[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

Ugh, I felt bad for Ma Sung. It's just sad when he realized he has been deceived by people who he trusted and that his condition made him especially vulnerable. He doesn't have many people on his side at all. I really want Gi Bbeum to find out about his condition soon and help him recover. It looks like even Ki Joon doesn't know about it either.

I had hoped the brain scan was going to have positive results, but now the drama is saying his brain is deteriorating faster than before. Is there a chance the evil Dr manipulated the results?

The ending = heartbreakkkk. The flashback funeral scene clearly revealed how evil the aunts are. MS remembered vital information in that short moment, but he seemed to have forgotten it seconds later. He looked so lost. T.T

Sharing a screencap of Gi Bbeum. She looks so lovely. ❤️

Dr5Ebr1.jpg

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I echo all your sentiments here after watching last night's episode.... Arrgh, so frustrating the ending there! I just knew that they will end up not meeting... but hopefully this time round GB will demand an explanation. Seriously, how can a man with memory loss fight all the vultures in his life by himself?? And these two had better avoid any staircases for their next dating venue!

But the drama remains beautiful to watch, including our leads too... I love a lot of the camera angle playing with background lights.

O, btw, I am so glad to hear that GMS has more than 50% share in the company... That's unexpected. No wonder the aunts want to get rid of him. Now that he knows the true color the aunts, I hope he will start building his own allies. He needs to find out the true color of Dr.Yoon too... GMS is smart, just in one day he figured out that someone might have tampered with his journals. Yes, please install CCTV in your house. Don't tell anyone, and start investigating secretly. We're with you GMS!!

I know from experience that previews are tend to be misleading. Therefore my inner self told me that tonight we’re gonna have happier less frustrating scene. Hopefully. 

MS is so trusting to the people around him. He needs someone to trust outside his inner circle, and none better than GB. He must tell her. She could be his ally and his lover. Add Sec. Yang.. I like btw. and KJ too. 

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

GMS is smart, just in one day he figured out that someone might have tampered with his journals. Yes, please install CCTV in your house. Don't tell anyone, and start investigating secretly. We're with you GMS!!

Yes! So surprised he doesn’t have any cameras installed around his house or office. Having memory loss it would be beneficial. Reminded me of 50 First Dates. It wasn’t CCTV but &&a video was involved. Male lead vlogged their story & female lead would watch it everyday after she wakes.

21 minutes ago, chdom said:

Yes! So surprised he doesn’t have any cameras installed around his house or office. Having memory loss it would be beneficial. Reminded me of 50 First Dates. It wasn’t CCTV but &&a video was involved. Male lead vlogged their story & female lead would watch it everyday after she wakes.

Sometimes it makes me wonder did the writer this story in 90's or something. All the tropes seemed at least that old. 
CCTV was the first thing MS should have installed after his condition was diagnosed. If not for security then to at least retrace his steps of the past day.....like they did in KMHM.....instead of keeping handwritten journals....which can easily be tampered with as he found out.

You know ...without understanding the dialogue during live stream, the way he was looking at his pen after the meeting...I thought the pen was the kind that records things....and he'll have proof of his aunts deception soon. But what a lost opportunity it was to make our lead stand out as a smart and capable person who even with his medical condition that restricts him to live his life day to day, knows how to use his brains.

Er--this I'd never get from K-dramas... 

If your date shows up late oh, Idk call?! Text?! Video call?! Why oh dear GOD WHY wait hours and HOURS for him/her to show up...?! So yea very upsetting is all LoL (shrug) Personally I would wait an hour max. 

Andwaeyo~ Is Ma-Sung's memory wiped clean AGAIN?! Though I hope that it's manipulated instead... 

Ki-Joon's bromance with Ma-Sung ha-ha! Ma-Sung is my kind of guy as in he's so old school! Journaling is a dying art yo. But yup I agree he should have it all on flash drives/audio recorder. I mean he's a wealthy guy geez. 

ive been a silent lurker and enjoying all your comments.. anyone has a link to live streaming? pls can you pm me? love both leads...i hope they wont end with the GMS having dementia and they live in that village he wanted...im hoping he manipulated the data to show the doc...hope there is a miracle....its kdramaland pls give us a miracle...after all his cinderalla syndrome is non-existence in real world...

DWRYncT.png

[Devilish Joy] Ep 7 Choi Jin Hyuk's memory loss condition worsening? & Song Ha Yoon stood up a second time

Article: Naver 'Devilish Joy' Choi Jin Hyuk, abnormalities with his memory... Song Ha Yoon gets stood up a second time

1. [+103,-0]
This is insane, seriously~ His acting is good. Why is he so charismatic~~♡♡

2. [+74,-0]
Gong Ma Sung, your condition cannot get worse. 

3. [+64,-0]
What do you mean dementia.. ㅠㅠ What do you mean he will get worse.. ㅠㅠ Scriptwriter, please stop it. Stop it. 

4. [+64,-1]
It feels like Mr Kim spends all of his money earned buying gums. 

5. [+40,-0]
He's so pitiful that I'm so annoyed. ㅠㅠ

6. [+14,-0]
I've forgotten about this~ But in the past, I really liked actor Choi Jin Hyuk when he acts in romcoms. That eye smile^^ voice, and his gaze, the way he looks at his partner so lovingly. That's why it makes his partner look lovely too. Kya~~~~♡♡♡

7. [+13,-0]
The two are so pitiful and sad that it's crazy~ Except for Ma Sung's secretary and Gi Bbeum's Lan Joo, the rest are enemies. ㅠㅠ What's with the speed of the brain progression? You're not going to kill Ma Sung, right? Ah, something huge is going to happen!!~~

8. [+13,-0]
It's so sad and bitter. ㅜㅜ

9. [+12,-0]
I really like Choi Jin Hyuk ㅜㅜㅜㅜ♡

Spoiler

jQEZcG7.png

Article: Naver 'Devilish Joy' Song Ha Yoon flustered at Choi Jin Hyuk-Lee Joo Yeon together.. "Sorry" 

1. [+49,-0]
Ah, it's so interesting!

2. [+30,-0]
Choi Jin Hyuk is charismatic~~ ♡♡

3. [+26,-0]
Seriously, I was happy for an hour because of Gong Ma Sung-ssi~ See you again tomorrow. ♡

4. [+18,-0]
Gong Ma Sung~ is so cool.... 

5. [+16,-0]
Time flew by so quickly. 

6. [+10,-0]
His voice is charismatic too. But his physique... shoulders... and his back... are those real? And when he smiles, he looks so much like a child. 

7. [+8,-0]
It's really, really interesting~

SOURCE

It feels like Mr Kim spends all of his money earned buying gums.

ROFL. I hate seeing his face and smacking his gum. 

Another thing that's been bugging me... He's a brilliant neurosurgeon, right? The part where he goes to the evil doctor to get his brain scan results- can't MS access his records and see for himself how he's progressing? I love this drama to death, but too many plot holes. Lol

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Er--this I'd never get from K-dramas... 

If your date shows up late oh, Idk call?! Text?! Video call?! Why oh dear GOD WHY wait hours and HOURS for him/her to show up...?! So yea very upsetting is all LoL (shrug) Personally I would wait an hour max. 

I know right? The first time he stood her up, well we know what happened. It was "legit" (They could've exchanged numbers though just in case) Just sayin'

2 minutes ago, chdom said:

Another thing that's been bugging me... He's a brilliant neurosurgeon, right? The part where he goes to the evil doctor to get his brain scan results- can't MS access his records and see for himself how he's progressing? I love this drama to death, but too many plot holes. Lol

I guess, he trusts the doctor... so why should he access to his own records?

But I am now wondering if the contract signed 3 years ago by Joy ... will play a significant part later.

So MS asks his assistant.....GB thinks I'm a playboy and bad guy because I didn't keep my promise....how can I make her think well of me......:confounded:..head desk...head desk....head desk

GB asking again why he didn't come.....what is the reason? 3 years ago and now too??

MS...I'm sorry....

Me shouting at my screen....TELL HER THE GODDAMN TRUTH:angry:

I was so close to throwing something at my screen today.....so so close.....but then they ended the episode like that.

MS remembered the day they spent together 3 years ago. And came running and asked her to be his lover/gf again like before and kissed her like before.

Writernim....you get a pass for today....barely. Please pick up from you left off next week too. The rest of episode...I watched on silent mostly...so no idea what was said ...except for a few scenes. 

Tense scenes between aunt-MS....Doc-MS....he knows both are in collusion. He also seems to not trust the doc anymore and seems to think his memories were tempered with....I'm guessing his doc has been hypnotizing him so his Cinderella amnesia is his doc's doing.

Aunt beating her son.....who than runs away to a temple....MS comes to bring him back...and tries to tell him he's sick and doesn't have much time left....but immature KJ just asks are you more hurt than me?...what ...are you dying too? because a girl rejected you...smh

GB's ex manager finds out about MS's memory loss and comes to meet him to see if MS remembers him. He went back satisfied when MS didn't.....he didn't even remember the time he slapped GB. He also gives MS a hint that they might have met before 3 years ago. 

GB finally stands up to her slimy manager....and asks him....."Are you afraid of me? Are you afraid of me coming back....is that why you are creating troubles for me. You must have done something very bad to me to be so afraid of me finding out....was it your doing what happened 3 years ago.....I'll find out everything...just wait and watch".

Preview shows MS telling GB about the accident....Thank God:bawling:

MS telling her it was not her fault....but the dirtbag manager told her MS's head is messed up due to that accident and you're the cause of it.

Writing is really really pushing me to violence.....but I find watching without sound helps a lot:lol: So I'll continue soundless and watch MS-GB scenes and scenes that interest me. I also feel the story and the narrative has been a bit of hodge podge....some scenes should have come sooner....in like 3-4 episodes.....rather than this late.

Anyways, let's hope we have progress and some character development now that the truth telling is out of the way.......

21 minutes ago, dito said:

I'm guessing his doc has been hypnotizing him so his Cinderella amnesia is his doc's doing.

You gave me hope - that would be a scenario which could give us a wonderful ending later... I better don´t keep that hope to high up.

But it could be hynoses too  that MS always feels like dying when he looked in bright light.

My guess and hope since long is still that the doc used hynoses to let MS feel guilty about the accident - but in real he was not.

I don´t like to think about MS life until the accident. And I am just relieved to see that at least his personal assistent is somehow on his side. Even he is in a really difficult situation.

Honestly - this is one of the KDrama I can´t wait to see the final - because there are so many evil persons I wish to see begging or behind bars or falling apart - even dying - no trouble with me.

7 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

You gave me hope - that would be a scenario which could give us a wonderful ending later... I better don´t keep that hope to high up.

But it could be hynose too  that MS always feels like dying when he looked in bright light.

My guess and hope since long is still that the doc used hynose to let MS feel guily abaout the accident - but in real he was not.

I don´t like to think about MS life until the accident. And I am just relieved to see that at least his personal assistent is somehow on his side. Even he is in a really difficult situation.

I hope too that the amnesia is result of his memories being tempered.....but the doc keeps assuring the evil aunt that the brain is still shrinking....so death is imminent. I'm not too sure about this. But I'm sure the doc has manipulated his memories.

Right now the assistant is the only person who's thinking about MS's health and welfare amongst all. I also kind of liked that when MS didn't show up GB did think something might have happened to him. 

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

My other drama had its premier today . Very grateful for your recaps @dito

I am happy to see some OTP progress today & in the preview. 

I’m quite sure the drama will hv a happy ending :D 

need to finish up last night’s episode . Too many dramas ! 

Lol  lately I think its more ranting than recapping....:D

Are you watching Terius? Is it good? I'll check it out after subs come out.

I've been meaning to ask ....

Spoiler

Are you liking NIF? It's my number one c-drama of all time.

@dito thanks for watching it. Well technically if the romance confession is in ep 9 then it follow the average Kdrama time line.

Except that we are sidetracked by the degenerative brain disorder. This writer is confused about what he or she wants. GMS is a neurologist. Stupid idiotic nonsense about neuroscience expert. If the show wants a neuroscience genius the character won't be a medical graduate. A neurosurgeon won't usually have that sort of mild laidback character. It takes a certain personality to choose to be a neurosurgeon vs other surgical specialties.

And if the doctor is so manipulative and unethical hope he is struck off the medical board. And one last gripe with the dang writer. Make up your mind. You wrote him with an acquired brain injury. Go read up on the stupid thing you invented- there is no such Cinderella ABI syndrome- and who the heck has a trauma induced injury that degenerates rapidly and dies? Especially with such a rapid deterioration. Let me slap you on the side of the head you twit. If you give a neurological condition it will show up on MRI right? If you gave a slow leaking brain aneurysm- snort of course you didn't- but then no one has an asymptomatic leaking brain aneurysm and live and be functional. They usually stroke out on the spot when it burst.

So what the stupid heck medical or surgical cause brain invention did you give GMS? It can't be surgical cos'  GMS' doctor is not a neurosurgeon. So it must be a neurological condition. From a trauma 3 yrs ago. That can kill? Go concentrate on the rom com aspect of the story instead.

Confession ep 9. Date.

Confession from the other party ep 10.

Ep 11- 12 will either be dating or some Sunwoo Group crisis.

Ep 13-15 GMS must be either collapsed, in hospital or comatose at the rate we are going.

Ep 15 ending recovery

Ep 16 hopeful we get at least 30 min of recovery and problems solved. 

Considering how the writer has intentionally made MS keep his counsel. And not told anyone not hopeful we will have à decent ending. Well this doesn't seem like a melodrama sort of drama. So don't think he should die at the end. However don't want KJ to end up with HI either. Those 2 money drain idiots will spend all of Sunwoo Group's money if they ever end up as a couple. 2 self absorbed self- centred, expensive tastes, whiney characters.

There. Got it off my chest.

Now I will go back to CJH. The whole reason why I am sitting through this. I will listen to his voice. So so swoony. He can sprout whatever drivel he wants I will still listen. He has the perfect pitch that makes me heart melt. 

The writer though... if you ever want to write or use a medical condition as a plot point; make sure you make a believable syndrome. A trigger, physical evidence via blood, MRI or x-ray to show progression of disease. And a stupid mortality rate at least.  Who gets this sudden drop dead from increased brain pressure- how was he supposed to die other than from raised ICP- if he thinks something in year 3 and drops dead. However if you give a sudden death in year 3 and its surgical then its an aneurysm so why will it suddenly or why let it burst rather than do a coiling now? Why wait. Hang on... did I pay attention to those scenes and miss something? The neurologist who has been seeing him won't be neurologist but rather a surgeon in the story if that was the case.

And please, no rare and never seen before physically improbable thing. Try to make it close to another known documentated condition. Don't you know that's how you're supposed to research stuff like this? Look at pure medical dramas out there. That's how it is done.

Archived