[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know why he is emotionally troubled and miserable:His family is the typical Chaebol cold and mercenary type led by an unloving demanding patriarch . His one brother is a snake and the good brother  is an illlegitimate child treated like  A pariah. 

Yeah, a clock on his hiney makes for a very different kind of drama  :huh:. Mainstream Korean dramas haven’t gotten to the point where they show barebutts. Maybe in 20 years :wink: 

3 minutes ago, RobinM said:

We know why he is emotionally troubled and miserable:His family is the typical Chaebol cold and mercenary type led by an unloving demanding patriarch . His one brother is a snake and the good brother  is an illlegitimate child treated like  A pariah. 

Yeah, you are right, but I thought in love there was another issue. His brother said DH hasn’t looked at anyone like he looks at MC for the past 5 years. I was thinking about his closed heart, his relationship with Beth, and his first love, a musical actress?

Oh my god!, I’m rolling with laughter at some of your comments.  :lol::lol:

@LSGLMH_88 well, watch, good episode :)

@Dhakra welcome to our party.  I won’t comment yet without coffee.

@triplem I am same as @bebebisous33.  He was flat-lined, she restarted his heart and life clock.

All I know this early in the morning is that he’s living again, his clock appears.  It also means that clock will start to count down too.  So really, is it better for it not to restart as living again means having to face death and all the emotions in between.

Uhhh, what will Mika do once she sees his countdown?

11 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra @triplem good lord, what happened?  who are you? are we watching the same drama :lol:  what have i done to this thread?! :lol:

You just turned it into a HOT TOPIC...  What use is there if everyone agrees? Our minds become stale and there is no challenge.  Personally a mixture of different thoughts and genders only makes this place a rich target environment!   It will raise our level of thinking and will bring out the best in each of us.  No matter how you look at it, it's a win! Win for this thread. 

@Dhakra & @triplem are more fun to watch than Tom & Jerry and when seeking facts they can quickly jump into any phone booth and turn into Sherlock & Holmes.  Although they aren't often on the same side, which by some miracle they seem to be right now!!:unsure:  BEWARE everything can change in a blink of an eye LOL:blink:  And that's the best part!!!:blush:

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Oh boy, this will be a long one. It feels like the old days. 

• That's why you summoned me. :D 
  • Well, yes. When you fall for a girl, the first thing you do is trying to flee, escape and distract oneself with the first thing that comes to your mind . This makes sure you fall even more for her, while she thinks you don't like her or try to avoid her. 
    Hey I never said we make sense, but that's what we do, the more we try to ignore you, the more we like you. Simply because we go absolutely mad when thinking about the girl we love and we forget everything around us. 
  • Yes I agree. She does know that she has the upper hand, she does feel superior to him. But you know what? That's because it actually is like that. She completely right. Look would it be the other way around, we would not lose any words about it, in Dramaland it is common that the wealthy CEO son has the reigns in hand and looks down on the girl within the arranged marriage who just provides a name. But this time it's the other way around. HE IS marrying upwards and has to accept that he is not in the position.
    Beth doesn't bribe him or anything, she doesn't even brag about it that she is using her name to help him. They both are part in an arranged marriage, they know that the devil is always around. They are partner. 
    Of course that is his future, but that's not bad if you ask me. Compare it with the situation during 'Whisper'. This time he has someone with more power aswell, but NOW she actually DOES like him.
  • Yeah, maybe. I stopped understanding women at one point, so I'm not even trying to read Mika's actions. 
    About Beth again. Why is her behavior such a problem though? She doesn't treat him as equals...because they are not equals. When you marry because you are in love, then you should treat each other as equals. But since their marriage is arranged, they are business partners. And both know that Beth brings more to the table than Do Ha. So she does what every business man or woman does, the plays her cards the best way she can. 
    Beth always tries to lure love out of him, to show her that he actually loves her, but he doesn't. In fact he also spents time with another girl. When she would feel genuine love from his part, I bet she would actually treat him different and wouldn't necessarily look a bit down on him. But since he fails over and over again to showcase love, she just continues to treat their engagement as a businessplan.
  • Beth is a girl who knows that she wants. Still, she isn't the one who has to change. 

@Dhakra Long time no see, chingu!:)

Your perception of Beth is interesting. I quoted your two comments because I have so many things to reply to these observations.

• I actually quite like Beth, as of you know, I might even say I like her more than Mika. (Don't look at me like that Queen Noona @triplem) Why? Because when you compare both Mika and Beth, Beth is the more genuine and honest one. Beth isn't interested in money or power, she already has both, Do Ha doesn't need to provide her both.
    She is someone who is able to do things, in fact she is even more powerful than Do Ha, without her help, he wouldn't have achieved anything. He would be even behind his brother. She also doesn't play games yet, she clearly tells Do Ha why she refuses to marry him yet.
    She wants something money cannot buy, love. And if he fails to deliver, then she simply has no interest. But that doesn't stop her from helping him. She shows off how valueable she is. I also think she does like him, although it's an arranged marriage. 

Mika on the other hand just wants to get close to him so she can expand her life-span. Without that, she would have never created an interest in him. During the first three episodes she was quite selfish, although I don't like how Do Ha treated her, she was quite ambitious to get as close as possible to him by any means possible. 

• Mika is the one actually playing him, she wants to get close to him, but when a woman openly tries to show her her place, she doesn't even realize. So it's understandable that Do Ho is quite confused. Why isn't she jealous at all or at least makes a little fuss? Mika only thinks about herself so far.

• Beth acts quite normal in my opinion, yeah she's a little rude, but which girl who is about to marry a girl doesn't show a potential competitor his place? I think it was quite sexy that she made sure that Mika knows where she belongs. Beth is a girl that knows what she wants, during the whole episode she was shown as a strong woman who is capable of making her own decisions. The perfect example was scolding her employee. She actually has a name and isn't tired of makign sure everyone knows that she is a big player. 

• Do Ha clearly fell in love, his intention to make sure he loses interest in her after three months is a perfect example on how things will fail. His doc found the right words. Men go crazy over girls, more than you can ever imagine, nothing will change that. Mika took the speedway to Do Has heart, nothing he will do will undo that. 

In your first comment mentioned above, I noticed a contradiction. You say that it is normal for Beth not to treat DH like an equal because this is an arranged marriage. On the other hand, Beth refused all his proposals as she wants him to love her. In other words, her marriage should be based on love. And that's the reason why I can not really accept BSB's behaviour. If she wants a marriage for love as she loves him, then she should treat him as an equal. BUT she never does. I don't doubt that she has feelings for him but she is definitely responsible for this mess as well. Helping him in the business will never move LDH's heart for her, rather reinforce the impression that it is an arranged marriage. By always mentioning her wealth, connections and her skills, she makes LDH feel inferior which makes it difficult for LDH to see that Beth loves him. By blaming LDH or Mi Ka for the situation is not entirely correct. Since she refused all his proposals, I would even dare to say that she is not his fiance. Yet, in front of a business partner she will say it otherwise. So she treats LDH like a possession in my opinion. To conclude, when it suits her, he becomes her fiance. Now that she feels threatened, she will use the proposals as a legitimation for being LDH's fiance, whereas she actually refused him. It was her right to refuse LDH which I could understand but now she shouldn't act as if someone had stolen her fiance, as she was the one who turned him down! For me, LDH is not really tied to her.

From the start, I pointed out Beth's mistakes:

1.  First, she was overlooking one big factor: time. She thought, she had plenty of time which is not true. She doesn't possess time nor does she control it. Since Mika is able to see the clock in each individual, we are reminded that time is precious and our time on Earth is limited. The fiance has not realized it yet. Here again, she thinks that as time passes on, LDH will move on from Mi Ka. Yet, waiting makes her feel insecure therefore she tries to buy Mi Ka. 
  2. Moreover, her second mistake was timing. By waiting for his love, she was missing the right timing. She thought that as time passed, LDH would come to love her. Her thought of process is similar to "time heals wounds". In her mind, time will make him fall for her but she is wrong here too. Interesting is that LDH has a similar attitude. He also believes that at some point, he will get bored and moved on.
  3. Third, she was misjudging LDH's personality. She expected that his heart would change due to time, on the other hand she was doing nothing to move his heart. Sure, she helps him but this doesn't distinguish her from a friend. A friend would help too. She is too passive in my opinion. She should have seduced him, she should have tried to move his heart but she did nothing. Striking is that she wants LDH to sacrifice his time by going to an origami academy so that she can get her origami cranes. Her request shows that she believes, if LDH sacrifices his time for her, he will come to think of her and come to love her. Nevertheless, her request makes her look like a spoiled child, as she is seen as someone who wants to get origami cranes at any cost. Beth is not direct enough. At the beginning, she told him to think hart why she refused all his proposals. She never told him directly: "I want you to love me back". LDH proposed to her many times but she refused, yet she didn't do anything to change his heart. She is not frank and honest with him in my eyes. 
  4. Finally she is mixing up  social status and love. Since she has everything (only heiress, many friends aso), LDH can only fall for her. She is overlooking other aspects: emotional connection... A man can fall in love with a woman who has nothing. Wealth and social status have nothing to do with love, yet she thinks somehow like that. When she realized that a woman was after her man, she used money to separate MK from LDH because for her, a person coming from a lower social class can only be after social status and wealth. 
  5. After the last two episodes, her behaviour really outlines her mistakes and her wrong perception of LDH and Mi Ka. She thought, Mi Ka is after LDH because of his wealth and status, hence she tried to bribe her. Moreover, she still doesn't try to move LDH's heart. She just asks him to have an affair for a while and stop it. He should behave like a man from his social circle. BSB doesn't know how to move LDH's heart. Now, she thinks by spending time with him during the weekend will solve everything. Beth definitely lacks showing any deep feelings and emotions. We shouldn't forget that LDH was moved by Mi Ka's eyes and expression. So who is showing more genuineness and honesty in the end? Mi Ka might have not told him her reason for her strange behaviour, yet her despair and her answer (like at the end of the episode 2: "I need you") were sincere and direct!! Beth is more putting a mask all this time: the smile and the good manners on the surface (inviting the driver f. ex.), while she is hurt and upset. 

Moreover, I am also questioning the deepness of her affection for LDH. Yes, she is hurt, when she witnesses that LDH has started loving Mi Ka. She remarked that she noticed something dangerous in LDH's gaze. Why dangerous? Because she gets aware that LDH could get out of her control. But her comment "Don't have too much fun!" underlines that she has never understood why LDH has closed his heart to anyone so far. Her remark makes me think Either for her  love has something to do with entertainment or she is denying that LDH could really love Mi Ka. Her remark makes me wonder if she really knows LDH that well. Is LDH a man who is following his urges and instincts, if we take her remark into consideration? This man has never enjoyed anything in his life for a long time and the moment his heart starts beating again (a symbol for a rebirth, coming back to life), she perceives him as someone with a lack of moral or someone who is led by his feelings and instincts.    

As conclusion, I disagree with you. Beth has to change if she wants to get LDH's love. All her attempts prove to me that she hasn't realized her own mistakes. She blames LDH and Mi Ka for this but she is responsible too. She needs to approach LDH differently: being more emotional, genuine and direct!! Actually, she is now acting behind his back which underlines again her dishonesty. I am pretty sure that if she hears from LDH why Mi Ka approached him, she will doubt this explanation hence we see her at the hospital in the preview. I have the impression that she will try to find out if Mi Ka is seriously ill. Besides, I disliked how she displayed her power in front of Mi Ka (she could get any information about her!!), this was actually scary. Finally, she also lied to Mi Ka by stating that her action would make LDH waver. Her words made it look like LDH had been in love with her but he never was. So she was lying to MK trying to make her feel guilty. I can understand why Beth has to react to this situation but her methods are totally wrong. 

There is a reason why LDH accepted this marriage, he doesn't want his future wife to share the same fate than his sister-in-law, if he were to marry someone from a lower social status (which his father will never agree to). Notice that the sister-in-law is not even allowed to speak and express anything during lunch. Even her husband who loved her ends up asking his wife to close her mouth. LDH reminded his brother that he was the one who made his wife unhappy. LDB chose love over business and ended up unhappy. Now, he is eager to become the future heir. That's why he is happy, if LDH was caught being in love with a woman the father has not chosen. From my point of view, it is connected to loss. He must have loved YSD's mother. I have the impression that their father has the idea that an arranged marriage is a better way to prevent any hurt. His attempt could be that they won't experience any pain, if their spouse and partner had to die. Moreover, LDH's first love must have reinforced this belief. But if my theory is correct, then this is totally nonsense as you can not go through life unattached. This is no life at all. 

@bedifferent @USAFarmgirl @triplem @blademan

1 hour ago, triplem said:

tell me & I will collect a list . Let’s make this fun !! 

What wondered me is the fact that she never mentions any clocks from the people she's close with. She should also know the time of death from her roommate, mother, family, the grandma she visits. Maybe she can't see the clocks of people she is connected to or have a personal relationship. Maybe her ability makes her blind to see the clock of people she loves. 

Maybe because she would treat them differently if she knows when they die.  

24 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra welcome to our party.  I won’t comment yet without coffee.

Good Morning Bee, have a coffee, eat a little. I will wait for whatever you throw at me.

7 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@Dhakra & @triplem are more fun to watch than Tom & Jerry and when seeking facts they can quickly jump into any phone booth and turn into Sherlock & Holmes.  Although they aren't often on the same side, which by some miracle they seem to be right now!!:unsure:  BEWARE everything can change in a blink of an eye LOL:blink:  And that's the best part!!!:blush:

Wait? Queen Noona & me are on the same page? :scream: That's not supposed to happen. I think she just has to accept that Beth isn't the usual "evil" second lead. In fact this time it that the second lead is even nicer than the first lead.
We are only at the fourth episode, like you said, when the tone of the drama changes and Beth gets a little more depth, I'm sure I'm back at defending her actions all day.  

Oh...and I'm Tom right? I'm always Tom.

1 hour ago, chardonnay said:

PS, anyone see “Beth’s clock?

I can only hope it's running out fast get her some shoes...:phew::tongue::lol: 

TEAM MIKA!!!  giphy.gifGo Mika!  Go Mika!....

I am glad that Mika told Do Ha the truth so soon, i wonder if Do Ha really believes or understand what she said to him. I understood Mika more in this episode, i understood her confusion and desperation. She is using Do Ha like a medicine but also she is conflicted because he is also a person and her presence can affect his life too, she feels guilty but what to do? Stop "curing" yourself and die or keep "curing" yourself and affect another person's life? It's a complicated position she is in, she is obviously desperate to live longer like everybody, nobody will refuse to cure themselves and die without fighting. It's like if someone with a terminal illness that is about to die suddenly finds a cure, he is her miracle.

The situation is also complicated because they have feelings for each other and their different social status, she still can't fully understand if she likes him or not, but she sure feel something and also he said that he likes her. Everything is complicated between the two of them but they need each other. 

tumblr_p9isxypqav1vpmpmko3_r1_400.gif  tumblr_p9isxypqav1vpmpmko4_r1_400.gif

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Mika took the speedway to Do Has heart, nothing he will do will undo that. 

First, he was even moved before. If not, he wouldn't have brought her to his hotel room, when she was drunk. Then don't forget that Mi Ka saved his life!! Only after discovering the miracle, she only tried to approach him. Striking is that she tried to move his heart, yet she already had touched his heart (the rescue, her tears after getting rejected for the audition).

Striking is that Beth acted as Holly G. from Breakfast at Tiffany, when LDH proposed to her. She didn't appear as herself. Hooly G. symbolizes free spirit, someone who sees marriage as a cage hence she refuses marriage. Therfore her choice for this character gives the impression that she is not really into this marriage.  

@bebebisous33Yeah, really long time no see. I will have to cut your post to answer properly, excuse me if it gets a little messy. 

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In your first comment mentioned above, I noticed a contradiction. You say that it is normal for Beth not to treat DH like an equal because this is an arranged marriage. On the other hand, Beth refused all his proposals as she wants him to love her. In other words, her marriage should be based on love. And that's the reason why I can not really accept BSB's behaviour. If she wants a marriage for love as she loves him, then she should treat him as an equal. BUT she never does. I don't doubt that she has feelings for him but she is definitely responsible for this mess as well. Helping him in the business will never move LDH's heart for her, rather reinforce the impression that it is an arranged marriage. By always mentioning her wealth, connections and her skills, she makes LDH feel inferior which makes it difficult for LDH to see that Beth loves him. By blaming LDH or Mi Ka for the situation is not entirely correct. Since she refused all his proposals, I would even dare to say that she is not his fiance. Yet, in front of a business partner she will say it otherwise. So she treats LDH like a possession in my opinion. To conclude, when it suits her, he becomes her fiance. Now that she feels threatened, she will use the proposals as a legitimation for being LDH's fiance, whereas she actually refused him. It was her right to refuse LDH which I could understand but now she shouldn't act as if someone had stolen her fiance, as she was the one who turned him down! For me, LDH is not really tied to her.

But why does she have to treat him as equals when it's only a one-sided love? If only she has a crush on him, why does she need to treat him as equals? She always gives him tasks so he can show that he actually deserves to be treated as an equal, for example the cranes. Like she said, it wasn't about the cranes, it was about him spending brainpower or actually do something FOR her. 

I'm sure she didn't want the marriage aswell, but she begin to like or even love him during the process. 

Like I said in my post, she treats the arranged marriage as exactly that as long as she has the feeling that Do Ha thinks that their engagement is purely about business. And as long as that's the case, she plays her role as one part of the contract. In which she has the upper hand. she has the better cards. Only when Do Ha showcases her that she actually cares about her, not about status or her name, then she will change and treat him as equals.

Her collecting the rings is purely to showcase him that he still didn't get what she is looking for. 

Yes, she reminds him that she has the better cards and why not? Beth reminds him that HE needs her, not the other way around and she doesn't do that because she wants him to feel inferior, she does it so he learns that this arranged marriage isn't a business. Beth doesn't want it to be based on business. She wants his love but without giving up her power, because she doesn't need to. She doesn't need to show weakness so he begins to love her. 

I don't think she treats DH like she possesses him, he has all his freedom, at one point she also mentions that he can do whatever he wants, as long as it doesn't get messy. She only shows that she is of value, she always let him do the talking. 

But somebody stole her fiancee. 

All she did was making sure their engagement and marriage isn't based on a piece of paper. That there is actually love involved. That they spent their lifes as people that love each other, not bound by some agreement made by their parents. So she didn't accept it because all he did was the usual procedure to get things rollin and make daddy happy. But that's not what SHE wants. Like I said, the whole family is looking for HER joining the family, not the other way around. And as long her dad isn't pushing, she can make sure that she gets what she wants. Which is her right.

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

First, she was overlooking one big factor: time. She thought, she had plenty of time which is not true.

But can you blame her for it? Let's pretend you weren't married, would you hurry just to make sure nobody "steals" your husband? Do you have in mind that somebody comes along and grabs your fiancee? Some people are engaged for YEARS, some even never marry. 
I wouldn't call it a mistake, I would rather say it's a disbelief. 

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Moreover, her second mistake was timing. By waiting for his love, she was missing the right timing. She thought that as time passed, LDH would come to love her. Her thought of process is similar to "time heals wounds". In her mind, time will make him fall for her but she is wrong here too. Interesting is that LDH has a similar attitude. He also believes that at some point, he will get bored and moved on.

Again, it is her right to do so. Shall she marry him and then try during the marriage? Just quickly marry him so nobody can steal him so fast and then work or hope that one day he wakes up, looks at her and thinks "Well....I don't know if it were the beans yesterday....but for some reason I think I start loving her today......after the breakfast". 

She only wanted to make sure that the marriage begins with the right mindset. Even Beth wants to be happy.

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

She should have seduced him, she should have tried to move his heart but she did nothing

But seducing isn't genuine. It's like Mika attempt during the first episode. It's cheap and doesn't do anything. Yeah, maybe he will feel flustered, but love? No. And she doesn't need to seduce him, she wants honest love. 

32 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Finally she is mixing up  social status and love.

Well I give you that.

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

After the last two episodes, her behaviour really outlines her mistakes and her wrong perception of LDH and Mi Ka. She thought, Mi Ka is after LDH because of his wealth and status, hence she tried to bribe her.

No, she only works with the information she has. Look at it from her perspective. She doesn't have our informations, she only can guess or research a little. She looks at sheets and tries to solve it like it's some kind of riddle. That's probably her mistake, but her actions are only based on her belief. Which is quite similar to what Do Ha had in mind aswell. 

37 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So who is showing more genuineness and honesty in the end?

Beth.

Beth is jealous, and everyone knows jealous girls are nothing to joke with. They are more dangerous than anything. She's desperate and tries to fix things. She has an honest intentions and that is what counts. Yes her actions may not be clear, but in the end she makes the best out of it. She could also just marry him and treat him like a toy, ordering him around. But she does not.

Mika is only honest because she doesn't see another way out of this. She realized that her toxic intentions have more weight than she expected.  And due to this she goes the only way she didn't try yet, honesty. 

And if it weren't for that incident, she would have never thought if trying it. 

41 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

As conclusion, I disagree with you

Ah no problem, disagreeing with me is kind of a sport. :D 

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Beth has to change if she wants to get LDH's love. All her attempts prove to me that she hasn't realized her own mistakes. She blames LDH and Mi Ka for this but she is responsible too. She needs to approach LDH differently: being more emotional, genuine and direct!! Actually, she is now acting behind his back which underlines again her dishonesty. I am pretty sure that if she hears from LDH why Mi Ka approached him, she will doubt this explanation hence we see her at the hospital in the preview. I have the impression that she will try to find out if Mi Ka is seriously ill. Besides, I disliked how she displayed her power in front of Mi Ka (she could get any information about her!!), this was actually scary. Finally, she also lied to Mi Ka by stating that her action would make LDH waver. Her words made it look like LDH had been in love with her but he never was. So she was lying to MK trying to make her feel guilty. I can understand why Beth has to react to this situation but her methods are totally wrong.

No, not at all. In fact neither of them have to change. Their marriage isn't just meant to be, she can't force him to have feelings and he can't force her to change so he can love her. The only difference is that DH accepted the fact that they don't love each other and have an arranged marriage based on a piece of paper.

Beth on the other hand tries at least to make the best out of the situation, life gave her a lemon (Do Ha) and she tries so make juice out of it. But that pesky lemon desperately refuses to. She hasn't to change her behavior to make it easier for him. That's not how love works. If you have to change yourself to make somebody love you, then step away while you can. 

She could also do nothing and accept it the way it is, but then Do Ha would have an even more miserable life. Do Ha depends on her, not the other way around. 

Do Ha acts behind Beth all the time, especially with Mika. 

Beth methods are necessary and I see why people don't like it, but it is a language that everyone understands. When the Lion roars, the jungle has to be quiet. She just showed her claws. I know @triplemwill roll with her eyes, because we had that topic in the past, but I think it's kinda sexy.

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

There is a reason why LDH accepted this marriage, he doesn't want his future wife to share the same fate than his sister-in-law, if he were to marry someone from a lower social status (which his father will never agree to). Notice that the sister-in-law is not even allowed to speak and express anything during lunch. Even her husband who loved her ends up asking his wife to close her mouth. LDH reminded his brother that he was the one who made his wife unhappy. LDB chose love over business and ended up unhappy. Now, he is eager to become the future heir. That's why he is happy, if LDH was caught being in love with a woman the father has not chosen. From my point of view, it is connected to loss. He must have loved YSD's mother. I have the impression that their father has the idea that an arranged marriage is a better way to prevent any hurt. His attempt could be that they won't experience any pain, if their spouse and partner had to die. Moreover, LDH's first love must have reinforced this belief. But if my theory is correct, then this is totally nonsense as you can not go through life unattached. This is no life at all. 

Well thats another topic. I don't think Do Ha's brother married due to love. It seemed more like it was a necessary step to cover up something or prevent an affair. In which he also lost the fathers respect. Maybe it was just a one night stand which was getting public and to avoid any trouble they told the people that she was his fiancee. 

@Dhakra who is more genuine and honest?

Beth.

Beth is jealous, and everyone knows jealous girls are nothing to joke with. T

This was your reply. Then let me ask you this : to whom is she honest? To MiKa, not at first. She acts as the nice fiance... Then does she show her jealousy in front of LDH? Not really, she tries to deny any deep commitment from LDH towards MK. Later, she bought the things for MK which she hid from LDH. To me, she is not direct and honest with LDH. If she was honest with LDH, she shouldn't have pretended to be drunk and go to the restroom... she could have told him how she felt. She only reminded where LDH came from. She never speaks about her feelings.

You take her words as face value: "You can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't get messy" But her words sound as if she was giving him the authorization to have the affair for a while. So she keeps acting as if she is the owner of LDH.      

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Dhakra who is more genuine and honest?

This was your reply. Then let me ask you this : to whom is she honest? To MiKa, not at first. She acts as the nice fiance... Then does she show her jealousy in front of LDH? Not really, she tries to deny any deep commitment from LDH towards MK. Later, she bought the things for MK which she hid from LDH. To me, she is not direct and honest with LDH. If she was honest with LDH, she shouldn't have pretended to be drunk and go to the restroom... she could have told him how she felt. She only reminded where LDH came from. She never speaks about her feelings.

You take her words as face value: "You can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't get messy" But her words sound as if she was giving him the authorization to have the affair for a while. So she keeps acting as if she is the owner of LDH.      

Yeah, isn't jealousy the most honest form of love? Probably in some cases the ugliest aswell.

To herself, to the situation she currently is living in. She doesn't need to be honest to Mika, neither Mika nor DH are honest to her aswell. And why would she need to be honest to a girl who is miles away from being honest in the first place. 

Beth acts as the fiancee who wants to get a little more out of an arranged marriage than just a mere business advantage. Which girl shows her jealousy in front of a guy she knows doesn't love her anyway? Why shall she show feelings when he doesn't even care to make a proper proposal?

What reason would be adequate for her to invest into something, when he shows again and again that he has no interest. DH isn't honest aswell, she only pays him like he treats her. LDH could also have acted differently in the restaurant, why does she need to be honest to him when he clearly isn't honest to her either?

No, she doesn't act like she owns him, she acts like she knows that keeping him at a tight leash won't do anything. If she would have done something to prevent him seeing/meeting/recruting her, we would have the same conversation, but you would say that she controls him by interfering or forbidding.

I have already shared my mind about BETH in more than one way! LOL:lol:  Yet on a more serious note it's her calculated coldness and all business attitude not only about love but about relationships. That bothers me the most not to mention the way in which she looks down on Mika!  No one has the right to make anyone else no matter the reasons feel as if they are less.

The truth is  you can't buy love at least not the REAL kind and your can't force it or take it as if it's a possession to be owned.  The heart doesn't work like that and I don't believe she loves DH for if she did her actions would have been different from the start...

She knows how DH feels about his Father and Brother who are full of themselves and power and greed...  Yet BETH doesn't take DH's feelings or for that matter his concerns into consideration at all.  She sucks up to the both of them every chance she gets and it's like a pig in mud she is enjoying wallowing in their words of praise.  She says all the right things that much is true but it's her heart that I don't believe or trust and when it's so full of herself how can she fit DH in there too...

When the man she says she loves is broken and yes even damaged and still carries within him painful memories and fears.   He doesn't love her and she knows it but believes she can change him.  Why not accompany him to his sessions even if it's waiting outside the door you see to me that's love.  It's not about forceful change in proposal after proposal like some kind of silly game. Like pulling a bull by the ring of his nose.   It's about caring for him and understanding where he is not where she wants him to be...

Why Mika?  Because she isn't perfect but she is full of warmth and consideration and can truly see DH where he is and even with his flaws she confessed and even more she realized that her life wasn't more important than another's.  Warning DH to run away from her before he gets killed.  Once her only thought was living yet through him she realized putting him in harms way is even worse than losing time or her own life. I guess that's love to me...

Truth is she had me at the piano...  But she had DH sooner than that...

Spoiler

List updated

Ok let’s collect all the reasons why we can’t see Do Ha’s clock ...

1. Variations of similar point -

2. He’s on borrowed time because of his near death experience ( @blademan

3. It’s on his neck ( @RobinM)

4. They share the same life span & will die together ( me just wanting to throw in a makjang trope ) :lol:

5. It's on his bottom till proven otherwise :lol: ( @ladyid )

6 Can't see the clocks of the people she loves / it will be hard on her  ( @Dhakra)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Wait? Queen Noona & me are on the same page? :scream: That's not supposed to happen. I think she just has to accept that Beth isn't the usual "evil" second lead. In fact this time it that the second lead is even nicer than the first lead.
We are only at the fourth episode, like you said, when the tone of the drama changes and Beth gets a little more depth, I'm sure I'm back at defending her actions all day.  

Oh...and I'm Tom right? I'm always Tom.

Something cannot be a fact when it is subject to interpretation.  Even if I understand Beth and can see why she reacts the way she does, it does not make her nicer than Mika. It's too early to label her ( Beth ) as evil...but she's getting there soon. But for tonight I'll stop here as I am particularly enjoying your  discourse  with @bebebisous33 . 

Oh you can definitely be Tom. You do realise that Jerry outsmarts Tom on many occasions right ? :tongue::wink:

34 minutes ago, triplem said:

Something cannot be a fact when it is subject to interpretation.  Even if I understand Beth and can see why she reacts the way she does, it does not make her nicer than Mika. It's too early to label her ( Beth ) as evil...but she's getting there soon. But for tonight I'll stop here as I am particularly enjoying your  discourse  with @bebebisous33 . 

My interpretations are more or less facts with a few flaws here and there.

Oh, she will TOTALLY go mad or evil at one point. And then all of you will rend her into shreds because of her actions. Because then she will do some dirty tricks and even abuse her power. And then everyone will forget that Mika also did some cheap tricks during the start and Beth will be hated. Oh glorious times are ahead of me it seems. I will need all of my experience in SLS defending.

It will be like old times during Liar, where she just handles out of desperation and based on what life has served her. Shall she back down while doing nothing? Shall she just accept, shrug her shoulders and back down saying "C'est la vie"? 

34 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh you can definitely be Tom. You do realise that Jerry outsmarts Tom on many occasions right ? :tongue::wink:

Exactly because of this I said I'm always Tom. :D  Trying to win fights even though all odds are against him. Running towards a wall hotheaded and never backing down.

3 hours ago, bella1025 said:

Hi everyone! :)

Just. No dying, drama. Please. A Poem A Day left me with a very giddy and heartwarming ending so I don't wish to ruin that streak. 

Hi, no worries.  We offer group hugs.

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Yeah, a clock on his hiney makes for a very different kind of drama  :huh:. Mainstream Korean dramas haven’t gotten to the point where they show barebutts. Maybe in 20 years :wink: 

2 hours ago, ladyid said:

I will believe his clock is on his bottom until proven otherwise. -_-

You two are looking for the wrong PG-15 show.  Since we are threadmates, I will join you to look. By the way, it's not here. I double checked with @USAFarmgirl.

Spoiler

f9998116-c7de-4d36-bd72-56ed41d00ec5.jpg

2 hours ago, chardonnay said:

PS, anyone see “Beth’s clock?

and @Dhakra good point.  Mika hasn't seen clock on anyone she cares for which makes me think she may not see DH's clock till it's the right time by the writer.  We may get to see it before her.  If is, it puts a twist into their relationship as they live only on her timeline. For her.

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Dhakra #TeamJerry. :D . I'm allergic to cats.

@sin hoonsim the camera angle at end of E4 was scary at showing how lean LSY is.  He looks fine on Vlive and at the swimming pool tho I hope he bulks up later on after the drama ends.  I like the song at the end of E4, by Pentagon?  looking forward to that OST.

13 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

and @Dhakra good point.  Mika hasn't seen clock on anyone she cares for which makes me think she may not see DH's clock till it's the right time by the writer.  We may get to see it before her.  If is, it puts a twist into their relationship as they live only on her timeline. For her.

Well we don't know if she hasn't seen them or not, all we know is that she hasn't talked about the clocks from the people she's close with yet. Maybe she does know, but her family & friends said they don't wanna know. We also don't know if her family knows about her "talent". But due to this I still think she cannot see clocks from people she's related with or love.

16 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra #TeamJerry. :D . I'm allergic to cats.

Awww :( You were my favourite doc and now you betray #TeamTom. My cat "Diva" also heavily disapproves. 

Archived