[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

@caranita :D Proudly too.. lols.

Yang Xiao - Ji xiaofu's storyline makes me very impressed..... :wub: mostly I think its a combination of a good script for the character and the actors ability to pull it off..... 

Lin yu shen's Yang xiao makes me laugh when he first uttered his "yo!" and then the "rotten nun" comment is hilarious... hahaha...

I admit tho I'm biased on YX so I don't think I can give a good judgement on the current story.. lols.. what can I say... the guy's a scene stealer 

Anyway.. this YT account made cut scenes of YX-JXF from ep 4 to 27.... not gonna lie, watching ep 11-12 in one go makes me sad again... lols. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 3/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, dramagirlslove said:

Did we ever find out what he was dreaming about? He kinda woke up screaming.

He said something along the lines of "I don't want to" and it came after some scenes with ZM so my thinking is that the dream is related to that. Otherwise that scene would be random and redundant. In my opinion at least.

Hahaha... it's amusing and delightful to see that YX has accumulated a bit of a cult following here. The actor's undoubtedly got the chops and the charisma. And honestly, where would WJ be without him? The kid has the martial arts but lacks the ruthless resolve. Anyway WJ's around long enough to put certain things into motion.

4 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I'm so glad the ending they left together and leave everything behind. Can you imagine ZWJ as the emperor? He'll be the worst emperor ever. Just remember the case where he concluded the antidote for 3rd and 6th uncle by himself. He fallen prey to ZM trap so easily while in his court as an emperor, cunning people will be like almost every ministers and generals. 

Plus, in his harem, ZM and ZZR will fight everyday over EVERYTHING. I imagine ZWJ will abdicate the throne and become monk somewhere. 

To be fair, a good ruler usually knows how to surround himself with the right sorts of advisers. ;) Even if he did become emperor, he'd have various people by his side... pretty much along the lines of what's happening now.

But all that's rather hypothetical because WJ's heart is really in becoming a wandering physician a role which he is eminently suited for. It used to frustrate me no end that someone else became the emperor but as I get older I see the wisdom of how things play. The conversation over the hotpot was a deeply moving way of foreshadowing the resolution.

This reminds of something I wanted to say about WJ in my last post but it slipped my mind.

This adaptation does a stellar and consistent job of portraying WJ as a healer all throughout. It's clear that is his primary role in this story as the "goody goody". The young physician heals himself. He unites a bitterly divided Ming sect and becomes the salve for old wounds. The Ming sect and Wudang soon become allies because of his connection. Then there's his part in bringing physical healing to his "uncles". He also has a  part to play in the resolution of XF and YX's romance. Of course the next big job is the coming together of the martial arts community in the effort to end Mongolian rule. Only a person of his personality and calibre can achieve this. And yet... it's clear that though he leads the effort, he isn't meant to rule.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:06 PM, Yitian_fan said:

@40somethingahjumma Loving ZM a great deal and there are three critical ways they make this ZM better

1) Intellectual connection with ZWJ (i.e., hotpot conversation)

2) Actual reasonable political ambitions (e.g., her complaint is that the difference between Qing and Ming is just dynasty, they're not treating people worse- and sure they have rogues but that's why they need a stronger Qing- and the Hans are not being reasonable about it out of prejudice. Interesting point of view for sure and hotly debated in c-forums because of China's strong "One-China-No-Race-Divide" type of policies in this day and age!)

3) More fun and flirty!

You must mean Yuan dynasty? ;)

Well, she's certainly thought about it. ;) The martial arts community are a divided lot even among the six so-called orthodox sects. Do they really care about the common people? It's hard to say. They seem to be largely preoccupied with egos and agendas. Of course the right kind of leadership would steer the ship aright.

The thing about ZM is that she may be the Enemy but she's certainly upfront and purposeful about it. Besides she wouldn't have had as much success if the internal fissures weren't already in existence. Each sect seems to be only concerned about maintaining its own glory which is why there was all the kerfuffle over the Tulong sabre in the first instance.

The thing about Zhao Min is that she's just pulling for her side. I've seen people call her "bad" in the past but she's just doing what she thinks she has to do to protect her side of politics. Sure she does it with gleeful ruthlessness but there's plenty of ugly dirty laundry on the other side as well. Interesting though that the Mongolians created the largest empire the world has ever seen but they weren't able to hold it together for very long. Not bad though for what was largely a nomadic people.

At the end of the day, I don't think ZM switched sides per se but she chose her man over everything else.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This reminds of something I wanted to say about WJ in my last post but it slipped my mind.

This adaptation does a stellar and consistent job of portraying WJ as a healer all throughout. It's clear that is his primary role in this story as the "goody goody". The young physician heals himself. He unites a bitterly divided Ming sect and becomes the salve for old wounds. The Ming sect and Wudang soon become allies because of his connection. Then there's his part in bringing physical healing to his "uncles". He also has a  part to play in the resolution of XF and YX's romance. Of course the next big job is the coming together of the martial arts community in the effort to end Mongolian rule. Only a person of his personality and calibre can achieve this. And yet... it's clear that though he leads the effort, he isn't meant to rule.

Yes, i agree with you on this. I must say ZWJ is too naive in judging people, to me he's just lucky YX doesn't have ZYZ ambition otherwise ZWJ will get toppled very early. 

An emperor must know how to balance his court while ZWJ is too idealistic for this. Emperor must be ruthless at needed times and ZWJ is not cut for this. 

ZWJ is naive village boy meeting ZM Glamorous sophisticated city girl, it seems Jin Yong really likes opposite attraction in his works. 

To me I'm waiting for the duel in Shaolin in saving XX, also because yellow dress maiden will be appear there. 

I think they will make it look like Ming Sect killed ZM dad but in fact it was Mongolian internal conflicts that causing his death. So this way they can reconcile.

• Insightful 2

Count me in on the Yang Xiao fan club!  I was actually pretty distracted by the odd make up during the Ji Xiao Fu episodes (were they trying to make him look younger with the excessive powder/eyeliner/lipstick)?  But his charm was so strong!  Love the perpetual smirk... and that voice!  :wub:   I usually don't like the facial hair that apparently all men grow as they age (?!) in these dramas, but I gotta say, it's not a bad look on him! 

Love his fight scenes too... so darn cool.  Can't believe this is his first costume drama.... he should do more!

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I realized the significance of the boat scene where ZM doesn't want to return to China and pushes the boat to sea. It will only set up and emphasize how ZWJ will feel betrayed once he believes that she killed Yin Li, took the sword, and took the boat after he saw her proclaiming that she doesnt want to go back. 

• Like 1

Ah... nevermind just scared myself about the ban, which apparently is not happening (or mildly happening and shouldn't affect HSDS!)

12 hours! (Happy dance!)

@40somethingahjumma Yes Yuan!  I've been corrected once before but have seen so many Qing/Ming wuxia in my life it's habit :)  I agree she chose her man over everything else, but I like it that we get some symmetry, i.e., ZWJ will do the same.  Although here, I wonder if they try to make it more palatable by 1)

Spoiler

having her father die, so it's not like she also left her kin

2) Having ZWJ and her both be disillusioned by the reality of dynasty and revolution (so it's a philosophical choice as well?)

It's TONIGHT everybody. Embrace yourself....:glasses:

Since they give so much character background to ZZR even SQS, i wonder whether they will give the same to ZM. Other adaptations seem giving only slight appearances for ZM family. I hope they will give us more on ZM. I understand the hype when ZM throw the sword but i want more like ZM plan her own investigation and revenge for her family even only in just 1 episode it's ok for me. I believe Yukee Chen can pull this off brilliantly. 

I want to have full Arya Stark mode on ZM before meeting ZWJ again. So much to fulfill our thirst on ZM. 

@graceeedwardmom

Love it, Arya is another favorite of mine!  Yes!  We need Zhaomin reciting lists of people she wants killed. ;) (Ok, now we're just blood thirsty!) Agreed it'll be nice if (like 2001) they gave ZM both backstory and plot lines that are just her and nothing to do with Wuji.... of course, more time with Wuji is also welcome... I guess we just need MORE ZM!

But seriously, there's not that many episodes left so it's actually going to be hard to fit in all the character development we're looking for.  Let's see how it goes- Im still nervous about the melodrama but tonight should be just the cute (where Wuji is forced to

Spoiler

call ZM "Hao jiejie!" "Good sister" in exchange for her rescuing ZZR from her Ermei sisters

for him. ;) )

More cute please!

• Love 1

I really love the interactions between ZM and WJ. They are not just the usual boring lovey dovey, but they also act as frienemy :lol: with two-sides bickering (what I meant is that they both can voice their objections to each other, give each other a piece of their minds instead of just WJ tip toeing around the lady, afraid of offending the woman while trying to calm or pacify her). I feel it is better than just him having to walking around egg shells of a fragile emotions. That's why I like ZM. She's not easily offended (even if she did, she knows when she needs to ignore and when she needs to take action). It shows that WJ actually quite comfortable with ZM, even though he tried to deny it.

Spoiler

In the forest scene when ZM continued goading WJ to call her "hao jie jie", he just naturally grab her hand before she swat his hand away :lol:.  Then in the two scenes where WJ, in a reflex, pull her closer to his side to avoid being caught snooping in the background (one when they spied Emei and one when they hid from grannie Jin Hua. Guess he secretly (and even maybe he did not realize it yet) started to like ZM, at the very least, treating her as his equal/confidante.

COnsidering he is the one who make the first move to want to kiss her (before his rationale self kicks in) in ep 36 preview also speaks volume about his deeply buried feeling toward ZM that starts to butt its head to the surface whenever his guard is down :wub:

ZM really knows how to richard simmons him off, and he is actually allowed to be pissed :love:. It's so cute that she called XZ little rabbit. She's jealous but she didn't just go and hurt her rival. That's a confident lady there.

I really love the interactions between ZM and WJ, and both acted so well. Kudos to Joseph and Yukee :love:

Aargh next week will be annoying for me. ZM got framed and naive WJ believed the scheme concocted by ZZR. Can someone remind me of the storyline? After they proof WJ innocence on MSG's death, how did they god separated and WJ went to almost marry ZZR? Somehow this part was a blur, maybe because I never like this storyline arc:sweatingbullets:

The fact that WJ was so hurt and angry at ZM in the preview for ep 38 shows that her "betrayal" truly hurt him the most. The one you love the most, can hurt the deepest. Yet, he still cannot kill her. In the previous versions, WJ always could not bring himself to hurt her even when he thought she killed YL. Yet, he is ready to hurt anyone who hurt ZM, including ZZR (at least threatened to kill) toward the end of the series in the previous versions that I watched. It's a nice development to show how strong his feeling gets as the series progress.

Seems like ZM is really dotted by her father and brother. In the scene with her family, you can see an proud princess unwilling to be blamed for something that is not her fault, but also a dotted daughter who can still be a little daughter to her father. Make it even sadder that she will lose her father and brother at the end :bawling:

ZM and ZWJ fighting!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Hahaha.. Chipz03, funny that your support for ZWJ/ZM is what you put in spoiler. tags.. does that make you a closet ZWJ/ZM shipper? ;)

Yes, next week is the beggars sect episode and then the travelling to Shaolin!

Also ZM will brake in to the wedding of WJ & ZZR.

Hi everyone, guess this week is about love blossoming in ZWJ and ZM heart. But next week, will be about heartbreak and angst. 

I can't remember exactly about how ZWJ find out about who killed YL. Can anyone here inform me?

Does XX remember everything and tell ZWJ or YL came back alive and confront ZZR??

Also one more thing, i remember from other adaptations ZWJ is fierce to ZM when he thought ZM killed YL. But ZWJ kind of forgiving when truth comes out. As far as i can remember, he didn't try to kill ZZR :triumph:

i hope this HSDS will try to make up for it. I can feel this ZWJ loves ZM very much.  

P.S can we hope for a kiss? Because last LOCH got no kiss but i can understand because GJ and HR theme is teenage love kinda pure and sweet feeling between them. But ZWJ and ZM are two hottest people on earth with plenty time together. Can we get at least a kiss ?:kiss_wink:

Edited by graceeedwardmom
  • Like 1