[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

I don't think they changed it because they made a remake of the drama Love from Another Star with alien theme. They also have series/movies revolving foxes or fox characters.

U mean the alien background is the same as in the novel?

Spoiler

Every ep starts with the explanation that their ancestors are fox-like aliens,  landed on earth etc. Unlike the common belief that the fox spirits are real fox (born on earth) achieving human form after long cultivation. 

I suspect for chinese censorship....if the story is set in modern days (opposed to historical times, alternative fantasy worlds etc), they would be very sensitive...they avoid anything close to common supersititions eg ghosts. More "scientific" terms are ok eg brainwaves (replace ghost), aliens.That is why some dramas have to change some details. Weird standards.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sucks that theres no preview at the end of the epi lol also not used to this type of broadcasting schedule for mainland dramas.  More used to the every-day-2-epi  schedule for mainland dramas but given this is a webdrama...

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋
On 5/18/2018 at 4:13 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Hide contents

Every ep starts with the explanation that their ancestors are fox-like aliens,  landed on earth etc. Unlike the common belief that the fox spirits are real fox (born on earth) achieving human form after long cultivation. 

I suspect for chinese censorship....if the story is set in modern days (opposed to historical times, alternative fantasy worlds etc), they would be very sensitive...they avoid anything close to common supersititions eg ghosts. More "scientific" terms are ok eg brainwaves (replace ghost), aliens.That is why some dramas have to change some details. Weird standards.

That I am not sure. Now that you mention it, I don't remember there ever being a modern version with supernatural being except for 'my date with a vampire.' Not sure how strict censorship would be for webdrama compared to TV dramas. I think the guideline is different.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:55 AM, sugarplum892 said:

sucks that theres no preview at the end of the epi lol also not used to this type of broadcasting schedule for mainland dramas.  More used to the every-day-2-epi  schedule for mainland dramas but given this is a webdrama...

There are previews for the upcoming episodes, but it's not shown in the episode. It's shown separately for VIP members. Which upcoming previews are you looking for? Ep. 9-12 or 13-16 preview. Yeah...webdrama and there aren't many episodes either so if they had 2 a day,it would be finish within 2 weeks. Where would the fun be.

56 minutes ago, SillyCoconut said:

Reveal hidden contents

That I am not sure. Now that you mention it, I don't remember there ever being a modern version with supernatural being except for 'my date with a vampire.' Not sure how strict censorship would be for webdrama compared to TV dramas. I think the guideline is different.

There are previews for the upcoming episodes, but it's not shown in the episode. It's shown separately for VIP members. Which upcoming previews are you looking for? Ep. 9-12 or 13-16 preview. Yeah...webdrama and there aren't many episodes either so if they had 2 a day,it would be finish within 2 weeks. Where would the fun be.

oh i see!  thanks!  i found the 13-16 previews on youtube

in the 13-16 previews, why is pi pi losing her hair?! lol~

2 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

oh i see!  thanks!  i found the 13-16 previews on youtube

Reveal hidden contents

in the 13-16 previews, why is pi pi losing her hair?! lol~

Spoiler. Read at your own expense...

So they had an abrupt kiss; in the heat of the moment sort of thing and it's like the side effect of physical contact because he didn't take his medicine or something like that beforehand. LOL. This is just one side effect of the kiss. Not sure what other teasers you saw so I don't want to spoil anything else. LOL. 

20 minutes ago, SillyCoconut said:

Hide contents

So they had an abrupt kiss; in the heat of the moment sort of thing and it's like the side effect of physical contact because he didn't take his medicine or something like that beforehand. LOL. This is just one side effect of the kiss. Not sure what other teasers you saw so I don't want to spoil anything else. LOL. 

haha thats too funny lol!!

7 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

Hide contents

side effect fro the kiss??? lol .. like the side effect after looking at his grey eye.. vomit... ? lol

Just started watching this - quite enjoying it. The story is refreshing - alien fox race, an eternal curse ... The Actors and Actresses are good looking. Not sure about their acting yet, since I’ve only watched one episode. The young actors playing the couple in the olden days were adorable. Present day 2 side kicks are so funny.

Why are they afraid of dogs?

28319441318_b50b8071e8_c.jpg

I was waiting for the angst on the other C-drama to be over and the OTP back together again before I resume watching it but now I am hooked on this drama.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:55 PM, SillyCoconut said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you! I wouldn't mind spoilers tho... !! :bawling::D

Here are some BTS. Hope to see translations for these soon

Lols, poor boy couldn't open the necklace and he couldn't snap it on either.

This one hasn't been posted on youtube yet so you'll just have to watch it here. It's about the kiss scene so if you don't want to be spoiled don't watch it https://weibo.com/tv/v/GhNZ4kYMN?fid=1034:74c3b99843d17525c845df8184059652

On 5/18/2018 at 4:13 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Reveal hidden contents

Answering this question again. I forgot where I read it, but someone said there is no alien background in the novel. The characters in the book were a bit different than the ones that are being played

-PiPi is a bit smarter in the drama than in the book. There are 3 books total, but this is just book 1. In book 2, PiPi becomes less naive and grows up a lot. Not sure how much growth we will see since this is only a 25 episode drama.

-In book 1, PiPi hurts Helan a lot with her actions. For example if we care and help other people too much, our love one might feel jealous and upset that we are too nice towards others

-Helan is more gentle and innocent in the drama than in the book. In the book he is a bit more cruel towards others, except or PiPi

-There are supposedly a lot of sexy scenes in the book, but I doubt we will see any. Most likely we get one passionate kiss and then a black screen with them being under the sheets

-Someone said in the scene where PiPi fainted and woke up in Helan's house for the first time. She went to search for him and saw that he pretending to be sleep on the lounge chair. In the book, he was moonbathing naked and he even dared to asked her to join him

Imagine us getting a 50 shades of gray version of 'Moonshine & Valentines' 

Ddziy2JUQAAYfwu.jpgDdziy2CVQAIJO8D.jpg

23 hours ago, silfeeah said:

Thank you! I wouldn't mind spoilers tho... !! :bawling::D

I forgot to reply to this

There was this one scene of them walking down the street together holding hand then hugging each other tightly. Maybe it was his first time or something, but he couldn't handle it and was super shy about it. They had to take a break from filming for a little bit so he can calm his nerves. Victoria was patting his back. There are a lot of lovey dovey scenes with holding hands and hugging

I'll tell you more spoilers once I remember them or see them. I remember this one from months ago while they were still filming

Episodes 13-16 were released today.

Pipi found out about He Lan's backstory from Su Mei (the lady who drugged Pi Pi). Although Pipi is the current reincarnation of He Lan's beloved wife, she has made a distinctly clear that she is Pipi and not He Lan's wife. What happened in the past is not who she is now. She is her own person.

The fallout from kissing He Lan is hilariously. She lost her hair!!! :D Apparently, she needs to stay close to He Lan to recover. He Lan asked her to stay with him until she recovers. She asked for how long...a day...a week? He says longer...about a month or at least until the next full moon. Her hair recovered the next day...LOL!!!

Looks like Xiao Ju's really likes Kuan Yong as her jealousy over him speaking to or close to his ex is giving her the green eyed monster. She doesn't want to talk to him or be near him. Xi An is picking up vibes that Xiao Ju is agitated but can't figure out why. He wants to talk to Xiao Ju but girl is just in avoidance mode right now. I take it that Xiao Ju likes Kuan Yong, and Xi An likes Xiao Ju. Don't know if Kuan Yong likes Xiao Ju or if he's really still not over his ex.

Finish watching ep 13 - 16 .. ep 14 is funny episode.. she loss her hair and gain long hair back ... laugh dies me... she even stick to him sooo close worry her hair drop more...

Her mother is even more funny... prepare bigger luggage bag for her ... really laugh dies me hahahahahhahahahaha

9 hours ago, whome said:

Episodes 13-16 were released today.

Reveal hidden contents

Pipi found out about He Lan's backstory from Su Mei (the lady who drugged Pi Pi). Although Pipi is the current reincarnation of He Lan's beloved wife, she has made a distinctly clear that she is Pipi and not He Lan's wife. What happened in the past is not who she is now. She is her own person.

The fallout from kissing He Lan is hilariously. She lost her hair!!! :D Apparently, she needs to stay close to He Lan to recover. He Lan asked her to stay with him until she recovers. She asked for how long...a day...a week? He says longer...about a month or at least until the next full moon. Her hair recovered the next day...LOL!!!

Looks like Xiao Ju's really likes Kuan Yong as her jealousy over him speaking to or close to his ex is giving her the green eyed monster. She doesn't want to talk to him or be near him. Xi An is picking up vibes that Xiao Ju is agitated but can't figure out why. He wants to talk to Xiao Ju but girl is just in avoidance mode right now. I take it that Xiao Ju likes Kuan Yong, and Xi An likes Xiao Ju. Don't know if Kuan Yong likes Xiao Ju or if he's really still not over his ex.

I hope Pi Pi doesn't get alienated again after finding out she's the reincarnation of his wife... I mean I understand but I just want to see them together. 

:wub:

Haha, yes! The hair loss was hilarious! The scene when she wakes up with the crazy long hair reminded me of a similar scene in the Sailor Moon manga.

21 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

I forgot to reply to this

Hide contents

There was this one scene of them walking down the street together holding hand then hugging each other tightly. Maybe it was his first time or something, but he couldn't handle it and was super shy about it. They had to take a break from filming for a little bit so he can calm his nerves. Victoria was patting his back. There are a lot of lovey dovey scenes with holding hands and hugging

I'll tell you more spoilers once I remember them or see them. I remember this one from months ago while they were still filming

AHAHA! That's adorable! I didn't peg him as someone who would be so timid about acting out these types of scenes as I've seen some of his outtakes in his previous BL drama... :w00t::phew:

I've watched to episode 8 so far, and I'm enjoying it. I love the teen actors and the "first lifetime" scenes- I could watch a whole drama just with them. Modern day story is OK, although Pi Pi character is getting on my nerves a bit as she is often too shy and naive, so that she comes off a bit stupid. Hopefully, they will tone that down as drama progresses. 
I like the cafe friend and I'm hoping maybe she will have a romance with one of the male lead's sidekicks, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Question: Are the 2 sidekicks supposed to be a gay couple? At first, it seemed like they were but then one of the guys seemd to like the cafe friend. Then in ep. 8 they had scenes where it looked like they were more than friends again. What do  people think? 

The show's handling of the Pi Pi /Best Friend/Boyfriend love triangle is interesting. I like how there's no real "bad guys" as often happens in other dramas. Everyone is trying to do the right thing, but the feelings have faded and changed for all three. Pi Pi knows something is going on between the other 2 and her own feelings have changed as well , but she is in denial and trying to hold on to the past. Now that Helan has arrived, this will be her catalyst to face the truth about her relationships. What I don't like is the needless delay in telling Pi Pi the truth. I understand that the best friend is afraid of losing her friendship, but the boyfriend doesn't really have that concern and is right in telling the BFF that to delay the conversation is to make things worse and more hurtful for everyone. So they flimsy excuses just comes off as a weak way to extend the conflict purely for the sake of episode count, rather than logical and organic  storytelling. 

Archived