[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

Just for curiousity now which company actually has the legal rights for this drama?

I went back to the main site where the streaming sites gets their subs from. There is still no English subs.

There is one site which I shall not name. But the ep 1 subs looks like machine translated subs from the Chinese subs. I haven't seen these sort of subs in years. But if I am right that sub released on the internet are not their QC released version.

Wow things must be desperate if we have that level of fan subbing as our only version. I don't read Chinese but understand spoken Chinese and I have seen how the Chinese subs ( which are always good since the Baidu subbers are fluent in Korean and so fast ) doesn't translate or machine translate into weird sentences in English.

Thank you for all the translations on this thread. I was waiting for 4 episodes. And it looks good. So I am going to watch all 4 then come back to read the translations.

Thank goodness it is not a 50 episode drama. Otherwise all of us would die with no sub access.

This stupid company which brought the rights is mean. I feel like asking that whoever subscribes to them complain that their licensing tactics is just mean. In this day and age. Does the business team person negotiating it NOT watch a Kdrama? Is there a marketing point in delaying subs release? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, let's do this.

Join Team Yeppeuda fansub

- translators

- native translator

- timers

- QCs

- project head

The team dissolves when official subs are out. PM me if interested.

I'll assemble the team but I will be available only for part-time QCing. 

@jeijei thanks for taking on organising everyone. Good luck. I am sorry I can't help. Working almost full time and 2 kids under 5 leaves me no time to help these days. 

You're only going to give fans the srt? Because otherwise they are pretty strict on taking down accounts. Says moi who had 2 YT accounts down. Plus have some TW videos online still for back in the days when they needed video links for viki dramas.

All the best. I was almost going to ask my friend to segment the episodes for me just so I could input the translations then watch it privately on my computer. But even that takes time to do which I don't have.

I am just watching it raw. Sigh. Reminds me of the desperate days several years ago during the Sungkyunkwan scandal drama times. 

Guest Bissu
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Bissu The only thing that gets sacrificed is the order of the clips, but the benefit is that the translations are being posted faster. :) If it's of benefit to anyone for me to translate the clips in order, I can definitely continue to do so. Or were you saying that you think I should continue to translate the clips in order?

Yeah, re-reading my post I can see why it's unclear. 

Basically, I like the idea of keeping the order too, so instead of having to continuously refresh the thread while translating, I'm suggesting that maybe you can take the first 6 clips posted on youtube and I can take the last 6 (or vice versa) so that way we both have our "designated" ones without any overlap and the order is saved. 

And this really only applies for Saturday episodes because I'm usually working on Friday and most likely won't be able to translate then. 

What did I just do?!? For the first time in my drama watching history, I watched all 4 raw episodes of this drama, understanding very little of what was said, and loved every minute. And I loved it even more after reading the Eng subs written by all the wonderful, kind-hearted translators in this forum. Thank you so much!  I will be frequently lurking here for your updates, analyses, and translations. 

It’s Spring season where I am - and what better way to usher in the season than the heart fluttering scenes between JA and JH. :heart:

10 hours ago, dito said:

OK these two are too sweet its giving me tooth ache. I knew they will have good chemistry but this is on a completely different level. And the acting is without a doubt faultless. 

Totally agree. It was something curious to me when I started to watch K-dramas: news about 'X actor in talks...' Don't they do a chemistry test before they are confirmed?

In PNWBMF, chemistry between the main couple is one of the most important in the drama. Only 4 episodes and I can't imagine another actors as this characters.

9 hours ago, jus-ash said:

I totally dislike the white coat with the fussy frills below - that jacket style is NON flattering to anyone, makes butts look bigger than they are. And here it just makes her look unnecc frumpy.

Really? I love that coat. I noticed that they've repeted outfit. I like that. They are supposed to be 'normal people' (not rich, not poor). In some dramas, there're characters who haven't got a lot of money but they wear a different model in each scene <_<.

9 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Somehow the kiss is too early at episode 4? - I'm afraid it will follow by episodes of sadness and broken heart. I hope not. 

It's the story about a mature relationship, in some dramas we would have seen a hand-hand contact in episode 16/16. I'm glad to watch a different story here.

On the other hand, episodes are 80 minutes, so episode 4 would be as the 6th of a typical 60 min drama.

I think writer will surprise us. Some pages ago, we talked about a possible time gap since they was texting in 2015. It could be an option...

Somehow Jin Ah said Joon Hee that if you love someone you should date with them passionately and with all your heart. And this is what they're doing right now. They're like a couple which just has met each other, they're giggling with each other and teasing other person. And I looooove that. 
And I know that maybe it's all happening so fast but it makes sense. Actually this is how it goes. 
They awkwardly hold hands.
They want to impress each other.
They take selfies and laugh at themselves.
They want to be with each other the whole time.
They hug each other just like that.
And to comfort other person.
They kiss.
And want to sleep with each other.
This is how it's happening in the real life. Exactly like that. When you have feelings for someone for a long time (or the feelings that just suddenly show up in Jin Ah's case) you don't think about turning back you just want to move forward. As quickly as possible. And I'm here for that kind of relationship. For healthy relationships when you understand and respect each other, when you can behave yourself like teasing siblings and a cute couple at the same time, when you can talk all night with your partner just because you don't want to hang up first, when you smile and laugh and feel the most comfortable with someone and know that this person will always be on your side. This is why I'm watching this drama even without any subs. 

18 minutes ago, mufalo said:

Somehow Jin Ah said Joon Hee that if you love someone you should date with them passionately and with all your heart. And this is what they're doing right now. They're like a couple which just has met each other, they're giggling with each other and teasing other person. And I looooove that. 
And I know that maybe it's all happening so fast but it makes sense. Actually this is how it goes...

Adding to this, it also makes sense that it goes so fast. In real life, maybe it wouldn’t go this fast but that’s because couples have to get to know each other and build a trust first. Since our couple have known each other for a loooooong time, they can skip that step and get straight to the loving (which we all want)

Got the credits for ep 1.  Muiiya and s4niya.

Are they from soompi or anyone you guys know?Is that what everyone is watching from? Have no clue if they are translating from Korean or Chinese or Indonesian. I watched only 5 min of subs and decided I was better off watching it raw. But since there are names don't know if it's anyone you guys know on soompi.

K-DRAMA REACTION: PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD | EPISODE 1

The level of cuteness of this K-drama is off the charts! I don’t know if it’s just my shameless bias for Jung Hae-in or Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food just screams adorable in every way.

Full: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/08/k-drama-reaction-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food-episode-1/

We have only one translator, so if you'd like to join, PM me. 

Ep1 is ready for QC but I'm still in the hospital dancing to I Am the Best while hooked on fluids. So wanna QC instead? PM me. 

The squad is now known as Subbing in the Rain. 

Hello all friends, I'm checking in after completing ep 4. I'm shook by the high quality of the drama. Who would have thought the singers were Carla Bruni (Stand By Your Man) and Bruce Willis (Save The Last Dance For Me) ?! I'm playing the songs on repeat right now. It's indeed true that Jung Hae-in looks like a golden retriever puppy. He just looks so happy with Son Ye Jin in every episode. 

Archived