[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

52 minutes ago, SillyCoconut said:

There will be 2 on Weds and 2 on Thurs. The reason why there were 8 episodes for VIP members last week is because they are allowed to view episodes ahead of us. Since we got to see 4 episodes opening week they got to see 8 episodes (Episodes 1-4 like the rest of us and 5-8 for the following week). Not sure if that makes sense. So this week we get to see episodes 5-8 and they get to see 9-12. 

I can't wait for 9-12. I hope maplestage with have it. Lol

Does anyone know I can read an online version of the book? Chinese version is fine bez I am going to use google translate to read it. Lol

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

There will be 2 on Weds and 2 on Thurs. The reason why there were 8 episodes for VIP members last week is because they are allowed to view episodes ahead of us. Since we got to see 4 episodes opening week they got to see 8 episodes (Episodes 1-4 like the rest of us and 5-8 for the following week). Not sure if that makes sense. So this week we get to see episodes 5-8 and they get to see 9-12. 

ah okay thanks for the detailed explanation!

17 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

I think you need to address who you are talking about because you keep saying saying her and that girl. There are a handful of girls here...which one?

Are you talking about when the girl (Wang Xuan) who asked for the guy's (Zhao Kuanyong) wechat, but that other guy (Xiu Xian) commented on her looks?

Quit thinking.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:51 AM, vlvl1 said:
On 5/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, SillyCoconut said:

week). Not sure if that makes sense. So this week we get to see episodes 5

On 5/14/2018 at 5:51 AM, vlvl1 said:

Does anyone know I can read an online version of the book? Chinese version is fine bez I am going to use google translate to read it. Lol

-8 and they get to see 9-12. 

https://www.kanunu8.com/book/3650/index.html.

There's two more books on the couple as well. But the television drama doesn't go that far. 

On 5/12/2018 at 12:52 AM, janice930201 said:

Female lead was cursed to die every reincarnation when she reach 25 yo. Male lead was able to find female lead every times and they fall in love at first sight, continue their love story until female lead died unexpectedly in every lifetimes.

This time, female lead does not fall in love with male lead at the first sight because time and era has changed.

Modern day female lead was in love with her boyfriend. Male lead was looking for a way to break the curse so female lead will not die before 25yo. 

It was stated the first life of female lead's purpose is to help the male lead to be a pure fox. Which is why her birth date and time were verified before male lead's family proceed with the wedding.

Male lead can't just let go of female lead because he loves her and feels that he has owed her a lot (in debt).  It was not shown what happened but we know that female lead in first life sacrificed her life for male lead. Which might be male lead has eaten her liver under his father's plan. Therefore, he is trying to reconcile their love and protect her every lifetimes.

Male lead is the leader of rebellious tribe of heaven fox, which lead to two groups:-

- Northern (male lead's father and adopted brother - only mixed around with foxes, avoid humans, lay low and maintain the great power of fox tribe, think highly of fox and believe human and fix should not interact with each other) and

- Southern (Male lead's group - mixed around with foxes and humans, living coexistence and no status difference between human beings and foxes, in fact male lead's eyes were blind under sunlight because he's a half-blood of fox father and human mother).

Thank you for the breakdown and explanation! It helps to understand the drama a little bit! 

I’m totally into this drama! Victoria’s acting has improved a little compared to her other dramas. I definitely like the story plot. It doesn’t hurt that the main lead actor, Huang Jingyu, is a stud muffin! Can’t wait for the subs for episodes 5 & 6 to come out.

After reading some of the synopsis, the curse thing is a bit gimmicky if you know what I mean. 

I've watched the first 4 eps, it kinda reminds me of those vampires or werewolves thing from Hollywood, minus the idol drama, although I have seen none of them lol.

inb4 still a better love story than Twilight

On 5/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, janice930201 said:

Female lead was cursed to die every reincarnation when she reach 25 yo. Male lead was able to find female lead every times and they fall in love at first sight, continue their love story until female lead died unexpectedly in every lifetimes.

This time, female lead does not fall in love with male lead at the first sight because time and era has changed.

Modern day female lead was in love with her boyfriend. Male lead was looking for a way to break the curse so female lead will not die before 25yo. 

It was stated the first life of female lead's purpose is to help the male lead to be a pure fox. Which is why her birth date and time were verified before male lead's family proceed with the wedding.

Male lead can't just let go of female lead because he loves her and feels that he has owed her a lot (in debt).  It was not shown what happened but we know that female lead in first life sacrificed her life for male lead. Which might be male lead has eaten her liver under his father's plan. Therefore, he is trying to reconcile their love and protect her every lifetimes.

Male lead is the leader of rebellious tribe of heaven fox, which lead to two groups:-

- Northern (male lead's father and adopted brother - only mixed around with foxes, avoid humans, lay low and maintain the great power of fox tribe, think highly of fox and believe human and fix should not interact with each other) and

- Southern (Male lead's group - mixed around with foxes and humans, living coexistence and no status difference between human beings and foxes, in fact male lead's eyes were blind under sunlight because he's a half-blood of fox father and human mother).

I would assume the male lead had birth defect since he was a half fox-half human... much like the lead character in the anime, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, who is a half human-half demon; who is weaker in his human form and stronger in his demon form, and he can't change on a go.

10 hours ago, visiopeia said:

By the way, ep 9 - 12 is airing tomorrow right? Anyone know where i able to watch it???? I can't wait to watch it !!!!!! 

yup epi 9 -12 is out but raw.  If you can watch it raw its on maplestage.

1 hour ago, visiopeia said:

i can't find them in maplestage!!!!!

I can see the links to ep 9-12 (raw).

I never read the novel....so the fox clan are aliens in the novel? Or is it changed due to china restrictions again?

Their restrictions are abit funny....anything that is more of common belief and supersititions eg ghosts...they ban. But if it is more towards totally made up...eg unknown alien race...it is ok.

And the 2 male followers of the male lead...in original novel, are they more "bromanatic"? Came across some comments in chinese forum but didnt read more to confirm.

The song 朱雀街 Zhu Que Jie is not bad. Translated as Suzaku / Vermilion Bird Street...which is a famous street in Xi-an(Chang-an) existed since old china...the name is one of the 4 sacred beasts (tiger, dragon, turtle-snake)...wonder any relation to the story. No eng sub.

@sugarplum892 i found it at maplestage!!! woohoo

SHe wore the necklace and got the scar at her back? or the time he did "something" to her wound??? What does the scar means???

the two guys so funny.. they tot their lord and Pi Pi has gone up to another "Stage" .. when the part the lord ask pi pi whether she is still pain.. their looks is soooo adorable! wakakakakakakakka

5 hours ago, visiopeia said:

@sugarplum892 i found it at maplestage!!! woohoo

SHe wore the necklace and got the scar at her back? or the time he did "something" to her wound??? What does the scar means???

the two guys so funny.. they tot their lord and Pi Pi has gone up to another "Stage" .. when the part the lord ask pi pi whether she is still pain.. their looks is soooo adorable! wakakakakakakakka

how you get it at maplestage? i search but i don't get it

11 hours ago, sabrinaliem said:

how you get it at maplestage? i search but i don't get it

i google it.. just type the chinese type and type maplestage.. volla .. it appear

This week only 4 episode??? not 8 episode???

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

i google it.. just type the chinese type and type maplestage.. volla .. it appear

This week only 4 episode??? not 8 episode???

Yup, apparently there's only 4 this week. So disappointed after rushing home from work to check for new episodes. :(

1 hour ago, silfeeah said:

Yup, apparently there's only 4 this week. So disappointed after rushing home from work to check for new episodes. :(

No wonder!! I am dying for ep 13 !!!!! hahahahahhaha this drama is soooo seducing!!! one week 4 episode is not enough!!!!! i regret that i start watching it.. i should wait till the drama ends! All Johnny Huang's fault! hahahahahahahahha :wub:

On 5/15/2018 at 8:27 AM, jing345 said:

After reading some of the synopsis, the curse thing is a bit gimmicky if you know what I mean. 

I've watched the first 4 eps, it kinda reminds me of those vampires or werewolves thing from Hollywood, minus the idol drama, although I have seen none of them lol.

inb4 still a better love story than Twilight

I think every country has their paranormal stories. In America: Vampires, Werewolves, Faes (Fairies), dragons, angels, demons, unicorn, witches, wizard, etc.  In Asian countries: Gods, Demons, foxes, tengu, dragons, ghost, phoenix etc. 

I read a lot of paranormal/urban stuff LOL. I use to like the Twilight series a lot because I liked the book a lot so having visual images were better than nothing. But if you compare paranormal stuff from Hollywood to those of Asian countries, Hollywood would lose because they killed almost every booked I ever liked.

On 5/16/2018 at 7:21 PM, Cedric Ong said:

I never read the novel....so the fox clan are aliens in the novel? Or is it changed due to china restrictions again?

Their restrictions are abit funny....anything that is more of common belief and supersititions eg ghosts...they ban. But if it is more towards totally made up...eg unknown alien race...it is ok.

I don't think they changed it because they made a remake of the drama Love from Another Star with alien theme. They also have series/movies revolving foxes or fox characters.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:40 PM, silfeeah said:

Does anyone know how well this drama is doing in China? I absolutely love this drama! 

P.S. I also found the lovely English song! 

The drama is doing really well. Better than anyone expected it too because it didn't have a press conference nor did it get promoted; just a few posters here and there only. It reached over 600m views for only 8 episodes and the last 2 episodes only aired today so numbers will keep increasing. It is also high rated and highly praised on a lot of sites.

On 5/16/2018 at 11:33 PM, visiopeia said:

The symbol on her back is a fox flower. The flower only started to appear after he 'planted' his flower (orb) on her.  Remember her soon-to-be-ex boyfriend just had a birthday. He is turning 25 and they are the same age. So with this logic it means when she turns 25, is when the flower will begin to fully blossom; her death. 

I love how her friend kept saying superstar as in they went to see a concert. But his servant/bodyguard, kept saying it's cosplay. There are alot of funny moments in this series. Not sure if you caught on, but in the scene Helan was introducing PiPi to the singer, Pipi was saying how she is a fan and how she loves all his songs. She listens and sings to them all the time. And then in a another later scene where her best friend asked her if she wanted to go ask for the female celebrities autograph. PiPi said she doesn't star chase.  So many good funny scenes in this drama. 

Ep. 7: Creatures really do love for a life time. Qianhua for 300 years ever since he rescued her and saved her from her loneliness with his advice. Helan has loved his wife (his only flower), for over a thousand years. Every time she was reincarnated he would go look for her. (Reminds me of those tales about how every creature only has one wife/mate for their lifetime).

Ep. 8: PiPi's friends are richard simmons. What goes around comes around. I hope the guy cheats on her with someone else or something happens to their love. The guy should have broken it off a long time ago instead of stringing PiPi along all those years. Her best friend is richard simmons too. #1 rule: Don't date your friends boyfriend/ex boyfriend. 

Ep. 5-6: PiPi's scared action reminds me of the time my friend saw some killer vampire movie and she slept holding a cross. sprayed holy water around her bed and had garlic string tied to her door and windows. LOL. It's human nature to fear what we don't know/understand. Now a days if we see people claiming they are some sort of urban myth, we'd either think they are crazy or fear them. 

Archived