[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

7 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@feliset LOL I feel bad for Meizuo because he certainly got the short end of the stick when it comes to style! It was especially worse during the C and T scenes! I was like, "No wonder Caina was not attracted to you!" kekeke

DS is my favourite too! They dress him so well! Did you guys notice that when he's most eccentrically dressed when he has his pineapple hair? Still looks amazing but I noticed that he is more conservatively dressed when he does not have his pineapple hair. I just love all of his looks! I was going to include all of my fave looks but there's just too many.. LOL

@kokodus Hahaha! Me too!  I was like, "Nooooo!!" I would've really liked it if they were able to consummate their love on that island. But I also would really love it if we got a wedding scene and a first night scene. Swwoooonn! 

I was wondering about DS' secret plan too. It must have something to do with that scene where SC is all dressed up in a bridal gown and he's pointing mischievously at her and she ends up throwing a shoe at him? I'm just so excited to see all of next week's episodes! 

It's funny that we all know it will be a happy ending and yet we're all here speculating how the rest of it is going to pan out.

I love his pineapple hair outfits!! That fuzzy black/purple sweater towards the beginning of the show when he drops off her coat. His AWESOME jacket/coat collection lol. And then I love his non pineapple hair outfits too.. he looks so well put together. Loved his look when he threw the necklace and during the bus scene. I just love every single outfit of his really. I'd love if someone put together a compilation.

About the wedding, I just saw this teaser for ep 45 on twitter. Maybe the beginning of a plan?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone calls him "Ah Si" but Shan Cai still calls by his his full name "Dao Ming Si". I wish SC calls him Ah Si dearly once. But I know I shouldnt expect much from a couple who uses words like stupid, silly girl, Idiot boy as terms of endearments. LOL. 

@feliset That part was already shown in the Netflix 43. So NF is currently 10 to 15 mins ahead of the TV version. Hehehe. 

19 minutes ago, feliset said:

I love his pineapple hair outfits!! That fuzzy black/purple sweater towards the beginning of the show when he drops off her coat. His AWESOME jacket/coat collection lol. And then I love his non pineapple hair outfits too.. he looks so well put together. Loved his look when he threw the necklace and during the bus scene. I just love every single outfit of his really. I'd love if someone put together a compilation.

About the wedding, I just saw this teaser for ep 45 on twitter. Maybe the beginning of a plan?

OMG I love that black/purple sweater too, he looked so soft in it and especially since it was the first scene we saw him without his pineapple hair, he looked exceptionally good. I love it when people find out what he's wearing and posts it Twitter, however I almost fainted when I found out that Off White sweater costs over $1000 USD. My other absolute favorite is his leather jacket look when he gave SC the necklace, he be looking like a whole Chinese James Dean.

Also love how Lei described his relationship with Jing. It was bittersweet but I still have hopes for them...Let's see. 

Dylan Wang looks stunning in everything, he was totally dreamy in leather jackets. I would say, his "no shirt" look is the most unflattering among all, boy needs to put up some muscles. Lol. 

hello, i'm new here and needed an outlet for all the feels this show is giving me :blush:

i love everything about MG 2018, especially Shan Cai's family in this version. and of course the new AND IMPROVED (in my opinion) SC and DMS. i've seen the old version, and i never fully understood DMS's affection for SC and vice versa although i loved that show and used to cry whenever i missed a single episode lol but this new version is more relatable and sweet... i don't know how to explain... but the characters are more lovable in this one. 

52 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Also love how Lei described his relationship with Jing. It was bittersweet but I still have hopes for them...Let's see. 

Dylan Wang looks stunning in everything, he was totally dreamy in leather jackets. I would say, his "no shirt" look is the most unflattering among all, boy needs to put up some muscles. Lol. 

@kokodus hahahaha! I totally agree! When he came out from the ocean catching squid... yeah... he needs to put on some muscles. LOL

But yes, totally dreamy in ANYTHING he wears! Honestly, every time I watch MG, I think to myself, "How the heck does SC refrain herself from touching/kissing DS?!" If it were me, I'd be caressing his face and kissing him all the time. hehehehe

1 minute ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus hahahaha! I totally agree! When he came out from the ocean catching squid... yeah... he needs to put on some muscles. LOL

But yes, totally dreamy in ANYTHING he wears! Honestly, every time I watch MG, I think to myself, "How the heck does SC refrain herself from touching/kissing DS?!" If it were me, I'd be caressing his face and kissing him all the time. hehehehe

I know right? I haven't seen the new eps yet but that's what I love about the island arc in the manga. Her sexual awareness of him heightens so much in this arc and I totally love it lol. like these pages:

Spoiler

MR-19995-321051-16.jpg

MR-19995-321051-17.jpg

MR-19995-321051-18.jpg

squeeeee lol. I'm so sad it seems like they really rushed the island arc from what you guys are saying! I was sooo excited for it.

14 minutes ago, myinnerbattles said:

hello, i'm new here and needed an outlet for all the feels this show is giving me :blush:

i love everything about MG 2018, especially Shan Cai's family in this version. and of course the new AND IMPROVED (in my opinion) SC and DMS. i've seen the old version, and i never fully understood DMS's affection for SC and vice versa although i loved that show and used to cry whenever i missed a single episode lol but this new version is more relatable and sweet... i don't know how to explain... but the characters are more lovable in this one. 

I remember watching the old version and being so frustrated with SC, I always felt she was way too confrontational. She still frustrates me a little in this version, but they did a much better job of letting us see things from her perspective. The story always showed how much he does to express his love for her which makes the audience really root for him. I really like a lot of the inner dialogue SC has which gives us a better idea of her internal conflict. I also really liked the scene with of him acting up at her HS reunion, which is kind of unforgivable for any normal person. That is why I didn't mind as much that it took a whole 30 something episodes for them to finally get together. I honestly feel like a lot of things make more sense this time around.

12 minutes ago, rocky689 said:

I remember watching the old version and being so frustrated with SC, I always felt she was way too confrontational. She still frustrates me a little in this version, but they did a much better job of letting us see things from her perspective. The story always showed how much he does to express his love for her which makes the audience really root for him. I really like a lot of the inner dialogue SC has which gives us a better idea of her internal conflict. I also really liked the scene with of him acting up at her HS reunion, which is kind of unforgivable for any normal person. That is why I didn't mind as much that it took a whole 30 something episodes for them to finally get together. I honestly feel like a lot of things make more sense this time around.

Thank you for reminding me of that scene. I keep thinking DS is so perfect this time around but him ruining her reunion really was not cool. Although I hate that it came right after the Canada rescue episode. At the time watching it, I was kind of mad at SC's initial reaction to seeing him show up at her reunion considering what they had just been through.

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

I'm in the middle of watching 42 and I just came here to say one thing.......can we all appreciate how much of a protective and caring and reliable boyfriend he is.....he opened her Yakult bottle!!!!!! Hahahahaha. I melted. Omg why are you so good, Si??? Sighhhh. I wish the island arc lasts long....

I agree he is totally attentive as a boyfriend to her and you see it from the moment he realizes he likes her. When they meet up after she gets his appliances, he has a juice waiting for her and wipes her mouth when she spits out her drink. This is juxtaposed when she goes out on the date with Lei and spits out the water and he grabs a napkin to wipe himself and not her and she makes a brief look like she noticed the difference. Same think with the Lei date where he shows up in "unusual" clothes and says he just put on whatever. And, Si clearly dressed up for their 1st date. There are so many examples of him like this and to be fair Lei is better about it later. But, the difference is clear. Si is unambiguous about how much he cares for her from the start!

A total unrelated question...is Ah Si his actual first name or just Si? Is the Ah a part of the name or a term of endearment?

BY NOW im convinced even if daoming si and sanshai travel to africa or australia or like the moon for their honey moon

Spoiler

Bcuz yes he said to lei he wants to marry sc ( it felt like he was asking for is aprouval ? I mean we all know the real otp is SixLei Lol)

AND IM SO READY FOR A PROPOSAL AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT

AND STILL someone would still find them 

when they are about to consume 

and bother xD

28 minutes ago, feliset said:

Thank you for reminding me of that scene. I keep thinking DS is so perfect this time around but him ruining her reunion really was not cool. Although I hate that it came right after the Canada rescue episode. At the time watching it, I was kind of mad at SC's initial reaction to seeing him show up at her reunion considering what they had just been through.

HAHAHA...reminds me of an interview they did where Dylan was asked about which scene he thought was the most ridiculous, and he said Shan Cai thanking Lei for pouring wine on the girl, but not even a thank you for the guy who risked his own life to save her. Dylan said his heart broke for DMS.

14 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

I agree he is totally attentive as a boyfriend to her and you see it from the moment he realizes he likes her. When they meet up after she gets his appliances, he has a juice waiting for her and wipes her mouth when she spits out her drink. This is juxtaposed when she goes out on the date with Lei and spits out the water and he grabs a napkin to wipe himself and not her and she makes a brief look like she noticed the difference. Same think with the Lei date where he shows up in "unusual" clothes and says he just put on whatever. And, Si clearly dressed up for their 1st date. There are so many examples of him like this and to be fair Lei is better about it later. But, the difference is clear. Si is unambiguous about how much he cares for her from the start!

A total unrelated question...is Ah Si his actual first name or just Si? Is the Ah a part of the name or a term of endearment?

I guess Si, because Daoming isn't even a real Chinese last name, it's just a translation from the actual Japanese name from the manga. There are 3 ways Chinese people say the name of something they are close with, and they very rarely say a person's first and last name like SC still does with DMS, especially with 3 character names. I guess it depends on which one rolls better off the tongue

1. add Ah in front of the last word like Ah Si (used mainly for guys)

2. Double one of the words from that person's first name like how people use Didi instead of Wang Hedi for Dylan

3. Use Xiao which means little in front of one of the words in either the first or last name

5 hours ago, kokodus said:

I'm in the middle of watching 42 and I just came here to say one thing.......can we all appreciate how much of a protective and caring and reliable boyfriend he is.....he opened her Yakult bottle!!!!!! Hahahahaha. I melted. Omg why are you so good, Si??? Sighhhh. I wish the island arc lasts long....

Omg ahh I died at that Yakult scene too :bawling:  It just shows how comfortable they are with each other and able to anticipate each other's needs. Idk why but it kinda reminds me of how everyone was freaking out about Peter moving the popcorn in the pillow fight in To All the Boys I've Loved Before hahaha. 

26 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

In Chinese it's common to add Ah in front of single character names as a nickname. So "Si" becomes "Ah Si"

^ Looks like @rocky689 answered the question better!

7 hours ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 @7psyche7 I'm forgiving NF for making me wait before, I soooooooo love them for uploading 2 eps today. 

yeess the yakult bottle!!! i squealed like a crazy person just because of that! they had so many big, against-all-odds moments, but that was so precious. in its simplicity and the fact that lovers in real life do that for each other, and i'm not even sure if i'm making sense, but urgh... SO.FRIGGIN.SWEET. :heart:

It has become a task for me to do marathon youtube search to find/watch new vids of this drama and the cast on every Fridays after finishing with my weekdays. I basically spend my weekends watching/rewatching MG eps and related vids, lol. I'm not sure what I'm going to do week after next week. This is the very first Chinese drama that I've watched without waiting for it to be aired/subbed/reviewed/rated completely.

Anyways, here is a video of their full performance + some additional cuts.

Even though all of us, if not most of us want DyShen ship to sail in real life,

gXWAmCQ.jpg

b4Gb6Xi.jpg

ec7cL07.jpg

I also notice that a lot of people, including me (surprised myself, lol) want this ship to sail in real life too.

CGX981i.jpg

Spoiler

SOIs9FT.jpg

gJ9EWip.jpg

UAI6LAS.jpg

dzWgFFc.jpg

zEO56Qw.jpg

B8i8F55.jpg

uDk1dbs.jpg

nyOo7UD.jpg

7YPul5K.jpg

9JEiA6x.jpg

pM2Rmst.jpg

TblkQ05.jpg

uRkstbt.jpg

I2eQLRa.jpg

uBFBGfL.jpg

y0VhMpN.jpg

xPbxe8w.jpg

bvKCMfQ.jpg

I also thought this was hilarious.

wi6cVKq.jpg

Credits to all the uploaders!

1 hour ago, lulu2018 said:

Omg ahh I died at that Yakult scene too :bawling:  It just shows how comfortable they are with each other and able to anticipate each other's needs. Idk why but it kinda reminds me of how everyone was freaking out about Peter moving the popcorn in the pillow fight in To All the Boys I've Loved Before hahaha. 

I thought about that carefree « icare about my girl » side peter have in tatbilb TOO  :wub:

23 hours ago, kokodus said:

As for whether it's Dylan's portrayal that makes Si more likable, i would definitely say yes! But I have fallen for Tsukasa in every other version as well, no SLS for me, it's hard to dislike a character that undergoes massive growth throughout the course of the show because of love. @mouse007 I'm surprised that you didn't like Matsu jun's portrayal of Tsukasa, well it was not a love at first sight for me as well, but I came to gradually love him by the end of season 1 and it was full on obsession by second season. LOL. I loved him to bits. I think unless portrayed by a really bad actor this character is hard to mess up with. Every actor who played this role had their own take on how Tsuakasa would be and I have loved all of them. 

This!! This is happen to me as well when I saw MatsuJun in HYD lol :D. At first I keep wondering why they cast him as Tsukasa but then I can't think of another actor who play Tsukasa than him since he played the character very very well; childish, arrogant and I find his bad English is amusing. I love him in season 1 and love him even more in season 2 and the final movie :kiss_wink:.

I agree with you that all actor that played the role of Dao Ming Si/ Doumyoji Tsukasa have their own way and their own charm to play the character that make us love them for it.

To be honest I didn't have any expectation when watched this new version for the first time. I was watching another remake by Kdrama based on my fave US series but the story was dissapointed and I actually was a bit afraid I will feel the same way with MG2018. The reason I watched it was because I loved TW, JP and KR version. I was surprised that after watched the first 3 eps for the 2nd time (yes, 2nd time lol) I became addicted to this drama. Dylan really portrait the role of Dao Ming Si flawlessly, especially in the forced-kiss scene on the rooftop. I can feel Shancai's fear when angry Ah Si confront her. His acting was really good there that made me think, wow, this is really a Dao Ming Si. His acting is getting better after that, and I'm happy that he was chosen as Dao Ming Si. Angie sure made a right decision :D

Archived