[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

4 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@lan_lan what did he say to her??? Please tell us!!!

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Spoiler

SC: I'm not prepared yet...

MS: If I give you time to prepare, you'll surely run away

SC(to herself): He's figured me out

MS: You really have no idea... that this expression of yours...makes me the most sensitive. (t/n: that's a direct trans, but in other words, it turns him on haha)

Then after the kiss, DMS being DMS killed the mood for a girl...<_<

MS: Shancai, you're too short.  I have to bend all the way down like this

SC: Who asked you to do this everytime?

MS: Why don't you lift your head up higher... so that I can also hug you?

SC: I'm so nervous I could die... how can I still think about that?

MS: What do you have to be nervous about?  Not even just a little bit...(ref. to cooperating for a better kissing position).  Be more confident for me.

Full long preview of episodes 33 + 34

Spoiler

Extra preview:

Spoiler

The start of the arc when he called the police on her because he couldn't find her for a whole day lmao.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lan_lan said:

A direct translation of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Thank you very much for uploading this :blush:. I am very curious what SC and DMS are talking about after kissing? I thought talking about a very romantic thing (I saw at IG many people thought wildly haha), and it turned out that they were actually discussing height and maybe this would trigger a sweet fight :lol:. PD-nim please give them lots of romantic dating scenes, it will be a power saving for all of us before facing the next conflict

2 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Hi everyone. 

This is my first post here.. 

I've always loved MG since the Taiwan version in 2001 and watched all versions beside Chinese one (Meteor Shower)..this remake made me anxious at first but fortunately it's good hehe 

Welcome
I'm also new here, just like you I've followed all versions
I'm also worried but thankfully so far it's been pretty good

6 minutes ago, qqbr21 said:

Welcome
I'm also new here, just like you I've followed all versions
I'm also worried but thankfully so far it's been pretty good

Thankfully it didn't ruin the original version haha. 

Though I hve some complaints about some scenes which were touching in the original version, but it was made funny here.. The scenes when A Si looks for Sanchai frantically when he heard she was kicked out of her house, then the hugging scenes after Sanchai got off the bus.. Something are missing in the remake of those scenes. 

28 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Though I hve some complaints about some scenes which were touching in the original version, but it was made funny here.. The scenes when A Si looks for Sanchai frantically when he heard she was kicked out of her house, then the hugging scenes after Sanchai got off the bus.. Something are missing in the remake of those scenes. 

You're right, especially for a preview next week. in the MG Taiwan version 1, the Bus scene is the turning point of the SC to honestly love DM no matter the obstacles that will come but in MG 2018 not only hugs are lost but there are police who spoil the atmosphere (But it must be very funny, let's see if they have to make peace in the police station) :lol:. Some people in the IG tell that MG 2018 follows more of the manga storyline

5 hours ago, lan_lan said:

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

Full long preview of episodes 33 + 34

Extra preview:

I don't care if that spoils it for me. MAN! I AM EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK EPISODES!!! :lol::joy: 

If I was Ah Si I would call the police to look for her, too. Lol! It all just shows us that that's how much he loves her.

Pictures of after getting out of the police station..?

Spoiler

Credit to instagram owner dylanwangchina

49 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I don't care if that spoils it for me. MAN! I AM EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK EPISODES!!! :lol::joy: 

If I was Ah Si I would call the police to look for her, too. Lol! It all just shows us that that's how much he loves her.

Pictures of after getting out of the police station..? 

Ahh, thank you, I also saw it at IG. See how they stare at each other, seem to miss each other ( very sweet :blush:)

Hey guys why are you all excited about that bus scene??? Because I remember in the k version, that is one of the most painful scene. Jandi leaves him after a perfect last date and he chases after the bus and then cries sitting in the middle of the road. Ermmm is it different in the original manga??? Ok I know I'm asking for a spoiler here, lol, I can tell from your reactions that it's a happy reunion scene, I'm looking forward it. @lan_lan I swear I didn't open that spoiler box. Eeeeeeee

@rimjayc As usual, love your little recap, complete with cute Ah Si screen caps. Hehe. I loved that when he was preaching the F3 to have a serious relationship for once. Hahaha. You see how giddy he is, it makes the breakup that much more heartbreaking. To see him lifeless and empty....gahhhh, then since the breakup is such painful, the reunion will be soooo rewarding and then we go for another breakup. It's a vicious cycle and we are all trapped in it. Sighhhh. 

OFC ill still manage to catch that kiss scene somewhere !!! 

Its everywhere and everybody is hyped xD 

Spoiler

but hey while evetybody is interested about what they talk about right after 

(what ends up being a classic sixsc cute fight about hight / thanks @lan_lan you’re a savior xD) im curious about what happened RIGHT befor ! 

How did they endup alone ? And what made sc say « im not prepared yet » ? Prepared for what ? The kiss ? Them coming back together ?

also ive been reReading the manga 

and im kinda close to the following 

in the original work rui do actually really fall in love with makino once again 

and even kiss her at some point managing to figure out that his feelings were more than friendship

Spoiler

5ed29bf4334db4fad312475df1ee4152e6c46b96

Spoiler

cc0d8732d97c6f898996b2bbdaa642454b2e99f4

Spoiler

549f529a79d2925a5e5fa70be4c2d4c5649ece2b

I kinda wonder how its gonna turnout in this version !?

are they gonna make his feelings legit 

or is he just gonna try to play daredevil by provoking Si jealousy ( we all know its not that hard xD )for him to realise his feelings and motivation back ? 

7 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I think the show has decided to cut and take from those moments and shuffle it around to other scenes so it’ll have more impact?  Instead of repeating them.  It looked like those two things you mentioned(frantically looking and emotional hug) are now a part of next week’s eps before the bus and after the police station. 

@rimjayc was that Rui scene before or after amnesia?  I wonder if the show will go there at all because right now I don’t feel at all any romantic feelings from Lei. Or maybe the OTP’s pull is too strong. I remember my second lead syndrome was so bad during BoF that by the end I was so disappointed she didn’t end up with Jihoo. Also because I had no idea about the original story then and knew no better than to root for them lol. 

You’re welcome everyone. Glad I can help ease the wait until next week. @kokodus good job on resisting. It’ll be so worth it. I wish I never got spoiled but I have no self control lol.

As for the bus scene now I’ve realized that was a kdrama touch.  I’m so glad it never actually was that way. That was just cruel and would’ve made me hate Shancai for real. I hate that kdrama trope of giving someone the perfect date before dumping/leaving them.  It’s like giving me a piece of cake, letting me have a bite to see how delicious it is, then taking it away. That’s making it worse. Just don’t give it to me in the first place!

Omg there are too many bts showing for next week and I don’t wanna see it!  :lol: 

I only want bts spoilers if the episodes will be painful so it will not affect me that much anymore once I start watching those frustrating episodes.. But if the episodes will be good then I would not want to spoil myself with those bts so it will be more exciting once I start watching that complete happy episodes 

26 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

Omg there are too many bts showing for next week and I don’t wanna see it!  :lol: 

I only want bts spoilers if the episodes will be painful so it will not affect me that much anymore once I start watching those frustrating episodes.. But if the episodes will be good then I would not want to spoil myself with those bts so it will be more exciting once I start watching that complete happy episodes 

Exactly my friend!!!! That is why I was scouring the internet for spoilers this week, because I know it would be a painful week. Hehe. But now that I know we are near to happiness again, I suddenly don't want to know the details. I want to watch it for myself. 

3 hours ago, lan_lan said:

@rimjayc was that Rui scene before or after amnesia?  I wonder if the show will go there at all because right now I don’t feel at all any romantic feelings from Lei. Or maybe the OTP’s pull is too strong. I remember my second lead syndrome was so bad during BoF that by the end I was so disappointed she didn’t end up with Jihoo. Also because I had no idea about the original story then and knew no better than to root for them lol. 

This was actually few chaps befor the memory loss arc ( this is chap 29/30 where domiyoji is in newyork( london for us the meteorgarden) he and makino havent been talkin for awhile and she decides out of the blue that she misses him like hell , packs and goes to newyork

rui join her soon after ... and there he descovers his feelings and how he just had to follow her tonewyork instinctly 

> then the kiss , confession ect

by chapter 33/34 that where domiyoji comeback to japan and the memory loss arc starts 

@kokodus im gaining a new respect for you avoiding spoilers ect 

Show me how sempai xD

Can I just say this?? I lurrrrrrve Huaze Lei!!!!!!!! LOL. I know I can't believe I'm saying this, but he really is gaining a lot of love from me for selflessly supporting both Si and SC through their breakup. He is the only sounding board, who tells what is right and wrong. I love love love that scene where he comes and ask Si to help for Mei Zuo's love. I love how he is the only one who can crack open Si's stone heart and Si listens only to him. Love their relationship to bits. Forget CaiSi, from today on I'm a firm LeiSi shipper. HAHAHAHAHA. 

@rimjaychahaha I've seen all the spoilers that are to be seen before deciding that I won't see anymore. LOLOL. I'm a mess, really. I said this before to one of my soompi friend "there are no spoiler boxes in this soompi that are left not opened by me" spoilers attract me. But I'm really trying hard to avoid them now. I restrained myself from checking this thread every 15 mins today. That is a huge step. LOL. And I also distracted myself from watching other things. 

I’m so thankful Netflix edited out some of that noodle montage in ep.28 that was literally Meizhou explaining how to to make the noodles and how much meat that comes with it. It was so disruptive to the live version. 

14 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

I’m so thankful Netflix edited out some of that noodle montage in ep.28 that was literally Meizhou explaining how to to make the noodles and how much meat that comes with it. It was so disruptive to the live version. 

Thank goodness, I was already starting to doubt whether I'm watching Meteor garden or extended commercials. I was skipping all the Caina scenes, but of course I couldn't skip this part where my boys are in school  uniform looking dashing as ever. Sigh. Seriously they went overboard this week. That online second hand store PPL was also too painful to watch. 

So I've seen up to Netflix ep. 29: Loved it when Shancai took the initiative and kissed Si! Too cute. And I agree with others here-the camera angle during their walk was so cool! So sad with the breakup in the rain-:tears: However, I like it that in this version she tells Si the reason she is breaking up with him is because of his Mom's threats against her friends. In the Korea version she just leaves him and gets on the bus.

Monkey girl is back and I'm liking her character. It was nice to see her interacting with the gang. It did make me wish we could have seen more of the development of her friendship with Shancai, just so her re-appearance would have a bit more weight to it and not seem quite so random.

Caina/Meizou: Once again, it felt draggy and I wasn't feeling too sympathetic towards Caina. Girl, make up your mind already! Terence: What do you see in this young woman? Was the sex really that great during your holiday romance/one night stand?  As for the schoolboy/schoolgirl montage--What in the heck did I just watch??!-Hahahahaha! LOL! What a waste of precious minutes. Just when I though this story was finally wrapping up, no, another misunderstanding. Please let it wrap up next episode. The writers better do a way better job with the Ximen/Xiaoyou storyline. 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Thank goodness, I was already starting to doubt whether I'm watching Meteor garden or extended commercials. I was skipping all the Caina scenes, but of course I couldn't skip this part where my boys are in school  uniform looking dashing as ever. Sigh. Seriously they went overboard this week. That online second hand store PPL was also too painful to watch. 

Omg I was cringing hard for that second hand store.  There’s more blatant ones to come and completely irrelevant to the scenes.  The next ones will be just texts that randomly pop up on screen during a scene.  I have no idea what they were advertising since subs never bothered to explain but I read someone saying it was for a restaurant opening.  I really hope those get cut out too. 

The best thing about that montage was SiLei playing with each other  :relaxed: 

@Table122000 I wouldn’t have even minded the extra Caina scenes if it made sense.  Why not use Tianye as the third leg in that triangle. I definitely felt the SiCai separation anticipating when they were going to have scenes again. But that uncle just randomly came out of nowhere.  The only thing that got me through those scenes was getting F3/4 moments interspersed throughout. I can’t emphasized enough how in love I am with their bromance in this version. 

Archived