[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

On 9/29/2018 at 7:57 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@ktcjdrama @triplem @gutibear @supergal99 First, I was a little hesitating watching the episodes from this week because of the complains. So now I have finished watching both and it wasn't so bad. Sure, I wished, GMS had already explained the accident, especially after the second missed date. 

However, I don't think that the writer made such mistakes like presenting GMS as a genius, while on the other hand it is said about him that his brain is shrinking and deteriorating. In my opinion, he is not seriously ill like he thinks he is. Why do I think so?

Spoiler

First, his illness is supposed to be a secret and yet, KBS hears from his secretary about the curse of conglomerate family. He discovers from him that GMS's brain is dying due to the accident from 3 years ago. So there are rumors about his illness circulating indicating that his illness is not a secret in reality. This rumor is used by Chairman Gong. They are already expecting him to die at a young age.  Then who said that his brain was dying and shrinking? It was the doctor Yoon.... and he told GMS and the chairman Gong about it. GMS is convinced that he is dying. Sure, we know that the director Yoon wants to get the position of the Center director. But what if he didn't lie just to GMS but also to the chairman Gong? Why should he mention it to her, when he is clearly aware that GMS is remembering things? He knows that GMS is remembering JGB each day and he doesn't need to read his diary for that. Why did he point out his "illness" to her?

I suspect that there is more to it. I believe that since GMS's brain was severely damaged after the accident in Hainan, Yoon was sceptical about his recovery. My theory is that Yoon knows perfectly well what would happen if GMS was declared to be in recovery and would no longer suffer from his accident. In my opinion, he might have discovered that Chairman Gong tried to have him killed three years ago. By turning him into a "dying" man, he makes sure that his life is not in danger. I do think that Yoon used hypnosis in order to stop his recovery and mess up his memories. 

Then we all witness GMS's "illness". However, I have the impression that GMS is actually more suffering from a trauma caused by the flashes (intense lights) than a real physical cause (dying brain). Remember that after the accident with his parents, while he was laying on the ground, he saw the lights from the coming cars and couldn't bear the intense lights in his eyes. When his aunt spoke to him at the funeral (terrible words), just after hearing that, he was confronted by the flashes of the cameras... That's why he can not look into intense lights, these function as triggers for his trauma. He is remembering all these painful events. However, his brain has already started healing hence once confronted with the intense lights, he remembers his past memories. In my opinion, he is also little by little recovering from his trauma: 

• When he came to the studio and was playing the brain game, he fainted once he was confronted with the spotlights. So this was his worst reaction: his trauma was so severe that he felt like he was dying.
  • In the episode 7, he forgot his date but a buried memory from his past resurfaced. So he somehow suffered a little (headache, dizziness aso), yet he didn't faint at all. So his condition is improving.

Yoon lied to GMS saying that the results were not out yet and he was surprised by the results. He has noticed that GMS's brain has changed and improved. To conclude, Yoon might not be entirely on the chairman Gong's side either.

Since GMS booked a room in a hotel for JGB three years ago, JGB might have ended up in that hotel room with that Hallyu actor. This was better in order to remain anonymous. Nevertheless, the killer sent after GMS thought that the actor was the person he should kill.

We shouldn't forget that the killer located GMS with his car. Someone must have told him where GMS was staying as he had used his credit card... so the killer just went to the hotel room and killed the actor believing that he was GMS. He hadn't seen his face and he knew that he was with a woman which looked a lot like the woman he had seen with him.

On 9/29/2018 at 7:53 PM, gutibear said:

I think the hotel room where the murder happened was the actor’s room. I can’t see how he knew that MS booked a room for GB. And if the murder did happened in the room that MS booked for GB, don’t you think MS should’ve been tangled with the case? Since it was his CC that he used to book the room?

What if, MS never booked GB a room? what if, that room was for himself..remember that not long after we heard him calling someone to cancel his flight? So he already decided to stay another night until he help GB find her group. We also never heard him mentioning to GB about any room. 

Well I watched the part again. As you said he called somebody (in English) saying ‘Found the target.’  Then the scene changed.   
I kept thinking while staring at the image of that man with a phone.  I remember the scene in which GB wondered why Kim looked uneasy and she might try to find the real culprit.   It seems very plausible Kim had something to do with the actor’s death.  Maybe the actor threatened Kim by not renewing the contract so Kim killed him by an accident??     
Now you said the man with a phone was targeting MS.  If so, then he might be the one who hit MS on the street. It’s possible he knew MS had a problem with a bright light like a truck light.  After the accident he could say to police that MS stepped on the street first before he could stop.  We  know there are two people, Dr Yoon and the aunt who know about MS’s problem with a bright light.  

Also in EP1 MS and Dr Yoon talked about temporal lobe damage from the accident  and the cause or cure of dystrophy of the cerebrum (which I don’t know whether it is related to an accident or not). 

I googled both  temporal lobe => ( Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Guide - Temporal Lobes  https://www.neuroskills.com/brain-injury/temporal-lobes.php )   &    dystrophy of cerebru => ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_atrophy

I just glanced through them and  picked up a few phrases here and there.  Because of the way the writer spread out this brain stuff over episodes, it’s hard for me to grasp what is what. Lol   Just have to keep squeeze my brain some more haha

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gutibear said:

I think the hotel room where the murder happened was the actor’s room. I can’t see how he knew that MS booked a room for GB. And if the murder did happened in the room that MS booked for GB, don’t you think MS should’ve been tangled with the case? Since it was his CC that he used to book the room?

What if, MS never booked GB a room? what if, that room was for himself..remember that not long after we heard him calling someone to cancel his flight? So he already decided to stay another night until he help GB find her group. We also never heard him mentioning to GB about any room. 

GMS was laying for one whole year at the hospital and he was brought back immediately after the accident. So the police could have interrogated the aunt and GMS knows nothing about it. Remember that Joy and the actor met at a bar, where Joy fell asleep due to the drug. If the actor had brought her to his room, it would have been dangerous for his career, especially if he was caught. He wanted to keep a certain anonymity.  

@booha 

Also in EP1 MS and Dr Yoon talked about temporal lobe damage from the accident  and the cause or cure of dystrophy of the cerebrum (which I don’t know whether it is related to an accident or not). 

And that's exactly why it is bothering me. Because in this episode, it is clear that there is a treatment and he can recover. Yoon said that the therapy wasn't working. I don't deny that his brain was damaged after the accident, however I am more doubting that he is a dying man and that his illness is incurable. To me, it looks like he is now recovering.

1 hour ago, booha said:

It seems very plausible Kim had something to do with the actor’s death.

I do think Kim killed the actor and put the blame on GB. I don’t know what his problem is, but surely he hates GB then and now. I also think that Kim already plotted to get rid GB from his agency and had his eyes on LHI three years ago. Losing GB would not  really matter to him. So, his blaming his downfall to GB just an act.

@booha another thought after reread your post.. who speaks english apart from MS and hotel staff in eps1? Joy Kent. Maybe just maybe..Lol..this speculation has no ends 

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

... However, I don't think that the writer made such mistakes like presenting GMS as a genius, while on the other hand it is said about him that his brain is shrinking and deteriorating. In my opinion, he is not seriously ill like he thinks he is.

... First, his illness is supposed to be a secret and yet, KBS hears from his secretary about the curse of conglomerate family.

... I do think that Yoon used hypnosis in order to stop his recovery and mess up his memories. 

... I have the impression that GMS is actually more suffering from a trauma caused by the flashes (intense lights) than a real physical cause (dying brain). ... However, his brain has already started healing hence once confronted with the intense lights, he remembers his past memories. In my opinion, he is also little by little recovering from his trauma: 

... Yoon lied to GMS saying that the results were not out yet and he was surprised by the results. He has noticed that GMS's brain has changed and improved. To conclude, Yoon might not be entirely on the chairman Gong's side either.

Sorry for cutting so much of your post to save scrolling for other readers...:P

I love reading your theories above, esp.on Yoon. I agree that his condition might not be as bad as what Yoon might have reported. I wish they will show him looking at his own health report instead of only hearing reports from Yoon, which might happen be soon since he has now decided not to trust Yoon anymore. I agree that Yoon is most probably messing GMS up with the hypnosis. Yikes, never trust yourself to be hypnotized by questionable person. Anyway, I'm sure we will no longer see those sessions. However, I'd like to point out that Yoon was delighted after seeing GMS's brain scan in ep.7 around 48min... Why would he be happy about the improvement if he preferred harm for GMS?

- Agree that GMS condition might be more of a trauma rather than physical brain damage.

- Yes, it made me wonder how Kim's secretary (or hired PI?) can get a hold of GMS supposedly secret health condition. If it were so easy, the group will be shaken should the secret leaked to the public.

1 hour ago, booha said:

Now you said the man with a phone was targeting MS.  If so, then he might be the one who hit MS on the street. It’s possible he knew MS had a problem with a bright light like a truck light.  After the accident he could say to police that MS stepped on the street first before he could stop.  We  know there are two people, Dr Yoon and the aunt who know about MS’s problem with a bright light. 

I doubt he could have planned to hit him with the truck though, because imo, it was totally by random that GMS was at that spot. He was following Kim and the actor from the tattoo parlor.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

If the actor had brought her to his room, it would have been dangerous for his career, especially if he was caught. He wanted to keep a certain anonymity.  

I don't deny that his brain was damaged after the accident, however I am more doubting that he is a dying man and that his illness is incurable. To me, it looks like he is now recovering.

Manager Kim was present at the club where they drank, so he definitely helped the actor to get GB into the room. As her manager, supposedly it was of no problem carrying his "drunken" artist back home. Earlier on someone mentioned, probably a quarrel/fight ensued between the two men when they were in the room, thus it may be possible that Kim was the one who killed the actor. But it is also possible the hit-man mistakenly killed the actor because he followed JGB, although I don't think it was because GMS was the one who booked the hotel room. It isn't clear whether the room belong to the actor or JGB. If it was JGB's room, it is possible hit-man waited for her to return thinking she would be with GMS.

I agree though that it seems that GMS is recovering instead of dying. Hopefully Yoon is not as good a doctor as he thought and he misdiagnosed GMS condition :lol:

3 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:tounge_xd:Scenes of him towering her (again) + her taking a closer look at his... his chest (again) ..oh wait.. his tattoo actually *dum~*

Correction: chest, and then tattoo... :P

30 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Sorry for cutting so much of your post to save scrolling for other readers...:P

I love reading your theories above, esp.on Yoon. I agree that his condition might not be as bad as what Yoon might have reported. I wish they will show him looking at his own health report instead of only hearing reports from Yoon, which might happen be soon since he has now decided not to trust Yoon anymore. I agree that Yoon is most probably messing GMS up with the hypnosis. Yikes, never trust yourself to be hypnotized by questionable person. Anyway, I'm sure we will no longer see those sessions. However, I'd like to point out that Yoon was delighted after seeing GMS's brain scan in ep.7 around 48min... Why would he be happy about the improvement if he preferred harm for GMS?

- Agree that GMS condition might be more of a trauma rather than physical brain damage.

- Yes, it made me wonder how Kim's secretary (or hired PI?) can get a hold of GMS supposedly secret health condition. If it were so easy, the group will be shaken should the secret leaked to the public.

I doubt he could have planned to hit him with the truck though, because imo, it was totally by random that GMS was at that spot. He was following Kim and the actor from the tattoo parlor.

Manager Kim was present at the club where they drank, so he definitely helped the actor to get GB into the room. As her manager, supposedly it was of no problem carrying his "drunken" artist back home. Earlier on someone mentioned, probably a quarrel/fight ensued between the two men when they were in the room, thus it may be possible that Kim was the one who killed the actor. But it is also possible the hit-man mistakenly killed the actor because he followed JGB, although I don't think it was because GMS was the one who booked the hotel room. It isn't clear whether the room belong to the actor or JGB. If it was JGB's room, it is possible hit-man waited for her to return thinking she would be with GMS.

I agree though that it seems that GMS is recovering instead of dying. Hopefully Yoon is not as good a doctor as he thought and he misdiagnosed GMS condition :lol:

Correction: chest, and then tattoo... :P

No, because the aunt Gong is the actual CEO. GMS might be the heir but he is not the CEO, just a Director Center hence this can not really endanger the Group. Moreover, these are rumors and the aunt has to keep his illness a secret or better said a rumor because she lets GMS think that no one knows about his condition. IF GMS knew that everyone is talking behind his back, he would have realized much sooner that Yoon betrayed him and his aunt was aware of everything.

There is a reason why I am not hoping that Manager Kim was behind the actor's death. I mean, this would mean that the police made a really sloppy job. Since Kim is linked to JGB and the actor, they should have asked for his alibi. If he killed him as a mistake, then it wouldn't have been easy for him to create an alibi... Moreover, JGB was cleared of any charges hence it seems that they found evidence of a different person. That's the reason why I am more opting for a hired killer.  

Enjoying only because of the  leads. Mad they ruined a potentially great show by making the female lead so stupid. And for the love of God, why are they  sending her to those dark isolated places. He bought her a perfectly safe table at a cafe.

The article tells about the reasons for  DJ’s popularity.  It also says that, because of the heatwave, the filming hours were reduced and it got filmed only 90% before the premier.   So they had to film continuously which they finished last week.     
I enjoyed watching DJ because, despite such heavy fluffiness and cliché in my face,  GMS and JGB came across and made me feel real about their whirlwind first love and heartbreak and pain.   Yeah the writer put  OTP on the pedestal with three dimensional clothes in a fantasy drama reality, perhaps doing so at the expense of other supporting cast. oh well    I read how tired CJH and SHY had been because they had much screen time.
When the script was first offered to CJH and SHY at the end of 2017, the writer had written already 10Eps. DJ was supposed to air on Feb 2018  but didn’t make it because of MBC’s internal problems( ie strike/ new MBC president)   But CJH and SHY didn’t walk away but stayed with it.  I guess CJH and SHY liked a lot of what they saw in the script and waited for it a long time.   Maybe this long wait is a blessing in disguise.  The writer had a plenty of time to tinker around  for OTP’s lines/scenes to fit well into their personalities. And  vice versa with the actors who had time to think and study about the characters.
I can see there is a plus side with the preproduction.  It has time for editing so it gives out a more polished feel.  
Whenever I watched  video IG clips, even in the clips, there were flow and feel.   Like the surprise yet delightful end of EP8( which is the half way of the drama) which deftly swung back to EP1 with the same line and a kiss.   OR about the swimming pool rescue scene which looked like the ocean so we laughed at,   probably PDnim did for the cinematic effect but also conveyed the state of JGB’s mind because she has a water phobia and any water to her is like an ocean.

‘DJ’  no adlibbed  script - acting hole - negative comments,  the reasons for popular ‘DJ’

4fvp2bu.jpg
DJ, which passed a half way point in the drama, is well received as a drama with none-3 defects.

Starring with CJH and SHY,  MBN, Dramax "Devilish Joy" (The writer  Choi Ji-yeon / PD Kim-garak / production IHQ, Golden Thumb) passed the half way with EP8 at 9/27.  Immediately after broadcasting EP8,  "DJ”  which is watched by 1030 generations enthusiastically in SNL,   had exceeded 5 million views in the portal site Naver TV.

Spoiler

The reason for is that  'DJ'  has none- 3 defects.    First there is no ‘acting hole’. CJH and SHY show a remarkable chemistry with perfectly portrayed each of their characters, GMS and JGB.   Through EP1 and EP6&8, the drama showed fluttering kiss scenes and it shined more and more thanks to solid acting from  Lee Ho-won, Lee Ju-yeon, Lee Su-ji, Kwon Hyuk-soo, Jang In-seop and Kim Min-sang.

** 쪽대본 (improvised script): A script written by a writer who was chased by time, is shot immediately.
Also, there is no improvised script in ‘DJ’.    ‘DJ’, which was planned as a pre-production drama and started shooting in June, finished all the shooting on the 22nd of last month.   The shooting time was reduced by the 52 hours of the week because of the heat wave,  and the shooting date increased more than expected, but the production team was able to finish the filming early and to do editing and post-production work.   As a result, it was able to get a reputation as a genuine romcom.

Finally, there are no negative comments for ‘DJ’.  Before the broadcast, there was also a concern that the 'love story of the washed out actress between the heir2' might sound stale and unexciting. But as soon as the broadcast started, this worry was blown away. The actors' performances are combined with sophisticated production, and each scene appears as' like a movie '. Therefore, it is difficult to find any negative opinions in the articles and related-contents related to ‘DJ’.

According to the production team, "The cast and crew are deeply grateful to all the viewers who are watching ‘DJ’ and showing exceeded expectations." "We are confident that ’DJ’ which has already been filmed, will have the better of the latter half

EP9 'DJ' will be broadcast simultaneously on MBN and DRAWMAX at 11 pm on 10/3.

http://www.purpress.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=star&wr_id=10873

49 minutes ago, booha said:

The article tells about the reasons for  DJ’s popularity. 

sorry I cut your post.. thanks so so much for the article
I am so glad to know that DJ has positive feedback from viewers. Especially for me, who hardly watch ongoing drama (I hate the waiting :D) and who only watch one drama at a time. but DJ had my eyes since the very first episode :ph34r:.

1 hour ago, gutibear said:

sorry I cut your post.. thanks so so much for the article
I am so glad to know that DJ has positive feedback from viewers. Especially for me, who hardly watch ongoing drama (I hate the waiting :D) and who only watch one drama at a time. but DJ had my eyes since the very first episode :ph34r:.

When the drama started I assumed DJ was just a lighthearted romcom.   So I was a bit surprised how much I was taken by the characters, JGB and GMS.   JGB can be so gullible sometime but she knows how to stand her ground firmly.   We talked about her inner strength underneath her petite size.  Many Korean (female) viewers noticed and appreciated it too.  They want to rally around her.    It’s hard not to feel for her especially how she looks with such big puppy eyes.      At the beginning JGB acted like a pretty and sweet wall flower but when things changed she found what is important (like family and friends and goodness) and what is just fleeting (fame and career).
Yeah I think SHY is very aware how cute she is especially next to tall CJH.  haha

2rnngRD.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/6470114/news/read?oid=076&aid=0003322470&pid=hot.030.101.1074263&cid=1084065

Hoya

15 minutes ago, booha said:

GB can be so gullible sometime but she knows how to stand her ground firmly.

you put her character perfectly. what I like the most from her is that she's rational enough bout her relationship with MS. She's not pushy and she keeps her clear mind before her heart. I like it when finally she demands explanation from MS, and when he refuses, she just leaves him. 

I keep replaying their conversation at the fountain, where she seems not to expect anything from MS.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:04 PM, bebebisous33 said:

No, because the aunt Gong is the actual CEO. GMS might be the heir but he is not the CEO, just a Director Center hence this can not really endanger the Group. Moreover, these are rumors and the aunt has to keep his illness a secret or better said a rumor because she lets GMS think that no one knows about his condition. IF GMS knew that everyone is talking behind his back, he would have realized much sooner that Yoon betrayed him and his aunt was aware of everything.

True, and I guess that's why in the preview of ep.9 MS said something like "So you know everything, Aunt... Then why do you pretend not to know anything all these while?"

From the conversation between Mgr Kim and LHI where he warned her about toeing the line and reminding her about GB's downfall, I'm convinced he killed the Hallyu actor (unknown reason)and framed GB for it. GB must have lost favour with him for unknown reasons. It was a perfect crime for him (using a hired killer of course) as he'd probably eyeing LHI then.

As the actor had many fans, it'd be perfect for GB to become the public enemy no 1after that. Poor GB! :dissapointed_relieved:

And he was also guilty of hiring someone to use a Truck of Doom to mow GMS down too!:confounded:

cccc

On 9/30/2018 at 6:55 AM, supergal99 said:

:lol:Oh gosh.. so naughty @ktcjdrama *cough*:P

Ok chill... *whisper* i need to go visit that garden  to get some oxygen for my brain cells:wub:

:kiss_wink:

On a dark cloudy day your gifs worked magic.  whahaaa  They are so good  Thanks   Now with only 8 eps left, I hope we don’t have to recycle those scenes again again.   Better be some more eye popping surprises for us.    
Lucky peekaboo minifan  809mFpf.gif      :lol:

ShepJYh.jpg

So the one episode I've been waiting for since the start is airing today... when the truth about accident comes out....and I can't watch:tears:

I've to attend a thing and will only get to watch the episode later in the night.... so my comments/recap/rant will be very late.

This has to be SHY's episode to shine. Hopefully writers will deliver and we'll get an awesome episode.

Have fun guys.

Archived