[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rain89 said:

Her mom is so annoying and nosy. Always “Lee Kyu min” this and that.

I think rather than the age difference, their biggest obstacle is gonna be the fact that their families consider each other as one family, it’s gonna be hard. My family is also close to another family like that and thinking about one of my family together with someone with the other family almost seems incestuos.

From the preview. This boy is already talking about killing someone for her (her pervert superior), this isn’t gonna go well.

Yes agree -  her mom!

Her mom  - conveniently bypassing the fact GM had cheated on her daughter too, when she goes on and on about taking him back. Just because GM has all the right 'qualifications'. Way to consider a great longtime relationship prospect ahead for your daughter JA-oma!

JA's mom's obsession with the JA's dad working or getting a good job will be a foreboding issue to consider  on top of every barrier they already face - bec it is revealing of her mom's mindset, and how she thinks. Also her sensitive skin when it comes to friends' children marrying wel,  and her own daughter.

JH is not exactly in a well-established job position either.

Age difference not withstanding,  2 families knowing each other so well - 2 brothers being friends,  then KS and JH's own family background - dad who disappeared, mom who died (they're almost akin to Orphan Status - which is a class down in Kculture for marriage prospects) ....

They’re so much like real life in the way they’re dating. Unlike most dramas where they have to go through a life and death situation, they have to actually say “I love you” and lots of other drama before they finally get together. I feel this Drama is close to real life; where you notice you both have feelings for each other, go on a few dates, kiss, and then tell each other you love each other. Though our leads haven’t said they love each other yet, I’m waiting till then.

MUCH THANKS stroppyse and Bissu for all efforts with

translation recaps! :wub:

I have  :wub:  both wks' previews. And still loving the entire journey, raws or not.

Hopefully JH doesn't go all impulse-ragey to drastically jeopardize anything in her workplace. At least her mom isn't on her case about her job currently.

If she loses that, and JH is instrumental  ... instead of seeing it as 'saving her daughter' ... it may go the wrong way.

It would have been fun to stretch the teasing one more episode. Or to keep smitten puppydog JH wondering and on his toes - so enjoyable to watch. Juz sayin'  ... not complaining. :tongue:

Then again, there were folks elsewhere who found the first 2 episodes of the Sweets too  boring already. 4 and beyond would have been overkill.

OK these two are too sweet its giving me tooth ache. I knew they will have good chemistry but this is on a completely different level. And the acting is without a doubt faultless. I expected it of SYJ but JHI has taken a big leap from what he did in WYWS(I didn't watch PP).

Before they confirmed their feelings .....there was always a bit of awkwardness between them.....a kind of awareness of each other that usually only people who are attracted to each other show signs of. In front of each other they both behaved as if nothings wrong with their equation but alone all those hidden, unrealized feelings came out for us to see....also a very good job by JHI in portraying those sometimes subtle and sometimes obvious shift in his expressions whenever JA is mentioned or is near him.

I'm a huge fan of SYJ....but I have to say I'm paying more attention to JHI in this....JH is just such a charmer..and also maybe coz his character has more layers.....I also noticed that JH has quite a temper.....Like in the preview of ep 5...he destroying someones office....must be GM and a bouquet of flowers get trashed by him while JA brother is standing by him....

I mentioned this because I have a very bad feeling about the ex. It doesn't seem he's going to stop soon...not after what happened in todays epi.....and with JA and JH now being together is going to aggravate him more.... I'm dreading what will come after he finds out about them.

Anyways I'm enjoying this show a lot....even without subs. A big thanks to @stroppyse and @Bissu for translating the clips....

Guest Bissu

@stroppyse Sorry to bump in unexpectedly and not keep the order of the clips lol, I thought translating starting from the last scene uploaded would be helpful so we didn't overlap and you could've saved some time.

I'd say that whether I translate or not, you should keep doing it since there will be points I may miss and it's always nice to have different interpretations/sources. 

Of course if you want to stop, maybe I can suggest to you that we split up the clips instead (6 each?). It'll be quicker and more efficient that way. Let me know what you think :)

I have read the Live Recaps at Bah + Doo ... as well as Soompi's live recappers. Now just starting my Raws of Ep 4 watching.

Random Thoughts:

= Our boy never misses a beat, hahahah!  :tongue: Once he got over his initial shock and hiccuping over her bold move ... he was quick to grab her hand, and totally enjoying the whole situation (and his lip smacking glee trying to hold it in, and watching HER get surprised instead).

= SY? is already kinda catching on there might be something between JA and JH.

= I totally dislike the white coat with the fussy frills below - that jacket style is NON flattering to anyone, makes butts look bigger than they are. And here it just makes her look unnecc frumpy.

= JA has superior reverse driving skills! :tongue:

So far this drama shows lots and lots eating (Food) and drinking (Beer) - Yum yum made me hungry.

Jazzy instrumental version of the ost "Save the last dance for me" is beautiful.

Somehow the kiss is too early at episode 4? - I'm afraid it will follow by episodes of sadness and broken heart. I hope not.

Will PD-nim eventually promo a real Korean ost at the end of the drama? lol

@stroppyse  and @Bissu, Thanks a million :heart:

Another version of our drama's fave Ost, the Jazzy version one :D

I have had to change my account @ Soompi 3 - 4 x over the many years.

Latest account  = I can't see Hidden Comments at all. :(@ lolly84 - what scene is that?

And trying to change my profile picture to Pretty Noona .. caused "Tabs to crash. I can't upload anything to make changes.  :( Good thing I didn't delete Avatar yet. 

28 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Those who can read Chinese, the subs for ep 4 r out. The interactions r too sweet.... but knowing the PD, even the background songs r foreshadow of things to come... 

WHERE do you go to watch Chinese subs please ? Thanks in advance! Been

too spoilt with easy English subs, so have not visited much Chinese-sub sites. As for Tdramas -  I just watch them straight.

@ dito:  Totally Jung Hae-in is totally rocking his role - his subtle observations of her, subtle shifts in expressions when he feels she isn't looking or when he's alone ... it's more nuanced and layered than SYJ. Even for SYJ who so seasoned - she's hit and miss for me.  When she bursts out laughing sometimes crinkling her eyes, I am NOT entirely convinced it's spontaneous or if the scene calls for it and that's her standard response.

23 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Those who can read Chinese, the subs for ep 4 r out. The interactions r too sweet.... but knowing the PD, even the background songs r foreshadow of things to come... 

Please PM me the chinese sub ep 4 website. tsk

HI all! Thank you for all the screen postings and translations. I am just so happy the ratings continue to increase :D

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[13] TNmS[14]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 30, 2018 4.008% 4.239% 3.8%
2 March 31, 2018 3.752% 4.177% 4.8%
3 April 6, 2018 4.222% 4.621% 4.4%
4 April 7, 2018 4.756% 5.434% 5.9%

Archived