[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, lizhn18 said:
6 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Things escalated quickly. You try to comfort your boyfriend when he is having a bad dream, but he uses this opportunity to get to the next base. :wink: Boys will be boys.

Yeah it's really true that boys will be boys. This opportunity should not be missed painfully. We all need to see them get the next step of the relationship. :lol::lol::wub::wub: 

P/S: Happy to wake up on Wednesday coz today the 4 eps will be aired. Finger crossed for a happy ending. I will miss them so much when the drama ends.  

The quote above was not written by me- Table122000.  Somehow another person's post is there. Just wanted to set the record straight and make that clear. 

Otherwise, agree I'm looking forward to this week's episodes. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone 

I love this Cdrama OST and I have been looking for the soundtrack everywhere. Can someone tell me where I can buy the soundtrack. Love it so much... 

In fact 

Does anyone know the title of the song that was sung in the drama SCENE PIPI IS AT THE CLUB AND HER FAVORITE ARTST SANG HER FAVORITE SONG. 

51 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone 

I love this Cdrama OST and I have been looking for the soundtrack everywhere. Can someone tell me where I can buy the soundtrack. Love it so much... 

In fact 

Does anyone know the title of the song that was sung in the drama SCENE PIPI IS AT THE CLUB AND HER FAVORITE ARTST SANG HER FAVORITE SONG. 

I love the OST too! And the instrumental tracks as well.

Here's the song I believe you're looking for, I hope...

finally watched finished ep 21 - 24 raw!! don't really understand it.. so i hope someone really able to summarized it for me ... looks like the ending is not what i want ... and ep 24 did tells us about 20 years ago.... 

On 05/06/2018 at 8:06 AM, SillyCoconut said:

Bleh! I thought I saved it, BUT I DIDN'T! I failed. I even looked through my search history, but I couldn't find it at all. All I remember is that the newspaper was a local newspaper from Wuhan or some city with the letters Wu in it. I should have posted it when I found it, but then I distracted watching/reading HBDC fan accounts.

From what I remember. Fans speculated that IF they do have a second season it will start off with Ah Xi losing his memory. Him and PiPi meeting on the train.

@SillyCoconut

I can't find the Wuhan newspaper article or maybe it's another city with the letters Wu in it. But I did find an article from Weibo that discusses Wuhan's connection to M&V/Love Knot.

According to this article, the city the story is set in is supposed to be Wuhan.

Spoiler

You can feel Wuhan's influence in the story partly because Shi Dingrou herself is from Wuhan

The museum that Helan works at in the book is Hubei Provincial Museum which is located in the Wuchang District of Wuhan, Hubei Province. The scenes of Pipi working at the newspaper/tabloid company are also based on Shi Dingrou's personal experience as Shi Dingrou was a journalist.

According to the article published on Weibo, the production company that bought the rights to the first book of Love Knot also bought up the rights to the rest of the books so rest assured that they definitely have the rights to adapt the other books into sequels if they wish to.

More tidbits that you all might be interested in. Shi Dingrou considers herself as someone who is quite picky/critical as an author and that if the actor/actress picked doesn't fit her expectations, she'd be upset. Shi Dingrou was happy with Huang Jingyu's casting cause she'd watched Addicted and thought his charm and energy fit Helan's. She was quite shocked/impressed with Victoria's acting. Although SDR had never watched Victoria's dramas before this,  she was aware of the harsh criticism Victoria has received from netizens on her acting. So when she watched 2 hours of Moonshine & Valentine last November, she thought Victoria's acting wasn't bad and asked the director if he was the one who taught her to act.

Moonshine and Valentine/Love Knot is NOT AT ALL influenced/inspired by You From Another Star or The Legend of the Blue Sea as it was written in 2009 and those Korean dramas aired later. She says she's loved Jin Yong and Gu Long stories since she was young and as a graduate student, she was researching Ming dynasty literature.

And in 2009 when Twilight became a global phenomenon, Shi Dingrou already had a big online presence on literature websites and when she read her senior's thesis on Pu Songling's Liao Zhai stories, she thought she could write something similar to the Liao Zhai stories.

The reason why there was a big issue with Johnny and Victoria's fans was that a lot of Johnny's Addicted fans are a bit possessive. They kept picking on Victoria and spreading rumors throughout the whole filming process. Her fans are just as possessive. It gotten so bad that Victoria's manager, Jia Shikai, got involved right before the drama aired. He said blasted Johnny's fans on social media and even said Johnny and Victoria will never stand on the same stage. Hopefully with the success the drama has been getting their fans and her manager will calm down a little. Jia Shikai often goes on a social media rant/rage when his artists are getting attacked.

Reveal hidden contents

Rumored Discord Between The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love Stars

posted by Michelle Teng on April 30, 2018 4 comments
Victoria Song Huang Jingyu The Love Knot discord rumors

Jia Shikai who manages artists like Victoria Song and Yang Yang has taken to weibo to express some very strong feelings towards an unnamed individual. Netizens deduce that he was likely referring to a show that will premiere soon, which leaves us with The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初 starring Victoria Songand Johnny Huang Jingyu.

This isn't the first time Jia Shikai stood up for one of his talents as he was previously outraged by anti-fans who burned Yang Yang's pictures on Qingming Day. Now, netizens are assuming that Jia Shikai is defending Victoria Song.

Apparently, it was reported last year that Victoria Song and Huang Jingyu will be teaming up for a project but rumor has it that another actress was initially chosen and was already preparing for the role even before the drama was conceptualized. Victoria Song coming in as a replacement did not bode well with fans of Huang Jingyu who have taken their displeasure online on a large scale and at a personal level.

Victoria Song Huang Jingyu The Love Knot

Victoria Song and Huang Jingyu have remained silent but Jia Shikai could not help but react through Weibo. There are also those who think that everything is simply Jia Shikai's ploy to bring publicity to the drama. If it's true, well, it worked and he wouldn't be the first or the last manager to do this. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he's really protecting Victoria Song from her detractors.

In the end, success and failure would still be up to the lead characters because no matter how much publicity a drama gets, if the story and acting is mediocre or lacking, people will lose interest right away. 

cr: dramaPanda 

Male leads in drama have evolve differently over the years. Before most drama lovers love guys like Helan from the book: cold, distance, mysterious, arrogant, tsundere etc. Now a days the trend is guys who are innocent, cute, smart, jealous, literally puppies etc. Don't you see how many drama lovers on Viki, Dramafever, twitter etc. are loving how cute and adorable Helan is. Even if PiPi's character evolve they don't really care they just want more Helan because that's their ideal type of boyfriend. It would be nice to see him as a badass leader of the Fox Clan.

Do you know who Qing My's 21 century looked like? When I first saw him, I thought, damn he looks like an older version of ____.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for yesung 

el oh el. Forgive the northern fox clan. Thy haven't had human contact ever. They are behind in wardrobe fashion. 

When you thought your ideal boyfriend can protect you from bees (bugs), but it turned out he is just as scared as you. Haha. She ended up running and screaming 'Help' in the end.

Mom, I think I am in love... https://weibo.com/tv/v/Ghwpn0Ago?fid=1034:73f9b1b0958e1654e60f13026b0328dc

This is the cherry on top of the cake.

Reveal hidden contents

757dcf85ly1fry0nj5ryej22ky3va7wh.jpg757dcf85ly1fry0nhflh3j22ky3vahdt.jpg

There is more pictures of him. Here is his fan index page if anyone is interested in it:  https://weibo.com/p/100808706d041866977cc74ab82aef859417af/super_index#_rnd1528155964412 

Here is his weibo: https://weibo.com/u/1971179397?from=feed&loc=at&nick=演员李嘉铭&is_hot=1

Here is Li Shen's weibo: https://weibo.com/u/6115182009?from=feed&loc=at&nick=李燊_LS&is_hot=1#_rnd1528156216637

Here is Liu Yongxi's weibo: https://weibo.com/u/2414523500?from=feed&loc=at&nick=刘泳希_&is_hot=1#_rnd1528156257136  [/spoiler]

You cannot forget your Lord Ah Xi.

ed8aa79cly1frz84bmx06j20e00kkdr1.jpged8aa79cly1frz84nzicdj20j60ntta2.jpged8aa79cly1frz84blz8lj20j60slwfy.jpg

80dec954gy1frzwtbm0l9j20v91ahamt.jpg

@SillyCoconut hello again =)

Re: Fandom quarrels

Thanks for this!

I read the Dramapanda post last week and am somewhat aware of Jia Shikai's web tantrums re.. the whole anti-fans burning Yang Yang's photos incident and I believe that Weibo post is aimed at some of Jingyu's fans as it says, "Rub your whale eyes, and wait for a lawyer's letter!" For those of you who are unaware, the Chinese word for whale, 鲸鱼 jingyu sounds a lot like Jingyu's 景瑜name but the pronunciation is slightly different. 

I have no idea what to say except that the fans who participated in this on both sides crossed the line. Of course, I'm not saying all Johnny's fans participated in this and that every VS fan participated in this fan war. I'm sure there are many reasonable, respectful, and easygoing fans on both sides.

For me, personally,  if I'm a fan, if I'm aware that my actions affect my favourite actor/actress's career and image, I'd be careful to be supportive and not do anything that would harm his/her image and career. As fans, we should be happy that our favourite artist is getting opportunities, getting jobs and making a living.

I don't know why VS got attacked by Jingyu's fans exactly but I can guess.. They don't even have to be Johnny's fans.. Some people are just really critical of public personalities and figures - their faces, bodies, acting skills, dancing, singing, everything.. It can be really hurtful. There are beautiful and ugly sides to fandom. Fandom can be heaven and it can be hell. It's not just VS, of course. It could be any idol, any actress or actor who is considered mediocre or lacking in skills and talent. Just go to any entertainment blog and you'll see at least 1 person saying something like, "This star needs to be with an A-lister.. or someone with better acting skills.", "This person only got this gig because he/she's popular/has a backer." Such comments are all too common. Why can't we all remember that celebs are humans? And that they get hurt just as easily as we do. 

Personally, I don't think Jia Shikai handled it well. It sounds like he has anger management issues but it also sounds like the fans' actions were causing some serious trouble. I don't think he should have said, "They'll never share the stage!" That's like slamming the door shut on future opportunities. At least he didn't outright mention Huang Jingyu and Victoria's names and the name of the show. I feel like that would be the worst form of PR if he had. I know some people think any press is good press. I beg to differ. 

I think both Victoria and Jingyu handled these incidents as well as they could. They may need to step up and address the issue and talk to their fans if there's another occurrence in the future. I still don't think fandom quarrels would lead to an outright cancellation of Season 2 if the producers, directors, and cast all want to proceed with Season 2. Money has the loudest voice. If they are proceeding with Season 2, they should figure out a way to pacify the fans and that might necessitate Jingyu and Victoria stepping up.

Saying they'll never share the stage would just prove that they're divided and there is discord between the actors. And clearly they seem to be fine with each other. Professionals, man! I gotta say, I really respect them both for the way they handled this.

The production company needs to show both fandoms that this is a great opportunity for both J and V's careers and can only work towards them getting more opportunities and more jobs. 

If I were Vic though, I'd do something about Jia Shikai.. Send him to anger management camp or something ahaha. 

8 hours ago, silfeeah said:

I love the OST too! And the instrumental tracks as well.

Here's the song I believe you're looking for, I hope...

@silfeeah

Do you have the instrumental tracks? Especially the one playing during their first kiss in the hotel room? I'm looking for that track but it's hard to find JUST THE TRACK without any dialogue.

Okay, I'm gonna be a bit blunt.. So please forgive me if I step on any toes for the following question. I really do not know how to filter my thoughts.

With M&V being the hottest thing right now.. ... until Fu Yao or another big drama comes along, why is the Soompi thread getting so few posts in comparison to other hit dramas?

The M&V fever reminds me of the A Love So Beautiful fever... 

I see people commenting about M&V everywhere.... on Twitter, on blogs.. on Dramabeans.. but on Soompi there's only 167 replies so far.. Lol, what's going on?

From what I remember. Fans speculated that IF they do have a second season it will start off with Ah Xi losing his memory. Him and PiPi meeting on the train.

Reveal hidden contents

Rumored Discord Between The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love Stars

posted by Michelle Teng on April 30, 2018 4 comments

Jia Shikai who manages artists like Victoria Song and Yang Yang has taken to weibo to express some very strong feelings towards an unnamed individual. Netizens deduce that he was likely referring to a show that will premiere soon, which leaves us with The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初 starring Victoria Songand Johnny Huang Jingyu.

This isn't the first time Jia Shikai stood up for one of his talents as he was previously outraged by anti-fans who burned Yang Yang's pictures on Qingming Day. Now, netizens are assuming that Jia Shikai is defending Victoria Song.

Apparently, it was reported last year that Victoria Song and Huang Jingyu will be teaming up for a project but rumor has it that another actress was initially chosen and was already preparing for the role even before the drama was conceptualized. Victoria Song coming in as a replacement did not bode well with fans of Huang Jingyu who have taken their displeasure online on a large scale and at a personal level.

Victoria Song and Huang Jingyu have remained silent but Jia Shikai could not help but react through Weibo. There are also those who think that everything is simply Jia Shikai's ploy to bring publicity to the drama. If it's true, well, it worked and he wouldn't be the first or the last manager to do this. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he's really protecting Victoria Song from her detractors.

In the end, success and failure would still be up to the lead characters because no matter how much publicity a drama gets, if the story and acting is mediocre or lacking, people will lose interest right away. 

cr: dramaPanda 

Male leads in drama have evolve differently over the years. Before most drama lovers love guys like Helan from the book: cold, distance, mysterious, arrogant, tsundere etc. Now a days the trend is guys who are innocent, cute, smart, jealous, literally puppies etc. Don't you see how many drama lovers on Viki, Dramafever, twitter etc. are loving how cute and adorable Helan is. Even if PiPi's character evolve they don't really care they just want more Helan because that's their ideal type of boyfriend. It would be nice to see him as a badass leader of the Fox Clan.

Do you know who Qing My's 21 century looked like? When I first saw him, I thought, damn he looks like an older version of ____.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for yesung 

el oh el. Forgive the northern fox clan. Thy haven't had human contact ever. They are behind in wardrobe fashion. 

When you thought your ideal boyfriend can protect you from bees (bugs), but it turned out he is just as scared as you. Haha. She ended up running and screaming 'Help' in the end.

Mom, I think I am in love... https://weibo.com/tv/v/Ghwpn0Ago?fid=1034:73f9b1b0958e1654e60f13026b0328dc

This is the cherry on top of the cake.

Reveal hidden contents

757dcf85ly1fry0nj5ryej22ky3va7wh.jpg757dcf85ly1fry0nhflh3j22ky3vahdt.jpg

There is more pictures of him. Here is his fan index page if anyone is interested in it:  https://weibo.com/p/100808706d041866977cc74ab82aef859417af/super_index#_rnd1528155964412 

Here is his weibo: https://weibo.com/u/1971179397?from=feed&loc=at&nick=演员李嘉铭&is_hot=1

Here is Li Shen's weibo: https://weibo.com/u/6115182009?from=feed&loc=at&nick=李燊_LS&is_hot=1#_rnd1528156216637

Here is Liu Yongxi's weibo: https://weibo.com/u/2414523500?from=feed&loc=at&nick=刘泳希_&is_hot=1#_rnd1528156257136  [/spoiler]

You cannot forget your Lord Ah Xi.

ed8aa79cly1frz84bmx06j20e00kkdr1.jpged8aa79cly1frz84nzicdj20j60ntta2.jpged8aa79cly1frz84blz8lj20j60slwfy.jpg

80dec954gy1frzwtbm0l9j20v91ahamt.jpg

@SillyCoconut forgot to respond to this.. most likely S2 will start with this or S1 will end with this.

Nobody tell me how the show ends, please. I haven't watched eps 20-24 yet because I've got 3 articles to write.. Dying cause of work. 

@zoeraindasher I'm afraid I don't have any of the instrumental tracks. They usually release them a bit later after the drama ends, if at all. We just have to wait and see. ;(

OK. Well this was me as I watched the episodes raw: 

06a1ddg.gif ZWaogyu.gif

Wow, I did not expect to see He Lan's death. Pi Pi's monologue for He Lan was so good and sad. TT^TT  Victoria's acting was on point! It looks like the gang tries to make a deal/has a plan to deal with Zhao Song in the last episode. Is this going to be a sad ending? If He Lan died - if he did at all - since he reverted to his fox form, he gets reincarnated too...??

Ep 25 Preview

@SillyCoconut I think there may have been a misunderstanding.. I probably miscommunicated. I'm not saying I hate/don't love Show Helan. I absolutely love how cute and swoony and adorable he is. I love that he seeks consent from Pipi. I love that he's patient and gentle with her. Seriously, I adore him to bits.

I'm not saying he should be the stereotypical tsundere, cold, distant, arrogant etc. I'm saying he should have more layers. I know what people are saying on twitter and db and all.. there are fans who like how swoony Helan is, and there are fans who wish he was exactly like Book Helan.. and there are fans who want both. I'm somewhere in the 3rd category. 

I want Show Helan to be a leader, a gentle and fierce lover, and a protector of the Fox Clan all at once. He can be all these things and more.  There's no harm in adding more layers to Show Helan's character. Show his vulnerabilities.. and character flaws.. Have you read Richelle Mead's Bloodlines series? I'm gonna divert a bit from Moonshine and Valentine to illustrate my point. Pardon me for this. If you have, great. If you haven't read the series, forgive me for the spoilers.

Spoiler

One of the main characters, Adrian Ivashkov is a vampire, a playboy, an uncontrollable flirt, and he's also an alcoholic. He has some self-pity issues but he's one of the most compelling characters I've ever read or experienced. 

The other main character, Sydney Sage, is an Alchemist. She is seemingly perfect, intelligent, beautiful, she speaks several languages and is great at everything she does but she has body image issues, a need to appear perfect, and she keeps herself at a distance from everyone. And she's just as compelling.

They may not seem like the most likeable characters but it's exactly these character quirks and flaws that let us see ourselves in them. And somehow, it does make them more likeable and relatable.

Watching their walls break down bit by bit with every experience and interaction, seeing them learn how to trust each other and come through for each other.. it's one of the best love stories ever. I like my characters nowadays to have more layers and not be too perfect like Johnny Sues and Mary Sues. that way it's easier to identify with their failings and breakthroughs.. When they fall, we fall. When they rise, we rise. 

Book Helan and Pipi are not perfect, godlike characters... Yes, Helan is godlike in the sense that he has powers and all that.. but in terms of his character, he has flaws and that makes him more human... more vulnerable, more flaws, and even more compelling in the end. Book Pipi is the same. She starts out as someone who's a bit brassy, willing to do anything to get the piece of news she wants.. But she grows into a warrior.. and someone who's willing to fight alongside Helan for the same cause. She learns to respect his boundaries, respect and appreciate him .. not just as her lover and husband but as an individual, a leader, an activist and Protector of the Fox Clan. Book Helan and Pipi are like Adrian and Sydney for me.. Watching them come together and truly trust and respect each other is one of the best fiction-related experiences for me ever.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with/condone every single thing Helan does in the book. But he is more human. 

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone 

In fact 

@UnniSarah I have the 4 main tracks. No instrumentals. Do you want 'em? 

@zoeraindasher Right??? I'm surprised that there are so little people posting here despite how popular this drama is. I wonder what dictates this type of trend for some dramas.  Good luck on your quest! I admire your fervor.  I do not have the capabilities nor the patience. XD

@silfeeah Lol, good to know that I'm not alone in thinking that it's a bit surprising that this thread has so few posts.. 

Heehee, I'm just somewhat obsessive compulsive when it comes to OSTs for my fav dramas.. 

Will share here if I can do it. It's a cool track. Will probably involve lots of googling and late nights and YouTube tutorials and if I don't succeed, I'll probably cajole my audiophile friends into isolating the track. 

3 hours ago, visiopeia said:

finally watched finished ep 21 - 24 raw!! don't really understand it.. so i hope someone really able to summarized it for me ... looks like the ending is not what i want ... and ep 24 did tells us about 20 years ago.... 

Even though I watched the 4 above eps with sub, it's hard to understand ep 24. I guess it was a flashback when Helan was turning into  a Fox, his memory when PiPi was born and when she was about 5 yrs old. He recalled his memory because before turning into a Fox, PiPi told him to find her earlier in her next life. I dont know why in the flashback, his eyes can see well during the day light. 

1 hour ago, silfeeah said:

Ep 25 Preview

Could anyone pls translate the Preview?

34 minutes ago, zoeraindasher said:

Lol, good to know that I'm not alone in thinking that it's a bit surprising that this thread has so few posts.. 

So, you're not alone and neither am I. Though there is few posts,  thankfully, the posts are informative.  :wub:

@lizhn18

EP 25 Preview Translation

Pi Pi: White, soft...  [she's describing what He Lan looked like when he reverted to his fox form] 

Pi Pi: I can give you the key but under one condition: guarantee my safety and the safety of my family and friends.

Zhao Song: You look down on me too much/think too little of me.

Zhao Song: See clearly! This is the woman He Lan loves, not you!

On 5/31/2018 at 4:33 PM, UnniSarah said:

TX is what his mom approves of. All the years he was dating PiPi, his mom never liked her and I think that kind of judgment played a big role in his decision not to love PiPi. His mom’s opinion good or bad would only affected him through the years unlike Axi . Axi knew who loved and who he wanted. He refused to let his father tell him who to choose as a mate. Sure he chose the hard way but he is a leader not a follower. TJ often felt embarrassed of PiPi because she wasn’t educated enough but in the long run she was the one who believed and trusted him the most. 

Well said! 

I found this drama, two days ago and I am really enjoying it. 

TX was a better friend to PiPi, than TJ was a boyfriend; but she still fell short.  I have seen real life situations where a friend was attracted to the boyfriend but would never encourage him or act on her feelings because her friendship important to her.  I hope the ending is a happy one for PiPi because she may not be as educated as TX but she has a kind spirit.  Pipi had what it took to sustain the relationship with TJ;  belief in him, a kind heart, and compassion. 

Perhaps AXI, longevity, wisdom, and initial blindness, helped him to see the PiPi's inter-beauty, which is more important than wealth and education.  

Quick question:

In episode 21, Helan & Pipi do the deed. However, how come nothing happens to Pipi? In an earlier episode when she kissed Helan, she became very sick. This time, nothing happened to her. Did they explain why?

Archived