Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

48 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you very much for the update! 

*sigh*<_< All this uncertainty but at least it seems like something positive is coming and the dram will air soon.  Not that we can take anything for granted until we are watching the opening credits roll :lol:

No problem! :)

Hopefully it does air soon, this time around a lot of reputable sources on weibo are saying it's tomorrow. But then again, this show and The Investiture of the Gods from last month have taught me that nothing is ever certain in drama land. Lol I'm such a Debbie Downer. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, angelangie said:

im not seeing anything on this....even though it does circulate around that it was suppose to air today....however Baidu and Weibo seems to be quiet about this airing currently.

I read about the news of the mobile game and the weibo accounts on douban here. This person is a fan that does daily updates on the rumors etc that they find from weibo and the net on the fate of the show. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录
24 minutes ago, skibbies said:

8 ep out on Tencent VIP, I only watched like half episode though. All these dramas airing one after another ahh.

Hooray!  Now just to hope we get subs somewhow!

I read there will be 56 episodes so they have cut a lot from the previously announced 68.  I hope it doesn't impact the drama too much.

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Is there any link to watch? raw no problem, i will watch anything for it! While being super patiently waiting for the proper eng sub available.

Same!  According to the excellent fan Twitter account it will be streaming on Youtube from Friday 19th July :)

I been watching the first 8 ep and I thought i wasn't going to like it, BUT around the 4th episodes, i couldn't stop watching it. It's actually very good. Just wish someone will recap the episodes. My mandarin is so-so.

On 7/17/2019 at 2:21 AM, angelangie said:

sometimes when they cut it ....the editing will be bad....and sometimes when they prolong it.....it make the drama which seems exciting to be boring sigh.....production need a better grip on their drama

this is also one of the downsides i hate of Cdrama other than that i have no complain...... :)

That's my worry too.  It seems to be a problem with too many C-dramas: either dragged out and badly edited or rushed and badly edited with a dissatisfying ending.  It' a sad as it seems like all this censorship and cuts is harming the quality of many dramas with potential.

Watched the first two episodes, the production quality and CGI... wow.

I can't understand the reason of delaying/stopping this show to broadcast in the Chinese TV because this right here is quality content. I just hope that this continue until the end of this show.

So yeah, the first two episodes got me hooked to the story line, i got some opinions here and there but this could easily be in my top 5 wuxia/xanxia shows that ive watched.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:32 PM, angelangie said:

the setting in Novoland

The set built for Legend of Demon Cat, and used in last year's Rise of the Phoenixes and Ever Night. The hallway (?) and lead up to the palace is SO recognisable.

@raziela while censhorship comes into play sometimes, more often than not I think it's investor request, and screenwriters not having enough control/good enough to pace the show properly. Rating-wise, 1% is pretty great for a non-primetime weekly slot, especially considering the lower rating trends recently.

The criticisms so far have been major changes to certain characters and world building, I think. I haven't really followed it, since I didn't read the book. The show opened a little chaoticly but I think it was reasonably easy to follow. 6 ep in, I'm not fully on board yet, but will keep watching.

Archived