[Drama 2018] Devilish Joy, 마성의 기쁨

0ly40

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

So I tried to google Cinderella Amnesia... but can't find any info on it. Everything leads me back to False Memory Syndrome, which is nothing like what GMS is having. Is there another term for the memory disorder that he has?

I think its not a real disorder. They made it up for the story...just like Pinocchio syndrome was made up for that drama.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/23/2018 at 8:56 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I haven't finished watching all the episodes (right now, episode 4) yet, nonetheless I am more and more convinced that the aunt wanted to target MS , when the actor died. Right now, GMS sees in his aunt a caring and considerate person who raised him, when he was 8 years old.

I agree with you that the aunt is now using his sickness to get rid of him. She doesn't need to kill him in reality... just to discard him. What she doesn't know is that GMS is now involved in a different business: Entertainment. If JGB becomes successful again, she might be the one who helps him not to lose everything. @triplem

I think you have a point with the Aunt and how MS current obsession with entertainment is going to be his saving grace. Because he is going on TV for GB's sake, he is becoming well known and popular himself. And to make someone who has a huge social presence disappear, makes it difficult if not impossible with out raising questions.

But, it is true that the Aunt is definitely not up to good. I am guessing that something happened with the funeral of his parents, as the Aunt in the flashback looked very ambitious and plotting. It may be that he doesn't remember it because of the trauma that he experienced from the accident. But the fact that he is starting to remember events that are not related to GB is a big deal. I look forward to see how his memory continues to change.

12 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

I think you have a point with the Aunt and how MS current obsession with entertainment is going to be his saving grace. Because he is going on TV for GB's sake, he is becoming well known and popular himself. And to make someone who has a huge social presence disappear, makes it difficult if not impossible with out raising questions.

But, it is true that the Aunt is definitely not up to good. I am guessing that something happened with the funeral of his parents, as the Aunt in the flashback looked very ambitious and plotting. It may be that he doesn't remember it because of the trauma that he experienced from the accident. But the fact that he is starting to remember events that are not related to GB is a big deal. I look forward to see how his memory continues to change.

Moreover, he wants to finance his Health village with donations. Right now, he is asking rich people for support, yet they are not eager to do so because they don't feel concerned....It is not "their problem". His aunt wants to stop this project because this is not something that will bring money to SW Group. Nevertheless, I think that GMS becoming popular in the media could help him in the long run to find more donors among people from the middle-class. Moreover, if he is getting isolated among SW Group and the hospital, people from social media would be there to show their support. We shouldn't forget the aunt's strategy: she has always made sure that he was isolated and had no girlfriend and no friend at all. Being popular among the social media will represent a hindrance for her big plan and move.

Right now, she thinks, removing him from his seat as Center director will be enough to stop him and his project. She doesn't need to kill him. But if my predictions are correct, with the social media, her plan won't be really working. I have the feeling, she might attempt to get rid of him one more time.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Moreover, he wants to finance his Health village with donations. Right now, he is asking rich people for support, yet they are not eager to do so because they don't feel concerned....It is not "their problem". His aunt wants to stop this project because this is not something that will bring money to SW Group. Nevertheless, I think that GMS becoming popular in the media could help him in the long run to find more donors among people from the middle-class. Moreover, if he is getting isolated among SW Group and the hospital, people from social media would be there to show their support. We shouldn't forget the aunt's strategy: she has always made sure that he was isolated and had no girlfriend and no friend at all. Being popular among the social media will represent a hindrance for her big plan and move.

Right now, she thinks, removing him from his seat as Center director will be enough to stop him and his project. She doesn't need to kill him. But if my predictions are correct, with the social media, her plan won't be really working. I have the feeling, she might attempt to get rid of him one more time.

I like the idea about MS’s exposure in social media  which would help him against his aunts.  For awhile I wasn’t sure about the aunt(KJ’s mom) and Dr Yoon.  These actors did a good job playing  double faced  characters.   But in EP6 the aunt acted like a ring leader among her sisters and these aunts were uneasy about certain changes in MS’s behavior. And in the preview it seems the aunt is making a move to trip MS over.   However it’s possible the aunt feels MS is really sick and she tries to protect the company and the family including MS,  as now MS is obsessed with building a healing center which can drain a lot of money without any return.   
I think Dr Yoon and sec Yang are under the aunt’s power too.  Once sec Yang asked MS about sending him to the other department. I wonder if it’s because he felt uncomfortable about what he’s doing to MS.
I began to notice in EP6, MS seemed lonely and vulnerable.   Someone mentioned before MS seemed to be in a cage.  I wondered too that how small his bedroom appeared to be. So is the room with his writing desk.   
 I like this dark mystery element which makes a sharp edge against a fluffy romance.    

Spoiler

3 hours ago, booha said:

I like the idea about MS’s exposure in social media  which would help him against his aunts.  For awhile I wasn’t sure about the aunt(KJ’s mom) and Dr Yoon.  These actors did a good job playing  double faced  characters.   But in EP6 the aunt acted like a ring leader among her sisters and these aunts were uneasy about certain changes in MS’s behavior. And in the preview it seems the aunt is making a move to trip MS over.   However it’s possible the aunt feels MS is really sick and she tries to protect the company and the family including MS,  as now MS is obsessed with building a healing center which can drain a lot of money without any return.   
I think Dr Yoon and sec Yang are under the aunt’s power too.  Once sec Yang asked MS about sending him to the other department. I wonder if it’s because he felt uncomfortable about what he’s doing to MS.
I began to notice in EP6, MS seemed lonely and vulnerable.   Someone mentioned before MS seemed to be in a cage.  I wondered too that how small his bedroom appeared to be. So is the room with his writing desk.   
 I like this dark mystery element which makes a sharp edge against a fluffy romance.    

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, on the surface both are receiving orders from her hence it seems that they are working for her. Nonetheless I see a difference between them because we see secretary Yang disobeying the aunt. The latter asked him to get rid of the woman that was close to GMS. Yet he actually did the opposite. He offered GMS the USB stick with the video so that GMS wouldn't feel lonely. Moreover he never stopped GMS from helping JGB. He always helped him. 

Sure, at some point he wanted to quit working for GMS as he was afraid of getting caught by the aunt and as he hated that dilemma: GMS trusts him but he is asked to betray him and act behind his back. He felt really uncomfortable. For him it was a real dilemma. Deep down he prefers GMS, yet he is definitely scared of the aunt. Finally he is the only one who mentions the cold-hearted and frightening side of the aunt. So he acts more like a real friend. But the doctor acts differently. Even GMS seems to keep a certain distance with the doctor as he criticized secretary Yang for calling the doctor when he fainted. To me, GMS doesn't reveal everything to the doctor. He doesn't mention certain images from his flashbacks... the funeral. Right now, he is talking more about JGB with him.  

59 minutes ago, gutibear said:

live streaming without understanding a single Korean is so confusing..lol..

not my fav episode, it’s all about MS..i think 

Yeah....all about MS and his evil evil aunts. Aunts told a little kid who just lost his parents that he's the cause of their deaths. The doc realized MS's memory is coming back....and told the aunt. MS did another MRI of his brain and doc was surprised at the scans. But he lied to MS and told him scans are not out yet. MS finally understands the people closest to him, people he trusts have been lying to him and manipulating him for 3 years or more. He also remembered his assistant warning him about the aunt again and again.

He looked over his journals as he couldn't believe he didn't remember any thing about the deal.....he compared his signature with the one on the papers....looked the same....got his assistant to show him his handwriting.....even went to the place that sells his designer brand of pen...and was told he has the only piece....(not sure about this) .....his aunt was shown with the same pen in her hand. He thinks someone with the access to his house could have tampered with the journals....and remembers KJ staying over a number of times......I hope I got it right....I might have missed some scenes.....coz my stream was lagging today....

When GB was waiting for him to meet for their date MS who was just about to cross the road to meet her got flashed by the headlights and had a flashback. He remembered his aunt's nasty words during his parents funeral.....and after he comes out of the trance....he forgot why he was standing there. So we'll get another fight tomorrow....coz GB'll think he stood her up again.

I'm getting a bit tired now with this plot. GB needs to know the truth. MS needs at least one person who'll treat him with honesty.

I find it a bit unbelievable that a person like MS doesn't have some capable people behind him to support him. I mean how can everyone in the company be siding with the aunts.....isn't MS the owner of the company....it's his dad's company, right?

Thanks for the recap @dito

was out & could not watch live . But from the cuts it feels like OTP took two steps forward and one step back . :sweat_smile:

GB keeps doing the push pull and that’s partly due to her not knowing MS’s true situation. I hope they don’t drag this any longer because someone needs to be on MS’s side soon ! 

Look at his hands , it can wrap her entire face .  I love how he looks at her adoringly 

More bickering . Lol! 

Spoiler

He asked her for a date 

Oh no , it’s like history repeating itself. Will she get stood up again?

Spoiler

Preview

2 hours ago, dito said:

I'm getting a bit tired now with this plot. GB needs to know the truth. MS needs at least one person who'll treat him with honesty.

I find it a bit unbelievable that a person like MS doesn't have some capable people behind him to support him. I mean how can everyone in the company be siding with the aunts.....isn't MS the owner of the company....it's his dad's company, right?

I agree with you 1000% about the plot, GB needs to know the truth. My next remarks are solely based on my personality.   After MS said he does not remember a few times and the way he expressed it, ( not flippant or sarcastic) I would have wanted an explanation.  Yes, the first time, he said that he did not remember, I would have been taken back and hurt; however, after how he acted with the shoes and in other instances, curiosity would have gotten the best of me I would have started to question why he does not remember instead of getting upset.  I cannot understand why GB is not curious. It is not normal, at some point, not to question why MS cannot remember.

To all who will say, she lost her career and was accused of murder, yes, I know that she has been beaten down and humiliated by many; however, GB has spunk, and skill and she has a not going to give up attitude. Therefore, GB not questioning MS's lapse in memory does not add up.  It is time for her to know the truth and move the drama forward.

39 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I agree with you 1000% about the plot, GB needs to know the truth. My next remarks are solely based on my personality.   After MS said he does not remember a few times and the way he expressed it, ( not flippant or sarcastic) I would have wanted an explanation.  Yes, the first time, he said that he did not remember, I would have been taken back and hurt; however, after how he acted with the shoes and in other instances, curiosity would have gotten the best of me I would have started to question why he does not remember instead of getting upset.  I cannot understand why GB is not curious. It is not normal, at some point, not to question why MS cannot remember.

To all who will say, she lost her career and was accused of murder, yes, I know that she has been beaten down and humiliated by many; however, GB has spunk, and skill and she has a not going to give up attitude. Therefore, GB not questioning MS's lapse in memory does not add up.  It is time for her to know the truth and move the drama forward.

Exactly. She's not asking the questions. And thats what bothers me...its like she no longer cares why he did not come.

That night 3 years ago changed her entire life....and to her it happened because he didn't come....in her place, I would not move an inch forward if he didn't give me a proper explanation. But apparently to her...the past doesn't matter now......she falling for him again without sorting the past....This is exactly why I was mad when MS asked her to date him for season.

The writer is very frustrating with the development of characters...the only thing still keeping me watching are the leads and their chemistry. 

Oopsie sounds like a cue for me to skip the episode and sees what happens tonight. I find that I lose interest when a story stagnants. And rather marathon through the muddy patches.

This is the only live airing drama I am following so I am bummed we are stuck so early. Guess we should be due for a confession from someone nexf week. In the meantime guess I better go finish my other uncompleted dramas. 

Why why why are Kdramas always beating a dead horse to death? I have seen so many dramas focus on one thing only. Where's the BFF? Just a side comment, honestly does any Kdrama doctor ever respect their patient's confidentiality? We don't even give bloody information over the phone here. And even if face to face limited info is given if the patient is compus mentis. And if not it is someone who has a signed legal power of attorney piece of paper. But the medicos in Kdramas are such loose lips. Honestly gah.

MS’s condition of unable to remember things reminds me of so many thriller books I had read. If your mind are that hopeless, try CCTV. That helps.

I agree with you all, GB should know. Gonna see what happened tonight before watch it sub. Hope our OTP story move on a bit, they are fighting almost in every episode which is kinda exhausting.

I honestly feel so bad for GMS right now. The doctor is actually gloating to his aunt that even though he recovered his memory of the funeral and the terrible things she said to him, she doesn’t need to worry because his brain is atrophying rapidly. It’s like he’s chomping at the bit to see GMS’ condition deteriorate. I guess for him the promised position to be director of the hospital is more valuable than GMS’ life.

GMS is surrounded by a sea of vultures. It’s good that he warned them at the board meeting but he needs to take his security and situation more seriously just like his secretary hinted. While watching I couldn’t help thinking that his aunts and the doctor can easily bump him off in a way that raises little questions. They are privy to all his medical details. He needs to take this more seriously and stop treating these people with kiddie gloves and sentimentality. 

Terrible manager is now digging up information on GMS. I guess we can add him to the list of people who have ill intentions towards GMS. I’m satisfied that at least GB finally realized she doesn’t owe him anything. That’s some progress on her part.

Like you guys, I also wonder why GB doesn’t demand an answer about what happened three years ago but probably she thought GMS didn’t take their plan to meet as seriously as she did and maybe she also doesn’t want to resent him if it really turned out that he stood her up without a good reason. In other words, perhaps she’s afraid to hear a disappointing answer especially since that night changed her life so drastically.

Oh gosh people, this episode really frustrated me. It is like they are stacking all of the odds against our OTP and if feels really frustrating. Is there no way out for them? I mean we have MS memory problem, MS aunts who are all against him, now CEO Kim is on his tail...how are they going to over come all of this?

It is sad that the Evil Doctor (that is what I am going to call MS doctor from now on) is against MS recovering and is now saying his brain is atrophying is there no possible way to save him?

But again, I am wondering his part of his memory loss is again due to trauma. As he was fine until the car lights flashed at him...however, it is really bad cause that whole day is gone and he didn't even get to write in his journal or record what had happened that day. He lost a whole day. Boom!

Sorry I am just so sad and upset about MS situation. Please writers, give me a hint that everything will be ok in the end!

Poor GMS! All his enemies are lining up to take him down. Please someone enlighten GB as to what happened three years ago. Hopefully, GMS will get well enough to fend off the evil people he trusted. GB will definitely help him get thru this. One thing I love about this show is how straightforward everything has been so far. For me GB not knowing has gone on too long. So frustrated...

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, on the surface both are receiving orders from her hence it seems that they are working for her. Nonetheless I see a difference between them because we see secretary Yang disobeying the aunt. The latter asked him to get rid of the woman that was close to GMS. Yet he actually did the opposite. He offered GMS the USB stick with the video so that GMS wouldn't feel lonely. Moreover he never stopped GMS from helping JGB. He always helped him. 

Sure, at some point he wanted to quit working for GMS as he was afraid of getting caught by the aunt and as he hated that dilemma: GMS trusts him but he is asked to betray him and act behind his back. He felt really uncomfortable. For him it was a real dilemma. Deep down he prefers GMS, yet he is definitely scared of the aunt. Finally he is the only one who mentions the cold-hearted and frightening side of the aunt. So he acts more like a real friend. But the doctor acts differently. Even GMS seems to keep a certain distance with the doctor as he criticized secretary Yang for calling the doctor when he fainted. To me, GMS doesn't reveal everything to the doctor. He doesn't mention certain images from his flashbacks... the funeral. Right now, he is talking more about JGB with him.  

You had described well about sec Yang’s conundrum about his situation.  You are right. At the end it’s sec Yang who helped MS to see who the aunt really was.  Now MS recovered his memory about how the aunt threatened him and what other aunts said at his parents’ funeral.    Wonder why the aunt has hatred/ resentment toward MS.  Could it be that she blames MS for his parents’ death or some other reasons?   Wow  the aunt is really getting scary. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:     So Dr Yoon is in with the aunt because he wants a director title.   
Well the writer made an interesting twist with MS.  As soon as MS recovered some memory and began to doubt and suspect about his aunts, his memory went blank.  It’s sad to see how MS seemed so lost on that parking lot.  The guy has everything in appearance yet has nothing and is alone. :cold_sweat:

19 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:blink: oh... i almost missed out that flashback scene - erhm... that baddie Kim :grimace:

(Ep. 6)

Reveal hidden contents

:w00t:though i cant watch live but i am also very excited hahaaa...

Waiting.. for uri yummy Crunchy Bread... couple :wub: (uh oh i kept thinking about that BiG bread:glasses:)

Ok... music:P:

Reveal hidden contents

:) pardon me - old time favourite

Reveal hidden contents

**blink~~**

Omy @booha those IGs on the 'garden' scenes - the views wow wow:love::

Reveal hidden contents

**ep. 6**

Thank you for gifs and songs ( celine dion & Ellie Goulding  what a voice they have.  I knew cd has a heavenly voice but how her voice danced around the lyrics was such joy to listen to. )  Yeah the garden scene gives a feeling of reading a poem sad yet touching.         cheering for our CrunchCrunch couple

whahaha   found the live MBN

Archived