Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

I am a fan of PD Ahn.  I was so in love with SLA.  However, because that drama was about a taboo topic of extramarital affair... the intimate scenes were cloaked in symbolism and dimmed lights.  Most unsatisfying... So glad that in Pretty Noona, the kiss scenes to come are under bright lights.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

So i tried to watch episode 1 subbed in english and bahasa. Well @stroppyse translations was much better. I think if we want to really feel and engage with this drama, it’s better to wait for official sub. And try to catch up with bah doo and stroppyse instead for the time being.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, yaselin said:

Hi everyone:) i'm currently translating from indonesian to english and only 1/4 of the 1st ep is done. I did the eng sub for age of youth 2 before. And i want to ask if there's anyone here who is fluent in bahasa and english and want to help me to translate it because the drama is too long (about 80mins for the 1st ep, 70mins for 2nd ep) for me to work on my own. Thanks ♥

Hi @yaselin, I sometimes translate research papers from Bahasa Indonesia to English. If you need a help, please send a message to me. So, it means that you learn Hangeul, right? Awesome since I can't find enough time to learn it but yes, I start learning Hangeul in a very slowly mode. :D

@stroppyse omooo, dear... you are so so so helpful. Love you, chingu. Thank you soooooo muuucchh...  Now, let's wait for the sweet kisses from them.

1 hour ago, mummyof2 said:

So i tried to watch episode 1 subbed in english and bahasa. Well @stroppyse translations was much better. I think if we want to really feel and engage with this drama, it’s better to wait for official sub. And try to catch up with bah doo and stroppyse instead for the time being.

Hi @mummyof2 can you send me a message where I can watch the drama with English and Bahasa subtitle? I just want to know because I can count on @stroppyse translation. Thank you.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, mummyof2 said:

Yup  the sub is mess 

Better they use @stroppyse translation they just put a words without meaning...sorry that's just too senseless.

Cough...cough...the kisss:tongue:

• Like 6

Hi I'm new here :) i'm really  excited for this drama,but this translation problem is killing me :crazy: Huge fan of JHI :wub: Please if u have a link with subs please send me:)

• Like 1

They were super duper cute awwww :wub:

watching the clip in bestkdramakimchi . I feel like watching someone else’s early stage of love life with all those rainbow and unicorn, giddiness and all. 

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, rain89 said:

Her ex, ewww

@rain89 I fully agree to that. That scene as disturbing to watch. But I'm wondering whether such an extreme portayal of obsession and female objectification was originally written in the script or whether this scene was included as a contribution to the growing #Me Too-awakening in South Korea.

The problem with her ex is that he's a lawyer (or is he even a prosecutor?) and that he comes from the 'right' (as in rich) family background, so I think he would not even worry about himself being negatively affected even if she would report it to the police - he beleives to have the right strings that can be pulled. He's too full of himself and his obsession with her grew the more she rejected him. It kinda feels like that he's mentaly still a kindergarden-bully who cannot cope with rejection other than menacing behaviour against whom he thinks is rightfully his anyway.

@triplem Thanks for your welcome. It's nice to finally have found something that pulling be back into here.

The clips jtbc has released until now are really just to cute. He is so smitten by her, and she is able to get her confidence back because of that. He's the opposite of her ex - while he was labeled as a player by his friends once he is in love he's completely devoting himself to make the one happy. He sees her as a person and not as some object.

Really can't wait for the raw version and for @stroppyse's helpful translations again.

• Like 5

Episode 4 scenes. After the work night out, JH and JA try to get away from the others.

JH Colleague: You said your house was in Mokdong, didn’t you? Since I live in Hwagokdong, I’ll drop you off.
SY: Ah… I’m okay actually.
Colleague: Oh, it’s on the way anyway.
SC: Cha Man Ok, so nice for you.
JH: (to SC) Hey, today, you go stick with Team Leader. Since my bag is at the office.
SC: Isn’t mine as well? Your house is in Hakgungdong, so why do you need your bag?
JH: There is something that I need. Go. I’ll take care of the rest.
Colleague2: Manager Yoon, where do you live?
JA: I live at Boondang.
Colleague2: Oh, you can come with us then. After Team Leader has been dropped off, then…
JA: Yes.
JH: Oh, I forgot. I have something in my car that my sister said to give you.
JA: Oh, that thing! As it is since I don’t go to the office that often these days, I had wondered when I was going to see her.
JH: You can just take it today.
JA: Yes, I can do that.
JH: Let’s go.

(JH and JA walk quickly down a street when JH suddenly stops and faces JA)
JA: Oh! You startled me!
JH: Why did you hold my hand?
JA: Since your hand was there. Why? Did you dislike it?
JH: I’m not saying I disliked it…
JA: You grabbed my hand, too.
JH: Why did you grab it first? I was going to grab it first.
JA: (laughing a little) In which lifetime? You don’t know how important timing is in a relationship between a man and a woman.
JH: Have we become a “relationship between a man and a woman” now?
JA: I’m just saying that they say that. Well. Why are you scrutinizing the words anyway?! You’re only satisfied when you’ve totally teased a person with what she’s said.
JH: Whose the one who toyed first? I turned into a total breathless idiot.
JA: It was going to be a bit much for me to say that, so for saying that with your own mouth, thank you.
JH: Where do you want to go? Do you want to go finish the game?
JA: Well, I do have the expert actually in front of me.
JH: That’s true, isn’t it. Let’s go to the office.
JA: But there might be some staff who are working overtime.
JH: Our offices won’t have any. Let’s go.

note: Not sure of the neighborhoods that JA and JH live in, so I just wrote phonetic versions of what they said.

At the end of this clip, JH's face as he holds JA's hand. He seems so delighted and amazed that he's finally holding her hand. And, she is also feeling a bit shy but delighted by it. :D:wub:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12

Woot...it's a good night for me , first kiss for a couple of dramas I am following...I wish they zoomed in a little..hahahahaha

Picking up from last night...after seeing the rest off , they held hands at the end...:wub:

Spoiler

More scenes 

Spoiler

More sweet scenes in spoiler... @Lady_Fay I agree , so nice to see them go through the first phases of the relationship

Spoiler

Errrr this scene made me so mad , her ex came to look for her in the office and forced kiss ..it''s sexual assault for sure

'

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gahhh I just might have diabetes tonight, OTP 's date night followed by beach scene

• Like 12

Her mom is so annoying and nosy. Always “Lee Kyu min” this and that.

I think rather than the age difference, their biggest obstacle is gonna be the fact that their families consider each other as one family, it’s gonna be hard. My family is also close to another family like that and thinking about one of my family together with someone with the other family almost seems incestuos.

From the preview. This boy is already talking about killing someone for her (her pervert superior), this isn’t gonna go well.

• Like 9

Omg   look carefully at the preview..bedscene  at 6 sec, 16secs... but what's cute they have to be sneaking around all the time..ahahahaha

• Like 12

Ehm i'm screaming right now for that preview... They obv slept together but the ex boyfriend is frightening:ph34r:

• Like 7

Because of tonight episode and the preview (and the poster, and the preview in the snow...), it seems this drama is going to have a lot of kisses :wub:.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

JH and JA go to his office where they are nearly caught out by a drunk SC.

SC: Yah, do you smell some coffee?
JH: Oh, you’re really drunk! Let go! Oh!
(JA gets locked in the office this time. LOL)

(JH flags a taxi for SC)
JH: Thank you. (to SC) Come here. Get in. Let’s go. Let’s go.
SC: Why aren’t you getting in?
JH: I have to go do something.
SC: You’re not putting me in a taxi and going off to play without me, right?
JH: Course not. (to driver) Please go.
Driver: Yes.
SC: I love you!
JH: Yes, I love you a lot.

(JH goes back to the office, calling JA on the phone.)
JH: Why didn’t you answer your phone? I was worried about you.
JA: Joon Hee
JH: Yes?
JA: When are you coming? I’m so scared.
JH: Count to a hundred…no, just count to ten. I’ll be there quickly. (starts running)
JA: (upstairs watching JH on the street) Oh, he’s really fast.

JH: Noona! Noona. Noona! Oh! (JA bursts out and startles him.) Really. Seriously. Oh, that’s so annoying. Seriously.
JA: It was just a little joke, so why are you so upset?
JH: Who is upset?
JA: You are upset! I won’t give you any coffee.
JH: I’m not drinking it.
JA: Okay then, don’t. Ah! I was going to have lunch tomorrow with Seung Chul-sshi. Did you want to come?
JH: Why with Seung Chul all of a sudden?
JA: So Jung-ie. (me: a woman that JH was interested in in the past)
JH: That really wasn’t anything.

LOL. JA's method for getting JH out of his annoyance, tell him she's going to ask his friend about one of his past interests. :D

So, So Jung is a woman that JH had been mad about back during his army service days. Seung Chul brings her name up as possibly being the woman that JH wasn't able to get that JH had mentioned at the night out. Unfortunately for JH, JA was listening as SC went on and on about how JH had acted as if he couldn't live without her. :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 7

What is going on between JH and JA's brother in the preview. He is so angry. Oh, it makes me curious. 

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JH and JA go to his office where they are nearly caught out by a drunk SC.

LOL. JA's method for getting JH out of his annoyance, tell him she's going to ask his friend about one of his past interests. :D

This scene reminds me of JA's situation in episode 2. Thank you @stroppyse .

• Like 8

JH goes on the attack after getting defensive about the girl in his past, but both JA and JH get over it quickly.

JH: I said that it really wasn’t much of anything.
JA: Certainly, definitely because you're an Arts University oppa, there is something different about you. Dying and living over something that “wasn’t much of anything”. You're such a fine, delicate thing.
JH: Who doesn’t have a past history? Also, you said that when you like someone, that acting crazily and passionately was being in love. You said that it had to be hot! Did you or did you not say that not being like that was completely disrespecting one’s partner? Did you or didn’t you say that?
JA: The things that I had said, you’re reciting them without a single changed syllable.
JH: Of course. I am such a fine, delicate man.
(Both of them laugh, getting over the tension.)
JH: Come here. I’ll show you something.

I had the giggles when JH tried to stop JA from looking at the female characters who had been drawn in such a sexy fashion. LOL

Edited by stroppyse
changed some of the translation
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 5

Guest Bissu

My small contributions, just to help out.

YJA: Can you stop looking at me like that?

JH: How am I looking at you?

YJA: Like a jobless man watching his wife get ready for work.

JH: Haha, that sounds nice. YJA: What will you be doing (while I'm gone)?

JH: I'm gonna stay here right here (not do anything).

YJA: Go do something meanwhile, there's a lot to do here.

JH: There's no fun in doing it alone.

YJA: Well, I really am someone who can make you feel lonely if I'm not there.

JH: Get off (the car).

YJA: You're not letting it go even once (not playing along with her joke). I'll be back!

JH: *mouths: Pretty x 2

YJA: *comes around the car: What did you say?

JH: I SAID YOU'RE PRETTY!

YJA: If I .. didn't hold your hand first what would've happened?

JH: I'd die/You would've been killed by me. (?)

JH: So you won't regret (being in a relationship with me) I'll do well.

YJA: Can I trust you?

JH: You can trust me.

YJA: And if you don't (do well)?

JH: Then I don't.

JH: I'm saying I'll do well because I'm already regretting things. So I'm telling you to trust me.

YJA: What regrets?

JH: (Things like) I should've confessed first. I should've held your hand first.

YJA: I'm cold.

JH: You should wear more reliable (warmer) clothes like mine.

YJA: Usually don't men offer their clothes/jackets to women.

JH: But I'm cold too.

YJA: Ugh

*Hugs her

JH: How do you fit so easily into my arms.

YJA: You're making fun of me again by saying I'm small aren't you!

JH: .. This (what I'm about to do) isn't my fault.

YJA: Hm?

* kiss :heart: