[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

Despite some folks liking that spoilt wench Bae, here are the reasons why I don't like her (or most of the recent chaebol females featured on Korean dramas for that matter ...)

- Need I say ENTITLED? Like how many times do I need to say that? So, I have to like you because most folks grovel around you like that idiot secretary of the fiance? Why should I open that silly door for you or be more polite to you than the person next to me? Oh, because everyone around you does that makes it OK?

- Insulting and condescending. Yes - you are so nice and ‘down to earth’ by buying an expensive  dinner and over-tipping me with that thousand dollar bill which is supposed to impress me? Am I supposed to be grateful for your generosity? Even her own fiance realizes she is such a consummate snob.

- SNOBery is the only authenticity she has displayed thus far. Yes - I have the money to buy and influence anything around me to get what I want regardless. Oh, as if kneeling down to change shoes for LSK is humility to get the man I am supposed to marry, then so be it; what a clueless twit. Treating another human being as an equal regardless of finances and social position is BEYOND her comprehension – that is why she bought all those expensive items for LSK because in her mind, people with less money can be bought and have no class nor dignity. I have lost count of the number of times she has clearly flexed her money and social status. If she was TRULY talented – she can compete fairly with LSK without using any of her wealth or social status.

- Total lack of compassion. I have yet to witness that this individual can see anything other than herself and her self-interests. 

- Pretentiousness: Puh-L-E-A-S-E..... there is nothing genuine about this person. Her designer shoe is probably more genuine than her.

Time for some frappe…. Hahahahha.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tvN twitter update. :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Mysteries About The Countdown Clocks On “About Time” That Are Keeping Us Guessing

About-Time-21.jpg

tvN’s new drama “About Time” continues to pique viewers’ curiosity!

The drama’s protagonist, Choi Michaela (played by Lee Sung Kyung), has a supernatural ability that enables her to see the life expectancies of those around her, including her own. The life expectancies take the form of countdown clocks on people’s bodies, and Choi Michaela’s countdown clock indicates that she has only a few months left to live.

However, after Choi Michaela meets Lee Do Ha (played by Lee Sang Yoon), she realizes that the countdown to her death mysteriously pauses whenever she is around him.

Read full article: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/31/3-mysteries-countdown-clocks-time-keeping-us-guessing/

Guys, let’s give this actor some love :heart: for being a good sport, helping us out late.  He started filming 12 hrs after receiving the offer.  We are going to hear him sing a little later too. Kim Dong Jun has a couple of musicals under his belt.

The story is intriguing. The chemistry between the lead actors is slowly building up although you it can already be noted somewhere in ep 1. But what makes me go on watching is how they’re depicting the meaning of the phrase, “i can’t live without you”. 

I noticed something interesting from the video that some fans shared few days ago and the long preview.

In the video shared by fans while they were filming in Myeongdong Street Mi Ka and Do Ha don't know each other while in the long preview we see Mi Ka wearing this same clothes crying desperately trying to erase her countdown that is probably almost over. 

So it might be that this is a previous life of Mi Ka and Do Ha that ended tragically or this is their next life and the life that we are seeing now will end tragically. Maybe they will even show more than one life of these two and they are always connected. Their souls are connected to each other in whatever timeline, parallel universe they are in. It would also explain why the story seems to go fast in these 4 episodes.

If Mi Ka will really die i will like that they will show the aftermath and how the people that loves her will be affected by it.

fa0be2j.gif

@LiberaThat would be interesting.

I think they probably do know each other in the Myungdong video but they're distracted and don't notice each other at first. We can't see LSY's expression after he turns and the video cuts off before we can see more. 

7 minutes ago, ladyid said:

@LiberaThat would be interesting.

I think they probably do know each other in the Myungdong video but they're distracted and don't notice each other at first. We can't see LSY's expression after he turns and the video cuts off before we can see more. 

It seems that also Mi Ka and her bestfriend don't know him, we will see what happen, i think we won't wait too long.

At the end of this video there is a longer preview for episode 5

Things will get ugly for Do Ha and Mi Ka it seems

5 hours ago, Libera said:

I noticed something interesting from the video that some fans shared few days ago and the long preview.

In the video shared by fans while they were filming in Myeongdong Street Mi Ka and Do Ha don't know each other while in the long preview we see Mi Ka wearing this same clothes crying desperately trying to erase her countdown that is probably almost over. 

So it might be that this is a previous life of Mi Ka and Do Ha that ended tragically or this is their next life and the life that we are seeing now will end tragically. Maybe they will even show more than one life of these two and they are always connected. Their souls are connected to each other in whatever timeline, parallel universe they are in. It would also explain why the story seems to go fast in these 4 episodes.

If Mi Ka will really die i will like that they will show the aftermath and how the people that loves her will be affected by it.

Yes, that possibility came up when I see that they mentioned the musical to be produced is a remake of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

The story shows Benjamin meeting Daisy multiple times in different timelines.  Each time when he is at a different age.  They have a different relationship at each time.  When he was 80, she was a child.  When she was 80, he was a dying infant.  They love and have a child when both met at similar age.  The idea is that love transcend time and true love will always find each other.  Love will happen at the right time.

I think this maybe the direction the show may take.  

@Libera  thanks for the long preview.  DH needs a new stylist! 

@sin hoonsim  He’s wearing a curtain LOL.  Last episode, Beth wore valences :)  Obsession with window dressings much?

82E7810F-A0D9-498E-82BB-A8796A732251

More close up of killer shoes (gorgeous!!!) in preview. Cinderella theme is running strong here.

The shoes exchange was pretty savage of Beth.  This woman is smart and all kinds of scary... lol  I guess it is classier than the hair pulling fight in dramas lol  Implying Mika will never belong.  Daring her to take her own shoes and man.  Yikes!

775A013B-3CD4-4BCA-87DF-0A7AB4B8282F

5E7F769E-0473-45E2-BAA9-07EAFF5AC2D5

13 hours ago, mundane9 said:

SNOBery is the only authenticity she has displayed thus far. Yes - I have the money to buy and influence anything around me to get what I want regardless. Oh, as if kneeling down to change shoes for LSK is humility to get the man I am supposed to marry, then so be it; what a clueless twit. Treating another human being as an equal regardless of finances and social position is BEYOND her comprehension – that is why she bought all those expensive items for LSK because in her mind, people with less money can be bought and have no class nor dignity. I have lost count of the number of times she has clearly flexed her money and social status. If she was TRULY talented – she can compete fairly with LSK without using any of her wealth or social status.

You nailed it, my sentiments exactly. Regardless of the doors marriage would open for him and the future success of his ventures, if DH is crazy enough to marry BSB his life would become a living __LL.  BSB  would rub everything she did for him in his face (if it was not for me...) and expect DH to cater to her every whim.    Since we know that DH and SB do not love each other and it is only a marriage/business deal; why should Michaela back off?  

@rocher22 yes, push and pull is romantic while you are dating.  This.  Those are essential in marriage.  Honesty and saying sorry.  E4 tells us more about their compatibility.

@Carmarie K, so the thing is.  DH is an alpha male in disguise.  His anxiety forces him to internalize a lot of his true feelings.  The patriarchal chaebol family stiffens him too, dinner is unbearable.  He hates going there more than work, his brother can feel it.  He needs to speak up.

If I am his GF, I would help him with his confidence.  The deal was his, let him do the boardroom talk.  Don’t mother or baby him.  Beth’s way of helping him is too pushy, like a mom helicopter-ing over her baby.  Don’t take the spotlight either. Don’t control him.  That’s not love.  Help him grow and give him his space.

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I like how Mika and DH managed to talk things through.

He apologize, and she said the truth.

I was also happy to see them talk.  I was hoping that the writer did not let DH find out from another source before Mika had an opportunity to tell him.  Now he can make whatever decisions with full knowledge of the situation.  From the last shot of episode 4, we can see, at least, his preliminary decision.  

Can someone help me with this logic?  If I was dating someone with the intent of marriage, I would NEVER, approach the other woman, I would talk to my boyfriend/ fiance about my concerns and his behavior.  Why talk to the potential other woman?  Is wealth and power supposed to scare the other woman away?   "I am wealthy; and here is some money or presents to leave him", what an insult.   If someone came to me to back up off of their man, first I would feel embolden, and secondly, I tell him what his girlfriend/fiancee said to me and find out, from him, if he feels I should walk away (what are his intentions).   However, I would not run away because I asked or threaten.  I would not just disappear because someone offered me money.  I am always puzzled by this story-line. 

On 29.5.2018 at 5:15 PM, bedifferent said:
On 29.5.2018 at 3:51 PM, triplem said:

Notice something interesting, the stabber’s life span changed . Was it because of what Do Ha said ? 

@blademan Maybe it’s also because of the love you receive from others.  The man feels he is a failure to his family, not realizing how much they love him.  It increased by years.

Kiss.  I agree, close up and more passion. :lol:  More smiles too.

Maybe Mika cannot change someone's life span directly; however, maybe each person can change their own life span based on their choices.  I am sure the words helped him to realize how important his family is to him.  However, once he made the choice not to kill himself, his life span went back to normal.  For example you always do an activity the same time every day; however, one day you deviated from your routine and because you did, you avoided tragedy...that deviation, that action changed your life span. 

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@Dhakra i forgot what I was supposed to reply, LOL.

Question: Do you think DH is a cat or a dog person? Why? :D

Aigoo...and I wait for your response. So disappointing. :D 

Mhm....I think currently he is a cat person, doesn't care much about anything, doesn't have the energy to manage a dog and in general he doesn't seem to enjoy the attention of others. But I guess once love kicks in he turns into a dog person.

Archived