Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

JH races home to get on a video call with JA. Not much dialogue, but so much cuteness!

(JA gets the video call from JH.)
JA: Did you already get home?
JH: What do you mean already? I came awhile ago and washed up before I called. See? I even changed all of my clothes. Ah! I'm just having a beer.

(me: I love the shot of his hastily cast off clothing in his eagerness to call JA. :lol: )

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 5

Guest Bissu

JH: What I said earlier was harsh, I didn't mean it. 

YJA: I know that.

JH: Hurry and go inside, noona is probably looking for you. 

YJA: She's told me to come outside and get some air because she couldn't stand looking at me. You're angry aren't you?

JH: I can't do what I want, even if I do it wouldn't work. It would be weird for me to be ok in this situation. 

YJA: I'm sorry. 

JH: What did you do wrong?

YJA: You know what (why are you asking). I made you worry. I wasn't in the right mind to call you. I did want you beside/with me though..

*JH checks her hand

YJA: It's just a little scrape, it doesn't hurt at all.

JH: I'm the one who is hurt.

*Hugs her

JH: I will never leave you by yourself from now on. 

JH goes to pick JA up to take her to work when she was already in her car...

JA: (gets a call) Yes? Me? I’m just going to work now. Why? You’re almost here? Oh. I’m at home. Home. I’m just going down now. (re-parks her car)
(JH watches her do so.)
JA: You should have called first. What if we had missed each other?
JH: Your phone continued to be shut off, so I couldn’t call before I came.
JA: My battery was out.
JH: That’s right. But, are you just coming down from your house right now?
JA: Of course!
JH: Hmm.
JA: Why are you laughing? (realization hits) You were watching it all, weren’t you?
JH: Not from the first, but when you were turning around, just coincidentally. Wow, your reversing was a work of art. Did you want to see me so quickly?
JA: Just open the door.
JH: It’s already open.
(Both get in.)

(JH grabs JA’s hand as he drives.)
JH: How can you be so cute?
JA: That’s enough of that.
JH: If I come every day to pick you up, I’ll probably be able to see it again.
JA: I said that’s enough.
JH: What’s wrong? It just looked so cute to me.
JA: Really?
JH: Do you believe that?
JA: Let go!
JH: I absolutely can’t let go. It took so much to be able to hold it.
JA: Really.

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 8

Until now, all episodes have had 'a happy ending' and they've let me with a smile in my face. Right now, I feel like JH here :D:

giphy.gif

I'm a little worry how it'll be when things get worse (It's a drama after all). I hope the writer won't make us suffer too much (especially on Saturdays, weeks are very long when you're enjoying a current drama).

• Like 16

Guest Bissu

JH: A workshop? Where are you going? Can I come too? 
YJA: You can't. It's for 2 days and 1 night. 
JH: That's nice! When you're done with work we can look around the city.
YJA: *sighs. I'm crazy, how is it (that I''ll be) with that person out of everyone. 
JH: So you won't be by yourself then? Male coworker? Ah, the company doesn't think at all, putting a man and woman together.. Who is it? How old is he? 
YJA: That's not the problem! The problem is that it's *coworkers name!
JH: Isn't that the pervert?! The one who does stuff to female worker at the karaoke..  No. Don't go. 
YJA: I don't want to either! But I've already told them I would. I didn't know I'd be with him! Because they didn't tell me. I just thought I could go with you..
JH: *smiles. So you really did want to go with me. 
YJA: Yes.. you're right! What's the point of that now, it's (the plan) all messed up.
JH: Why is it messed up? I can just go. You think I'm going to leave you alone with that psycho pervert?
YJA: What about the company? You can't take time off.
JH: If I can't take off time, I'll just submit my resignation. 
YJA: You're crazy. 
JH: I am crazy .. for a certain someone. 
*Hold hands 
YJA: Later on, I'm gonna go meet KS. Since it's been a while since we've seen each other I think she's a bit upset at me. 
JH: She's not upset, she's probably ?? (can't make it out) Ok. I'll be there too.
YJA: You too? Isn't it too early for us to be together? 
JH: It's exciting and fun, isn't it. Should we bet who can act better? 

JA and JH talking about JA's upcoming business trip.

JH: Business trip? Where are you going? Can’t I go as well?
JA: No, you can’t. And, it's for 2 days and 1 night even.
JH: That’s nice! I mean, after you finish work, we can go look around the area, and it would be fun.
JA: I must be crazy. How can I go with that human being?
JH: You’re not going alone. A male colleague. How can a company be so thoughtless? A woman and a man together. Who is the male colleague? How old is he?
JA: That’s not the issue. The issue is that he’s someone who causes annoyance.
JH: Aren't you talking about that pervert? The one who at the karaoke was touching the female staffers as he pleased? (at JA’s look) You can’t. Don’t go.
JA: I also don’t want to go, but I held up my hand and volunteered to go. I didn’t realize that I was going to be going with Senior Manager Gong. Since those girls didn't tell me. I thought I could just go with you… (stops herself after realizing what she was about to say and sighs)
JH: So, I’m right that you were thinking of going with me.
JA: Fine. That’s right. That’s right. But, what’s the point? When it’s all ruined.
JH: What’s ruined? I can just go. (at JA’s look) Do you think I’m going to let you go alone with that perverted moron?
JA: But, what about your office? You can’t easily take time off.
JH: If I really can’t the time off, then I’ll just resign.
JA: Oh really. You’re crazy.
JH: I am crazy…about someone. :wub:
(JH grabs JA’s hand, and she scootches over until a crowd of people come out.)
JA: I’m going to… (clears her throat and tries again) I’m going to go to the store, then stop by Kyung Sun’s at night. Since I haven’t been able to see much of her these days, I think she might be upset with me.
JH: It’s not that she’s upset. She’s probably developed an imaginary illness because of it. Okay. I’ll go, too.
JA: You, too? Isn’t it a little strange for us to be together like that? (me: she means be together in front of KS who doesn’t know)
JH: The nervousness is kind of fun. Shall we bet on who is the better actor? (meaning which one of them can pretend better not to be interested in each other)
JH: Oh really. Impossible.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

@Bissu and @stroppyse - you gusy rock, thank you so much for tanslating the clips!

I have been lurking around here, not posting because I am so frustrated there are no eng subs... I really want to watch this but I do need subs. In any case, I won't post much here but I just wanted to say I appreciate the translations and people posting their thoughts and comments.

I hope we get subs soon!

• Like 7

MG who doesn't know when to stop, but JA is able to defend herself.

(MG forces herself on JA who runs from him.)
JA: You should know to be ashamed! Do you think you acting like this will change anything?! Are you showing off your strength in front of me? Guys who try to use force to get their way are the worst and total scum.

KS: (on the phone to JA’s mother) Work whatever. It’s just that I couldn’t reach Jin Ah today. You know our relationship. Yes. I’ll probably be able to contact her later. Oh, Mom, I’ll come visit you within a few days. And, I’ve run out of kimchee as well. Yes. Yes. Rest well. Yes. (hangs up) This girl, she hasn’t gone home either. Where in the world is she? This is driving me crazy. Really. (makes another call)

MG: I didn’t know you were such an evil person. (me: He’s feeling self-pity after he’s trying to force himself on her? What?!)
JA: You haven’t seen anything yet. If you don’t leave immediately, I’m going to report you as a rapist. No, I had better just report you anyway. If your parents and my parents meet at the police station, then it’ll really be a spectacle.
MG: You just wait and see! (leaves)

(KS and JH pull up in the car and run into the store.)
KS: Jin Ah! Jin Ah! Why is it like this here? What happened? I asked what happened! Who did this? I asked who did this! (sees JA’s hands)
JA: I’m fine.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

JH and JA talk outside the store for a moment after the shock of finding her leads to some harsh words. 

JH: I spoke too harshly. I didn’t mean that.
JA: I know that much.
JH: Go ahead and go in. My sister will be looking for you.
JA: She said that she doesn’t want to see the sight of me, and that I should go get some air. She said that she would clean up. You’re angry, aren’t you?
JH: I can’t do as I want, and I shouldn’t anyway, so if I were perfectly normally, that would be strange.
JA: I’m sorry.
JH: What did you do wrong?
JA: You already know. I made you worry. I didn’t have the wherewithal to call. Even though I had been thinking that I wanted you beside me. (JH looks at JA’s hand.) I just scratched them a bit. They don’t hurt at all.
JH: I’m hurting. I am.
(JH hugs JA.)
JH: From now on, I absolutely won’t leave you alone.
(JA hugs him back.)

(JH and KS take JA home.)
KS: Go on in.
JA: Okay.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Guest Bissu

YJA: I have to go back to work now.
JH: What are you doing tomorrow? 
YJA: Tomorrow? Since it's my day off, I'm going to sleep in first of all. After that I don't have any plans, why are you asking? Is there something you want to do?
JH: Rather than that..
YJA: It seems like there is something. What is it, tell me.
JH: My sister won't be here for 2 days and 1 night so, do you want to come to my house? 

JH: You're here?
YJA: You told me to come..

omg guys, dijdijfdijsifjs the way he looks at her and pulls her in :wub:

JH goes on the trip with JA, and drives her to her meeting.

JA: Can’t you not look at me that way?
JH: How am I looking?
JA: You have the exact gaze of a unemployed husband watching his wife get ready to go off to work.
JH: Oh, that’s pretty good.
(Both look in the back for something.)
JH: Ah, you have to have your shoes.
JA: Thank you.
JA: What are you going to be doing?
JH: I’m not going to stay here and not move at all.
JA: Don’t make it so that I can’t do work either, and go and do something. There is a lot to sightsee here.
JH: What fun would that be alone?
JA: Then again, I am someone who can make a person really feel the empty seat next to them. (me: LOL. She’s self-complimenting again.)
JH: Get out.
JA: (mutters to herself) He just won’t let me get away with it even once. (to JH) I’ll go now.
(JH hugs JA)
JH: You’re precious to me.
JA: Yes. Even I know that much.
(Through the window after she gets out)
JH mouths: You’re pretty.
JA mouths: What?
JH mouths: I said that you’re pretty.
(JA comes over to JH’s side of the car.)
JA: What did you say? Huh?
JH: I said that you’re pretty! (JA tries to shush him) Why? Why?
JA: Be quiet. (laughs and leaves)

Just so much cuteness.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Mostly more cute dating scenes.

JA: Omo!
JH: What’s wrong?
JA: Nothing.
JH: That’s not the face you make when it’s nothing.
JA: But why are you here?
JH: The time that you were supposed to come out is long past, so I was just about to go into the store.
JA: Oh, I just had some things to finish up. You’ve waited too long, haven’t you? You must be hungry. I’m so hungry. Let’s go eat something delicious. Huh? Just tell me that I did well.
JH: (wraps his arm around her shoulder) You did well.

They are just the most adorable together. Every time that JH wraps his arm around JA's shoulder, there is a bit of possessiveness to his posture, that she is his and he's holding onto her. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, rain89 said:

Her mom is so annoying and nosy. Always “Lee Kyu min” this and that.

I think rather than the age difference, their biggest obstacle is gonna be the fact that their families consider each other as one family, it’s gonna be hard. My family is also close to another family like that and thinking about one of my family together with someone with the other family almost seems incestuos.

From the preview. This boy is already talking about killing someone for her (her pervert superior), this isn’t gonna go well.

Yes agree -  her mom!

Her mom  - conveniently bypassing the fact GM had cheated on her daughter too, when she goes on and on about taking him back. Just because GM has all the right 'qualifications'. Way to consider a great longtime relationship prospect ahead for your daughter JA-oma!

JA's mom's obsession with the JA's dad working or getting a good job will be a foreboding issue to consider  on top of every barrier they already face - bec it is revealing of her mom's mindset, and how she thinks. Also her sensitive skin when it comes to friends' children marrying wel,  and her own daughter.

JH is not exactly in a well-established job position either.

Age difference not withstanding,  2 families knowing each other so well - 2 brothers being friends,  then KS and JH's own family background - dad who disappeared, mom who died (they're almost akin to Orphan Status - which is a class down in Kculture for marriage prospects) ....

• Like 7

The kiss scene. :wub::wub:

JA: “I shouldn’t have grabbed your hand.” What if I ever have such a thought?
JH: You would be killed…by me. (pauses to think it over) So that you absolutely won’t ever regret it, I’ll treat you well.  
JA: Can I believe that?
JH: You can believe that.
JA: And if you don't.
JH: Then I don't.
(JA looks over and pushes him.)
JH: Since I’ve already had regrets, I’m going to do well. So, I’m telling you to believe me.
JA: What regrets?
JH: Why wasn't I able to confess to you first? I should have grabbed your hand first.
JA: Oh, it’s cold.
JH: You should have worn thick clothing like me.
JA: In a situation like this, isn’t the man supposed to say “wear mine”?
JH: But, I'm cold, too.
JA: Oh, really, no clue.
(JH embraces JA.)
JH: How can you go so completely into my arms like  this?
JA: You’re teasing me again that I’m small, aren’t you?
JH: This isn’t my fault.
(JH KISSES JA. JA hugs him after they separate before they start kissing again.)

Their kisses feel so real to them as a couple, a bit forward, a bit shy, but both fully participatory.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

They’re so much like real life in the way they’re dating. Unlike most dramas where they have to go through a life and death situation, they have to actually say “I love you” and lots of other drama before they finally get together. I feel this Drama is close to real life; where you notice you both have feelings for each other, go on a few dates, kiss, and then tell each other you love each other. Though our leads haven’t said they love each other yet, I’m waiting till then.

• Like 5

Dinner at JA's folks house with the family, plus KS and JH.

Father: You have family like us, so why wouldn’t you have someone on your side?
Mother: Yes. if you distinguish between your side and my side, I’ll be very sad. Dad and I have never once thought of you and Joon Hee as someone else’s children.
KS: I know. Why wouldn’t I know that? It’s just I didn’t think of that and was talking nonsense.
SH: Hey, drink moderately. One bottle is more than enough.
KS: Ish!
SH: You noonas are too old now. Whenever you drink, you get carried away.
KS: Yah! I may not to be considered attractive now, but what about our Jin Ah? Do you think that the number of guys who say that they can’t live without her is just one or two? It’s because I’ve never talked about it, but all the guys who wanted to date her passionately have all been mowed down.
JA: Oh, she’s drunk again. When she gets drunk, then she’s like… aigoo.
KS: You don’t think that’s true? Shall I just talk about it then? Lee Gyu Min…
JA: Yah!
JH: Why are you being like this? Really?
SH: What’s this? Is Yoon Jin Ah still meeting that bastard?
JA: No!
SH: (to JH) Yah! Do you know something?
JH: Know something? What would I know? It’s because my sister was getting carried away that I said something.
SH: I don’t think so.
JH: At least you should just stay quiet.
Mother: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Yoon Jin Ah, what is all this about? Huh? You told us not to even mention his name, but there's something going on after all, isn’t there? You two, you’re not a couple who can break it off so easily like that.
JA: Mom!
Mother: Oh you! We’re just all family, so what of it. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Dating is about meeting and then separating and then meeting again. Isn’t that right?
JA: I said no! I said no! I said I refuse to ever see him again!
SH: If it was going to end like this, then why did you make such a fuss that you liked him for all that time?
JA: (smacking SH in the head) You kid. You think that you can say anything you want. Just randomly without any manners.
Mother: Why would you hit the head of a child who is studying?!
JA: Is studying the end all and be all?! He has to become a human being! A human being!
Mother: Aigoo.
Father: Jin Ah’s words are right. Studying to be a doctorate or whatever, life is first. Life is. I don’t look at anything else. Someone who knows how to care for others is the best. If Jin Ah brings home such a guy, then for me, I’ll accept him regardless of anything else.
KS: I agree!

So, I can't totally blame JA's mother for continuing to push GM on JA. She wants JA to get married, and she doesn't know what GM is really like, especially since JA seems to have not told her family about his attempted rape of her or anything. And, at one time, JA does seem to have really been in love with him.  It's still annoying to watch her try to push JA back towards GM. It's kind of funny though that it's happening in front of JH, though it must be frustrating for him not to be able to say anything.

Also hope that JA's father means what he says and is an actual ally of the couple. As hard as it's going to be for KS to accept it, I think she'll also come around, for the sake of the brother and teh friend that she loves so much.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

JA goes over to JH's place.

(JA and JH on the phone.)

JA: I have to go back in to work now.
JH: What are you doing tomorrow?
JA: Tomorrow? It’s my day off, so I’ll probably sleep in late. And then after that, I don’t have anything planned. Why? Is there something you want to do?
JH: It’s not exactly that… mmm…
JA: What is it? Tell me.
JH: Tomorrow, my sister is going on a trip for 2 days and 1 night. Don’t you want to come over to my place?

(JA gets out of the cab at JH’s place.)
Driver: Yes.

(JA at JH’s door.)
JH: You’re here?
JA: You said to come.
(they go inside)

The smile on JH's face as he pulls JA in to his place. :wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Episode 5 preview.

Woman: That doesn't seem like Manager Yoon’s hair. It seems like a different person.
JH: It feels like a lie. (means he feels as if he’s in a dream) That such a pretty woman is in front of me.
JA: You’re crazy! At work!
Pervert Manager: Yoon Jin Ah!
JH: That pervert. Shall I make it so that he can’t even set a foot in the office?
KS: I think he’s secretly dating. Haven’t you sensed anything like that from Joon Hee?
JH: Can’t you not go home?
JA: But why did you keep not answering your phone today? I was overwhelmed. 
SH: How do we kill this bastard?
JH: I’ll make it so that you don’t have to hide again. I will.  

So, this really is an adult romance; it seems next week, the skinship will explode. Also, while initially it may be fun to have a secret romance, it can also get old as it keeps you not being able to be with your beloved, so they seem to be starting to address that. I just hope that they keep the couple together in a healthy way while they're dealing with the various things in their lives as well as the opposition that they're sure to meet when they finally go public.

The lag on soompi is really bad for me today, so will write my comments about episode 4 later on. This was the final clip released today.  Though, I may have post some additional translations later of scenes without clips if I find them unbearably sweet. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6