Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

@hamajiin the book, Xiao Zhou was 10 years younger. A girl that Asule saved. Hence, for this drama's viewership experience, this character under went some modifications. So, let us rest and follow this awesome drama as it unfold it's many layers of "awesomeness". Episode 32 ended with a unbearable cliff hanger!!!! Arghhhhh. I recalled there was a captured wolf Lord/Asule's grand dad in the dungeon. I wonder why waste this character? Perhaps, he will have more screen time in the future episodes. I have so many questions...will he be the ONE who helps Asule to regain "behavioral normality"?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is keeping me in suspense.Quite a cliffhanger epi.32. I do feel very sad for Yuran when Asule died.Still even without sub ,it is a tear jerker.Quite confusing on whom Yuran really loves per her aunt’s interpretation.Couldn’t wait for the coming episodes.

So my fellow YouTube viewers, who else was crying when they finally understood all of the crap JiYe was spewing in that rain scene in ep19? :dissapointed_relieved:  I can’t believe the audacity of this kid, trying to play like he doesn’t love Yuran.  And what was even the point?  Duke Baili, General Tuoba and probably all of Xiatang know that Asule/Yuran/JiYe are “a thing” at this point.   He should’ve just told her he liked her, especially because at that point death was pretty certain.  Ugh.  

I have just watched episode 34..and OMG..so much is happening..and the last minutes have me sitting on the edge of my seat...I can´t wait for the subs to really understand, what is going on...this is the drama, I am looking forward to each day!

This drama is keeping me in suspense.Quite a cliffhanger epi.32. I do feel very sad for Yuran when Asule died.Still even without sub ,it is a tear jerker.Quite confusing on whom Yuran really loves per her aunt’s interpretation.Couldn’t wait for the coming episodes.

Wow 33-34, I would like to know what is aunt telling Yuran...don't understand anything
Yeah subtitle only up to 19...
I still like yuran more, because the princess is still the same character, I cannot warm up to her, she is really ncie and warm, but no smiling and and fun or some strong character.

is it only me? I feel that princess character is main lead now,she's everywhere since ep 21 till last night ep or maybe till the end since she's asule's everything now:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

till last night ep I really can't watch her anymore :lol: I even can't watch other characters and drama now,bcos she's always with asule :sweatingbullets: (I love this drama bcos asule character and trio friendship) 

sorry for ranting here:lol: when you love drama so much than there's unimportant annoying character,it can make you hate drama more:lol:

maybe I'll watch this drama again if her character already gone:D or if she'll end up with asule character,it will be my bad luck,bcos I can't watch LHR great acting as asule anymore :bawling:

@Erafera1i beg to defer. I love Xiao zhou very much. She cares, adores and loves Asule. Whereas, YR just receives the tender love from Asule but carefreely announcing they are best pals. Making Asule so pitiful. I guess I share similar sentiment with a large majority of Chinese viewers in China. The character YR was acted well but I dislike the character development. It would be good if YR develops slowly to become a more mature lady. Thoughtful and insightful. Thus, I find her immature and irritating.

@Erafera1 Same here, I mean the first thing when she said at 20, you are crown prince...so do some polictics and not nice night with your new wife. She is nice but she is to much and to nice and everywhere....I watched till 36 and still everywhere the princess. And she is always nice...Yeah she is nice, also beautiful...but also Asule did loved yuran till his memory loss and they are like throwing the princess all the time at him, that we love her and he also, but it is to much for me. Maybe if should be sometimes fun and not so lady and not everywhere where asule goes, I mean in 36 he goes alone from bed at night and she has to get up in the night and go behind him, little bit like stalker. He could go to toilette only, but no, let us follow him everywhere....Less would be nice, I would like her more I think she could be also nice for Asuele, because he knows and we know, Yuran is a girl who will not changed her direction. Yuran needs to mature, I agree, but I like her really a lot, her character is fun and lively. I am looking forward when Asule goes his way and gets stronger for himself and Yuran goes to her winged tribe and is stronger and Ji Ye, yeah Jiye wanted always one thing, be some great general...

I actually like both Yuran and Xiaozhou, as characters by themselves, not really with Asule. I've abandoned all the canon ships and went for the unconventional ones if I was shipping anyone.

Yuran is carefree and fun and cute, everyone else is scheming and she's just clueless, I don't find it annoying though for some reason, I think for the most part, how grave situations are just completely escapes her,and she only cares about people close to her, which make sense considering how she grows up. She doesn't want to participate in politics because that's not her dream, she just wants to hang out with friends and have fun.

Xiaozhou is ladylike, because that's how she was bought up. Her aunt was in control and her brother saved her life, she has to be perfect or she could die. I mostly like her for being the only one out of our protagonists who actually seems to know what's going on, partially because of her position + sensitivity to politics due to growing up in palace, but partially because she genuinely wants to help her brother in managing the empire.

Asule is naive idealist and Ji Ye is..mhmm I thought he's a pragmatic opportunist, but he doesn't seem particularly political savvy at all. Anyways, I like the characters and acting for the most part, but damn where is this plot GOING? I am still not feeling the fantasy epic by the way. I have no qualm with focusing on friendship and other interpersonal relationship, hell I like it, but I really think the drama is emphasising on the wrong thing? 

I watched epi. 36.It looks like it is Yuran’s turn to shed light into her character.Yuran’s feelings towards Asule is quite confusing.There are times that the way she looks and her expressions at A is quite different from what is coming out of her mouth and her physical manifestations. No romance in this drama but why would they even bother showing Yuran’s interactions and expressions towards Asule. When A died even JY could not console her. Either hot or cold,Having the English sub is quite different from watching raw. I don’t know about the princess.She likes and  is very good to Asule but I couldn’t seem to warm to her.Like we will be in for A big surprise, As her aunt  said you could not love 2 persons.

I know this will have a sad ending but I would take comfort if at the end Yuran will say that she loved Asule. Waiting for the next episode

31 minutes ago, eim1 said:

There are times that the way she looks and her expressions at A is quite different from what is coming out of her mouth and her physical manifestations. No romance in this drama but why would they even bother showing Yuran’s interactions and expressions towards Asule.

Yeah this is why I don't understand, why there were so many this "moments" where she looks at him like love, they could let her be only friendly with him, but no we get his confession and her some times looking at him ... and tahn throwing the princess at asule from 20-36 the whole time. but what I still don't like, Yuran  is still married to Asule, she gave her word and than this kiss in 36? I mean it was political, but she did know what she was doing and said while marrige beeing on the floor infroont of the king "I am willing"...But she didn't closed her eyes while Ji Ye kissed her in the water...I think she is still confused like aunt said. I want her to go her way and asule his way, so that they all mature.

Real life suddenly made its demands which threw off my viewing pace, much to my chagrin. Am finally able to catch up after a massive marathon last night, but not quite ready to put my thoughts down yet. Until I do gather my thoughts, found these adorable pictures of memorable scenes featuring our intrepid trio, the ones they love and those who love them :wub:

61ecbb3dly1g5tjkeqq1xj20u10u04ph.jpg

61ecbb3dly1g5tjketyhfj20u10u04oj.jpg

61ecbb3dly1g5tjkesi6kj20u10u0x48.jpg

Spoiler

61ecbb3dly1g5tjkenw9uj20u10u0b1d.jpg

cr. Youku

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s confused at Yuran’s feelings towards her 2 male friends.They might as well each go their on way .I wish the subs will catch up with advancing episodes. Watching Empires and Tribes so I don’t think too much of this drama.I don’t want to invest too much to N drama coz I don’t want a big let down at the end. Sometimes it is better to watch the completed drama rather than the currently airing drama. I heard that N is not quite popular in China.The longest day in Chang’an is also good but I like N better just because of LH after I watched him in NIF 2.

@a_tumiwa Yes, You Changji's target when he charged into the palace was actually the National Preceptor, who was of Chenyue. However, it was later reported that he he ended up killing the emperor, which in turn led to the wide-spread persecution and annihilation of Tianqu members, as well as his own death.

I agree with @skibbies thoughts on YR and XZ as both girls are great as their own characters. 

These characters are supposed to be kids, right? While they're all growing up in a different time period where kids their age are old enough to have families and lead countries, but the reality is that only YR has been able to be a carefree child compared to many of the other young people her age. As that is, it's normal that feelings towards those around them will change; and that's okay. I do hope that we will see her coming of age as we have towards JY and Asule, or else it's unfair to her character to be used as the wedge between them. I feel that her own story and identity could also be very interesting, but the gravity of her character has just not been established (say in comparison to her aunt who is obviously a very interesting person). 

I actually love that we see other young people come into the lives of Asule and JY, especially that these two young women seem to highlight specific parts of their lives and characters that YR does not. While YR does a nice job of bringing happiness and joy into the somber lives of the boys, but XZ and YY also allow us to imagine the actually politicking and grittiness that both boys live in different ways. These two new young women characters, at least for me, are very grounding because they actually live out the circumstances and conditions of their stations, consequences and all. 

Archived