[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ES is too matured to be able to keep secrets such as ET's returning to Korea in spring and her dad's recent return and not telling any Park's member. YH should have explained to her about their divorce earlier since she's dating ET. Apparently, ES is more vested in her dad than ET despite his efforts. ET addressed himself as ES' dad but she told her teacher he isn't. Ouch, that hurts!

40 minutes ago, newyee said:

ES is too matured to be able to keep secrets such as ET's returning to Korea in spring and her dad's recent return and not telling any Park's member. YH should have explained to her about their divorce earlier since she's dating ET. Apparently, ES is more vested in her dad than ET despite his efforts. ET addressed himself as ES' dad but she told her teacher he isn't. Ouch, that hurts!

That just shows me  how much ET cares about ES,also from her perspective he is not her dad so it makes sense I really doubt she meant anything by it just stating a fact for now.

41f7088c79.jpg?x=b&a=0x0&s=380x214&q=h&emaxresdefault.jpg394

Children don't think like adults and to me that's the beauty in being a child.

It's their honesty and innocence in saying what they think and feel without any reservations or filter.   Whether a Dad ignores you, or is a good Dad or not doesn't change that he is all you know and have known your entire life.  The lack of love and even bonding that isn't there is still all ES knows or has ever known.  She doesn't understand or even know what divorce really means.  Heck I often wonder if we adults do...

The fact that YH didn't sit her down is most likely because she has to consider ES first and there is her age to consider as well.  What is best for her and all the changes that are taking place in that sweet little girls life.  For even the truth isn't as easy to understand when those little eyes are looking up and don't understand what it means when two people are giving up.  A child's parents are their sense of comfort, trust and HOME.  Not telling her isn't a lack of love but one of wanting to somehow protect her and give her the least amount of pain possible...

The reason I love ET is because he loves ES more than himself.  He accepted her long ago and I will never forget when he knelt down to speak to her and placed himself on her level.  It showed consideration for her in making himself equal and safe to her and not a giant speaking to her from up above.  Not only that but he is building a relationship with her it won't happen overnight no matter what he does, gives her or says.  In a child's heart you can't replace people so easily not like adults often do...

ET will be successful because he not only understands her but he was the one who hugged her first when she got lost.  Protected her from her aunt when her aunt was cruel.  Treated her from the moment they met like she mattered and in this last episode whether she fully understands his words or not.  Makes no difference he won't give up and while watching him at her school or placing her so lovingly in her car seat.  Even more putting those headphones on her so she couldn't hear what words were being spoken.  He doesn't just love her.  He loves her like a parent should and him showing her daily just how much will allow her the time to realize just what having a Daddy feels like...

Because if anyone knows what it felt like to be without an active parent and father in his life ET has first hand knowledge and knows that feeling all to well.  It's what placed him on that floor in her class with her little feet laid against his knees.  Her pulling  and reaching out for him and him pulling and reaching out for her.  Holding onto each other tightly and learning to lean on each other too.  Isn't that the foundation for any growing and loving relationship trusting, believing and being there beside you...

Consistency is a part of love...:heart:

I really appreciated the way JJH talked to ES in the beginning of episode 33. She was angry with ET's reaction, but when she realized ES was there she just apologized for not having time to eat with them and told her to enjoy her meal with ET and her mother. I really like her for that. I feel that this somehow reflects the difference between her and CHK.

And ET already has a child seat in his car...

7 hours ago, chasen8888 said:

MS is crushing on DY but it would never come to fruition as from the start DY only has eyes for JH,

Am I the only one who is hoping that MS ends up with DY?  I think it would be sad if he ends up with the short end of the stick again.  He may be a prick sometimes, but he has had his share of hard knocks and things not going well.  Also, I feel like he and DY understand each other in a way.  He was the first one to tell her that she was cute and to let her know that she's okay fat or skinny.  As for her crush on JH, I feel that that's a childhood crush and hero worship that never evolved and is very much rooted in the past and to who she was in high school.  Yes, JH was always kind to her in school, and he is genuinely falling for her, but I feel that there's more of a connection between MS and DY. 

I also think that DY keeps MS in line and makes him more human and better than on his own or with someone else.  And I think with MS, DY can be more her self instead of an infatuated school girl.  A few of the interactions with JH, I got the sense that she was expecting or hoping for more, and he couldn't make the connection in the way that I think MS would have.  Too many misconnections and words said a pause too late.  They seem out of step. Given this is a weekend kdrama, most likely DY and JH will end up together, though I think it should be DY and MS.

42 minutes ago, hmmmgood said:

Am I the only one who is hoping that MS ends up with DY?  I think it would be sad if he ends up with the short end of the stick again.  He may be a prick sometimes, but he has had his share of hard knocks and things not going well.  Also, I feel like he and DY understand each other in a way.  He was the first one to tell her that she was cute and to let her know that she's okay fat or skinny.  As for her crush on JH, I feel that that's a childhood crush and hero worship that never evolved and is very much rooted in the past and to who she was in high school.  Yes, JH was always kind to her in school, and he is genuinely falling for her, but I feel that there's more of a connection between MS and DY. 

I also think that DY keeps MS in line and makes him more human and better than on his own or with someone else.  And I think with MS, DY can be more her self instead of an infatuated school girl.  A few of the interactions with JH, I got the sense that she was expecting or hoping for more, and he couldn't make the connection in the way that I think MS would have.  Too many misconnections and words said a pause too late.  They seem out of step. Given this is a weekend kdrama, most likely DY and JH will end up together, though I think it should be DY and MS.

Yes because she deserve much better then a piece of garbage like him I honesty dont get why people keep shipping them its  weird.

1 hour ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I really appreciated the way JJH talked to ES in the beginning of episode 33. She was angry with ET's reaction, but when she realized ES was there she just apologized for not having time to eat with them and told her to enjoy her meal with ET and her mother. I really like her for that. I feel that this somehow reflects the difference between her and CHK.

Nah she dont get any points  here she created that situation anyway. 

46 minutes ago, hmmmgood said:

She get close to JH (get that job to see him), make him fall for her/realised that he like her, tell him she like him, begin to date him then go to MS who is becoming his brother. That would be really mean from the autor so,no, I don't want her with MS.

Just because she was nice to MS, that doesn't mean they must date. A girl can be nice to somebody without any other reason.

If you add the fact that she clearly told everybody she doesn't feel anything for MS (she even told him). He just don't listen to her and live in his own world.

I still hate the type of character who don't listen to the girl and think for her.

1 hour ago, hmmmgood said:

Quite frankly, every time I see MS near DY I cringe. I guess because she’s so innocent and he’s so ugh, I feel like they’re definitely not suited. He’s done so many dirty things behind his mother’s back that it almost seems like he has lived much longer in the world than both JH and DY though they’re all practically the same age.

I don’t think he stands a chance with DY because she’s never liked him romantically one bit. Sure she’s been kind to him and she’s sympathized with him but she’s never shown an iota of attraction to him.

With regard to JH, love can grow from admiration. DY has seen JH angry, impatient and mean so it’s not like she hasn’t realized that he has clay feet. I don’t think she worships him like a hero. She’s discussed JH with ET several times and those conversations show she saw JH as a person and even wanted to support and encourage him when he was down and hard on himself. She’s seen him in less than desirable circumstances on the job. She’s even tried to understand his earnest desire to hold on to a job where he’s even sometimes humiliated. These things show that she was trying to sincerely know and understand JH better as a person. It wasn’t until they started interacting more as coworkers that her feelings started to really grow. 

DY might want more from JH but don’t confuse their inexperience with a claim that they have no connection. The two of them have never dated so it will probably take them time to adjust to it and to grow and understand each other better as a couple. The key is that they are both careful yet eager to please one another in this stage of their dating. MS, on the other hand, is living in his own world. He’s planning ahead about dating her without even ascertaining if she likes him. I guess he’s in for a surprise.

I also wonder why DY should be the one to reform MS. Perhaps he should recognize on his own that he needs to change and do something about it. It’s not like he’s living alone in the world.

On 7/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, hmmmgood said:

It was not just a childhood crush but it is about knowing who someone is that never changed. JH was a good person then and is a good person now. She already verified that since they were in high school. That is not called a childhood crush, it is the appreciation of the goodness of another. Isn't that what someone looks for in a future partner? while what MS has, since he was a child, is this unfulfilled need to belong. He has never felt that security even with all the wealth he has grown up in, he always was afraid of being abandoned and therefore has been clingy and selfish especially towards his mother. His mother is trying to teach him about love, giving and unconditional sharing. He has not learned that yet. DY made the right choice. If MS ends up with DY still having the problem of the fear of abandonment, he will treat DY the way he treats his mother. Insecure and clingy. DY does not deserve that. She is a nice girl, she deserves someone like JH who is genuinely giving. Even with the way MS has treated him at work, JH was steadfast and never gave up on his job, knowing that he was responsible in supporting himself and helping his family. That is a grown-up man that DY deserves. MS is still a child who needs to grow up to feel secure in himself with or without his mother and learn how to be kind and be genuinely happy about it. He will then attract to himself the woman he deserves effortlessly. Bur for now DY is not for him. 

Whoa, such strong reactions to my post.  I had no idea people hated MS so much.  I agree that he is a shady jerk who continues to do stupid and short-sighted things.  I agree that DY should not reform MS.  I hate it when that trope is used in story lines (and in real life).  I don't think she should reform him, he will have to take the steps to reform himself on his own irrespective of whether she is or is not in his life.  Still I think when he's around her, he doesn't feel that he needs to behave a certain way or be on guard which is why you do see other sides of him beyond the jerk.

As for the hero worship and childhood crush, she does have that.  I feel too much of their relationship is predicated on her high school experience.  Even though she is beginning to see JH as a person with flaws and insecurities, I'm still not sold on their relationship. It's an issue I have with kdramas with these childhood crushes that magically end in marriage.  It's a little too pat and fantasy perfect.  I'm really not sold on JH and DY's budding romance.  Clearly, I appear to be the only one here on this forum.

I do like JH, though I think the show has made him too perfect, even with his personal and professional setbacks. Conversely, MS has been made to the complete opposite of JH with almost no redeeming qualities as evidenced by the dislike for him on this forum.  Honestly, I don't think DY deserves to be with JH.  I think she needs to grow.  She may be nice and kind, but that's it.  She's lacking in many ways and has a limited perspective and understanding of things, because she has been so sheltered and has resided in her fantasy of JH.  In my opinion she's more like MS in their respective stunted growth (for various reasons), though I understand that that's not reason either for them to be together.  Conversely, two kind people should not be together just because they are good people at heart.  

6 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

Yeah, JJH shows her motherly instinct and is able to control her emotion at this point. She's not evil at heart nor a greedy person and like ET, she's just over-protective of her loved ones.

@hmmmgood I won't be upset if DY ended up with MS. They really look good together. MS is very introverted and does not share his feelings freely. However, MY pointed out that he has never complained about her cooking, unlike JH & HH. He's appreciative of MY and probably has bigger problems to tackle and hence not concerned with the trivial.  He doesn't have any real relationship with anyone hence he has mistaken DY's friendship for love. He needs plenty of love and a girlfriend will best help him out of his melancholy state. In terms of maturity, DY, JH, MS & HH are on par. DY & JH are still young and inexperienced and their puppy love has yet to stand the test of time. I am more concerned about the bumpy road ahead of JH if he were to remain as an office worker like KS but with an influential and greedy in-law like CK. He will suffer much like YH in the Chae's family except on a smaller scale as MY will be his back-up. As it is, ET being the most sensible in his family is not impressed with JH if not for the sake of YH. MS, on the other hand has won CK's approval solely by his background since CK is simply superficial. It will, however, make life easier for DY if she could date/marry someone of the same social status since her family embraces her like a princess in an ivory tower. Otherwise, I can only imagine her defending JH her whole life.

5 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

I was thinking the same too. She was understandably upset (from her POV at least, even if we disagree with her), but when she "realized" (you can see the change in expression) ES is around and might be affected by the overall mood, she tried to calm herself and spoke to ES in a more reassuring manner. That indicates that she does have a good heart, but that her "love" for ET and (misguided) sense of propriety is twisting the way she perceives YH and the situation.

I think she treats ES with more consideration and care than auntie CHK did...

I love the little happy family that ET and YH make with ES. I'm bit sad for ET because ES is still not ready to accept him as her dad but he's the kindest man and I just know he's going to win her as a daughter, (real daughter if I may say I'm now a believer) besides ET's sister is about to give in and from the restaurant interaction I know she's going to love ES as much as everyones else already does, more because is her brother's baby (but I want her to love ES even before learning she's his real daughter) 

Two great episodes and a lot of things happened. 

Relationships are confusing things between ET and JH... but I'm not going to think about it today. DY's parents might not even let her date JH, so whatever by now.

Moonshik crushing on Dayeon is so sad to watch, but luckily he'll have a family to cheer him up when things get ugly (I know he's breaking in) and he makes a good team with JH and HS.

I'm glad SH's MIL likes her, no big conflict there and I don't know what is happening at their office but I'm glad she's happy in their house.

HH and her boss, cute. We need more Hyun-ha.

I just want more of ET and YH :heart:

2 hours ago, hmmmgood said:

Whoa, such strong reactions to my post.  I had no idea people hated MS so much.

I feel for MS actually. I had expected him to be the extreme jerk who is callous at heart because of his insecurity and that he would only be interested in MY's shares/money/inheritance for his own sake. But then again, this is a lighthearted family drama...hehe

Along the way, I do think he has his positive traits even in his insecurity. I feel he could have done worse (by kDrama standard) to JH at work if he was really mean and insecure, like sabotaging JH till he leaves, but so far, based on work scenes, he has been mostly professional when handling JH's work?

Most of his mean actions isn't really for himself as an individual but to fulfill his sense of completeness by having his family back together again. He wants all the shares not for him to have power but to bring his father back. He is against HS not because his inheritance will be affected (I was wondering for a while about this) by having an extra person to split inheritance with, but because HS's legal marriage with MY would dash his hopes of a reconciliation between her and his father.

I liked the conversation MY & MS had, after she and HS prepared dinner. MY commenting on her realization that MS never grumbled about how her cooking wasn't good or how he didn't want to do something or didn't like something, unlike other children usually do and then him admitting honestly he didn't know how to impress her except by being obedient but also adding that he saw no cause for complain because he found her food good enough to eat, though not incredibly delicious. It shows that he is a nice person at heart, not truly vindictive, and because he yearns for care, he latched on to DY along the way.

I think he and HH suit each other better though. Coz DY is generally too naive and won't be able to handle his "darker" side whereas HH would not hesitate to call him out for whatever rubbish he does. In a way, MS & HH are more equals while JH & DY are more equals. As for the sibling relations...If ET and YH plus JH & DY can be accepted even though we have an uncle/niece pairing with siblings (imagine ES's confusion at addressing JH & DY), then technically, MS can be "deregistered" from MY's household to be with HH?

@hmmmgood, considering how rough DY and JH’s current relationship started off, I would hardly call it magical that they’re dating now.

In the beginning JH treated DY like a nuisance and while she did put up with his harshness several times, she did give up on him at one point. She was forced to face that he had changed but continued to believe that the essential good qualities that she saw in him during their high school days were still there. When they started working together, they both started to learn from each other while getting to know each other better. To me DY regarded the job frivolously in the beginning but as she came into conflict with JH several times, she started to have a different perspective on the importance of the job to JH and her colleagues. DY to me has matured a lot since opening her mind to the importance of the job and contributing to the company. She’s now more creative and productive in her capacity at the job. That all started when JH told her that the job might not be important to her but the rest of them were risking their lives to keep that job. On the other hand, JH has seen how much DY has grown on the job with her hard work and enthusiastic attitude and it changed his opinion of her. The two of them, good natured as they are, naturally gravitate towards each other as they worked more as colleagues and got to know each other better. Not to mention the way DY kept encouraging JH it could hardly fail to leave a good impression on him. Still better, when JH discovered that DY was the person who encouraged him in high school when he was struggling with failure and again when he was struggling to find a job and again when he was working hard on the job, that can only serve to add further to the positive feelings he had already developed for DY. To me these two are growing together and i find them well suited to each other with a solid foundation of friendship from which to build a healthy relationship. I just hope her parents don’t give them too much of a hard time.

Part of my issue with the childhood crush then happily married ever after trope is that the person with the crush usually has to undergo some drastic changes. most of it superficial.  Some of it can be positive such as more self-confidence.  Most times it's more shallow which is the case of DY.  She lost a lot of weight and underwent cosmetic surgery to achieve her current appearance.  It would have been different if she lost weight, because she really got into running or something and that led her to make positive changes.   However I think through her job, she's gaining confidence and growing up in general. 

I wonder if JH would have fallen for her if she looked like her old self (or would she have been friend-zoned for life). Strangely, I think MS would have liked her regardless of her appearance.  I thought  it was interesting that MY mentioned that MS didn't go for flashy, pretty girls.  

As for HH, she's just too shallow which MS isn't.  He has serious issues, but being shallow doesn't seem to be one of them.  

@chubbz The many interconnected pairings are too much.  This drama is pushing it which is saying something since kdramas love "coincidence."  What will they call each other if both pairs got married?  Which honorific will prevail?  

Archived