[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

57 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@kokodus totally unexpected right? The entire MG fandom got fooled! It was the one arc everyone was dreading and anticipating and turns out, it wasn't happening in this version. LOL 

I wonder why they scrapped it though.. not that I'm complaining.. I'm just curious as to why they chose not to include the amnesia arc in this version when all the other versions included it.

Makes me worry a little as to what else is going to happen. I really hope they don't make him have a fake marriage with XZ. I feel like if DS is ever going to get married, it should be a real wedding with SC.

They scrapped it, because everyone collectively wanted to murder Angie Chai the producer for the abomination that was Meteor Garden 2 in which DMS had amnesia for almost the entire time, fell in love with Yesha and ignored Shan Cai. It's her way of repenting.

For the Xiyou shippers who haven't seen this yet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my absolute favourite kiss from the manga is this one when they're on the island. It's just so beautiful and I love that it's 100% mutual from both of them instead of Makino 'letting' Doumyoji kiss her. Anyone know if this is going to get adapted in the show?? I would die to see this lol. Plz plz plz let it happen.

Spoiler

2a742162cb83cb58b2643323a98b9783828751ee

ddd9717614d68168d6a1f5efd2090228f2c22d65

33ca5403d14248da397b7af2e70600d04cefc256

14bb664b4e262a4d1f1517a6f000453aa0f66201

e791675244533e8f89d0858b039d2ce5e67abb82

12 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

@feliset i loved that scene in the manga! The island arc was so emotionally fraught! And bad news....they didnt adapt that kiss. The whole arc was a lot more emotionally low stake...You"ll see why when you watch 44 :(

nooooo. Oh well... I guess they bumped the emotions to the London arc instead haha. Pretty sad that we won't see that kiss though...

On 8/21/2018 at 11:36 PM, mouse007 said:

Does Darren actually play violin IRL?

I'm not sure but I don't think so? I look at him even more closely when he plays the violin but I can't see him playing it vibrato. It would have been so perfect if he played it in real life too! Who knows, maybe the next Lei! :D

I'm so sad that WangHeDiArchive is no longer releasing subbed episodes. But, I think, it's better this way because people can be idiots, especially on the internet. It's just sad for us because we'll have to wait a little longer for Netflix!

Is it really ending next week?? Please say it isn't so :tears: I will miss them so much!

Thanks for sharing @feliset! Would have loved to see that scene also. 

Although a part of me still wishes for the kisses to be more passionate, I have to say they look really comfortable hugging each other, which is really nice to see! 

Btw, for those who want to be spoiled for 45-46, look for the preview on Facebook! It’s a really cute preview! 

The production is really doing a good job in playing people's feelings!!! I mean who would've thought that the amnesia arc will turn out that way? THAT'S SOME MAJOR PLOT TWIST RIGHT THERE 

So I'm gunna cross out my theory now, I'm sorry XiaoZi for partly judging you. Lol. 

Gaaaaah I can't wait to watch the latest episode . I usually watch every Thursday night but I decided to skip this time, I'm going to see Paramore (a rock band) in a concert tonight first. 

I'm trying my hardest not to see any spoilers but lol who am I kidding, I can't resist clicking that spoiler button. It's a devil incarnate, though I'm not complaining! 

I will enjoy reading posts from you guys in the meantime, keep 'em coming! 

Ps. I think wanghediarchive uploaded ep 40 fansubs earlier. 

3 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Although a part of me still wishes for the kisses to be more passionate, I have to say they look really comfortable hugging each other, which is really nice to see! 

Btw, for those who want to be spoiled for 45-46, look for the preview on Facebook! It’s a really cute preview! 

Thanks for the info!

i agree with your observations- they peck more than anything else. Perhaps because they’ve not done one before onscreen?

life experiences do matter and I guess they don’t hv much yet...

6 hours ago, feliset said:

So my absolute favourite kiss from the manga is this one when they're on the island. It's just so beautiful and I love that it's 100% mutual from both of them instead of Makino 'letting' Doumyoji kiss her. Anyone know if this is going to get adapted in the show?? I would die to see this lol. Plz plz plz let it happen.

Reveal hidden contents

2a742162cb83cb58b2643323a98b9783828751ee

ddd9717614d68168d6a1f5efd2090228f2c22d65

33ca5403d14248da397b7af2e70600d04cefc256

14bb664b4e262a4d1f1517a6f000453aa0f66201

e791675244533e8f89d0858b039d2ce5e67abb82

I feel like this might be the equivalent mutual kiss:

Spoiler

DiyrbXPVAAY41J1.jpg

9 hours ago, rocky689 said:

They scrapped it, because everyone collectively wanted to murder Angie Chai the producer for the abomination that was Meteor Garden 2 in which DMS had amnesia for almost the entire time, fell in love with Yesha and ignored Shan Cai. It's her way of repenting.

For the Xiyou shippers who haven't seen this yet

@rocky689 good point! Lol! Season 2 of the original wouldn’t have been so bad if she had kept the amnesia arc short. But yah, this is a good way of making it up to the fans. I remember searching for season 2 so hard and when I found it, I was so distraught that the entire thing was full of yesha. 

8 hours ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

I'm not sure but I don't think so? I look at him even more closely when he plays the violin but I can't see him playing it vibrato. It would have been so perfect if he played it in real life too! Who knows, maybe the next Lei! :D

I'm so sad that WangHeDiArchive is no longer releasing subbed episodes. But, I think, it's better this way because people can be idiots, especially on the internet. It's just sad for us because we'll have to wait a little longer for Netflix!

Is it really ending next week?? Please say it isn't so :tears: I will miss them so much!

@chocolatetruffles08 I think he’s still subbing but he’s releasing them much slower because of the people who are abusing his videos. So disrespectful and ungrateful of those people who do not abide by his rules. They’re so simple too. 

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

Wait a second, when did Netflix release 39??? And why no one told me about it?much???? I'm sure I saw only two eps last night. Totally confused. Netflix and their irregular timing is going to be the death of me, I swear

@kokodus I just found out they released ep 39 when you posted here! I swear it wasn’t there yesterday. No clue when they released it. So annoying that the episodes on Netflix are so staggered. I wish they’d just stick to the original schedule of releasing 6 episodes per week so we know when to expect them. They should know better considering a remake of MG is a BIG DEAL!! Lol

2 hours ago, parksooha said:

wanghediarchive  already uploaded Eps 40.

can't believe that I don't see DS face in this episode!!

Gaahh .. I'm dying to see next episode when SC meet DS :persevere:

@parksooha thanks for the update! I’ll be checking it out as soon as I finish watching ep 39 on Netflix. I watch both the fansubs and the eng sub on Netflix to see if there’s a difference in translation because it gives me a better context of what’s really being said. 

I just realized that as much I despise the London arc, I totally love it too because it's the arc which tells us that Makino loves him as much as he does and is even willing to travel around the world to be with him. Up until this point we all would feel that Tsukasa/Si is the one who is more involved in the relationship always giving out promises and confessions that he can't live without her, he will even chase her to Mars and all that....But Shan Cai showed it in action, she would do anything for her love as well. This is why they are perfect for each other. Any other girl would've given up by now, but SC being the tough weed she is, won't back down without a fight. Si is one lucky guy, I must say. 

@mouse007 I also watch both the fansubbed eps and the Netflix eps. Hehe. I watch NF version because of the high definition video quality and the fansubbed TV version because they are ahead. LOL. 

39 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I just realized that as much I despise the London arc, I totally love it too because it's the arc which tells us that Makino loves him as much as he does and is even willing to travel around the world to be with him. Up until this point we all would feel that Tsukasa/Si is the one who is more involved in the relationship always giving out promises and confessions that he can't live without her, he will even chase her to Mars and all that....But Shan Cai showed it in action, she would do anything for her love as well. This is why they are perfect for each other. Any other girl would've given up by now, but SC being the tough weed she is, won't back down without a fight. Si is one lucky guy, I must say. 

@mouse007 I also watch both the fansubbed eps and the Netflix eps. Hehe. I watch NF version because of the high definition video quality and the fansubbed TV version because they are ahead. LOL. 

@kokodus yes, definitely NF for high def and fansubs for being ahead. 

Same, I also love the London Arc for the reasons you mentioned. I also love it because the whole arc is beautifully done and it gave us an idea of just how much SC’s feelings for DS have evolved and just how deep their love for each other is. Sure it’s painful to watch them go through a breakup but it also showed the lengths they would go through to be with each other and how much they treasured their time together no matter how short it may be. I love that despite the fact they knew it was going to be their last date and that they would have to part ways, they still made the best of it, told each other about how they felt, and the hopes they had about their future.  I love the promises they made and all the sweet moments where you can just see the love between them (the way they held hands, the way they looked at each other, the happiness they have when they’re together, the way DS takes care of her and puts her hat on for her, the way SC lets DS take care of her and the two of them just being lost in the moment). 

Ugh I still cannot get over the hot pot scene and them parting and running toward each other on the bridge!! 

The London last date scenes were definitely one of the best executed from this series. My absolute favorite part is how SC's dialogue towards DS during the short amnesia scene is a direct response to the dramatic goodbye on the bridge in London after their bond intensified on the island (thank you Xiaozi). Even though some people are upset with the lack of the amnesia arc as they believe it is what makes SC really realize how deep her love for DS is, I think the whole London arc in this version up to her believing he really forgot about her already proves that with what she confesses to him in front of everyone. Sorry to those who have not seen up to that part yet with subs.

2 minutes ago, rocky689 said:

The London last date scenes were definitely one of the best executed from this series. My absolute favorite part is how SC's dialogue towards DS during the short amnesia scene is a direct response to the dramatic goodbye on the bridge in London after their bond intensified on the island (thank you Xiaozi). Even though some people are upset with the lack of the amnesia arc as they believe it is what makes SC really realize how deep her love for DS is, I think the whole London arc in this version up to her believing he really forgot about her already proves that with what she confesses to him in front of everyone. Sorry to those who have not seen up to that part yet with subs.

@rocky689 agreed. 

I think the London Arc made them realize how painful it would be for them to be apart and how much they loved one another. Having the Island Arc follow it made them strengthen their commitment to each other. 

Archived