[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sugarplum892 said:

does anyone know why he lan went to the bathroom but told pi pi to stay far away from the closed door and even turned on the sink facet?

i hope xiao ju has a happy ending in here...

Because he was throwing up the food he'd just eaten with her, and he didn't want to her to know. 

I hope Xiao Ju gets a happy ending as well. She deserves to be happy. If she does end up with one of the guys I think it'll probably be Xiu Xian. But it's only been 10 episodes so that could change lol 

13 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I like the cafe friend and I'm hoping maybe she will have a romance with one of the male lead's sidekicks ...

Question: Are the 2 sidekicks supposed to be a gay couple? At first, it seemed like they were but then one of the guys seemd to like the cafe Friend ...
The show's handling of the Pi Pi /Best Friend/Boyfriend love triangle is interesting ...

I haven’t read the book so I don’t know it is portrayed there but from what I see in the drama, the 2 of them went through a lot of hardships together in the past, so they must care a lot for each other as kin. They seem to like women, as can be seen from Xiu Xian’s fondness for Xiao Ju. Looks like a love triangle is forming. I also hope that Xiao Ju will end up with one of them. Anyway, I love watching their interactions together - so many LOL moments.

As for Pi Pi’s Friend, it is not going to be smooth going for her. Imagine if you snatch away your best friend’s Boyfriend, how are you ever going to face her? No words can ever convey your guilt. What if your Friend can’t take it or even contemplate suicide if she is very weak? There is also the fear that if that boy dumped a girl before, he could also do the same to you in the future? 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:12 PM, silfeeah said:

AHAHA! That's adorable! I didn't peg him as someone who would be so timid about acting out these types of scenes as I've seen some of his outtakes in his previous BL drama... :w00t::phew:

I know! It was super cute how shy he was about all the physical interactions. He got unlucky with the female casting because Victoria is very playful and love teasing people. He will get teased to death by her. In the BTS for the auction party he was showing the time with his phone 2:30am. While he looked all tired and resting, she is all hyper. Pikachuuu. Also before the kiss scene bts, she was saying something about demolishing a bed and a room then he got all shy. She teases him every chance she gets. :lol::wub:

15 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I like the cafe friend and I'm hoping maybe she will have a romance with one of the male lead's sidekicks, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Question: Are the 2 sidekicks supposed to be a gay couple? At first, it seemed like they were but then one of the guys seemd to like the cafe friend. Then in ep. 8 they had scenes where it looked like they were more than friends again. What do  people think? 

The show's handling of the Pi Pi /Best Friend/Boyfriend love triangle is interesting. I like how there's no real "bad guys" as often happens in other dramas. Everyone is trying to do the right thing, but the feelings have faded and changed for all three. Pi Pi knows something is going on between the other 2 and her own feelings have changed as well , but she is in denial and trying to hold on to the past. Now that Helan has arrived, this will be her catalyst to face the truth about her relationships. What I don't like is the needless delay in telling Pi Pi the truth. I understand that the best friend is afraid of losing her friendship, but the boyfriend doesn't really have that concern and is right in telling the BFF that to delay the conversation is to make things worse and more hurtful for everyone. So they flimsy excuses just comes off as a weak way to extend the conflict purely for the sake of episode count, rather than logical and organic  storytelling. 

In the book the cafe friend didn't even meet any of the foxes until book 2 and PiPi had to deal with the foxes by herself. Helan was even more stalkerish in the book and was relentless in her pursuit. The book was changed a lot so I am not sure who the cafe friend will end up with because in the book the sidekicks were a gay couple. 

I think that that the cafe friend and the two foxes will have a messy love no matter who she picks or who picks her because the two foxes are super close in the drama, like brothers. The feeling from the drama is XiuXian > Xiaoju > Kuanyong. You can tell that Xian Xian is really into Xiaoju by the way he acts and talks to her. He even went as far as wanting to confess in the last episode, but was cut off by her; "Where is PiPi" during the party of the fox clan. Xiaoju only has eyes for Kuanyong. When he brought over the dresses, he gave one to her and she asked if you got it for me. He said Xian Xian did. But her eyes were following him as he walked away. Also she got upset and agitated when she saw him hugging that female fox, but little did she know he was asking that girl for an autograph because Xiaoju wanted it. Kuanyong is the biggest mystery of them all. He seems as though he cares for everyone and is nice to everyone

I think the first half of the drama (which is where we are), it's about them falling in love in this life time. He never had to work for her love in all her reincarnations until now, so this is new to him. I just hope she doesn't walk away from him once she finds out their past. Because in a small part of her, she will wonder if he loves her for her, or just because she was reincarnated of his first love. There is a bad guy, his father. There is no need for his father to do anything because the curse was placed on her in her first life time already. 

As for the ex-boyfriend and best friend, the 3 of them were together for 10 years. They were there for her during her darkest years, when her dad lost his job. (She was probably bullied for being poor and having such a dad, kids can be cruel at that age). As time went on he was slowly moving towards his goal while she didn't really have a goal in life except to marry him and be his support. Even if you feel the feelings have faded you still hold on to that little bit of hope. PiPi seems like one of those hopeless romantic types.  

The ex-boyfriend does care for PiPi. They've been best friends for a long time even if he doesn't love her anymore he still cares for her. The thing is the ex-boyfriend and ex best friend were always at opposite ends when wanting to confront PiPi. When Jialin wanted to tell PiPi, he was stopped by TianXin. When TianXin wanted to tell her, Jialin would stopped her. They wanted a good timing to tell her, but they don't realized you can't have your cake and eat it too. Each character has their own story, if we put ourselves in their shoes we'll understand their actions even if we don't like them

im listening to the audio novel of this and in the book Jia Lin and Tian Xin were much more heartless in my opinion to Pi Pi....

I can't believe they already registered their marriage behind Pi Pi's back when Pi Pi confronted them cheating!

the drama version simplified it and made it 'nicer'...

On 5/13/2018 at 4:05 AM, vlvl1 said:

THank for all these info. Do u know where I can read an online version of the novel?

Can you give us any interest details from the book for those who couldn't read the book, please?

Pretty please. Thx

I've only watch the drama and read a little bit about the novel. In fact, I prefer the drama version although they have make some changes.

I don't have the English or online version of the novel. You may look for the chinese novel easily by searching 结爱·异客逢欢. I can read Chinese so I don't wait for sub and have watched until Ep16. The reason I posted a lengthy post is to clarify that female lead will die whether she loves or doesn't loves male lead. In the early posts there were some misunderstanding that female lead will die once falling in love with male lead, which is incorrect.

On 5/25/2018 at 12:34 AM, sugarplum892 said:

does anyone know why he lan went to the bathroom but told pi pi to stay far away from the closed door and even turned on the sink facet?

i hope xiao ju has a happy ending in here...

You mean in episode 12/13? I think because he's going to pee and doesn't w@nt female lead to hear it?!?

I personally enjoyed Helan and Pipi first teenager version better. As an avid BL fan I hope the cafe friend doesn't end up with neither K or X because the moment they appeared on screen they scream BL ship  to my ear. I know that there is a Ban so I'm just hoping they keep on stacking the bromance and let our imagination do the rest for that ship.

6 hours ago, Darrkn3ss said:

I personally enjoyed Helan and Pipi first teenager version better. As an avid BL fan I hope the cafe friend doesn't end up with neither K or X because the moment they appeared on screen they scream BL ship  to my ear. I know that there is a Ban so I'm just hoping they keep on stacking the bromance and let our imagination do the rest for that ship.

Oh, there's a ban on BL? I didn't know that. 

14 hours ago, Cindy Ngo said:

Oh, there's a ban on BL? I didn't know that. 

Yeah apparently it’s highly immoral to show and encourage Homosexual relationship. It’s going to lead youth astray *insert rolling eyes*

On 5/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, sugarplum892 said:

im listening to the audio novel of this and in the book Jia Lin and Tian Xin were much more heartless in my opinion to Pi Pi....

Reveal hidden contents

I can't believe they already registered their marriage behind Pi Pi's back when Pi Pi confronted them cheating!

the drama version simplified it and made it 'nicer'...

I need the audio book in English LOL. That's the thing with Cdrama made from novels. You rarely find them with translation/summaries. 

Yeah. It's made nicer. Victoria's new drama is also from a novel as well, but the plot is also going to be changed a lot. Just like this one.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:33 AM, Darrkn3ss said:

As teenagers they are limited to the story line and besides it is always sweet during the first life time because it's first love. 

If you are interested in watching something from one of the teenage actors, the actress will be starring in a new drama. All Asian countries are known to be on the more conservative side so most prefer not to showcase homosexuality out in the open

And for anyone interested in the book. There are in Chinese. Book 2: https://www.kanunu8.com/book/3650/34896.html

Book 3: http://www.lewen123.com/67/67308/index.html

Just google translation for the book. It's not so bad. 

3 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

Yeah. It's made nicer. Victoria's new drama is also from a novel as well, but the plot is also going to be changed a lot. Just like this one.

so far I prefer the drama version more so than the book lol!  

One of the LOL moments ... The 4th S ...

At 8.00

KY : "Ms. Guan, did you and Lord Helan really do the 4th S last night?"

PiPi (smiling sweetly) : "You all knew about it? Thank you. I'm so happy. We ...."

KY : "As long as you are happy, it's enough. No need to tell us the details!"

XX : "Why don't you want her to tell us?!?!?! Please continue, Ms. Guan. I want to hear ..."

10 hours ago, omiki said:

One of the LOL moments ... The 4th S ...

At 8.00

KY : "Ms. Guan, did you and Lord Helan really do the 4th S last night?"

PiPi (smiling sweetly) : "You all knew about it? Thank you. I'm so happy. We ...."

KY : "As long as you are happy, it's enough. No need to tell us the details!"

XX : "Why don't you want her to tell us?!?!?! Please continue, Ms. Guan. I want to hear ..."

You forgot the next part!!! When Lord Helan walks in.

Helan: Does it still hurt/are you still in pain?

PiPi: No it doesn't. I am okay.

(KY and XX looking at each other like OMG...they did say that the 'world today' is so fast pacing compared to before)

Moonlight and Valentine: The production team tells all

Moonlight and Valentine Making of Drama
Moonshine and Valentine 结爱·千岁大人的初恋 is a drama that came together so beautifully. I find it interesting to read about the making of the drama, and it's lucky that the production team has been very vocal in sharing their thoughts through their interviews and social media posts.

1. It's meant to be a short drama with 24 episodes + 1 spinoff. 
According to Director Leste Chen, his personal preference would be to cut the drama to 20 episodes because shorter dramas help tell a richer story rather than one that's stretched out with uninteresting narrative. 

2. While the story is set in China, all of the scenes were filmed in Thailand. 
Leste Chen who lived in Bangkok for eight to nine months while working on other films thought that the place would be suitable for a modern drama and suggested it to co-director Xu Zhao Ren. 

Both ended up having only good things to say about Thailand. The place is beautiful, the weather is good, the people are nice and quite professional. It is also much easier (and presumably less expensive) to film there than in Shanghai, Beijing or Guanzhou. Actors didn't have much reason to leave the set which the Director joked was an added bonus. The biggest downside from the location was the language barrier - occasional signs and spoken words had to be edited out post-production.

Moonlight and Valentine casting change leading lady

3. The leading lady wasn't supposed to be Victoria Song.
Coming from a dance background, Victoria Song's casting displeased some fans who had little faith in her acting. Things have worked out for the best as Victoria's been getting positive reviews along with leading man Johnny Huang who according to the director was made for this profession. On Victoria Song, the director admits that they really did have someone else in mind at the beginning. The original actress backed out due to some differences so someone suggested Victoria Song. Leste Chen has seen her reality show before and thought that she was quite adorable. After working with her, he said that Victoria is smart, very easy to work with and exceeded all of his expectations. He even had a somewhat stern rule that the cast couldn't take vacation throughout the entire duration of filming which she easily agreed to.

4. The cast dubbed their own character's voices.
There seem to be two schools of thought on the topic - those that like original dubbing and those that prefer professional voice actors. The Director cited the TV show Friends as an example and said that it would be weird if Rachel spoke in a different voice. He thinks that every actor's voice matters so he tried to make sure that they could use their own voices. 

5. Zhu Que Jie 朱雀街 was a song composed for the drama. 
It is a song that means a lot to the main couple in the novel and the lyrics were initially composed by Zhi Mo. For the drama, Song Bingyang had a demo that fit perfectly and when he took on the role of Ah Gui, he decided to combine his existing lyrics with the original one created by Zhi Mo to make Zhu Que Jie. Song Binyang (Korean name Song Bin Young) was a former SM trainee who left the company in 2011. He is now a solo artist.

Johnny Huang Moonshine and Valentine
6. The source novel takes inspiration from a collection of stories from the Tang Dynasty.
Many including the Director find similarities between the drama and hit Korean dramas like The Lonely, Shining Goblin and You From Another Star. Auhor Shi Dingrou actually started writing the novel as early as 2010, years before both dramas went on air. 

The fox legends in the story were mostly taken from the Tang Dynasty book Guang Yi Ji which was a collection of strange stories. The novel Jie Ai: Ji Si Da Ren 结爱:祭司大人系列 is a three-part series:  结爱:异客逢欢, 结爱:犀燃烛照 and  结爱:南岳北关. The drama is based on the first book and the third book is expected to be published in the latter half of this year. 

Source: 1

cr: Dramapanda

The writer forgot to add that Victoria stepped into the drama as the female lead because the one who was suppose to play PiPi had an issues with her company and had to back out 2 weeks prior to filming. For this role, Victoria had to cancel 1 variety show and her album was delayed. There was a rumor that Victoria was a mentor for Idol Producer with YiXing. (That should be around the same time as the drama filming.)

I didn't want to do this, but...I got excited so I am gonna share with you guys what I found. All spoilers credit: 2koreawlove00

Ep. 13 summary 

- A-Xi dreamt of his mother whom he has not seen before; he was told & feels he has unclean blood and not loved. HuiYan assured him his father loves him; his father heard.
- AX's father visited his mother's grave; told her AX is like her and he's finding out more about what happened before.
- AX's energy was too powerful for PP during the kiss; it caused her heart to stop. KuanYong saved PP at ER. Actually, "preparations" were needed before they kiss to avoid any problem. XiuXian said he didn't expect them to progress so fast (LOL)
- ZhaoSong intends to announce his engagement to QianHua.
- JiaLin is having problem with TianXin who doesn't intend to be 2nd PP.
- playful vixen SuMei came to hospital to apologise to PP.
- ER doctor was impressed by how they saved PP; he said there was a similar previous case.
- obnoxious reporter WangXuan is narrowing story on Helan clan.
- other foreign students are doubtful of TianXin's boast of her qualifications.
- XiuXian and KuanYong finds XiaoJu's attitude at the hospital kinda odd.

AX-PP convo 
PP: i fainted bc i kissed you. previously after looking at you i threw up for a few days. This kiss nearly cost my life. Are there other things i cannot do when we're together?
AX: there's one more thing we cannot do ..... (not verbalised but both understood)
AX: there's a solution
PP: what solution? we're not going to do anything, why need a solution?
AX: i don't mean that

QianHua told ZhaoSong she feels that YueBoZhong (assistant to Princess ZhaoYan, older sister of XiYan who is AX's mother) will look for her. QianHua intends to asked princess ZY how to save PP. 

Ep. 14

- AX had run away from his wedding with QianHua. 
- SuMei visits PP & told her (as AX walked in) that for the past >100yrs AX has not brought back any female companion. Said she got anxious on that full moon night (AX coughed)…pretended to arrange a meal with PP, then excused herself & left.
AX: your discharge from hospital is settled.
PP: thank u, once again incurred your expenses. i have to rush home as i haven’t bn contactable for one whole night, my parents must worry.
AX: there’s one thing - u probably can’t go home yet.
PP: why?
AX: bc that kiss broke prohibitions…dangerous for u. If we are too distant from each other, i can’t protect u, there’ll be serious consequences.
PP: what consequences?
AX: u may lose yr hair, then yr skin will rot.
PP: ahhh
AX: so, i feel u come & stay at my place for a few days
XiaoJu: PP i send u home.
PP: no need, u haven’t slept whole night
AX: ms Guan let’s go in m car
PP: really no need, u can’t see when it’s daytime
KuanYong: it’s ok, i’ll drive, i go get the car
PP: no need, i can….. (looking at AX) i’ll trouble u then

XiuXian: (to XJ) i send u home
XJ: no need
XX: it’s only a kiss
XJ: maybe not a kiss, PP probably likes Mr Helan already.
XX: i’m saying KuanYong (XiuXian thought XJ is upset after seeing actress FangJinXue & KuanYong hugging at the party).
XJ: What has KY got to do with me?
XX: FJX used to like KY but he is not fond of her, that’s why at the party that’s a misunderstanding, u need not think too much.
XJ: i did not
XX: i’m afraid u might misunderstand
XJ: what can i misunderstand
XX: Good. in that case, i’ll leave. goodnight.
XJ: baffling
skip ZhaoSong-QianHua portion

At the gate outside PP’s home…..
PP: Mr Helan i’ve reached home, u go home to rest
AX: do u feel unwell? i feel u don’t look too good.
PP: i’m ok, don’t worry
AX: why don’t u go home with me, i’ll inform yr parents
PP: no need…. (AX took out his sunshades & walking stick) i said it, u don’t have to send me. Where are u going…i take u to yr car. Told u not to send me..i’ve to send u back.
PP’s mother: PP why didn't u come home last night? i called but couldn't get through, we were so worried.
PP: batt flat
PP’s father: this is….
AX: uncle, auntie ‘hao’, i’m PP’s friend Helan JingTing
M: (to PP) have not heard u mentioned
AX: PP and i got to know each other recently
M: where did u two go last night?
PP: Mr Helan n i attended a function.
M: (to PP’s father) they attended party. Mr Helan, pls come in. (to PP) what does he do?
AX: different jobs
M: what kind of jobs? (AX bumped into a partition) Mr Helan, we’re inside, u can remove your sunshades.
AX: i can’t see
M: he can’t see (turning to PP), blind masseuse
F: can i get u a cup of water?
AX: don’t trouble yrself
M: he said don’t take the trouble
PP: Mr Helan, i send u back, i contact u later
F: it’s difficult to get transport here.
AX: no problem, there’s a car waiting for me.
M: u’ve a car?
F: where do u live?
AX: i live at XianTingJie, not far from here, i’ll leave now
M: XianTingJie…big villas district. don’t go, i get some fruits for u (walked away)
AX: don’t take the trouble
PP: he doesn’t eat fruits
F: do u smoke?
AX: i do not smoke
F: good (walked away)
PP: let’s hurry n go
AX: i should say goodbye
PP: we can’t go if u do that
AX: not very good
PP: no issue

PP returned home, washed hair n went to bed.
skip JiaLin & TianXin fight

KY drove AX to outside of PP’s home, AX is worried for PP bc he knew what would happen. 
Next morning, PP discovered she dropped lots of hair. She went o AX’s place. He teased her at the glass door.
PP: i’m here, can help me grow back my hair?
AX: it’s more serious than i thought..as long as u stay here, it’ll slowly grow back.
PP: for how long, 1hr?
AX: no
PP: 1 day?
AX: no
PP: 1 wk?
AX: not enough
PP: can’t be a lifetime?
AX: no, about 1 month
PP: if it’s like that, why did u kiss me?
AX: weren’t u the one who kissed me that day?
PP: are u pushing me away? ok, ok, no point arguing over this. i just don’t feel good at all.
AX: if u keep scratching all yr hair will drop off completely. don’t worry, so long as u stay with me, yr hair will grow back.
PP: who wants to be with u?
AX: i don’t mean that. we maintain close proximity.
PP: got to stay close again?
AX: this is the only way i know now
PP: how close? (AX moved next to her) can u lend me some thinner clothes?

Later…..
AX: are u hungry?
PP: i don’t have appetite 
AX: i get u a cup of water (he got up..PP followed), actually u don’t need to follow me, i’ll return with the water.
PP: that won’t do, can’t be too far away, closer proximity..will recover
AX: are u going back to watch tv?
PP: are u not watching tv?
AX: u don’t have to follow me (he got up & moved)
PP: where are u going?
AX: i will explain to u later, wait here ok?
PP: u cannot stay too far away from me
AX: pls sit (he rushed to the restroom. she stood at the door to the restroom. he sensed it.) pls don’t stand at the door, stay further away, not far enough, at least 10 metres away.
PP: u confirm nothing’s the matter?
AX: it’s alright, nothing’s the matter. (she made footsteps sound at the same spot) don’t bluff me, go back to your place, sit, it’s nothing.

They’re watching a bully scene on tv….
PP switched off tv.
AX: why don’t u watch?
PP: i don’t like to watch MarySu’s dramas.
AX: who is MarySu
PP: MarySu refers to a plain female but every guy likes her…in that drama the girl was badly beaten but the guy still said “u are my woman, u are the prettiest”…so fake
AX: not that fake, if u really love someone, no matter what u still love.
PP: really? my present state, can u say i’m beautiful?
AX: u are very beautiful
PP: it’s not like that. say to me what that guy just said.
AX: what did he just said?
PP: the gal said “i’m ugly, don’t look at me” the guy said “no, u are my woman, in my heart u are forever the prettiest”. Can’t say it, right?
AX: no, u are my woman, in my heart, u are forever the most beautiful.
PP: let me tell u the feeling (PP went to the glass door and started to act like the gal in tv)
AX: u are my woman, in my heart u are the most beautiful
PP: aren’t u laughing?
AX: in myheart, u are really very beautiful
PP: i’m in this state n u are not laughing, no sense of humour. how can i look beautiful in this condition? (AX sat next to her) actually in the past i don’t watch MarySu’s drama bc i think she’s unreal. now i’ve some understanding.

Later.....AX carried her and settled her in bed.

Next morning SuMei visits them. PP woke up, found her hair has grown very long.
PP: it’s mysterious, it grew overnight
AX: i didn’t bluff u.
PP: it’s too long, if i had known, last night i would have stayed a bit further away from u.
AX: last night, i did not control my strength properly.
SM: (giggled) Mr Helan, don’t mind me, when u are intimate with Ms Guan again, watch your strength.
PP: what intimate?
SM: last time, just a kiss u were almost gone. if u do something more extreme i feel u should wait for the next full-moon….so that u can adjust to Mr Helan’s condition.
AX: i know, i know, don’t worry.
PP: have u misunderstood something?
SM: don’t be bashful, we’re all adults
AX: SuMei, did u come here for some matters?
SM: i forgot (gave flowers to PP) for u. i also bought fruits.
PP: thank u, i should be ok, my hair has grown.
SM: u have a good rest, i’ll take my leave.

AX cuts PP’s hair…
PP: can i go home after haircut?
AX: not yet
PP: how long more do i have to stay with u?
AX: do you feel inconvenienced staying here?
PP: no, i want to understand the situation
AX: perhaps by the next full-moon u would have recovered fully
PP: next full moon (PP felt AX’s cold hands)

PP’s thoughts…..
there are many questions in the real world that make people feel very tired..what is it that he likes about me? will he one day not like me anymore? what can i do to let him go on liking me? 

KuanYong and XiuXian arrive at the Bake Shop…..
KY: come on
XX: what r u doing
KY: we’re already here, keep me company
XX: i said i don’t wish to come
KY: eat something
XJ: today, our shop is introducing new sandwiches, give it a try
KY: ok, as per normal
XX: i’m not eating today
KY: why, are you unwell
XX: no, i’m very well, specially well
XJ: maybe you try going vegan
XX: i just don't wish to eat sandwiches again
XJ: or, i can make u a hamburger
XX: can u tell me the difference between hamburger and sandwich, it’s just one layer squeezed over another layer
KY: XiuXian, why speak to Ms Xin in this manner
XJ: XiuXian, step out for a while, i’ve something to say to u (got up and left)
KY, XiuXian, XiuXian
XJ: vegan sandwich, right? i go make it for u

PP washed her hair after haircut by AX 
PP: didn't expect Mr Helan is so skilful
AX: in future dont call me Mr Helan, call me Helan or A-Xi
PP: ermmm
AX: it’s nothing, if u r not used to it it’s ok
PP: then u call me PP, it’s equal & fair
AX: PP (AX saw markings of floral petals on her back)
PP: oh ya, i didn't bring change of clothes, can u send me home later 
AX: ok
PP: thank u (AX walked away) …Helan
PP & AX arrive at PP’s home….
PP: do u remember what i just told u
AX: i remember…just say u r helping a magazine reporter 
PP: if my mother asks why i’m staying at yr place 
AX: just say it’s mag company’s arrangement, hoping to have deeper insight of my life
PP: in case my mother says it’s not too good for two singles to stay together, what should u say
AX: there r other workers staying together with PP, so don’t worry
PP: right, u just have to be very cautious, bc my parents have been very strict with me since young, disallow me to stay away overnight…that means, u must let my mother feels that i’m very safe…do not give it away

PP’s father: u are here
AX: Uncle
PP: Papa
F: what’s it
PP: when did u come
F: don’t wild guess, i wont trail u, yr mother will do that kind of things
M: (background) Lao-Lin, if u bought the veg, hurry up bring it in, don't delay
F: (handed bag to PP) hurry up go in, go go go (AX followed PP but held back by F)
AX: i go w PP
F: let’s talk between us…(to PP) go go go…let’s talk
PP: Ma
M: (background) how come it’s u, why r u bringing the veg, where’s yr father. let me tell u, that Mr Helan is not bad, although he’s blind but that’s still ok, so long as the family is rich is good enough.
F: actually auntie is good, at times realistic, don’t mind her. for people our age, it good to have a few friends, but for her bad temperament. whenever my few poor friends came to borrow money, just when i took out my money she would dash out screaming ‘is it easy to earn money, don't act generous, don't lend’. she chased them off in front of me. i completely lost face…known as a miser, no more contact. however, while not keeping contact with these people, she’s been polishing brass of TaoJiaLin’s mother. u know TaoJiaLin?
AX: i know
F: PP’s x-bf. Later, things got better. PP grew up, became self supporting…although we don’t have much savings, i have this house..it’s all thanks to auntie. i and PP have this problem, we can’t tell what’s good or bad, too bashful to say ‘no’. auntie used to be gentle & kind and willingly lend a helping hand to whichever family with difficulty. But we forgot since when she suddenly changed, she became calculative, pragmatic. Not sure if PP told u that auntie has a 3-No policy…no lending, no invite, no contact with poor relatives… although no contact with poor relatives, she still bring gifts to PP’s teachers at school and send gifts to my supervisors at my work unit. i do understand that she hopes that PP’s teachers would look after her and i can have it easier at work. in the end, my colleagues spread words that PP’s father is ok but her mother is not good. although our life cannot be considered very good, but her mother is courageous being the “bad” one and let me have a good name..i’m grateful to her..but pls note that no one forced her to “be the bad one” .

AX: auntie is here
F: u can see…
M: what did u say? who is bad person? why didn't u invite Mr Helan in? stop talking nonsense here. ..ehh..he can see?
AX: i’m sensitive to light during daytime, i can see at night
M: he can see…Mr Helan, pls come in, pls come in..pls have a seat
F: i said so much..pls excuse if i’ve offended
M: (PP brought tea) have some tea. Mr Helan is a good person..a talent
PP: exactly, bc Mr Helan is especially good, our magazine wants to interview him. actually i don't really want to go but we’re shorthanded, so i’ve to go.
M: but only man and woman alone at night..
AX: auntie, PP will stay with others in the guest room, so we
M: ok, don’t say (walked off)
PP: Ma..... Pa, is Ma angry? 
F: don’t worry, i go take a look
PP: u see, i said u need not come but u insist on following me, i thought u could help me…
M: here (M brought out PP’s luggage bag) PP this bag is big. Mr Helan, don't be in a hurry to go, i go prepare a meal for u, wait, wait……

Ep. 15

1000yrs ago..AX threw up aftr eating human food prepared by HuiYan. AX told her to prepare more floral-petal water for him..HY said there r chrysanthemum tea, jasmine tea, luo-shen tea etc she wd prepare tea for her tired parents aftr a hard day’s work, d food she prepared r ten thousand times better than d petal water, her family only ate meals prepared by her, her younger siblings grew taller than AX aftr eating meals prepared by her. AX wants to eat meals prepared by her aftr he hs recovered. HY recalled hearing QingMu said AX wd soon recover aftr breaking d spell. AX recalled tt his father said there’s medicine tt cn cure his eyes bt need to wait till he’s grown up. AX also heard d vixen-witch-flower hs 12 petals, ppl bearing this floral marking cannot survive beyond ‘hua-xin’ year or age 24. HY can’t wait for AX to recover so tt she cn prepare a delicious meal for him.

Resignation letter…PP said she ws subjective n had nt understood d concept/objective/approach of d magazine, hence, lost her direction in d process.

QH went to see ZS…as rainy season begins in a wk’s time, she suggested to choose a good day to announce DuShan QianHua’s marriage to Left-Priest, d purpose is to lure princess ZhaoYan to appear. ZS knows tt QH is only using him, bc aftr tt QH wd leave him, letting him face all d troubles fr d elders n ridicule fr others. He’s bn doing so much for her n wonders if she hs nt felt it, he thinks she doesn’t care abt his feelings. She left.

PP’s supervisor QingTan went into labor n she took her to d hospital. QT’s husband ZhangCheng n x-hub FengJianGuo were there. Ex only knew abt d pregnancy aftr divorce. Current hub reminded x to remit child support. Current wanted to hv one child of his own bt changed his mind aftr witnessing how QT suffered at childbirth. Bc of QT’s childbirth & confinement office is currently short of staff, PP got back her job to follow-up on FangJinXue. QT also encouraged PP to pursue higher education in journalism. 

AX waited for PP. She’s nt confident in getting a place to study journalism bc annual intake is limited to 30. AX recalled at their first dinner, PP shared her ideal to be a journalist focused on eco-system news, her eyes full of confidence n hope. PP felt she ws then too naive, she realised love n career r nt what she had imagined. AX encouraged her to worked hard, to hv a go n see if she’ll succeed.
AX: when u return to work, i won’t b able to see u during d day.
PP: you actually can’t see me, did u forget u can’t see during daytime?
AX: ok since can’t see u during daytime, stay longer during night then, go home w me (he offered his hand and she took it>)
..skip JL-TX portion 
..skip ZS-QH portion
PP back in office to follow-up news on actor FangJinXue who takes small-budget productions but after finishing horror movie “Possessed” she has not appeared in public. Some say she became depressed after having gone too deep into her character, some say she got married & having baby, d most spooky is tt d “Possessed” set location ws unclean n she’s really possessed. PP thinks ppl r too imaginative. FJX ddnt turn up to accept her best actor award. PP rcvd info materials FJX.
…WangXuan tried to start conversation w PP n offered her help.
…PP felt being followed..kinda paranoid yet funny
…PP arrived at Bake Shop thru backdoor; showed FJX’s pix to XJ who claimed she didn't remember nor know her. WX came, ordered coffee, offered to help PP. Girl from FJX’s company said tt everyone lost contact w her for almost half a yr. XJ hanged around to listen and overpowered water. FJX changed 3 assistants in a yr, no one dares to work w her in d last 2yrs; she’s too haughty to find a partner; she recently puked a few times at filming set. When PP asked if FJX ws pregnant XJ dropped d tray. Girl said majority of d news circling in d internet r true. WX opined tt it’s true FJX went overseas to gv birth, it’s no wonder there’s no news of her. PP mumbled tt she’s in d country. WX asked how PP know tt, PP reasoned tt d movie was shot a yr ago, she wd hv returned even if she went away to gv birth.

AX accompanied PP to school. She ws anxious, he ws very encouraging. Girls in d class were attracted to AX n couldn't take their eyes off him even after lecturer started lessen. Lecturer claimed he’s not bad looking. LOL!!! Lecturer picked on AX who then gave an eloquent delivery on all d topics listed on whiteboard. Applause fr all.

QH went to see ZS. She hs thought abt their wedding..felt she shd nt use “helping Helan as an excuse” to make joke out of ZS’s marriage..she admitted selfishness. She said to forget d wedding n she’ll solve d ‘Helan’ matter herself. ZS wanted to know why Helan JingTing only ate floral petals. QH said she didn’t know n asked how it’s related to him. ZS said he ws concerned abt d fox clan’s Right-Priest…he wondered if AX eating floral petals ws related to AX’s human bloodline. When QH questioned what ZS is scheming, ZS sarcastically said whatever he does is “a scheme”. ZS told QH he had instructed tt d wedding b arranged according to their northern tradition, he also made appointment on d nxt day w several elders to select date n time for wedding ceremony…he’s willing to do it. He hd not bn able to understand how QH cn do things for HelanJingTing to this extent…but now he finally understood tt he too cn do things for her to this extent.

QH called AX…they both know tt QH went to d north to get news of princess ZY who knows the way to save PP. AX ws surprised when QH said she & ZS r getting married..he thought ZS blackmailed QH into marriage but she clarified tt she suggested it. her choice. QH understood ZS’s pains.

Next day, ZS & QH rcvd fr d elders, led by Uncle Yuan & Uncle Jian, d auspicious date & time for their wedding. ZS said d traditional ceremony is according to d northern elders’ wishes, bt they two will decide d wedding style. ZS followed ancient method to painstakingly made lip-staining paper for QH as his wedding gift for her. He remembered their first meeting ws in this hall, he thought she didn't remember but she remembered seeing him…..actually tt day she ws d bride abt to b married to AX. 

Assistant Yue reported to princess ZY tt d ZS-QH wedding is not tt simple..there’s more to it. ZY said she’ll make it simple.

Ep. 16

AX writing calligraphy.
PP: what r u writing?
AX: writing name
PP: is this d 'Xi' character
AX: yes
PP: it looks like the simplified form of xie character from xiedai 携带 [which means “to carry”, traditional form is 攜帶 ]
AX: which character?
PP: i write it for u, xie from xiedai, is it awful looking?
AX: looks a little similar, i teach u how to write my name. do u know d meaning of this character?
PP: don’t know
AX: during ancient times, this character represents a type of jade apparatus for undoing rope knot. another meaning is 'rui zhi'睿智 [wise & farsighted]. 
PP: you’re very smart, excel in literacy & calligraphy. i need to start working hard.
AX: studying English?
PP: yes
AX: i’ve knowledge of English
PP: u know English, too?
AX: right. i’ve lived for so long, i’ve adequate time to learn different skills
PP: wow, very smart. English is very difficult. i don’t know eight out of ten words.
AX: i’ve many dictionaries upstairs, u wanna take a look? i go take for u
PP: no need, you continue writing, i go get it
AX: can u find it
PP: definitely
PP looked at items in a wooden box, she found
..a dictionary. 
..a silk hanging scroll..ink portrait of a giri, inscription [i can’t decipher d 4 characters] signed ‘JingTing' (AX’s name, indicating it was painted by him)
..a framed pencil/charcoal portrait of a girl
..another silk hanging scroll depicting a girl, inscription says “Beauty”, “autumn”, signed ‘JingTing’ w red seal mark.
AX: found it?
PP: hmm
AX: a lot of yr hair hv grown back.
PP: is it?
AX: it’s full-moon, u shd hv fully recovered
PP: can i go home now?
AX: want me to send u?
PP: now?
AX: really wish to go back?
PP: i …..
AX: it’s ok if u don’t wish to go back, u can stay here for as long as u wish, let’s take a walk
PP: did u just tease me? can i ask u a question? 
AX: of course
PP: hv u ever given this moonstone to others? 
AX: why ask so suddenly?
PP: nothing..i ws thinking, u hv lived in this world for so long, hv u loved other person previously? 
AX: no..u r the one & only owner of this moonstone
skip ZS’s wedding preparation

KuanYong & XiuXian arrived at Bake Shop. XX wanted to leave, didn't want to eat. KY ordered two sandwiches, as usual. Middle age guy came looking for XJ…said he got d answer aftr some calculations, XJ said he’s again doing useless things, but he claimed he cd calculate & explain d existence of all things including stuff tt can’t be understood by mankind. [He’s a nut case and is XJ’s father.] As father n daughter were arguing, KY interrupted and got d father’s attention on some formula n calculation
skip ZS-QH portion
XX teased XJ tt she n her father r like twins. XJ shared tt her father hardly bother abt her, he’s always at d park trying to solve mathematical problems, her mother couldn't take it, divorced him n remarried, left her to him. she said her father is pretty smart..sometimes w crazy thoughts/concepts, used to be respected by many. he’s in this state bc he’s escaping some things..in his world, all problems, like in maths, shd hv perfect solutions…but he became like this after her mother remarried…perhaps feelings/relationships do not have perfect answers. XJ thinks she’s different fr her father…some problems do not need answers, some things need not be understood clearly, just live good. she started working to make a living aftr graduating fr high sch, maintain & keeping her father…they’re living well now. when XX smiled at XJ, she told him not to say cheesy stuff like he wants to provide for her. XX thinks tt no one wd b willing to live w a person like XJ during old age, she wd probably not hv someone to depend on. XX assured XJ tt KY is pretty rich, in future they’ll reserve a room in their house n welcome her to stay with them. XJ said she wd nt live w them two oldie but XX reminded XJ tt wd nt happen bc they both are foxes hence will nt age…when she becomes an old lady he still remains d same, unchanged…he teased her.
skip QH-princess ZY-ZS portion

PP ask XJ for KY’s contact, then asked KY for SuMei’s contact. She met SM..
PP: do u know who HuiYan is?
SM: HY is u
PP: huh?
SM: HY is u, u r HY
PP: u got me confused..let me show u, look at d image..who is this person? 
SM: isn’t this u in cosplay role w change of clothes…this is u in Song Dynasty..this is u in Ming Dynasty. 
PP: do u remember d last time u nearly got me killed? i’m serious, don’t joke. quickly, help me take a look, who is this? 
SM: this one fr Song Dy she is named NingWen, this one fr Ming Dy is called XiangDing. They r d same as u, all of u r ShenHuiYan. But these happened long ago.
PP: how long ago?
SM: about 900+ years. QingMu is d leader of our fox clan, legend has it he fell in love with a human woman.
PP: so they had Helan?
SM: hm, human n fox cannot marry, tt’s why Mr Helan ws very weak n blind at birth. Mr Helan is Mr QingMu’s only bloodline, so his loves his son deeply n is very concerned for him. Mr QingMu is strict n hs high expectations of Mr Helan. To him, his own son lacks e physique and ability to succeed his supreme position. Unhealthy infant fox should be abandoned to d wild after birth, left to survive or die on its own. 
PP: so cruel?
SM: it’s normal. It’s tough life for foxes to survive in the wild, if it’s unable to find its own prey who can care for it. But Mr QingMu kept Mr Helan. Mr Helan ws born w human looks bt blind. Since young Mr Helan has been focused n serious, so he grew up & mature very quickly..bt he could only survive on floral petals since young. Altho we don’t know d reason, bt everyone guessed it’s due to his mixed human-fox blood. In order to cure Mr Helan’s eyes, Mr QingMu found a young girl to keep him company n grow up together w him. [flashback to d past on HuiYan & Helan] Mr QingMu consulted a wise-man who said tt if Mr Helan on his 17th birthday, which happened to b ‘yang’ year, can meet a girl whose birth date & time is purely ‘yang’ n loves him…then consuming tt girl’s liver on a purely ‘yang’ day cn cure him of his blindness. 
PP: did he eat it?
SM: it ws full-moon on Mr Helan’s 17th birthday…[flashback on incident him consuming the soup and gaining sight etc…] he ws deceived by his father into drinking d soup cooked w HuiYan’s liver. When he learned d truth, he fell out with his father…declared tt as long as he’s alive he wd definitely seek revenge for HY. Altho Mr Helan drank d soup, he cd only see in d night. Maybe it’s bc there’s still human blood in his body.
PP: but there is one matter which i don’t really understand…why didn't Mr QingMu go look for tt girl on Mr Helan’s 17th birthday, why must let them grow up together? 
SM: it may be bc Mr QingMu fell for a human n had an unhealthy baby Mr Helan, so he found him a human companion…kill her after they’ve fallen in love for each other…in order to hv Mr Helan forever remember not to fall in love w human. After wandering 100yrs Mr Helan still didn’t forgive his father. In the end he went to the south, waited until he became powerful nd then declared war on his father….tt caused three years of chaos. The fox clan instituted a 30-year phase of north-south separate rule. Mr Helan became the Right Priest of south fox clan, Mr QingMu appointed his understudy ZhaoSong as Left Priest to manage the north fox clan. (looking at PP) are u ok?
PP: i’m ok. wonder why listening to other people’s story i feel….
SM: this is your story
PP: no, this is HY’s story..i’m Guan PiPi, not HY

Thoughts: will we b concerned about someone’s past? seems not. we're bothered about d person who had shared a past w him…d one w whom u automatically want to compare…tt person makes d inferiority complex tt u tried hard to suppressed resurface. It’s like a shadow or u r just its shadow.

XiuXian and KuanYong came with a bouquet each.
KY: Sir, u woke up so early?
AX: can’t sleep, i’m a little worried
XX: PP?
AX: QianHua
XX: Oh
AX: called her a few times recently, feeling is not quite right
XX: PP?
AX: QH
XX: what’s there to worry abt QH? w her, she’ll nt lose out in d north
KY: are things not progressing smoothly?
AX: every time, she’ll say it’s progressing smoothly bt will not tell me any details
KY: QH hs always bn cautious in her work, maybe it’s nt convenient to tell u d details
AX: i’m worried tt in d north, besides ZS there r many others who would cause her troubles 
XX: Sir, shouldn’t u be concerned abt PP?
AX: i’m talking abut QH now
XX: Oh, ok i’ll call her
AX: i shd hv gone there myself, i shan’t hv troubled her
KY: w your position, if u were to go to d north, there may be more troubles.
XX: hello, PP?
AX: (agitated) QH
XX: is QH, is QH, i’m joking…not taking call, maybe busy
skip QH-ZS wedding ceremony

On 5/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, sugarplum892 said:

@SillyCoconut thanks for the notes!  I was surprised to find out that the drama was filmed in Thailand from the behind the scenes clips!

Yeah it was. There are a lot of fan cams of both Victoria and Johnny. It was definitely not perfect weather like the director said. It was super hot, even at night. I remember the actors often carried around portable fans and in one video, Johnny even fanned Victoria with a plastic fan while she was getting her makeup done. Boyfriend goals. LOL.

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@SillyCoconut........... Thanks for the translation and I  had a good laugh.  The background behind the novel was even more special. :heart: cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif cheer3-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Background behind the novel?

Two things I want to point out. In the scene where he healed her, he had his mouth opened so it's a open mouth heal not a kiss. I guess it takes on the ancient folktale where creatures heal one another with their saliva/tongue. 

The drama has reached 1.3b views

DeZZQ06VwAAwLRV.jpg

Around 4:48

They were on Vlive

DeXe5C8U0AE7E_s.jpgDeXe5-UV0AAjw_P.jpgDeXe8NYU8AEp52Z.jpgDeXUJ8uV4AAfbbB.jpg

I am bitter the cast and crew didn't go on any shows to promote this drama. It would have been great if they could all go on Happy Camp or something

There were a lot of scenes that were cut out. I think this is one of the scenes that are cut out.

Someone in the comment section translated: The air plane delayed so they get hotel for compensation. But they just get 1 room. When they are open the room, they are shocked why that is queen bed (this is room for honeymoon). So they are complain demand for double bed. But the receptionist said the room is full so can't get another room. KuanYong said to xiu xian, go to take a bath first, I am watching TV. When Xiu xian in front of mirror, kuan yong said, u are cute. Xiu xian said dont use that childish word to describe me. Kuan Yong said. I mean your underwear (maybe thegree one) is cute. Xiuxian said just go away.

After reading some of the book spoilers from people I realized how different the characters are from the drama to book. The main story line is the same: Guy finds girl, girl has a boyfriend, girl breaks up with boyfriend, girl gets with guy etc. But the main character's personality is different and situations they are in are different. Also the other characters are completely different. There was no love line between Qian Hua and Zhao Song in the book. Well I am just glad a lot of fans of the book also enjoy the drama

Archived