[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

watched episode 3 now. Mika is definitely one track mind as she does everything to get close to DH. even not understand the underlying meaning behind SB words. But I think Both Mika and DH have allot to learn about love. She how you need to  be genuine and how to care for the other persons feelings.  How to see the other person for who he is. He need to see how just looking at another person as a picture he likes will make him get bored of it. there is not anything you can get from a picture other then a flat thing with color. A person can respond to your word and action. you can learn something new about he/she everyday. derby a person will never be boring and one dimensional like a painting. something i think his doctor where on. Gonna be nice seeing them grow and learn about love. maybe teach me something in the same time :tongue: 

About SB. She is the perfect match. I can see way he keep her around as she is smart and can get a deal done. they actually have in some way same personality. but for that reason I think DH can grow as a person with Mika around, she is already changing him.

Gonna be interesting discover with Mika and DH what love and time is :wub: 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely understand CM’s reaction at the beginning of this episode! I would’ve done the same thing! He was hella rude; don’t get me wrong I like DH but I think he’s so used to being in control and this (feelings) is not something he’s used to having so it’s making him agitated. Also he’s short tempered...so it was just an explosion of frustration on his part. But you go girl I’m glad you had the right mind to walk away!

I liked what you said in your post @bebebisous33. I was hoping somebody would comment about the painting he chose . I have a feeling the painting is symbolic of the OTP’s relationship. Right now it’s in full bloom. But given the circumstances to which they both have come together so quickly, it will be a matter of time before that permanency will be tested.

I enjoy their moments together, and I attribute it to the good chemistry between the actors ( by the way Chemistry is also very relative to viewer , I have seen some online comments about not really buying the connection between the two ) but something bugs me about what lies ahead for them . However for now I’ll enjoy the moment especially seeing LSY’s dimpled smile & his child like excitement in finally opening up his heart. 

Enjoyed reading your “ thesis “ on your SLS @Dhakra , I do not disagree. Like I said Beth is not a bad person. I understand her perfectly . Her jealous reactions, though not classy are normal . In fact for her sake , she should terminate the engagement. She does genuinely like Do Ha . She’s gone above & beyond to show her love & wants it properly returned, so I do feel bad for her . But he isn’t giving her heart to her. And  I’m sure you know , the heart always wants what it wants . 

I understand Mika’s desperate attempts when she approached Do Ha. It may seem selfish , but I Guess that’s the result of knowing your life will end in 3 months & then finally finding the cure. Do Ha is like a life jacket thrown at her when she was drowning. You won’t think too much about how your actions will affect the other person Long term when you yourself are struggling to breathe . It will be a long & interesting road ahead 

Am off to watch eps 4

1 hour ago, blademan said:

Completely understand CM’s reaction at the beginning of this episode! I would’ve done the same thing! He was hella rude; don’t get me wrong I like DH but I think he’s so used to being in control and this (feelings) is not something he’s used to having so it’s making him agitated. Also he’s short tempered...so it was just an explosion of frustration on his part. But you go girl I’m glad you had the right mind to walk away!

Lol like he said he needs to go to a Speech Academy.

Ratings 180529:

#MiracleThatWeMet : 13.1%            (+0.5)  Finale

#PartnersForJustice : 5.6% | 6.4%  (-0.2/-0.3)

#GreasyMelo : 4.5% | 5.2%               (-0.3/-0.3)

#MissHammurabi : 4.9%                  (-0.1)

#AboutTime : 1.5%                            (+0.2) FIGHTING!!!

Note that only Miracle that We Met and About Time increased in ratings.  Hopefully ratings would pick up next week with Miracle done.  Yesterday's ratings dipped because of soccer.  However,  About Time videos dominated Naver Top 100 videos with several clips getting more than 1m hits.  (credit to anaaarivera twitter)

Oh an his family really sucks only  he accepted his brother. :angry:

I ma so glad she told him early about her seeing time did not expect that.

Duudue he asked her to live together to prevent  her time for running out  just wow!

ep4 done.

• Do Ha being utterly silent in the car showcases how much feelings he already has towards Mika. His words were chosen poorly towards her, but he had a few good points.
  • I feel really, really sorry for Beth. Because right now, she is the "good one". He felt hurt when she saw Do Ha talking to Mika outside, she knows that something was happening there but played it down. So far everything goes against her. Mika also manipulated and changed her life too. 
  • What I really like is the showcase about how Do Ha speaks to himself and how he tries to understand Mika actions. When he was in his office talking to himself why Mika didn't ask or respond, it it exactly how guys think when being in love with a woman. We go crazy, like really crazy. But normally all of this just happens in our heads. 
    The drama really does a good job at showcasing how we try to explain everything to ourselves and slowly go nuts.
  • "Let's have a word for a second" never means something good.
  • 15 hours ago, triplem said:

And @bebebisous33 looks like Beth's true colours got revealed more today. She is trying to "buy" Do ha's love. She felt insecure immediately when she saw Mika because it is not normal for Do ha to hire a driver ( a female one ) like Mika. She's surprised that Mika has no complaints about Do Ha. 

But can you really blame her for that? Mika plays the exact same game, with the only difference that she offers money instead of herself. She protects her future and wants to protect Do Ha by removing Mika. Mika on the other hands offers herself and makes an innocent man go nuts over her in exchange for additonal life time.
    The only thing Beth does is making it more visual. Yeah, it may not be right, but she likes him and knows that whatever game they play, nothing good will come out of it. Again, she is right now, the heroine. 
    Everything Beth does, Mika already did before, but more sneaky.  
  • The game Mika is playing is way worse than Beth's actions.
  • 40 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra I didn’t know how much I miss us in the thread till I read that wall of text.

Great post, I’m busy atm but will reply later. :)

:D Haha, thanks. Looking forward to your answer.

• 15 minutes ago, triplem said:

Enjoyed reading your “ thesis “ on your SLS @Dhakra , I do not disagree. Like I said Beth is not a bad person. I understand her perfectly . Her jealous reactions, though not classy are normal . In fact for her sake , she should terminate the engagement. She does genuinely like Do Ha . She’s gone above & beyond to show her love & wants it properly returned, so I do feel bad for her . But he isn’t giving her heart to her. And  I’m sure you know , the heart always wants what it wants . 

I understand Mika’s desperate attempts when she approached Do Ha. It may seem selfish , but I Guess that’s the result of knowing your life will end in 3 months & then finally finding the cure. Do Ha is like a life jacket thrown at her when she was drowning. You won’t think too much about how your actions will affect the other person Long term when you yourself are struggling to breathe . It will be a long & interesting road ahead 

So we already calling it my SLS again? Well, fine I guess. Yeah, she should terminate it, but I guess that not in her hands. I guess it wasn't her idea to marry him in the first place, she was more or less forced into an engagement aswell. With probably the only difference that she actually liked her fiancee at least a little. 
    But he has no interest at all in her, he sees her as a necessary business partnership. Everything that has to do with her is only on paper. He does not love her, he may not even care much for her, she's just....well....an agreement. 
    But I don't think she has much to say, she just tries to make the best out of it. 

Yes and that is what I don't like. In the end, she just expands her life by working for a few seconds.She clinges into life, not worrying about how it affects other lives. 

• Somehow....the drama sometimes feel like a mixture of scenes from dramas I watched during the last year. The stabbing of Do Ha is pretty much like the stabbing during...gosh....I hate to say this......SWDBS. 
    Beth is pretty much the SY from Whisper combined with the second lead from Liar & his Lover. 

• Unpopular opinion (but hey, that's what I'm famour for right?), but the kiss let me totally cold. And why? Because it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon. I have nothing against a faster pace, but during one episode she gets his rude confession (which makes the clock even go down while he is by her side), rejects him, reconsiders her actions AND kisses him. That's just waaaay too much. I don't feel like the characters developed enough already to make such actions. Especially not Mika. 
    While he was kissing her, I felt like it was just too soon, it didn't had any sweet moment or love in it. It was just a kiss, nothing to remember.

He does get very obsessed very quickly and gets bored quickly. She assumes she will die In About 3 Months  and he assumes he will follow his usual pattern of 3 months. It will be interesting to see this play out for sure

@Dhakra As I see it as of this episode he is choosing to go ahead with his feelings/obsession ... she was honest with him all episode and being real with herself about what she was doing. He kissed her not the other way round. He is gung ho for her to move in not the other way round. 

And all Beth’s talk about “playing around”  RE: MC is very  skeevy IMO. No female who really loves or wants her man would Say that! 

To each his own though!

1527578279_673_lee-sung-kyung-and-lee-salee-sung-kyung-and-lee-sang-yoon-exchang

During this emotional scene I really doubt that DH could fully comprehend the words of confession & honesty pouring out of Mika. Instead he was focused on the sadness within in her face and the tears welling up within her eyes.  In fact it's as if she could be saying anything I can see fantasy, fairies, fables all around me and his reply would have been the same.  For while watching him watching her it's as if he was emotionally tuned into her so deeply that her words were like an after thought he instead chose to listen with his heart and understand only what he could see...

As she willingly confesses her fears for him, he too had fears of his own in thinking about her and what ifs, in what could have happened to her.  In losing someone he has feelings for once again.  Maybe that too played on his mind? 

As he moved in closer never taking his eyes off of her, not once.   He gently laid his warm palm upon her soft face ever so slowly with his thumb moving across those tears falling from her eyes.  I loved his words that followed  " Whatever your reason is, I couldn't care less.  Then he sealed the deal and his words the best way a man can. A tender kiss... Looked pretty convincing to me...:wub:

My heart goes out to Mika, bless her little heart she seems like a lost sheep as she is young and she doesn't even know she is in love yet.   I don't blame her when you live with the knowledge of death all around you and knowing what no one should know your own time of death too.  There is no courage in believing that love is even possible when you know there is no time.  Believing, what would be the point when death is so near.  

( Little does she know love is possible anywhere, anytime and when you least expect it!)

How can anyone really understand it unless it's happening to you?  Selfish?  Is it wrong to love life so much you would do anything except hurt someone or yourself in trying to live just a little longer?  When there is so much of life she has never experienced or had the chance to live?  Adventures and dreams unfulfilled, desires and memories unmade what price would you be willing to pay... 

I daresay that living is priceless and worth fighting for and there is great value in even one extra day...

Heck even in one extra breath...

She is young, been fixated on her burden of being that close to death for who knows how long and thus because of her impulsiveness now she has  gotten  involved with a temperamental Alpha male who had said in not so many words I will to have sex with you one day so be prepared And his powerful fiancé who wants her a ss gone. So of course she is confused and makes mistakes. 

But she has the intelligence, morals and basic maturity to understand her where she has gone wrong. Yay for character growth !

I was really irritated with LSK at the beginning of this series and almost skipped watching it because of how she came across initially. However, in the last  few episodes, she is beginning to warm up and I am liking the development of the story line. The chaebol GF is of course, predictably unlikable. I am more amazed by the physical transformation of LSY in such a short period of time; he looks good.

9 hours ago, Dhakra said:
  • I like the fact how he falls in love though, it shares similarities how I fall in love. A few of you who might know me know that I also "love" two songs (Secret Love Song & How far I'll go)  that do the same thing that Mika managed to do to Do-Ha. You just feel like time has stopped and you can blend out everything. I could totally understand him that her voice was able to create such feelings inside him. Up to this point he was not sure about his intentions, he didn't know what he feels or thinks about her, but during that moment he had a moment of pure clarity. And then he did the most manly thing you can do, get out there as fast as possible and deny everything. 
  • I actually quite like Beth, as of you know, I might even say I like her more than Mika. (Don't look at me like that Queen Noona @triplem) Why? Because when you compare both Mika and Beth, Beth is the more genuine and honest one. Beth isn't interested in money or power, she already has both, Do Ha doesn't need to provide her both.
    She is someone who is able to do things, in fact she is even more powerful than Do Ha, without her help, he wouldn't have achieved anything. He would be even behind his brother. She also doesn't play games yet, she clearly tells Do Ha why she refuses to marry him yet.
    She wants something money cannot buy, love. And if he fails to deliver, then she simply has no interest. But that doesn't stop her from helping him. She shows off how valueable she is. I also think she does like him, although it's an arranged marriage. 
    Remember 'Whisper'? She's a better version of Soo Yeon. Funny that LSY played male lead in both dramas and was in an arranged marriage in both. 
    Mika on the other hand just wants to get close to him so she can expand her life-span. Without that, she would have never created an interest in him. During the first three episodes she was quite selfish, although I don't like how Do Ha treated her, she was quite ambitious to get as close as possible to him by any means possible. 
  • Mika is the one actually playing him, she wants to get close to him, but when a woman openly tries to show her her place, she doesn't even realize. So it's understandable that Do Ho is quite confused. Why isn't she jealous at all or at least makes a little fuss? Mika only thinks about herself so far.

• Beth acts quite normal in my opinion, yeah she's a little rude, but which girl who is about to marry a girl doesn't show a potential competitor his place? I think it was quite sexy that she made sure that Mika knows where she belongs. Beth is a girl that knows what she wants, during the whole episode she was shown as a strong woman who is capable of making her own decisions. The perfect example was scolding her employee. She actually has a name and isn't tired of makign sure everyone knows that she is a big player. 

• Do Ha clearly fell in love, his intention to make sure he loses interest in her after three months is a perfect example on how things will fail. His doc found the right words. Men go crazy over girls, more than you can ever imagine, nothing will change that. Mika took the speedway to Do Has heart, nothing he will do will undo that. 

I appreciate the male perspective, from a female here:

• That is the funniest thing I learned today.  Flight or fight response for survival.  
  • Yes and no, Beth knows she has the upper hand in their relationship due to her father's money and social position. She does help DH in his business deals but more so that she can exert some power over him.  She's a control freak.  I guess it's a double edged sword for DH.  He fully realizes it too.  He needs her influence and positioning, but knows he is making a deal with the devil.  When Beth took over the deal, drafted herself the contract preemptively  for 20% control of his production, DH knew right there he is staring down a rabbit hole.  That's his future as her husband.  She will want to control every facet of his life, he's a kept man.  Whatever misguided notion he has about making this perfect business deal is gone.  After the dinner, like you've said: "he had a moment of pure clarity".
  • I think she does like DH.  Love, I am not so sure.  I have been wondering aloud what exactly does she see in DH?  Why him?  Being extremely wealthy can be a burden.  Just like DH, she will always be insecure in relationships.  She sees DH as a safe haven.  She trusts him as his loyalty is built into the business transaction.  However, I think there's pride involved as some women, you see, those with the princess syndrome will always want to be the fairest of all.  I cracked up at lighted mirror on her desk :D Part of her also sees it as a challenge to make him fall in love with her. I too want to cut Beth some slacks.  I understand her jealousy.  Not even speaking about her treatment of Mika, I just don't like her mannerism and opinion of the man whom she is going to marry.  She doesn't see him as an equal so why get married?  
  • I agree Mika's way was not the best.  We were shown clearly that through DH's confusion.  I think it is not purposely malicious, just desperate.  Like her, I didn't know how to make him understand her dilemma without sounding crazy.  I like that she was able to be honest and the writer made it so that her timing was perfect.  Her confession was tied with all sorts of emotions at the right moment.  DH didn't care at all now that he fell in love with her.  It's good that it is at the beginning honeymoon phase of their relationship where everything is all rainbows and unicorns.  A confession later in the relationship maybe heard with a clearer and different mindset.
  • Yes, LSY again.  It's called fate.
  • Being a big player is important. How you conduct yourself is more important to instill respect in others.  This is where Beth has to learn still.  I still hope that she will change by the end of the drama because she is likable in some ways.
  • I think the pace of this romance is light speed because the drama wants to show us the after effect.  The middle and end of the love affair.

38 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@triplem @bedifferent

So i have watched the epi 3... I just loved the interaction between mika and Do Hae....the snatching of Biscuit from mouth... I just loved it but It would have been great if Lee Sang Yoon’s look could have been more intense...!!! i all of sudden remember LMH PSY scene of ice cream..!!! Mika touching his hand in darkness... what was she thinking?? :D

How can a man resist such temptation... Lady , you are clearly giving signal.. :tongue:

The way she gave piece of mind to the Producer.. That was good... but I sincerely hope this does not create a love triangle..!!

Ha.  You are bitten by the LSY bug, lol.

@sin hoonsim  i have not watched E4, screenshots

C5822E30-4A45-4539-A318-C9F6C6D992D8

414F8B8C-E5D8-43CB-BDEE-7132BD3A73EC

yes, the time is different and could be his.

Benjamin Button, I’m telling you.... we have to discuss it.  I think I know where this is heading.  The IG fan postings in Myeong-don, they seem to not know each other, I think I get it.

Archived