[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

I’ve read the synopsis and halfway through it i decided not to watch because i was thinking at that time that it may not have a happy ending. However, i couldn’t not watch it because the concept is a bit new to me, the actors also, and besides eyeing just for a happy ending as excuse is lame. I watched all the eng subbed episodes that i found yesterday and i can’t wait for ep 13 to be uploaded. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, anonymouschic said:

I’ve read the synopsis and halfway through it i decided not to watch because i was thinking at that time that it may not have a happy ending. However, i couldn’t not watch it because the concept is a bit new to me, the actors also, and besides eyeing just for a happy ending as excuse is lame. I watched all the eng subbed episodes that i found yesterday and i can’t wait for ep 13 to be uploaded. 

People were saying how the synopsis sounded so boring like a typical story, but then they gave it a try anyways for whatever reason and they became hooked. I think this one will have a happy ending. I just remembered seeing them film a wedding scene in their last day of shoot. Not sure if that is the ending or did they film it before then

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@SillyCoconut...I meant information about the cast, where the source of inspiration came from for the novel etc....

Ah okay. LOL. I am a little slow today

Babel is the fansub that does the youtube subbing for the drama. Remember in the drama Helan said he written the song for his lover. That was probably the last life time before PiPi. 

DeF4rHWU0AAa62t.jpg

Here is part of the Vstream with Xiaoju & Kuanyong: https://weibo.com/tv/v/GiVzJwiRx?fid=1034:015da5130b391c9d6a51883a51520686

Kuanyong being cute as heck on TikTok: https://weibo.com/tv/v/GiWjPj0w9?fid=1034:356476a237109fdd574600b615814369

Even though he looks so cute and fluffy in the drama he can totally be a bad boy if he wanted to be.

006eESkVgy1frsft79cldj30k00tzdnd.jpg0079wqh7ly1frt294xdqzj30ia0s5dio.jpg

1 hour ago, SillyCoconut said:

Kuanyong being cute as heck on TikTok

Even though he looks so cute and fluffy in the drama he can totally be a bad boy if he wanted to be.

Not sure abt 1st pic...but the 2nd pic....the name on the btm right says 李燊 Li Shen, the actor of Xiuxian, the other sidekick.

Kuanyong role is played by 李嘉铭 Li Jia Ming.

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@SillyCoconut... He looks god as a bad boy... I would definitely JUMP HIS BONES :wub::wub::wub: 

Is that for movie or drama? Can I know the title??

If I remember correctly this drama is his first acting gig. He is from a film school and I believe that is his portfolio picture because there are a tons of picture of him posing, but the other ones are more sweet/cute. I was thinking the same thing...I wouldn't mind a piece of that pie. Keke :wub::wink:

2 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

Not sure abt 1st pic...but the 2nd pic....the name on the btm right says 李燊 Li Shen, the actor of Xiuxian, the other sidekick.

Kuanyong role is played by 李嘉铭 Li Jia Ming.

The 1st and 2nd picture are from the same photo set. I know it's Li Shen, Xiuxian's character. Didn't you see my description? I said cute and fluffy in the drama, but I didn't give a name of who it is. Xiuxian is always happy and smiling in the drama.) Kuanyong doesn't really smile in the drama. I got those off of their weibo fan pages

Spoiler

im starting to get annoyed of this drama on ep 19 when the ex boyfriend was like can we be friend i was so pissed off leave her alone and the stupid foreshadowing of tell me if their is anything i can do for you its so easy to see they r going to fake be together again to save HL from dying for her  i love pipi's best friend when she was talking to the ex telling him to leave her alone 

Yep, the noble idiocy rears its ugly head even in C-dramas!!! We get plenty of that in K-dramas. Qian Hua laid some guilt trip on Pipi though. In order for her to live pass 25 y/o, only Helan can save her with his life. I'm quite sure Pipi doesn't want that as she's fallen in love with him. She sacrificed herself for him to see, and it's karma that he sacrifice himself for her to live.

Jian Lin is so stupid. He, obviously, regrets breaking up with Pipi. He probably realized that Tian Xin is not Pipi when they were in the States. By that I mean, how Pipi was able to place him first priority and front and center in her life. She did everything for him, whereas TX tried, but didn't want to. Now, with TX and him "breaking up," he realizes Pipi's worth. Too late she has moved on. But, her path with Helan has too many obstacles. A) She's not going to make it pass 25 years of age (unless something happens); 2) She is after all human and he's not.

I wonder what outcome will come about from the Xiao Ju, Xiu Xian & Kwanyong "triangle." Xiu Xian, obviously, really likes her. But it seems Xiao Ju likes Kwanyong. However, we don't know about Kwanyong's feeling towards her yet.[/spoiler]

Holy snap!! We're reaching the end! I can't wait to see how this drama ends! I'm just so glad it's short - I gave up watching Here to Heart 'cause of how draggy and wishy-washy it was.  I've included some links to next weeks episodes. I hope they work!

Them turn of events tho... :crazy::o

Ep. 21 Preview: 

Ep. 22 Preview:

Ep. 23 Preview:

Ep. 24 Preview:

I initially had some sympathy for Zhao Song, seeing that he was in love with Qian Hua for hundreds of years, whereas she only had eyes for Helan but what he did in Ep. 17 has totally put me off him.

Spoiler

Utterly despicable and unforgivable. And also considering the fact that she was already going to confess, totally unnecessary. Now he has ruined whatever chance he had with her. I hope the Writers don’t try to redeem him with some self sacrificing act later.

2 hours ago, silfeeah said:

Holy snap!! We're reaching the end! I can't wait to see how this drama ends! I'm just so glad it's short - I gave up watching Here to Heart 'cause of how draggy and wishy-washy it was.  I've included some links to next weeks episodes. I hope they work!

Ep. 21 Preview: 

Hide contents

Ep. 22 Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

Ep. 23 Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

Ep. 24 Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

Can someone translate the previews? Please. 

Oh boy I am only starting ep 13. Then popped here and you guys are talking way ahead of me. I watched ep 21 and yes I can understand it.

Hence running back to ep 13. It sounds too serious.

3 hours ago, silfeeah said:

Ep. 21 Preview: 

Reveal hidden contents

Ep. 22 Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

Ep. 23 Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

Ep. 24 Preview:

Reveal hidden contents

Well next week is the ending so they gotta wrap up the story. I really wonder how the ending will turn out like because in the book PiPi saved Helan and save herself from the curse. 

Yeah...the preview for next week took a wild turn. At least it is keeping fans of the drama on their feet with the fast pace storyline.

Break up this week. Sleep together and get marry next week. It seems like Helan got attacked by Zhao Song, either before or after the wedding. They really did Qian Hua wrong this weeks episode...I hope they will get revenge on Zhao Song and everyone has somewhat of a happy ending

8 hours ago, phuong1317 said:
  Hide contents

im starting to get annoyed of this drama on ep 19 when the ex boyfriend was like can we be friend i was so pissed off leave her alone and the stupid foreshadowing of tell me if their is anything i can do for you its so easy to see they r going to fake be together again to save HL from dying for her  i love pipi's best friend when she was talking to the ex telling him to leave her alone 

Like the saying goes: you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. I think PiPi balanced both Jialin and Tian Xin's character. They both have what she doesn't have and in some twisted way, now that they are on the same platform with no one to compare to or no one to boost their ego up, they both see the ugly side of each other. Even though in earlier episodes he joked in a nasty way that what will PiPi do for him in America, cook and clean for him? In a sort of ironic way, you see him telling Tian Xin in recent episodes to pack the suitcase, fix the toilet, when they go back what they need to pack for their long stay next time etc. 

But this is pretty realistic. 

3 hours ago, transki said:

Can someone translate the previews? Please. 

I will try to translate. I am not fluent in Mandarin but I understand enough. :D

Ep. 21: 

Crazy Fox (?) Lady: rest assured, it'll be okay soon.

Jia Lin: Careful! Quick, run Pi Pi!

He Lan Nightmare Scene:

Pi Pi: I'll go get you a towel, wait a moment.

Pi Pi: I won't go.

Sad Sexy Scene : (I'm just going to summarize this 'cause I can't give a an exact word for word translation)

Pi Pi says that they shouldn't see each other anymore. He Lan tries to convince her to let him save her life. Pi Pi says that do you think  that she'll be happy if he exchanges his life for her own. He Lan then says 25 years old is one of the best/most beautiful time of anyone's life - planning for the future and finding love (don't understand what he said exactly there).

Ep. 22:

Qing Mu: For the future of the Fox Clan, please accept [I do not know what he said]...

Murder Scene:

Zhao Song: We are really similar. However, the person I hate most is myself. *stab*

Ep 23:

Zhao Song: You were correct, we are all too extreme. [I'm think he saying they're too polarizing???] 

Zhao Song: You don't have the key anymore (I think it was that box he gave to He Lan in the  ep 22 preview) and you are no longer the ruler of the Fox Clan. *murders*

Wedding :wub::

Kuanyong: Do you take Guan Pi Pi to be your wife?

He Lan: I do.

Kuanyong:  Guan Pi Pi, will you be He Lan's wife?

Pi Pi: I do. 

Rain on their Wedding Parade:

Zhao Song: When did you become so weak? Becoming like this because of a human. If you give me the key I'll kill you. If you don't I will kill everyone you love. 

Ep 24:

Nurse: Has the patient's family come?

Pi Pi's Dad: Yes, I am her partner. How is her condition?

Nurse: It is not good. We need to do surgery immediately.

Dad: How is the condition of both child and mother?

Nurse: Both is not good.

The nurse asks him to sign something and the dad tries to get pass to see his wife.

Park Scene: (I'm just gonna summarize)

Basically Pi Pi's mom is yelling at the dad 'cause she thinks he's embarrassing/shameful, comparing him to Jia Lin's dad. 

He Lan stops kidnapper:

He Lan: Stop running. Let the child go and I'll let you go. 

Han Lan: Let's go find your mom and dad. 

He Lan: Hui Yan, wait for me. I'll come find you in 20 years, ok?

Pi Pi: Ok.

@SillyCoconut Okay, that's a good indication for a promising ending!!! I wonder what she does that saves them both... will the reincarnation continue or stop because of what Pi Pi will do... Will she be able to be with He Lan forever? Will He Lan become mortal? @_@ Lol. Too many questions.

1 hour ago, silfeeah said:

He Lan stops kidnapper:

Who  is Hue Yan? So she is Pi Pi or Pi Pi in her next life?

Is the drama HE or OE? 

17 minutes ago, lizhn18 said:

Who  is Hue Yan? So she is Pi Pi or Pi Pi in her next life?

Is the drama HE or OE? 

Pi Pi is the reincarnation of Hui Yan: Pi Pi's first life and He Lan's wife.

What do you mean by HE or OE?

8 hours ago, silfeeah said:

I will try to translate. I am not fluent in Mandarin but I understand enough. :D

Ep. 21: 

Reveal hidden contents

Crazy Fox (?) Lady: rest assured, it'll be okay soon.

Jia Lin: Careful! Quick, run Pi Pi!

He Lan Nightmare Scene:

Pi Pi: I'll go get you a towel, wait a moment.

Pi Pi: I won't go.

Sad Sexy Scene : (I'm just going to summarize this 'cause I can't give a an exact word for word translation)

Pi Pi says that they shouldn't see each other anymore. He Lan tries to convince her to let him save her life. Pi Pi says that do you think  that she'll be happy if he exchanges his life for her own. He Lan then says 25 years old is one of the best/most beautiful time of anyone's life - planning for the future and finding love (don't understand what he said exactly there).

Ep. 22:

Reveal hidden contents

Qing Mu: For the future of the Fox Clan, please accept [I do not know what he said]...

Murder Scene:

Zhao Song: We are really similar. However, the person I hate most is myself. *stab*

Ep 23:

Reveal hidden contents

Zhao Song: You were correct, we are all too extreme. [I'm think he saying they're too polarizing???] 

Zhao Song: You don't have the key anymore (I think it was that box he gave to He Lan in the  ep 22 preview) and you are no longer the ruler of the Fox Clan. *murders*

Wedding :wub::

Kuanyong: Do you take Guan Pi Pi to be your wife?

He Lan: I do.

Kuanyong:  Guan Pi Pi, will you be He Lan's wife?

Pi Pi: I do. 

Rain on their Wedding Parade:

Zhao Song: When did you become so weak? Becoming like this because of a human. If you give me the key I'll kill you. If you don't I will kill everyone you love. 

Ep 24:

Reveal hidden contents

Nurse: Has the patient's family come?

Pi Pi's Dad: Yes, I am her partner. How is her condition?

Nurse: It is not good. We need to do surgery immediately.

Dad: How is the condition of both child and mother?

Nurse: Both is not good.

The nurse asks him to sign something and the dad tries to get pass to see his wife.

Park Scene: (I'm just gonna summarize)

Basically Pi Pi's mom is yelling at the dad 'cause she thinks he's embarrassing/shameful, comparing him to Jia Lin's dad. 

He Lan stops kidnapper:

Thanks for the translation.. so this means Pi Pi sacrifice for He Lan again?? No Wonder He Lan can see in the day light ... that is why reincarnate to Huey Yan? And He Lan needs to wait for another 20 years to meet the adult Huey Yan??? Awwwww... this is sad ending to me!!!!!

17 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

Even though in earlier episodes he joked in a nasty way that what will PiPi do for him in America, cook and clean for him? In a sort of ironic way, you see him telling Tian Xin in recent episodes to pack the suitcase, fix the toilet, when they go back what they need to pack for their long stay next time etc. 

@SillyCoconutTJ wasn’t a good boyfriend in the earlier episode. TX wasn’t a good friend either , I think she did care for PiPi but she loved herself more.

TJ and TX can never be truly happy because of how they became a couple. In their rush to be happy, they hurt a friend that means a lot to them. 

I find TJ the character a man who wants to succeed but doesn’t know what he wants. He took PiPi for granted and chose TX because she is the type of woman he needs to succeed. Ofcourse this selection is because TX is what his mom approves of. All the years he was dating PiPi, his mom never liked her and I think that kind of judgment played a big role in his decision not to love PiPi. His mom’s opinion good or bad would only affected him through the years unlike Axi . Axi knew who loved and who he wanted. He refused to let his father tell him who to choose as a mate. Sure he chose the hard way but he is a leader not a follower. TJ often felt embarrassed of PiPi because she wasn’t educated enough but in the long run she was the one who believed and trusted him the most. 

Archived