[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alila Nguyen said:

My point is if he KNOW about the curse, which lead to her ultimate death, yet still insist on finding her, and make her fall in love with him, that’s rather selfish/wrong of him >_>???? Regardless of whether she can cure his blindness or not, and after many times, maybe he should get a hint? Lol

Unless i'm mistaken, she's a human and mortal so she's going to end up dying eventually anyways. I've only watched up to episode 3 but up to this point, they've only mentioned that she's the key to curing his blindness.As the synopsis mentions their lives are intertwined through many lifetimes because of fate. It's kind of like Princess Aurora, cursed to prick her finger no matter what. The change I mentioned earlier in their first interaction and how they mention that she seems different from past incarnations might suggest that there is a possibility that their fates are changing in this lifetime.

Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Hi nice to see you again @Alila Nguyen

I skipped most of Fire of Eternal Love as I felt it got really draggy & whatnot. Also I felt really bad for Zhan Feng after he found out his birth secret~ I didn't finish The Black Knight either.. It was just such a bizarre show LoL. I find the female villain more captivating than the female lead. 

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hi nice to see you again @Alila Nguyen

I skipped most of Fire of Eternal Love as I felt it got really draggy & whatnot. Also I felt really bad for Zhan Feng after he found out his birth secret~ I didn't finish The Black Knight either.. It was just such a bizarre show LoL. I find the female villain more captivating than the female lead. 

Lol, because the heroine is so cookie cutter these days! Must be cute! Must be quirky! Must be smart! But can’t be too smart or the male lead has nothing to do! Can’t be angry at anyone as they have to be nice!

because of this, the villainess tends to be more interesting lol! And the actress gets to showcase a lot more ranges, easier to capture the audience! 

@jayells guess i’ll be coming back to check the progress lol! Modern romance drama is meh to me atm, but I do want to know how the story goes! If it seems nice (plot wise), maybe i’ll Give it a go lol! But if there is bad acting and other bad stuffs, I will do what I normally do, go find the manhwa version of the book lol xD

Subbed episodes are now up at Dramafever, with a schedule of 4 episodes a week. So, it looks like the subs will be coming slower than the raw eps schedule. 

https://www.dramafever.com/drama/5190/moonshine-and-valentine-/

Also now available at Viki. Looks like same schedule eof 4 episodes a week:

https://www.viki.com/tv/36044c-the-love-knot-his-excellencys-first-love#team

Female lead was cursed to die every reincarnation when she reach 25 yo. Male lead was able to find female lead every times and they fall in love at first sight, continue their love story until female lead died unexpectedly in every lifetimes.

This time, female lead does not fall in love with male lead at the first sight because time and era has changed.

Modern day female lead was in love with her boyfriend. Male lead was looking for a way to break the curse so female lead will not die before 25yo. 

It was stated the first life of female lead's purpose is to help the male lead to be a pure fox. Which is why her birth date and time were verified before male lead's family proceed with the wedding.

Male lead can't just let go of female lead because he loves her and feels that he has owed her a lot (in debt).  It was not shown what happened but we know that female lead in first life sacrificed her life for male lead. Which might be male lead has eaten her liver under his father's plan. Therefore, he is trying to reconcile their love and protect her every lifetimes.

Male lead is the leader of rebellious tribe of heaven fox, which lead to two groups:-

- Northern (male lead's father and adopted brother - only mixed around with foxes, avoid humans, lay low and maintain the great power of fox tribe, think highly of fox and believe human and fox should not interact with each other too much) and

- Southern (Male lead's group - mixed around with foxes and humans, living coexistence and no status difference between human beings and foxes, in fact male lead's eyes were blind under sunlight because he's a half-blood, descendant of fox and human).

I've watched until 4 eps, so far it's quite interesting. First time watching the main couple, i like the female lead's character and she's quite good. 

So what i take from reading the previous posts, the male lead had failed many times in lifting the heroine's curse. So did he had a breaktrough in this lifetime to break the curse?

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

it release till ep 8??? where to watch it??? i only able to find it till ep 4

I watched it on Maplestage. 

3 hours ago, 12blbl said:

I've watched until 4 eps, so far it's quite interesting. First time watching the main couple, i like the female lead's character and she's quite good. 

So what i take from reading the previous posts, the male lead had failed many times in lifting the heroine's curse. So did he had a breaktrough in this lifetime to break the curse?

Yup. The male lead's father has to die for the curse to be lifted, and he died at the end of the novel. 

On 5/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, xdeluna said:

The female lead is cursed to die before the age of 25. So the male lead searches for her every lifetime before she die to ensure that she gets to be happy before her death. 

How do you know about this? I am only up to eps 4 but I don't remember this unless in later eps. 

People did say 8 eps are out but I can't find it anywhere.

12 hours ago, janice930201 said:

Female lead was cursed to die every reincarnation when she reach 25 yo. Male lead was able to find female lead every times and they fall in love at first sight, continue their love story until female lead died unexpectedly in every lifetimes.

This time, female lead does not fall in love with male lead at the first sight because time and era has changed.

Modern day female lead was in love with her boyfriend. Male lead was looking for a way to break the curse so female lead will not die before 25yo. 

It was stated the first life of female lead's purpose is to help the male lead to be a pure fox. Which is why her birth date and time were verified before male lead's family proceed with the wedding.

Male lead can't just let go of female lead because he loves her and feels that he has owed her a lot (in debt).  It was not shown what happened but we know that female lead in first life sacrificed her life for male lead. Which might be male lead has eaten her liver under his father's plan. Therefore, he is trying to reconcile their love and protect her every lifetimes.

Male lead is the leader of rebellious tribe of heaven fox, which lead to two groups:-

- Northern (male lead's father and adopted brother - only mixed around with foxes, avoid humans, lay low and maintain the great power of fox tribe, think highly of fox and believe human and fix should not interact with each other) and

- Southern (Male lead's group - mixed around with foxes and humans, living coexistence and no status difference between human beings and foxes, in fact male lead's eyes were blind under sunlight because he's a half-blood of fox father and human mother).

THank for all these info. Do u know where I can read an online version of the novel?

8 hours ago, xdeluna said:

I watched it on Maplestage. 

Yup. The male lead's father has to die for the curse to be lifted, and he died at the end of the novel. 

Can you give us any interest details from the book for those who couldn't read the book, please?

Pretty please. Thx

Wow, I'm actually really enjoying this drama! I feel like the quality of each episode looks better 'cause there are way less episodes to be filmed. By the way, does anyone know what English song Pi Pi's friend was singing in episode 8? Can't seem to find it...

Feel the 2 young actors as teen version of the 2 main chars have potential. They acted in a few dramas but mostly small roles or young version roles. 

Spoiler

Actor Liu Qi 刘奇

Find abit of TFboys feel in him. Born in 2001.

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6055458953

006BO5uNly1fqznssj86fj31q61amk7m.jpg

006BO5uNly1fpxh7qo57vj32c02c01l1.jpg

Actress He Lan Dou 何蓝逗 born in 1999.

https://www.weibo.com/u/5684009409

862762b5ly1fgvap0ezkzj21400qoahw.jpg

006cFwv7ly1fhacy8ia1oj30qn0zl13b.jpg

Why am I'm getting the feeling that they want her to act like Gui Gui at certain points?

It doesn't feel right...Like playing awkward body movements, awkwardly.

Also I don'y like how they keep attacking a girl's looks. I know they're doing it because this person is stuck-up and mean-spirited but, they should stick with her behavior instead.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:00 PM, whome said:

The first two has been subbed so at least I understand more of the episodes now. The story does pick up and the lead actors acting improves. I have to admit that Victoria's acting improved a lot. This may be one of her better acting work. I was never able to finish her previous works, so I'm hoping I get to finally do so for this one. I'm gonna keep watching for now.

The plot is also getting interesting. Apparently, her character Pipi is the reincarnation of the main lead's wife. He's over 900 years old, and every time his wife "dies," he looks for her reincarnation. However, Pipi is a very modern woman who has a boyfriend and isn't interested in the lead. But dude is persistent. Besides, looks like her BF and good friend will be cheating behind Pipi's back as they have lots in common and banter left and right. 

Her bad acting is caused by SM's horrible acting coach. Victoria has been learning how to act for the past few (2-3) years now since she opened her studio. With experience comes knowledge. Hope to see more improvements from her in the future. 

I, too, think her BF will cheat with her best friend one day. I can see that her friend is trying very hard not to get to close, but you can still see she cares about him. Like Pi Pi has asked her cafe friend, is the gap between them getting bigger? She felt it has been getting bigger over the years. I think he too, felt the gap as time goes on. She doesn't have much in common with him and it seems they are heading towards different life paths. His comment when their friend asked him if he was going to ask her to go to America with him or something like that. He said, what will she do there? Cook? 

21 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

How do you know about this? I am only up to eps 4 but I don't remember this unless in later eps. 

People did say 8 eps are out but I can't find it anywhere.

VIP members get to watch 1-8 on the first day. And they get to see a few episodes ahead of us each week.

11 hours ago, shae said:

Why am I'm getting the feeling that they want her to act like Gui Gui at certain points?

It doesn't feel right...Like playing awkward body movements, awkwardly.

Also I don'y like how they keep attacking a girl's looks. I know they're doing it because this person is stuck-up and mean-spirited but, they should stick with her behavior instead.

I think you need to address who you are talking about because you keep saying saying her and that girl. There are a handful of girls here...which one?

Are you talking about when the girl (Wang Xuan) who asked for the guy's (Zhao Kuanyong) wechat, but that other guy (Xiu Xian) commented on her looks?

2 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

how many epi will be out on Wed?  8 epis again or no?

There will be 2 on Weds and 2 on Thurs. The reason why there were 8 episodes for VIP members last week is because they are allowed to view episodes ahead of us. Since we got to see 4 episodes opening week they got to see 8 episodes (Episodes 1-4 like the rest of us and 5-8 for the following week). Not sure if that makes sense. So this week we get to see episodes 5-8 and they get to see 9-12. 

Archived