WJ saved MinMin from the Beggars Sect, he still didn't believe that she wasn't the murderer. At the inn, which one did MinMin say to him?

A - I'm so stupid to like someone like you.

B - I can't believe I like someone as stupid as you

C - none of the above

This is what happens when I'm guessing.. 

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot tell good from bad

or

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot even recognise my good intention

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot tell good from bad

or

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot even recognise my good intention

Thank you! LOL - She calls him an idiot. I wonder if she calls him that often. 

15 minutes ago, PutriSing said:

Thank you! LOL - She calls him an idiot. I wonder if she calls him that often. 

That why the Idiot run after her and tell her not to get mad.

• LOL 3

6 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

That why the Idiot run after her and tell her not to get mad.

Yes, and the idiot gave her princess carry and shoulder to sleep on.... Until wudang uncles ruined everything....

• LOL 3

@PutriSing Surprisingly no, hahaha, I think she only does it when she's angry. Most of the time she only implied it by teasing him or just saying that he's too kind so he can be taken advantage of. ZM never thinks WJ is an idiot, he's just too kind and too straight forward when dealing with people. A bit like GJ, I suppose

• Like 2

I told myself not to re watched the beginning of episode 40, but today is an exception.:lol:  Then I found the following scenes are interesting.  I'm just wondering if the person WJ rescue is ZM instead of ZZR.  Can he just leave ZM to ZD the way he left ZZR?

I believed if it was ZM, he'll hold her in one arm the entire time instead of leaving her to ZD.  

Lol....the first question ZWJ ask ZZR after he rescued her from the Beggar's Sect. is 'where is his Godfather?' not 'Are you okay?'

YxAoLBg.gif

Then WJ asked ZD to take care of ZZR for him while he casually talking to the Beggar's elders.  But both his hands are free why can't he support ZR instead of asking ZD.

IZe657B.gif

Here ZZR is neither really fainted or faking it, but our Zhang Jiao Zhu still just left her with ZD and continue talking.

0O1cESe.gif

Once again,  the only thing Zhang Jiao Zhu worried about is his Godfather.  Lol...does he even care about ZZR who still fainted in ZD's embraced?

0bBY4Nx.gif

• LOL 7

@jackieusa oh yeah. If it was zm, I don’t think he’ll just leave her with someone else honestly. When I watched that scene, I was like haha he doesn’t care about her like zm. Every time zm faints or

is hurt he alsways ask if she’s okay. 

• Like 3

Gosh, ZZR is such a manipulated character.  WT* is she talking about here?  WJ asked her why she still hesitated/uncertain about his feeling for her.  She claimed because she broke her teacher's oath to married WJ.  ZM will hate her and also want to kill her.  Lol...what kind of  nonsense coming out of ZZR's mouth.  Shouldn't it be her teacher MJ's ghost that should come back to haunt/kill her instead.

[DJyUVjr.gif

• LOL 2

@jackieusa I think ZR plan was after ZM is dead, she married WJ, she will confess eveything, but since ZM is dead WJ cannot be with ZM anymore, WJ won't leave her. That's what I think anyway.

And ZR skill without Jiu Yin manual is about the same as ZM and ZM do have lotsa skillful subordinate that can kill her if she bothered (which ZM won't, it's too dumb of a plan for ZM) So yah she still has to hide she's learning Jiu Yin manual for the moment

• Like 1

Same sentences "I don't want to see you anymore", two different outcome

ZM said it

XypX1Dxl.png

WJ chase after ZM immediately

V3PA6c1.gif

And still try to give her water

9QkluTQ.gif

ZR said it

UskQwZPl.png

First thing next morning went to ZM's room to look for her :joy:

98NyK4X.gif