[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

It's simply competition between websites.  Dramafever doesn't have first exclusive rights to this show.  Subbed episodes are being released on other sites and Drama Fever would fall behind if they didn't release episodes sooner as well.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

Thanks! I got it mixed up because both Johnny and Victoria replied to the actress's weibo post

There aren't any Eng translation of the book yet. Hoping there would be. If you can read Chinese do you mind reading an newspaper article. Some people are saying there will be a sequel, but not I don't know if that is true or not since I can't read Chinese. And if there is, not sure if the main leads will come back since their fans hate each other 

@SillyCoconut don't worry about it. The actresses do kinda look alike.

Anyway, about the newspaper article? Can you give me the link to the article you're referring to?

I did read some posts online about a possible Season 2 but those posts are unconfirmed speculation that they'll adapt Season 2 based on the sequels.. Book 4 is a prequel. Book 3 isn't complete yet. There are about 66 chapters up for Book 3 currently. 

Right now, based on what I'm reading online, any news about Season 2 .. it's all just rumours at this point and speculation at this point. There is a possibility of adapting Books 2 and 3 for upcoming seasons but I guess it comes down to the actors and production company at the end of the day.

I don't know much about the interaction between Johnny's fans and Victoria's fans but as actors, they seem to work well together and get along behind the scenes. So I wouldn't worry too much about how fans can sway the production. At the end of the day, it's profits and viewership that count for the production company. Johnny's fans and Victoria's fans may constitute a part of the audience, but there will be other viewers.. There will always be ways to manage fan expectations and fandom quarrels. If I were one of the producers, looking at the success of the webseries, I'd be going ahead with Season 2. 

I've started watching Addicted. I dunno if it's just the writing of his character, but Huang Jingyu's performance seems better in Addicted than in Moonshine and Valentine. Perhaps because they toned down Helan's arrogance and secretiveness.. Helan is not a hard character to play. I mean, I adore Huang Jingyu's Helan but now I kinda wish they used Book Helan for the script. With Huang Jingyu's skills, I think he could definitely pull off Book Helan's arrogance and ruthlessness.

Warning: spoiler below. =p 

Hmmm, oh well, maybe Helan will get a personality reset if there's a Season 2. If you've read the books, you'll know what I mean

2 hours ago, zoeraindasher said:

I adore Huang Jingyu's Helan but now I kinda wish they used Book Helan for the script. With Huang Jingyu's skills, I think he could definitely pull off Book Helan's arrogance and ruthlessness.

Totally agree with you. Helan in the book is more realistic: as a human, he has a job to do and as a descendant of the fox family, he has a great mission to carry out.  In the drama, I dont really know what his mission is. He depends on the two followers a lot, asks them everything about the present society. He is too rich (so cool), but unrealistic. 

45 minutes ago, lizhn18 said:

Totally agree with you. Helan in the book is more realistic: as a human, he has a job to do and as a descendant of the fox family, he has a great mission to carry out.  In the drama, I dont really know what his mission is. He depends on the two followers a lot, asks them everything about the present society. He is too rich (so cool), but unrealistic. 

My thoughts exactly. In the books, you really see the significance of Helan being Right Priest and a protector and leader of the fox clan. And he has a job! He earns money! In the show, I'm still wondering where he gets his money from.. Is it just investments and wealth earned over 900 years? 

I was kinda thinking that Helan is a bit like Ichabod Crane from the Sleepy Hollow series.. Lol, but Crane woke up after being buried for 200 years and tries to update himself immediately on the latest developments in society. Helan has been alive for over 900 years and he's still soo ignorant about the world. He is all about Pipi. 100%. From stealing the Pearl of Charm to the finding a cure mission.. Everything in his life is all about Hui Yan/Pipi. I mean, it's romantic and swoony but yes, it looks like all he does is work out, attend events, eat flowers, and hang out in cafes with Kuanyong and Xiu Xian.  Helan not being updated on the latest developments in the world.. and slang and tech and stuff like that makes for some hilarious scenes but IF there is a Season 2, I hope they make Helan more realistic and give him something else to do that doesn't revolve around Pipi.  Be a badass leader of the Fox Clan, man! 

12 hours ago, Cindy Ngo said:

I know the subbed episodes won't be out for like another week, but does anyone know where I can watch 17-20 raw? 

You can watch on the raw episodes on maplestage! :phew:

My apologies for the rant you're about to read.

I've got a bone to pick with the costume and hairstyling dept in this drama. 

What is up with Qing Mu's 21st century hairstyle? It looks like he's trying to be part of an idol group. Qing Mu, this idol hairstyle is soooo weird on you. If Qing Mu and Helan meet again, the first thing Helan should do is cut his dad's hair. First thing on the To-Do list!

Also Qing Mu's Tang dynasty hanfu does not look like Tang dynasty men's clothes at all. It looks like some weird mishmash costume made up of elements from different dynasties. That long ponytail.and the mandarin collar with the outer robe ..  

It's really irking me! I tried to rationalise it as it being a Fox clan thing but it doesn't make sense when the other characters are dressed somewhat appropriately for the rest of the Tang dynasty scenes..except for Zhao Song's anachronistic black jacket in ep 10. That also doesn't really look like Tang dynasty stuff.

End of rant.

13 hours ago, zoeraindasher said:

I did read some posts online about a possible Season 2 but those posts are unconfirmed speculation that they'll adapt Season 2 based on the sequels.. Book 4 is a prequel. Book 3 isn't complete yet. There are about 66 chapters up for Book 3 currently. 

Update: According to one of the author Shi Dingrou's Weibo posts dated May 22, 2018, there is no Book 4. There was a prequel/Book 4 planned but after some reflection, she realised she didn't really know how to write historical fiction about foxes.. and that she thought a story she wrote about foxes in ancient settings wouldn't be any different from the Liao Zhai stories. Sorry for the inaccurate information. 

She says she's in the midst of wrapping up the third/final book and that there is a happy ending. It should be published in the second half of 2018. 

@SillyCoconut I was reading Shi Dingrou and the M&V director's Weibo posts.. it seems that they're pretty open to the idea of shooting a 2nd season. 

On 6/2/2018 at 10:31 PM, zoeraindasher said:

@SillyCoconut don't worry about it. The actresses do kinda look alike.

Anyway, about the newspaper article? Can you give me the link to the article you're referring to?

Right now, based on what I'm reading online, any news about Season 2 .. it's all just rumours at this point and speculation at this point. There is a possibility of adapting Books 2 and 3 for upcoming seasons but I guess it comes down to the actors and production company at the end of the day.

I don't know much about the interaction between Johnny's fans and Victoria's fans but as actors, they seem to work well together and get along behind the scenes. So I wouldn't worry too much about how fans can sway the production. At the end of the day, it's profits and viewership that count for the production company. Johnny's fans and Victoria's fans may constitute a part of the audience, but there will be other viewers.. There will always be ways to manage fan expectations and fandom quarrels. If I were one of the producers, looking at the success of the webseries, I'd be going ahead with Season 2. 

Bleh! I thought I saved it, BUT I DIDN'T! I failed. I even looked through my search history, but I couldn't find it at all. All I remember is that the newspaper was a local newspaper from Wuhan or some city with the letters Wu in it. I should have posted it when I found it, but then I distracted watching/reading HBDC fan accounts.

From what I remember. Fans speculated that IF they do have a second season it will start off with Ah Xi losing his memory. Him and PiPi meeting on the train.

The reason why there was a big issue with Johnny and Victoria's fans was that a lot of Johnny's Addicted fans are a bit possessive. They kept picking on Victoria and spreading rumors throughout the whole filming process. Her fans are just as possessive. It gotten so bad that Victoria's manager, Jia Shikai, got involved right before the drama aired. He said blasted Johnny's fans on social media and even said Johnny and Victoria will never stand on the same stage. Hopefully with the success the drama has been getting their fans and her manager will calm down a little. Jia Shikai often goes on a social media rant/rage when his artists are getting attacked.

Rumored Discord Between The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love Stars

posted by Michelle Teng on April 30, 2018 4 comments
Victoria Song Huang Jingyu The Love Knot discord rumors

Jia Shikai who manages artists like Victoria Song and Yang Yang has taken to weibo to express some very strong feelings towards an unnamed individual. Netizens deduce that he was likely referring to a show that will premiere soon, which leaves us with The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初 starring Victoria Songand Johnny Huang Jingyu.

Victoria Song Huang Jingyu The Love Knot discord rumors
This isn't the first time Jia Shikai stood up for one of his talents as he was previously outraged by anti-fans who burned Yang Yang's pictures on Qingming Day. Now, netizens are assuming that Jia Shikai is defending Victoria Song.

Apparently, it was reported last year that Victoria Song and Huang Jingyu will be teaming up for a project but rumor has it that another actress was initially chosen and was already preparing for the role even before the drama was conceptualized. Victoria Song coming in as a replacement did not bode well with fans of Huang Jingyu who have taken their displeasure online on a large scale and at a personal level.

Victoria Song Huang Jingyu The Love Knot

Victoria Song Huang Jingyu The Love Knot

Victoria Song and Huang Jingyu have remained silent but Jia Shikai could not help but react through Weibo. There are also those who think that everything is simply Jia Shikai's ploy to bring publicity to the drama. If it's true, well, it worked and he wouldn't be the first or the last manager to do this. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he's really protecting Victoria Song from her detractors.

In the end, success and failure would still be up to the lead characters because no matter how much publicity a drama gets, if the story and acting is mediocre or lacking, people will lose interest right away. 

cr: dramaPanda 

On 6/3/2018 at 9:59 AM, zoeraindasher said:

My thoughts exactly. In the books, you really see the significance of Helan being Right Priest and a protector and leader of the fox clan. And he has a job! He earns money! In the show, I'm still wondering where he gets his money from.. Is it just investments and wealth earned over 900 years? 

I was kinda thinking that Helan is a bit like Ichabod Crane from the Sleepy Hollow series.. Lol, but Crane woke up after being buried for 200 years and tries to update himself immediately on the latest developments in society. Helan has been alive for over 900 years and he's still soo ignorant about the world. He is all about Pipi. 100%. From stealing the Pearl of Charm to the finding a cure mission.. Everything in his life is all about Hui Yan/Pipi. I mean, it's romantic and swoony but yes, it looks like all he does is work out, attend events, eat flowers, and hang out in cafes with Kuanyong and Xiu Xian.  Helan not being updated on the latest developments in the world.. and slang and tech and stuff like that makes for some hilarious scenes but IF there is a Season 2, I hope they make Helan more realistic and give him something else to do that doesn't revolve around Pipi.  Be a badass leader of the Fox Clan, man! 

Male leads in drama have evolve differently over the years. Before most drama lovers love guys like Helan from the book: cold, distance, mysterious, arrogant, tsundere etc. Now a days the trend is guys who are innocent, cute, smart, jealous, literally puppies etc. Don't you see how many drama lovers on Viki, Dramafever, twitter etc. are loving how cute and adorable Helan is. Even if PiPi's character evolve they don't really care they just want more Helan because that's their ideal type of boyfriend. It would be nice to see him as a badass leader of the Fox Clan.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, zoeraindasher said:

My apologies for the rant you're about to read.

I've got a bone to pick with the costume and hairstyling dept in this drama. 

What is up with Qing Mu's 21st century hairstyle? It looks like he's trying to be part of an idol group. Qing Mu, this idol hairstyle is soooo weird on you. If Qing Mu and Helan meet again, the first thing Helan should do is cut his dad's hair. First thing on the To-Do list!

Also Qing Mu's Tang dynasty hanfu does not look like Tang dynasty men's clothes at all. It looks like some weird mishmash costume made up of elements from different dynasties. That long ponytail.and the mandarin collar with the outer robe ..  

It's really irking me! I tried to rationalise it as it being a Fox clan thing but it doesn't make sense when the other characters are dressed somewhat appropriately for the rest of the Tang dynasty scenes..except for Zhao Song's anachronistic black jacket in ep 10. That also doesn't really look like Tang dynasty stuff.

End of rant.

Do you know who Qing My's 21 century looked like? When I first saw him, I thought, damn he looks like an older version of ____.

Image result for yesung 

el oh el. Forgive the northern fox clan. Thy haven't had human contact ever. They are behind in wardrobe fashion. 

When you thought your ideal boyfriend can protect you from bees (bugs), but it turned out he is just as scared as you. Haha. She ended up running and screaming 'Help' in the end.

Mom, I think I am in love... https://weibo.com/tv/v/Ghwpn0Ago?fid=1034:73f9b1b0958e1654e60f13026b0328dc

This is the cherry on top of the cake.

757dcf85ly1fry0nj5ryej22ky3va7wh.jpg757dcf85ly1fry0nhflh3j22ky3vahdt.jpg

There is more pictures of him. Here is his fan index page if anyone is interested in it:  https://weibo.com/p/100808706d041866977cc74ab82aef859417af/super_index#_rnd1528155964412 

Here is his weibo: https://weibo.com/u/1971179397?from=feed&loc=at&nick=演员李嘉铭&is_hot=1

Here is Li Shen's weibo: https://weibo.com/u/6115182009?from=feed&loc=at&nick=李燊_LS&is_hot=1#_rnd1528156216637

Here is Liu Yongxi's weibo: https://weibo.com/u/2414523500?from=feed&loc=at&nick=刘泳希_&is_hot=1#_rnd1528156257136  [/spoiler]

You cannot forget your Lord Ah Xi.

ed8aa79cly1frz84bmx06j20e00kkdr1.jpged8aa79cly1frz84nzicdj20j60ntta2.jpged8aa79cly1frz84blz8lj20j60slwfy.jpg

80dec954gy1frzwtbm0l9j20v91ahamt.jpg

On 6/2/2018 at 11:37 PM, UnniSarah said:

Who here watches this drama on

Reveal hidden contents

DRAMAFEVER

On the site they said we would get 2 epsiodes on thursday and friday. It seems to be uploadedddd on Wednesday and THursday. WHy is that???

Spoiler

The drama airs on competitor Viki using the China schedule of 2 eps on Wednesday & Thursday. When DF realized this, I think they changed their schedule to match the competition, but forgot to update the message on the show page.  At least , that's my reading of the situation. 

This weeks' spoiler. Some might have already seen it. Please don't open your mouth and gasp when you see this. 

Things escalated quickly. You try to comfort your boyfriend when he is having a bad dream, but he uses this opportunity to get to the next base. :wink: Boys will be boys.

006QCrsHly1fs0b18km36g30dv07su0y.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b1a7oyeg30dw082kjn.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b19egt6g30dw082e83.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b11m8yeg30dw082b2a.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b105zjtg30dw082npd.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b17ps78g30dw082hdu.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b1axtawg30dw082npg.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b186xfbg30dw082npe.gif

006QCrsHly1fs0b1avdiug30dw082b2c.gif

For the full effect please click here for the bigger gifs. Couldn't post it big for some reason. Credit there as well.

Idk how Johnny's fans are reacting to it, but Victoria's fans are hurt and crying after seeing this. They are asking her to come out and comfort them. :tongue: 

1 hour ago, SillyCoconut said:

This weeks' spoiler. Some might have already seen it. Please don't open your mouth and gasp when you see this. 

Reveal hidden contents

Things escalated quickly. You try to comfort your boyfriend when he is having a bad dream, but he uses this opportunity to get to the next base. :wink: Boys will be boys.

For the full effect please click here for the bigger gifs. Couldn't post it big for some reason. Credit there as well.

Idk how Johnny's fans are reacting to it, but Victoria's fans are hurt and crying after seeing this. They are asking her to come out and comfort them. :tongue: 

Thank you for sharing! 

Wow, Johnny is so hot!! 

4 hours ago, SillyCoconut said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I thought they had to do a special "preparation" before the foxes and humans could become intimate with each other? Otherwise,  she'd have a heart attack ( or worse) like before when they shared a kiss? I guess not, since Pipi seems OK after this unplanned intimacy.  As to the fans-  I really don't understand the mindset of these people.  So stupid.

As for me, I say a big "Thank You!" to both the actors, director, writer, and rest of production team for giving us a decent love scene showing 2 people expressing their love in a realistic way. I really can't stand those awkward scenes where female lead just stands there frozen in terror looking like she's going to vomit as the male lead kisses/ assaults her. Totally unromantic for me, and takes me right out of the drama. So refreshing when we can enjoy a proper love scene.

@Table122000

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

As to the fans-  I really don't understand the mindset of these people.  So stupid.

As for me, I say a big "Thank You!" to both the actors, director, writer, and rest of production team for giving us a decent love scene showing 2 people expressing their love in a realistic way.

I agree and I also want to thanks them for a job well done. They are very good actors.  We as fans should want our Idols to get the recognition for their craft and be loved more . These fan take things to far and needs to be respectful and just root for them so the Stars can be happy. 

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@SillyCoconut.... Thanks for spoilers. I am always at awe when I hear about fans being disappointed at their idol when their idols are out there making a living like they do. Smh smh 

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Hide contents

I thought they had to do a special "preparation" before the foxes and humans could become intimate with each other? Otherwise,  she'd have a heart attack ( or worse) like before when they shared a kiss? I guess not, since Pipi seems OK after this unplanned intimacy.  As to the fans-  I really don't understand the mindset of these people.  So stupid.

As for me, I say a big "Thank You!" to both the actors, director, writer, and rest of production team for giving us a decent love scene showing 2 people expressing their love in a realistic way. I really can't stand those awkward scenes where female lead just stands there frozen in terror looking like she's going to vomit as the male lead kisses/ assaults her. Totally unromantic for me, and takes me right out of the drama. So refreshing when we can enjoy a proper love scene.

They are suppose to do a special preparation, but maybe he took medicine every night just in case. We will know once the drama airs tomorrow. 

Well her fans don't mean harm. They aren't disappointed/mad or anything since she literally has had kissing scenes in every production she's been in. They just like to tease her. They just want her to 'comfort' them. That's why she tells/reminds her fans she's straight (only likes boys) and that she wishes all of their wishes to come true except to marry her. 

Maybe I worded it weird earlier, my bad. Anyone excited for tomorrow's episode. It should be the ending this week and the special is next week

5 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yeah it's really true that boys will be boys. This opportunity should not be missed painfully. We all need to see them get the next step of the relationship. :lol::lol::wub::wub: 

P/S: Happy to wake up on Wednesday coz today the 4 eps will be aired. Finger crossed for a happy ending. I will miss them so much when the drama ends.  

Archived