[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This was your reply. Then let me ask you this : to whom is she honest? To MiKa, not at first. She acts as the nice fiance... Then does she show her jealousy in front of LDH? Not really, she tries to deny any deep commitment from LDH towards MK. Later, she bought the things for MK which she hid from LDH. To me, she is not direct and honest with LDH. If she was honest with LDH, she shouldn't have pretended to be drunk and go to the restroom... she could have told him how she felt. She only reminded where LDH came from. She never speaks about her feelings.

You take her words as face value: "You can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't get messy" But her words sound as if she was giving him the authorization to have the affair for a while. So she keeps acting as if she is the owner of LDH.      

To Beth's credit, she approaches her relationship with strategies similar to her boardroom maneuvering.  Everyone has a price, any deal can be brokered.  As a CEO, like DH, business deals has to be treated with as little of emotions as possible.  She wants to approach her battle, clear headed and in control.  I don't think it occurs to Beth that passion, emotions, all that made us vulnerable is an asset.  Here is where I think the lesson will be for Beth. If she has shown her true feelings, I don't doubt that DH would have treated her differently.  His brother has said that beneath the cold exterior, DH is nice and considerate.  I think Beth's strong personality gave her a disadvantage.

If Beth had confronted DH and made him choose, I would have respected her more.  Unfortunately, she is not courageous enough to allow herself the chance that she may lose.  She plays it too safe and didn't put herself out there to move DH's feelings. I totally agree that she is not completely honest to herself.

2 hours ago, Libera said:

I am glad that Mika told Do Ha the truth so soon, i wonder if Do Ha really believes or understand what she said to him. I understood Mika more in this episode, i understood her confusion and desperation. She is using Do Ha like a medicine but also she is conflicted because he is also a person and her presence can affect his life too, she feels guilty but what to do? Stop "curing" yourself and die or keep "curing" yourself and affect another person's life? It's a complicated position she is in, she is obviously desperate to live longer like everybody, nobody will refuse to cure themselves and die without fighting. It's like if someone with a terminal illness that is about to die suddenly finds a cure, he is her miracle.

I agree here and with @triplem I don't think they love each other.  For DH, it's infatuation, like how he feels for a painting.  All combustible dopamine driven short-lived high.  I want to see how he reacts when she tells him she is dying.  Not all drugs can cure the illness at first try.  You may get an allergic reaction, a resistance from the organism if is taken too long.  The disease can progress after a while.  Nothing works forever.  For now, he is her cure.  They'll face more hurdles in the future.  We will have to see if they are really compatible with each other and stay true together.  DH is learning what it takes to make a commitment.  I'm afraid he won't pass the first time.

@bebebisous33 DH's brother is both a reality check and an oasis for him isn't it?  He's very observant, giving DH the affection that he misses.  However, also serves as a reminder of who he can be outside of the current life he is living.  I don't think DH can leave the inheritance/company for love. It's not in him, he's too much of a realist although I really want him to become more of a realist optimist by drama's end.

@Dhakra you got a cat!!! :wub:  I will reply to your post later!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem Thanks dear for the invite! I actually just marathoned and caught up to ep 4 last night as this drama was on my radar as I do like the leads. Just been reeling after the end of A Poem A Day and My Mister and miss both these dramas tremendously. But this drama DEF has potential  They both have chemistry and looking forward to more interaction between Mika and Doha. I love Doha's hyung taking care of Doha keeping a good word for him to Mika while still embarrassing him too. (So sweet his affection for him in the last episode). Also glad they did not STRETCH the fact she sees people's lives. The kiss at the end and Do Ha not caring why she is beside him is EPIC. Glad it is out!

I love the woman who thinks of her as a granddaughter, she really cares for Mika. The way she interviewed and interrogated Do Ha at the movie theater was epic.

I agree Do Ha is not in love with Mika. He is intrigued and attracted to her. But he is too cool headed still to cut off his engagement to be with Mika. He still wants her around but he is still figuring things out. Not sure of his love back story but seems he could have been burnt badly that is why he is willing to try to woo that chaebol gal Beth.

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:
9 hours ago, ladyid said:

I will believe his clock is on his bottom until proven otherwise. -_-

You two are looking for the wrong PG-15 show.  Since we are threadmates, I will join you to look. By the way, it's not here. I double checked with @USAFarmgirl

If only it were true what an amazing job & title that would be FBI ( Female Body Inspector )beats Farming!!!:w00t: Dang I would feel like the Goddess Of Fire  in my Second Twenties It may take me a while and few packages of crackers but I have Angel EYES and my Whisper can be pretty convincing.  I would be willing to chase him On The Way To The Airport.  The view alone would remind me that  Life Is Beautiful.  Just call he and I The DUO.   LOL I better stop here for it's  About Time after all he is waiting...  :w00t:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKRmndTWUKb33Md6cxpPolsy-httg-25.jpg2b7191cba918087c27607f523286981b.jpg

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra you got a cat!!! :wub:  I will reply to your post later!

Well I pretty much always had a cat. :D Lu was quite famous here. He probably had more fans than me here. (Don't you dare to cry @USAFarmgirl-_- )

But yeah, I currently have a cat. 

Cuteness overload:

Spoiler

34122440_984803125020465_309296526736647

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Just been reeling after the end of A Poem A Day and My Mister and miss both these dramas tremendously. But this drama DEF has potential  They both have chemistry and looking forward to more interaction between Mika and Doha. I love Doha's hyung taking care of Doha keeping a good word for him to Mika while still embarrassing him too. (So sweet his affection for him in the last episode).

I love the woman who thinks of her as a granddaughter, she really cares for Mika. The way she interviewed and interrogated Do Ha at the movie theater was epic.

Hello.  I just came straight from My Ajusshi as well, this drama cures my withdrawal a little. I'm hoping we will learn more about Do Ha's first love from his brother Do San. Mika did indeed make a connection with Do San.  Seems like he scored better grade in speech class than his brother and the gene is on the mother side.  Other than that, I am curious to know why Mrs Oh is always in the hospital yet her time clock is longer than her BF Mr. Park.  Interestingly, she is featured more with Mika than her mom.  The other house philosopher is his psychiatrist Park Sung-Bin who acts as Do Ha's advisor and his lifeline.  Wonder what he thinks of Mika's time clock dilemma.

I miss spunky Mika so drama, let's get her back soon.  More musical numbers please.

@USAFarmgirl oh no, who are you? fangirl mode on superdrive. :lol: Aigoooo.

@Dhakra  It's Tom!

What an episode 4 was. So now we knows that Mikas clock increase when she feel something of genuin affection from DH. wonder if there is more to it then what we have seen so far. was nice how she finally understand that she have been giving DH false ide about her feelings. I agree with you guys that neither of them have deep feelings toward each other at the moment, and DH is fueled by his infatuation and belive that this gonna end in 3 month. you don´t know what in store for you DH! I have to smile at how he did not care about what MIka told him. anyway I am happy the truth is in the open! what a nice way to turn around that the other party don´t belive when the person tell them their secret.  So the new character is DH half brother. he seems nice and a person that DH can talk to about his worry.

Last ting i want to talk about is BSB. I totally understand where she is coming from. She sees that DH is interested in Mika. but the way she is doing it is wrong. I mean the one she should talk to about it is to DH himself. also she knows that their future marriage is based on convenient. It is not first time that the married man fiend love outside of their marriage.... I suspect something like that would happen to them as he those not love her. I am not saying being unfaithful is ok in any way, but we knows that in that kind of marriage it happens often, and no one is happy in the end... I do hope DH soon those something to end their relationship, even tough I know it is gonna be hard to do consider his family and how useful she is in her work. lets see. 

Anyway I`m hooked to this drama, and looking forward to more Mika og Do Ha :wub:

Quoted by @bedifferent
@sin hoonsim the camera angle at end of E4 was scary at showing how lean LSY is.  He looks fine on Vlive and at the swimming pool tho I hope he bulks up later on after the drama ends.  I like the song at the end of E4, by Pentagon?  looking forward to that OST.

all of us (faithful fans of LSY) are worried, do not want him to 'slim' down further! LOL
oh Pentagon? Someone mentioned SHINee haha, sang OST 3, let's wait it's alright

16 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I feel like I am cheating on My Ahjussi. I thought I wouldn't enjoy another drama so soon but About Time hit the right buttons for me this week. I wasn't quite sure with the premiere but now I am genuinely intrigued. 

Now, did my eyes deceive me or did her clock start counting down again when she clenched her fist and was angry at him in front of the restaurant?

I do want to find out about DH clock soon...another week of mystery

You aren't the only one; I noticed it, too! We've all witnessed in the drama that whenever CM is in close proximity to LDH, her time clock stops. Additionally, she gains back the time when he initiates physical contact with her. And yet at the opening scene of episode 4, CM's time clock started to go down again after hearing LDH utter the lines --

"I don't care what you think. I am going to kiss you, hug you, and sleep with you. I'm going to do that with you.. so that I won't have to worry about you anymore. So that I'll get tired of you and get rid of you. So, you should run away now if you don't want that."

Now why did that happen? Perhaps she's lost her 'connection' with him during that time because of his impetuous outburst? With her clenched fist, girl was clearly not amused with the dude's rash declaration (if I were in her shoes, I probably would've slapped him... just sayin' -_-). Anyhow, I can sense it happening again in future episodes.. So LDH is not CM's ultimate lifeline after all? What do y'all think?  

Oh and, someone mentioned in a post here that CM cannot see the time clocks of those she's close to/care for. I beg to differ. A case in point is CM's relationship with Mrs. Oh -- it's evident that both are fond of each other (Mrs. Oh even regards CM like a granddaughter). CM is aware that the elderly lady has over 2 years (I think) left to live.. As for CM's mom, brother & bestie, I guess we (the audience) aren't privy to theirs yet.

No wonder I thought Do San (Do Ha's older brother) looked familiar, because apparently...

Spoiler

Jung Moon Sung the actor who acted as Yoon Do San is actually one of the supporting character in The Undateables aka Handsome Guy and Jung Eum. He was the playboy guy who were 'accidentally' trained by Nam Goong Min's character :D

1 hour ago, Earth2KatyD said:

Oh and, someone mentioned in a post here that CM cannot see the time clocks of those she's close to/care for. I beg to differ. A case in point is CM's relationship with Mrs. Oh -- it's evident that both are fond of each other (Mrs. Oh even regards CM like a granddaughter). CM is aware that the elderly lady has over 2 years (I think) left to live.. As for CM's mom, brother & bestie, I guess we (the audience) aren't privy to theirs yet.

I agree, I think she can see the lifespans of her loved once.

Didn't she see her best friend's clock in episode one? Or do I remember it incorrectly. 

I wonder if he really will give her trouble for her career or maybe he will learn how to respect people because of her.

Kim Dong Joon started filming as soon as he was cast for 12 hours a day, it must have been really hard but he is doing a great job, kudos to him.

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o4_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o2_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o10_r1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o5_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o3_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o6_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o8_1280.png

I think episode 4 was my least favorite episode so far. That's not to say I didn't like it, just that I didn't feel as immersed in the story as I did during the previous episodes. I think the problem was mostly that I don't understand what the characters are thinking:

Mika confused me with how she first (understandably) got mad at Doha but then said he could use her however he wanted. Um, what? I guess the writer was trying to show how she was confused due to everything that has happened (since there was that line later when she herself wondered why she said it) but because it felt like a strange thing to say based on what we know about Mika it took me out of the story.

Beth confuses me because I can't understand if she is in love with Doha or not. Sometimes I think she is. Somethimes I think she just wants Doha because she doesn't want to lose to Mika. Other times I feel like she just wants to be loved and since she's engaged to him Doha is her only option. Also I don't understand why she agreed to the engagement to begin with since we haven't been shown or told anything about it.

For Doha I think I understand his feelings towards Mika and Beth, but again I don't understand why he agreed to the engagement. Is it to get one over on his brother? Is he trying to get his father's approval? Is it just so he can continue with his cushy lifestyle? Even if he wasn't really living (as some of you put it) before he met Mika he must've had some reason.

I also agree with whoever said they felt the kiss wasn't a good choice. While I think logically it was understandable because they were both worried about each other and feeling emotional, I'm a romantic and would've preferred if they waited with the kiss until we could clearly see that they were in love with each other.

One thing I like about the drama is that the characters are not perfect but you can sympathise with them even if you don't agree with their actions.

Like I think Mika is wrong for persuing Doha since she knows he's engaged, but I understand that spurred on by her friend and desperate to live longer she would do it. Likewise I think Beth is wrong for trying to buy Mika's obedience when what she should do is talk to Doha who is afterall the person she's in a relationship with. However because Doha is so closed off with her I can understand why she approached Mika instead. 

Doha is in a way the hardest to sympathise with. I know he has his issues and that his relationship with both women are complicated but I really don't like how he is so aggressive with Mika and so oblivious with Beth.

I loved the scenes with Doha's brother. Their relationship seems so loving and I thought it was a good choice to introduce him in an episode were there was a lot of gloom. I also liked the scene between Mika and director Jo for the same reason.

The acting also continue to be good and  feel like everyone suit their character.

I hope now that Doha knows why Mika acted like she did their relationship will develop in a more sincere way. Hopefully Beth won't be portrayed as the "evil" second lead. Although I know it's not likely I would love it if she and Doha would talk properly and eventually become good friends and allies. I also hope we'll get more musical/singing numbers because I missed those.

@ladyid episode 4 is the morning after effect of episode 3's emotional chaos.  What I like about the whole episodes was how Do Ha/Mika relationship went from antagonistic to sympathetic with the help of supporting characters.  The last framed shot of 3 was DH/Mika confrontation (his frustrated declaration), 4 ends with their embrace (her emotional revelation).  Both emotional outbursts are bookends to a reflective episode for both DH/MK.  DH is an abrasive guy but he takes responsibility for his words the morning after.  Foot in mouth speaking, we all do from time to time.  I thought their car ride afterward was nicely done, role reversed with Mika in control this time.  DH''s half hearted attempt to apologize pegged him down a notch, I literally see LSY sliding down his chair at Vlive in that moment.  :D Beth served as a wake up call for Mika that her actions has consequences above her own needs.  Mrs Oh, bless her, is Yoda incarnated!  She's Mika's rearview mirror.  Our girl sure was confused and desperate.  That little meeting in the hospital room reset her mind and propel her for the "can we talk" convo at DH's house.  The episode keeps going with the addition of a new character, DH's 1/2 brother.  DoSa helps us to understand that Do Ha can be fun and affectionate when with his loved ones. We then end with Dr. Park whose patient allows Mika once again put her gift to good use, preventing a tragic ending to a stranger.  I thought they all act as Superglue to piece all the fragmented pieces from the first 3 episodes together.  

Their romance starts out as a physical attraction on DH's side.  E4 shows that maybe it can progress to something deeper like love cuz the potential is there.  They are inherently good, nice people who possibly can work out the problems, the hurdles, waiting down the line.  They seem to be equipped with some of the basic tools to be in a relationship.

BTW, Do Sa's limp and his mom... could there be a back story to DH's fear of driving.  We were shown a flashback of DH running into the emergency and a burry shot of a female.  It may not have been his old GF.

Archived