[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, kimmortal said:

I agree. I didn’t think much of it when he first appeared. I was just watching the plot unfold; acting was secondary.

But then at Guang Ming Peak I really liked seeing Joseph act compassionate, and then later he was also fierce at the same time. I remember telling my sister, “this Wuji is kind, intelligent, naive, but also fierce. He’s my favourite Wuji out of them all!” He really sold it to me at that moment. He only improved since then.

I totally skipped the first part of the series and started at the GMD arc. So it didn’t bother me at all. And yes my fav WJ too!

• Like 2

Guys, please clarify something for me: 

In episode 38, after WJ saved MinMin from the Beggars Sect, he still didn't believe that she wasn't the murderer. At the inn, which one did MinMin say to him?

A - I'm so stupid to like someone like you.

B - I can't believe I like someone as stupid as you

C - none of the above

This is what happens when I'm guessing.. 

27 minutes ago, PutriSing said:

Guys, please clarify something for me: 

In episode 38, after WJ saved MinMin from the Beggars Sect, he still didn't believe that she wasn't the murderer. At the inn, which one did MinMin say to him?

A - I'm so stupid to like someone like you.

B - I can't believe I like someone as stupid as you

C - none of the above

This is what happens when I'm guessing.. 

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot tell good from bad

or

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot even recognise my good intention

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot tell good from bad

or

I blame myself for liking an idiot like you that cannot even recognise my good intention

Thank you! LOL - She calls him an idiot. I wonder if she calls him that often. 

@PutriSing Surprisingly no, hahaha, I think she only does it when she's angry. Most of the time she only implied it by teasing him or just saying that he's too kind so he can be taken advantage of. ZM never thinks WJ is an idiot, he's just too kind and too straight forward when dealing with people. A bit like GJ, I suppose

• Like 2

I told myself not to re watched the beginning of episode 40, but today is an exception.:lol:  Then I found the following scenes are interesting.  I'm just wondering if the person WJ rescue is ZM instead of ZZR.  Can he just leave ZM to ZD the way he left ZZR?

I believed if it was ZM, he'll hold her in one arm the entire time instead of leaving her to ZD.  

Lol....the first question ZWJ ask ZZR after he rescued her from the Beggar's Sect. is 'where is his Godfather?' not 'Are you okay?'

YxAoLBg.gif

Then WJ asked ZD to take care of ZZR for him while he casually talking to the Beggar's elders.  But both his hands are free why can't he support ZR instead of asking ZD.

IZe657B.gif

Here ZZR is neither really fainted or faking it, but our Zhang Jiao Zhu still just left her with ZD and continue talking.

0O1cESe.gif

Once again,  the only thing Zhang Jiao Zhu worried about is his Godfather.  Lol...does he even care about ZZR who still fainted in ZD's embraced?

0bBY4Nx.gif

• LOL 7

Gosh, ZZR is such a manipulated character.  WT* is she talking about here?  WJ asked her why she still hesitated/uncertain about his feeling for her.  She claimed because she broke her teacher's oath to married WJ.  ZM will hate her and also want to kill her.  Lol...what kind of  nonsense coming out of ZZR's mouth.  Shouldn't it be her teacher MJ's ghost that should come back to haunt/kill her instead.

[DJyUVjr.gif

• LOL 2

@jackieusa I think ZR plan was after ZM is dead, she married WJ, she will confess eveything, but since ZM is dead WJ cannot be with ZM anymore, WJ won't leave her. That's what I think anyway.

And ZR skill without Jiu Yin manual is about the same as ZM and ZM do have lotsa skillful subordinate that can kill her if she bothered (which ZM won't, it's too dumb of a plan for ZM) So yah she still has to hide she's learning Jiu Yin manual for the moment

• Like 1

Same sentences "I don't want to see you anymore", two different outcome

ZM said it

XypX1Dxl.png

WJ chase after ZM immediately

V3PA6c1.gif

And still try to give her water

9QkluTQ.gif

ZR said it

UskQwZPl.png

First thing next morning went to ZM's room to look for her :joy:

98NyK4X.gif

• LOL 8

9 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

What was the convo between ZZR and ZWJ about after he rescued her from the gang? She's mad?

You mean immediately after she got rescued and fainted? Or after they finished the beggar sect business and back at the inn?

8 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

You mean immediately after she got rescued and fainted? Or after they finished the beggar sect business and back at the inn?

I think dramagirlslove means back at the Inn when WJ feed her medicine.  

ZR got really pissed at WJ for defending ZM and meeting her behind her back.:lol:

Just a plug for my having just posted a filled-in scene (it comes up as a second chapter) to accompany my 'long fic' "Gifts"

Inspired by Joseph and the script-writers excellent Wuji-at-Zhaomin's-gravestone scene in the 2019 HSDS, I'm filling in the converse scene: Zhaomin at the Imperial funeral.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18294353/chapters/44514883

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Disclaimer: this is my personal view on character like ZZR (referred strictly to the traits of character ZR or those resembling this fictional character. Not the actresses who played them) .  This might not be agreeable to some. No ill intention whatsoever. 

This post might contain allusion to emotional abuse and/or turmoil (very mildly alluded,  and not explicitly stated of course).  Please do not proceed to read if this might not sit well with you.

Peace all :blush:

Spoiler

One of the reasons why I could not pity or like ZZR character or other characters that pretend to be weak to get pity of the person they like (strictly the fictional character , not the actresses who have ever portrayed her), even when I was much younger watching the 86 version (for ZR) , is how scarily manipulative this  type of character is. Like in the case of ZR in HSDS,  She did the crime and yet she still play those emotional manipulation toward WJ. She lied to keep him. She kept her facade, never mind that by doing so,  she is ready to get the man that she supposedly really love enter the marriage marred with lies that cover horrible crime.  The manipulation was astounding. For example,  in this version, she dared to confront WJ if he suspected her (when ZM revealed her evil doing in front of the Ming members). 

She has pretty face, dainty appearance, outwardly meek demeanor and "the perfect wife" materials, but behind all these traits exist someone who can commit murders on people who she thinks threaten her goal. Sure,  she had MJST that can be blamed for her descend to the psychotic side, and I am not dismissing the role MJST played in shaping ZR,  but at the end of the day,  she make that choice to commit all those evil deeds.

She can blame the world high and low,  blame MJ  but she was the one who decided not only to steal the sword and sabre and learned the secret to bring glory to Emei,  but she also planned to (and did) frame ZM and leaving her adrift in the ocean, she killed the villagers (in the novel, if I remembered correctly), she slashed YL face. I am not sure MJ told her to do all that,  in addition to wanting her to kill WJ. 

Honestly, I don't think she ever plan to reveal her bad deeds to WJ even if they did get married. At least not if she could. So long that no evidences and witness to link those crimes to her,  I personally feel she will not reveal. She's doing her shifu deeds afterall *roll eyes*

Even in real and nowadays life,  a person like WJ should thank his or her lucky star that he can escape the betrothal before things went too far with character like ZZR.  All the joy and novelties of having the "perfect spouse" would soon be gone once the other side of his/her spouses rear its head. Cannot get too close to his/her cousins,  lest the spouse will go on jealous rampage. If one want to quit and walk away from this type of relationship, with the tactic like hurting oneself/threatening suicide,  it would be quite hard and emotionally draining to extricate oneself from the mess, the emotional burden, rollercoaster and guilt.  It's scary scary scary reality actually:cry:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Disclaimer: this is my personal view on character like ZZR (referred strictly to the traits of character ZR or those resembling this fictional character. Not the actresses who played them) .  This might not be agreeable to some. No ill intention whatsoever. 

This post might contain allusion to emotional abuse and/or turmoil (very mildly alluded,  and not explicitly stated of course).  Please do not proceed to read if this might not sit well with you.

Peace all :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

One of the reasons why I could not pity or like ZZR character or other characters that pretend to be weak to get pity of the person they like (strictly the fictional character , not the actresses who have ever portrayed her), even when I was much younger watching the 86 version (for ZR) , is how scarily manipulative this  type of character is. Like in the case of ZR in HSDS,  She did the crime and yet she still play those emotional manipulation toward WJ. She lied to keep him. She kept her facade, never mind that by doing so,  she is ready to get the man that she supposedly really love enter the marriage marred with lies that cover horrible crime.  The manipulation was astounding. For example,  in this version, she dared to confront WJ if he suspected her (when ZM revealed her evil doing in front of the Ming members). 

She has pretty face, dainty appearance, outwardly meek demeanor and "the perfect wife" materials, but behind all these traits exist someone who can commit murders on people who she thinks threaten her goal. Sure,  she had MJST that can be blamed for her descend to the psychotic side, and I am not dismissing the role MJST played in shaping ZR,  but at the end of the day,  she make that choice to commit all those evil deeds.

She can blame the world high and low,  blame MJ  but she was the one who decided not only to steal the sword and sabre and learned the secret to bring glory to Emei,  but she also planned to (and did) frame ZM and leaving her adrift in the ocean, she killed the villagers (in the novel, if I remembered correctly), she slashed YL face. I am not sure MJ told her to do all that,  in addition to wanting her to kill WJ. 

Honestly, I don't think she ever plan to reveal her bad deeds to WJ even if they did get married. At least not if she could. So long that no evidences and witness to link those crimes to her,  I personally feel she will not reveal. She's doing her shifu deeds afterall *roll eyes*

Even in real and nowadays life,  a person like WJ should thank his or her lucky star that he can escape the betrothal before things went too far with character like ZZR.  All the joy and novelties of having the "perfect spouse" would soon be gone once the other side of his/her spouses rear its head. Cannot get too close to his/her cousins,  lest the spouse will go on jealous rampage. If one want to quit and walk away from this type of relationship, with the tactic like hurting oneself/threatening suicide,  it would be quite hard and emotionally draining to extricate oneself from the mess, the emotional burden, rollercoaster and guilt.  It's scary scary scary reality actually:cry:

I agree that I also think that she wasn't planning on coming clean even after marriage. Why would she? If at the end she got the man, why can't she keep the innocent, pure act if he was none the wiser. I definitely think she would choose to vilify MM.