[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Go to say girl got skills she broke him in 3 episodes haha record time.

Fastest love confession have ever seen! :o 

Episode 3 was very good! Can we expect a kiss tonight? :heart:

56 minutes ago, chibimidori said:

i love the drama so far.. yet if i'm allowed to request something, i would ask the stylists or costume designer (or anyone entitled in changing the wardrobe) to change lee do ha style.. i find his hair and style is a bit to "ahjushi" part.. does anyone think the same? or perhaps this is just my thought?

agreed.. i think, her time increases when they have mutual feelings.. but i would say do ha is more to "attracted" to mika then mika reciprocate the "attraction"... they are not yet into "loving"...

Really? let's watch again random clip episode 3 of Do Ha...

20 minutes ago, Libera said:

I was about to post it :D There will be an actual kiss scene? I hope so. He looks so sweet and caring, so different from the angry confession that he made in episode 3. I wonder if Mika will tell him that he doesn't like him before of after this? 

So happy that we might have an actual kiss scene soon but also worried because if they are going so fast now what will happen next? :unsure:

It's about time...DH's fulfill his duty as a charger to Mika, if possible tonight LOL

btw, you may be right, if the stabbing scene of DH saving Mika is at the end of episode 4? Then we have no choice but to wait for another 7 days for 'hospital kiss' 

we share same worries...not phase being too fast, but Myeongdong's night market street shootings...I have the impression that DH & Mika do not know each other?

Fantasy , Romance & Melodrama!

can we drop 'melo' please? PD nim

Edited:

Soompi: (tonight?)

About Time” has hinted at more romance in the upcoming episode!

Newly released stills show Choi Michaela (Lee Sung Kyung) and Lee Do Ha (Lee Sang Yoon) at the garden in front of MK Hospital.

In the images, the two open up about their feelings through an honest conversation. The following images show them getting closer to each other, and Lee Sang Yoon is seen leaning in for a kiss as Lee Sung Kyung tears up.The production team described this scene of the fourth episode as being an important turning point of their romance and commented, “Please look forward to it and tune in.”

The fourth episode of “About Time” will air on May 29 at 9:30 p.m. KST

#LeeSungKyung And #LeeSangYoon Exchange A Romantic Moment In "#AboutTime" 
soompi.com/2018/05/28/lee…

Just now, sin hoonsim said:

It's about time...DH's fulfill his duty as a charger to Mika, if possible tonight LOL

btw, you may be right, if the stabbing scene of DH saving Mika is at the end of episode 4? Then we have no choice but to wait for another 7 days for 'hospital kiss' 

we share same worries...not phase being too fast, but Myeongdong's night market street shootings...I have the impression that DH & Mika do not know each other?

Yes, from the video from Myeongdong filming they definitely don't know each other, also Mika friend seems to not recognize Do Ha. So i wonder if that is their first real meeting or the Mika and Do Ha that we see now will die and they will show another life of them? 

That's confusing but i think there might be some time travel.

They are so sweet :wub:

They will have an honest conversation, i wonder if Mika will tell him everything.

Lee Sung Kyung And Lee Sang Yoon Exchange A Romantic Moment In “About Time”

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon-2.jpg

About Time” has hinted at more romance in the upcoming episode!

See Also: 3 Things To Look Forward To In The Upcoming Episodes Of "About Time"

Newly released stills show Choi Michaela (Lee Sung Kyung) and Lee Do Ha (Lee Sang Yoon) at the garden in front of MK Hospital.

In the images, the two open up about their feelings through an honest conversation.

Spoiler

Lee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon4.jpg

The following images show them getting closer to each other, and Lee Sang Yoon is seen leaning in for a kiss as Lee Sung Kyung tears up.Lee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon-11.jpgLee-Sung-Kyung-Lee-Sang-Yoon-3.jpgThe production team described this scene of the fourth episode as being an important turning point of their romance and commented, “Please look forward to it and tune in.”

The fourth episode of “About Time” will air on May 29 at 9:30 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/28/lee-sung-kyung-lee-sang-yoon-exchange-romantic-moment-time/

13 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

hi :) im watching ep2 at the moment!! first saw lee sung kyung in Doctors and totally love her in Kim Bok Joo hahaha :wub: haha one of the 3 thugs was from that drama too :D

and.. who is this director cho? he looks like.. han ga in :blink: or did i watch too many dramas lately..

He is Dongjun of boygroup ZE:A (fellow of Im Siwan and Park Hyungsik), many consider him as Han Gain male counterpart although they aren't relative.

18 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Ummmzzzz, steamy scene? is this ok? :D

@triplem remembers this?

of course...that was one heck of a kiss...ahahahah....it was also the only kiss if I recall correctly. But I really loved LSY's depiction of Seo Do Woo. It's really hard not to fall for someone like that. 

I just completed the episode, and I found myself squealing and smiling from ear to ear. All those stolen glances. Our girl , so happy that she's got a chance to live longer, and him just completely falling head over heels in love for her.  Love is a strong word (perhaps like is more appropriate) but the fact that he has been doing things that are very uncharacteristic of him , says alot . Beth knows it. His manager knows it. His psychiatrist knows it. And more importantly he realises it too.  

And @bebebisous33 looks like Beth's true colours got revealed more today. She is trying to "buy" Do ha's love. She felt insecure immediately when she saw Mika because it is not normal for Do ha to hire a driver ( a female one ) like Mika. She's surprised that Mika has no complaints about Do Ha.  

And ooo @bedifferent  biscuit kiss ( well the almost kiss was really heart fluttering) 

So what I am getting is that her life clock increases not because of touch but it's because of the feelings that he ignites in her. Somewhat a chemical reaction . Oxytocin ?? Dopamine?? ahahahaha.... 

@zba72Now that I have watched with subs, i will revert back to my original interpretation. He was angry due to her lack of self worth. He felt that Beth was being rude and in her supposed generosity , was actually looking down at Mika. It ignited so much emotions in him because he is feeling protective over the girl he likes. What do you think?

@sin hoonsim @Libera That's the worrying thing. The speed at which things are moving definitely means some melo ahead. But heck, I'll take it if there's continued growth for both characters and OTP remains the end game.

I just watched episode 3 and I'm really glad that I continue to enjoy it. :D

I do have to admit that I didn't like the confession at the end - or more specifically I thought the confession was fine (and DH telling CM he liked her was quite swoony :wub:) but I didn't like how they played romantic music while he basically tells her to run away or he will have his way with her until he gets tired of her, because that part wasn't romantic at all.

I got the feeling that Mika gets more time when she is moved by/attracted to Doha. That said I hope she doesn't fall for him until he becomes more sincere with his feelings.

During this episode I felt like I understood DH's emotions while I connected less with Mika, while in the previous episodes it was the other way around. Did anyone else feel the same way? 

I love that the episode had a lot of funny moments to compensate for the more serious issues going on. I found the part when Beth opened the pink box hilarious, same for when Mika chewed out the director and many other moments.

25 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

Let me know how is it ?? I will watch after I reach home.

I loved it . I posted my thoughts above.

I think viewing lense for dramas like this is very important. It’s got a fantasy element to consider & so it won’t follow the usual formulas that romantic k dramas employ . Although romance is the core, her ability to see lifespans has become a catalyst for change to both their lives. 

A kiss ALREADY??!!! That just means there's gonna be so much angst in the future episodes :(:(:(

10 hours ago, bedifferent said:

What do you think about the new painting that he purchased, of the pastel, flowery girl portrait?  Reminds him of Mika.  The watercolor palette is used in the drama intro.

LOL he fell for the painting because it looked like her :wub: 

I think the '3 months' point is something to look out for. It was emphasised too much in this episode. And note that she has 90+ days left...that's 3 months!! 

One thing that botherd me about episode 3 is that Mika in episode 2 was desperate enough to ask to Do Ha to date and that he could just use her and get rid of her whenever he wanted but in episode 3 when Do Ha said that he will use her and get rid of her when he get bored she looks shocked, it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe now that she knows that he likes her she is afraid to hurt his feelings for this she will back off?

We still haven't seen her answer to him so maybe i am wrong, i will wait to hear what she will reply to his "offer". Will she run away? If she does, she will die in 91 days but even if she stays she can't stay day and night with him so how much time she can actually gain working for him? Is it enough to swallow her pride and continue to be mistreated?

7 hours ago, bedifferent said:

I’m tempted to call in another guy to watch @Dhakra :D

You have summoned me? :lol: What is this drama about. Lemme check.

6 hours ago, triplem said:

@DhakraMay not like the male lead’s behaviour...kkkkk

:blink:Okay, okay, what did he do. This sounds like I will most likely go on a rampage again. Did he act like a jerk? OH, he cheated on someone right? Okay, okay...Since there are only a few episodes out right now, I'm going to start watching it. 

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

LOL I know.  I don’t tag him often but I want to see his comments. :D

^_^ Thank you.

maxresdefault.jpgp1.pngeng-sub-about-time-ep-4-preview.jpg

About Time gives whole new meaning to eating crackers.   Who would have dreamed it?

An amazing writer who knew, I would still be thinking about it...:wub:

Howdy to my chingus :heart: @Dhakra @LSGLMH_88 so thankful you joined us here!!!  Grab a cracker and enjoy the show!!!

8 hours ago, triplem said:

@DhakraMay not like the male lead’s behaviour...kkkkk

So based on the first episode. You are totally right. :D What a jerk. She's crying right in front of him, he sees her having a hard time and he doesn't even think about comforting her. Dude, totally not cool. 

And on top, he does the Jae-Yi and let's her walk away. Ahhh~ 

The vlive was cute, they seemed to get along well! :)

I don't know much korean but here are some things I think they talked about:

Sungkyung and Sungyeon was asked about their chemistry. SY said it was good and SK gave it 100 points. 

Someone asked about SY's loveline and they teased it saying it might be this week or next week.

SK was asked something about her singing.

When asked what to look forward to tonight, Dongjun joked that it was something about his own character.

Additionally they all were asked to do aegyo, SY did well, DJ and LSY were a bit embarrassed, SK threw a kiss and then apologised because it was bad. 

They ended with a poem where each sentence had to start with the syllables in the drama's title. 

Archived