[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

On 8/23/2018 at 9:32 PM, kokodus said:

I also knew when I saw the posters that Dylan would be Tsukasa. Every cell in his body was screaming that he is your typical bad boy arrogant jerk Domoyouji Tsukasa. He definitely has that aura. Also let me be a little shallow here, I thought he was the most good looking among the four. LOL. Sadly I thought Ximen would be Lei and vice versa. Dunno thought CW had that Tsundere vibe while i remember Darren looking more playful. 

As for whether it's Dylan's portrayal that makes Si more likable, i would definitely say yes! But I have fallen for Tsukasa in every other version as well, no SLS for me, it's hard to dislike a character that undergoes massive growth throughout the course of the show because of love. @mouse007 I'm surprised that you didn't like Matsu jun's portrayal of Tsukasa, well it was not a love at first sight for me as well, but I came to gradually love him by the end of season 1 and it was full on obsession by second season. LOL. I loved him to bits. I think unless portrayed by a really bad actor this character is hard to mess up with. Every actor who played this role had their own take on how Tsuakasa would be and I have loved all of them. 

@kokodus sorry, don't know how I missed this so I'm just replying now... 

I actually have not seen the J version in its entirety hence probably why I have not fallen for Matsu  Jun. I have seen bits and pieces of it and I think a large part of why I haven't seen the entire thing is because I wasn't crazy for him in the first few episodes. I didn't know about the J version until I was already in the middle of the K version and I was so into Lee Minho at that point. LOL 

BUT, you bet I will be watching the entire J version (seasons 1 and 2) after this!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rimjayc said:

I thought about that carefree « icare about my girl » side peter have in tatbilb TOO  :wub:

@rimjayc LOL is the MG fandom also into To All The Boys I've Loved Before on NF? I had previously read and  loved the books so I watched the movie when it came out. 

The Yakult scene was so endearing for sure! It was just so natural for DS to do it for SC.

6 hours ago, bccem99 said:

I agree he is totally attentive as a boyfriend to her and you see it from the moment he realizes he likes her. When they meet up after she gets his appliances, he has a juice waiting for her and wipes her mouth when she spits out her drink. This is juxtaposed when she goes out on the date with Lei and spits out the water and he grabs a napkin to wipe himself and not her and she makes a brief look like she noticed the difference. Same think with the Lei date where he shows up in "unusual" clothes and says he just put on whatever. And, Si clearly dressed up for their 1st date. There are so many examples of him like this and to be fair Lei is better about it later. But, the difference is clear. Si is unambiguous about how much he cares for her from the start!

A total unrelated question...is Ah Si his actual first name or just Si? Is the Ah a part of the name or a term of endearment?

@bccem99 Totally agree with you here. I think that although Lei was nice to SC right from the beginning, it wasn't as if he was paying any special attention to her. He was still so consumed with Jing and all of his thoughts were of Jing. He was simply being a good guy, helping a girl. However, when SC yelled at him and encouraged him to go to Paris to pursue Jing, he realized that SC really cared for him and I think that's what led him to open up to her after he came back. I think he does love SC, perhaps only as a dear friend and "pet" as he puts it, but it grew slowly over time and as he got to know her better, he became more sensitive and attentive to her. I think the fact that Lei also knows how important SC is to DS makes him want to take care of her even more.

And yes, after DS realized he liked her, he was totally attentive to her. He just didn't know how to express himself or handle his feelings properly in the beginning and he came off as an arrogant and selfish bully to SC. I think this is why it took so long for SC to fall for DS. But what I like about DS is that he's an "all or nothing" kinda guy. Once he realized he liked SC, he always gave it his best shot and was relentless in pursuing her. 

I was just re-watching some of the earlier episodes and the episode where SC falls sick and DS visits her at home was lovely for me. It's the first time we get a sense that there's more to DS than meets the eye. He visits her bringing a basket of fruits as a present and he was so polite and so well-behaved and sincere with her parents. It was also the first time SC saw a different side of him because she even thought to herself that she's never seen him so polite and that he ate everything in his bowl. It was just really sweet. 

Of course we had to mention Peter Kavinsky when talking about Protective, caring boyfriends. Haha. 

4 hours ago, myinnerbattles said:

yeess the yakult bottle!!! i squealed like a crazy person just because of that! they had so many big, against-all-odds moments, but that was so precious. in its simplicity and the fact that lovers in real life do that for each other, and i'm not even sure if i'm making sense, but urgh... SO.FRIGGIN.SWEET. :heart:

Ikr??? It's just a small thing and he has done much more things for, but I don't know why that Yakult bottle scene got me like crazy. I screamed!!! Hahahaha. 

@elle_cha Yes!!!! HYD is my very first J drama and I was so hesitant to pick that up because I couldn't imagine anyone else playing GJP. But it was my friend who insisted that I would absolutely love it and it's far better than BOF. Hehe. She was so right!!!! Matsu Jun as Tsukasa is definitely one of the best!!! I can still hear him shouting "Maaaaakino" in my ears. He was soooo loud. LOL. And who can forget his "Humming yay" HAHAHAHA. 

@mouse007 You should totally give the J version another try. It's one of the best. You should also watch the movie. They island arc and the wedding comes only in the movie. It is the most cute, most satisfying love story I have ever seen. And I'm sure you will come to love Matsu jun's Tsuakas. It's hard to dislike the most stupid, most childish, most loving porcupine ever. Hahaha. 

36 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Of course we had to mention Peter Kavinsky when talking about Protective, caring boyfriends. Haha. 

Ikr??? It's just a small thing and he has done much more things for, but I don't know why that Yakult bottle scene got me like crazy. I screamed!!! Hahahaha. 

@elle_cha Yes!!!! HYD is my very first J drama and I was so hesitant to pick that up because I couldn't imagine anyone else playing GJP. But it was my friend who insisted that I would absolutely love it and it's far better than BOF. Hehe. She was so right!!!! Matsu Jun as Tsukasa is definitely one of the best!!! I can still hear him shouting "Maaaaakino" in my ears. He was soooo loud. LOL. And who can forget his "Humming yay" HAHAHAHA. 

@mouse007 You should totally give the J version another try. It's one of the best. You should also watch the movie. They island arc and the wedding comes only in the movie. It is the most cute, most satisfying love story I have ever seen. And I'm sure you will come to love Matsu jun's Tsuakas. It's hard to dislike the most stupid, most childish, most loving porcupine ever. Hahaha. 

@kokodus I had to laugh when you guys mentioned Peter Kavinsky because it certainly seems all of us here have a certain type. hehehe

Don't worry, I will definitely give the J version another try. Everyone seems to agree that it's one of the best versions and everyone can't be wrong! 

I love that part when he goes and ruins her high school reunion because it emphasize the fact that no matter how much of a pain in the richard simmons he is sometimes, she would still forgive him and be with him. LOL. 

@mouse007 I also love that scene when he visits her home for the first time and behaves like the most polite and obedient kid ever. LOL. And their little talk outside where he couldn't even bring himself to ask her out properly. And the best part is when he calls her tiny girl, dunno about others but that was downright adorable to me. I'm restricting myself from going back and rewatching the most early eps because anyways I'm going to rewatch the whole thing when it ends and I wish I don't remember all the details well so that when I watch it for the second time I could fall in love even more. Hehehe.  I know it doesn't make sense. 

so waaay back on august 9 or thereabouts, Wotad asked me which Taiwan drama had Joseph Cheng <3 and the amnesia plotline... sorry, it was a film, which I don't remember the name of - I got it mixed with the drama he was in that I was watching... the one with the drunken marriage with the hotel supervisor. The film was where his ex wife has an accident and doesn't remember their divorce, blah blah.. tragic ending. I only watch because I like our Joseph... don't tell my hubby!

I kept watching Meteor garden in the end, because of Wu Xie Ze… can't get enough

Completely off topic, can anyone tell me the name of the actor in Taiwanese 'Love You' drama, the one who was trying to date Shi Yun (??? the GM's sister) for revenge? Super sexy... I can probably find out myself, but I guess you guys are the experts!

5 hours ago, jianjianjian said:

so waaay back on august 9 or thereabouts, Wotad asked me which Taiwan drama had Joseph Cheng <3 and the amnesia plotline... sorry, it was a film, which I don't remember the name of - I got it mixed with the drama he was in that I was watching... the one with the drunken marriage with the hotel supervisor. The film was where his ex wife has an accident and doesn't remember their divorce, blah blah.. tragic ending. I only watch because I like our Joseph... don't tell my hubby!

I kept watching Meteor garden in the end, because of Wu Xie Ze… can't get enough

Completely off topic, can anyone tell me the name of the actor in Taiwanese 'Love You' drama, the one who was trying to date Shi Yun (??? the GM's sister) for revenge? Super sexy... I can probably find out myself, but I guess you guys are the experts!

My bad... not 'Love you' ... it was 'love now'... I think 'love you' was the one with the drunken marriage. I get them all mixed up as they all have bad plots, amnesia, drunkenness, piggy backs, revenge, outrageous contrived co-incidences, unabashed childishness from all parties, rescues from highly unlikely situations, at least one hospitaliztion, and everyone kissing as if they were corpses...

METEOR GARDEN.... is even worse because it's becoming even more like an extended advertorial than it already was... and I'm getting really bored. Can't help myself though, I'm fast forwarding to all the scenes with Wu Xie Ze. If I were young again...

I just love how we have shared fandoms by now ! XD

And how can you not relate peter to si ... i mean they are not the same but 

they do share qualities alot of us fancy in here i guess (caring ; soft for their girl , stubborn when it comes to love ect)

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

I love that part when he goes and ruins her high school reunion because it emphasize the fact that no matter how much of a pain in the richard simmons he is sometimes, she would still forgive him and be with him. LOL. 

@mouse007 I also love that scene when he visits her home for the first time and behaves like the most polite and obedient kid ever. LOL. And their little talk outside where he couldn't even bring himself to ask her out properly. And the best part is when he calls her tiny girl, dunno about others but that was downright adorable to me. I'm restricting myself from going back and rewatching the most early eps because anyways I'm going to rewatch the whole thing when it ends and I wish I don't remember all the details well so that when I watch it for the second time I could fall in love even more. Hehehe.  I know it doesn't make sense. 

@kokodus oh yes! 

"hey, your house is over there tiny girl" :love:

Btw, whatever happened to his butler? He's been gone since Mrs. Yu appeared and I kinda miss him. He seemed kinda nice and I was hoping he'd play a bigger role.

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

After they watch the sunset together, when they get up to leave, he takes his shoes and HERS TOO. Isnt it swoony??? Omg I don't know why I find everything he does to be very swoony. God save me. 

@kokodus you're not alone! I find everything he does for her swoony! When he puts on her hat for her by the bridge and when they have their date in the snow and they go inside the phone booth and he warms up her hands... ughhhhhh kill me! 

16 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus you're not alone! I find everything he does for her swoony! When he puts on her hat for her by the bridge and when they have their date in the snow and they go inside the phone booth and he warms up her hands... ughhhhhh kill me! 

Also when he ties her shoelaces....gosh just the way he looks at her melts me every single time. 

So now her mom and dad also doesn't want them to be together. Too bad mom, they have gone past the level of just being ordinary friends. Lol. I hope there will be a scene where Si comes and officially asks her parents permission to marry her. I remember such a scene in the J version and Tsukasa embarrassingly messing it up. LOL. 

33 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Also when he ties her shoelaces....gosh just the way he looks at her melts me every single time. 

So now her mom and dad also doesn't want them to be together. Too bad mom, they have gone past the level of just being ordinary friends. Lol. I hope there will be a scene where Si comes and officially asks her parents permission to marry her. I remember such a scene in the J version and Tsukasa embarrassingly messing it up. LOL. 

@kokodus I really hope her mom doesn’t get in the way of their relationship. It’s enough they have to deal with his mom. Plus,  how can she not see that her daughter clearly loves DS so much? She has already endured so much just to be with him and she thinks she can convince her to just go back to being ordinary friends? 

Daoming Si... the kind of guy we all dream of... le sigh... :love:

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hahahahaa.... Oh my, that Humming Yay scene was soooooo funny lol. And so was all his bad Japanese scene hahaha. Said NBA instead of DNA :lol:.

Don't forget also the funny backhug scene in S2 that ended with Makino had to move in to his house and became his personal maid. I laugh really hard everytime I watch this scene :D

Who the hell is this Peter Kavinsky by the way?

Already saw the Yakult scene in twitter. It was so sweet. Can't wait to watch the whole eps :)

7 minutes ago, elle_cha said:

Hahahahaa.... Oh my, that Humming Yay scene was soooooo funny lol. And so was all his bad Japanese scene hahaha. Said NBA instead of DNA :lol:.

Don't forget also the funny backhug scene in S2 that ended with Makino had to move in to his house and became his personal maid. I laugh really hard everytime I watch this scene :D

Who the hell is this Peter Kavinsky by the way?

Already saw the Yakult scene in twitter. It was so sweet. Can't wait to watch the whole eps :)

@elle_cha Peter Kavinsky is the male lead in To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before which you can watch on Netflix. It’s the movie adaptation of the YA series with the same title by the author Jenny Han. Give it a watch! 

That I didn’t understand. I thought he was recovering from some major stab wound. Why did he look all hale and hearty? And he feigned amnesia to get her to confess out loud? Must be some surgery to have him strategize like that during the time he was supposedly hurt. Heh...drama magic. The drama sometimes moves too quickly much to its detriment. But I also like how it does not drag. The K version had that a little and the TW version was frustrating. 

The short musical they did was pretty nice. I liked the story. Reminded me a little of The Velveteen Rabbit with the toys coming to life and having issues with not being by a child’s side. Shen Yue looked very nice in her costume. The rest too. But not so much Dylan unfortunately  - that boy needs some muscles. Like his hair though - very medieval-knightly...keke.

Archived